Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Results 76 to 100 of 185

    Thread: Wastegate Actuator Rod rattle - SOLVED

    1. Member icon5585's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2006
      Location
      Kansas City, MO
      Posts
      930
      Vehicles
      2011 BMW 335XI
      06-25-2011 02:55 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by O_loung1 View Post
      can you post the part number from your invoice after your appointment?
      hooooray!

    2. 06-25-2011 04:29 PM #77
      I will definately will post the part # from the invoice. If not on it, I WILL ask for you guys! I was SO shocked when VW called to tell me there was a fix finally. Can't wait to drive my Jetta without the rattle. It's going to sound SO much better.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2009
      Posts
      3,221
      Vehicles
      2006 Passat 2.0t 6mt
      06-26-2011 10:28 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by rg713 View Post
      I will definately will post the part # from the invoice. If not on it, I WILL ask for you guys! I was SO shocked when VW called to tell me there was a fix finally. Can't wait to drive my Jetta without the rattle. It's going to sound SO much better.
      As far as I know. On the invoice it will say clip with a internal part number and QTM next to it. The part # as of now will not come up in the system yet.

    4. n00b
      Join Date
      Jun 24th, 2011
      Location
      queens, new york
      Posts
      1
      Vehicles
      2011 gti shadow blue
      06-27-2011 03:50 AM #79
      yup, ive had the noise since i first bought the car with 5 miles on it.

    5. 06-28-2011 01:39 PM #80
      Hey guys, they fixed it!!! I am happy to report that the rattling noise is gone!

      Here is the info so you guys have it.

      TSB # 21-11-03
      PART # 06J145220A

      Hope this info helps the rest of you with this issue.

      Take care!

    6. Member icon5585's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2006
      Location
      Kansas City, MO
      Posts
      930
      Vehicles
      2011 BMW 335XI
      06-28-2011 01:59 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by rg713 View Post
      Hey guys, they fixed it!!! I am happy to report that the rattling noise is gone!

      Here is the info so you guys have it.

      TSB # 21-11-03
      PART # 06J145220A

      Hope this info helps the rest of you with this issue.

      Take care!
      I called my dealership and they had no clue what the hell I was talking about. They also looked up the part # and said it was an AUDI part

    7. 06-29-2011 08:46 AM #82
      I called a dealer today and asked about the potential fix I’ve read about for the acceleration noise. As usual, their first response is to shut down and say they’ve never heard of the problem. Fortunately for me, I’ve kept up with this forum and others on the web for well over a year, so I had lots of info to back them into a corner. I gave them the old TSB#21-10-01 that addressed the issue but didn’t provide a fix. The service manager reluctantly looked up it up and found that a new TSB came out this month (June ’11) outlining a fix. The new TSB# is 21-11-03. The service manager said according to this TSB the issue only affects 300 vehicles. The fix involves attaching a retention clip. The noise is caused by the turbo wastegate rod and actuator. I truly hope this fixes the problem. I would be happy with just a 50% reduction of the noise.

      After more research, they found the part and ordered it. I take my 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg in for the modification next week. I’ll post an update along with the retention clip part number.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2001
      Location
      Jacksonville-ish, FL
      Posts
      179
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI DSG
      07-06-2011 01:39 AM #83
      Good thread. Will be bringing this up to my dealer. My car rattles, too!

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2010
      Location
      Green Brook
      Posts
      167
      Vehicles
      '08 R32
      07-07-2011 09:30 AM #84
      I have my 30k mile service scheduled for this Saturday at Douglas VW. I hope good things come from this fix.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2003
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      7,541
      Vehicles
      2015 Subaru WRX
      07-07-2011 12:09 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by rg713 View Post
      PART # 06J145220A
      This aint a clip.... for $55??

      CLIP [Part# 06J145220A]
      Volkswagen
      List Price:$75.00
      Your Price:$54.90
      2015 Subaru Fortester XT
      2015 Subaru WRX Limited
      190+ Video GTI Modding/DIY Library /

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2010
      Location
      Green Brook
      Posts
      167
      Vehicles
      '08 R32
      07-07-2011 01:00 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by placenta View Post
      This aint a clip.... for $55??

      CLIP [Part# 06J145220A]
      Volkswagen
      List Price:$75.00
      Your Price:$54.90
      It's a pricey little piece, but yea that's the one.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2003
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      7,541
      Vehicles
      2015 Subaru WRX
      07-07-2011 01:03 PM #87
      I'd still prob pay it rather than waste a half day at the dealer not to mention lose work time.
      2015 Subaru Fortester XT
      2015 Subaru WRX Limited
      190+ Video GTI Modding/DIY Library /

    13. 07-07-2011 01:11 PM #88
      Heh. What's funny is every time I get my GTI serviced I bitch about 3 things.

      -The car doesn't start sometimes when it cranks.
      -The wastegate rattles on acceleration.
      -DSG free revs in first gear and goes nowhere when I floor it. (happens at random.)

      Their response is, "Our tech didn't find anything wrong. And the GTI doesn't have a wastegate." I have receipts proving these statements. It's really funny. I'd fix it myself, but I paid alot for this German ****box to be free of problems and for it to be under warranty.

      Thousand Oaks VW doesn't have very good techs or competent service people.

      Thanks for the wastegate rattle updates. Another piece of paper to throw at them.
      Last edited by rez311; 07-07-2011 at 01:16 PM.
      -11 VW GTI - Carbon Steal, DSG, Autobahn package
      -93 FD - BNRs on Methanol - Red
      -93 FD - 20B gt42 - Black
      -70 Fitchel & Sachs km48 mowerbike 160cc
      -09 Yamaha R1 Raven

    14. Member icon5585's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2006
      Location
      Kansas City, MO
      Posts
      930
      Vehicles
      2011 BMW 335XI
      07-07-2011 01:13 PM #89
      Has anyone else gotten this service done?

    15. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,266
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI l Bagged 2010 GTI (Totaled) l 2007 GLI (Sold)
      07-07-2011 01:13 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by rez311 View Post
      Heh. What's funny is every time I get my GTI serviced I bitch about 3 things.

      -The car doesn't start sometimes when it cranks.
      -The wastegate rattles on acceleration.
      -DSG free revs in first gear and goes nowhere when I floor it. (happens at random.)

      Their response is, "Our tech didn't find anything wrong. And the GTI doesn't have a wastegate." I have receipts proving these statements. It's really funny. I'd fix it myself, but I paid alot for this German ****box to be free of problems and for it to be under warranty.

      Thousand Oaks VW doesn't have very good techs or competent service people.

      Thanks fr the wastegate rattle updates. Another piece of paper to throw at them.

      Print out this thread and give it to the service manger.

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2003
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      7,541
      Vehicles
      2015 Subaru WRX
      07-07-2011 01:15 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by icon5585 View Post
      Has anyone else gotten this service done?
      lot of people on "other" forums have had it done now. 100% solves it.
      2015 Subaru Fortester XT
      2015 Subaru WRX Limited
      190+ Video GTI Modding/DIY Library /

    17. 07-07-2011 01:22 PM #92
      Thanks oneethree. I'll hold my breath though...
      -11 VW GTI - Carbon Steal, DSG, Autobahn package
      -93 FD - BNRs on Methanol - Red
      -93 FD - 20B gt42 - Black
      -70 Fitchel & Sachs km48 mowerbike 160cc
      -09 Yamaha R1 Raven

    18. Junior Member VEGASVWGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2011
      Posts
      88
      Vehicles
      11/DB/4DR/6MAN/SUN/NAV/BIX/
      07-07-2011 01:39 PM #93
      I have an appointment to get it done soon. With the TSB they knew exactly what I was talking about and took less than 10 minutes to set up the arrangements. Glad VW gave some attention to this matter. If I listened to the radio less frequently, I really think it would be a bigger deal.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2010
      Location
      Green Brook
      Posts
      167
      Vehicles
      '08 R32
      07-07-2011 01:42 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by placenta View Post
      I'd still prob pay it rather than waste a half day at the dealer not to mention lose work time.
      You're saying you would pay the cost of the clip and install it yourself just so you don't lose some time?!?!?

      Drop your car off at the dealer, schedule it so you get a loaner, have VW fix it, and pick it up when it's ready. Why would you waste $55+ if it's a free fix?

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2003
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      7,541
      Vehicles
      2015 Subaru WRX
      07-07-2011 02:11 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010GTI4me View Post
      You're saying you would pay the cost of the clip and install it yourself just so you don't lose some time?!?!?

      Drop your car off at the dealer, schedule it so you get a loaner, have VW fix it, and pick it up when it's ready. Why would you waste $55+ if it's a free fix?
      because my work time is worth a lot more than that. i would waste 7X that money taking a day off work, and my dealers dont give me loaners.. not to mention the car will come back with some new scratch somewhere.
      2015 Subaru Fortester XT
      2015 Subaru WRX Limited
      190+ Video GTI Modding/DIY Library /

    21. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,266
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI l Bagged 2010 GTI (Totaled) l 2007 GLI (Sold)
      07-07-2011 02:13 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by placenta View Post
      not to mention the car will come back with some new scratch somewhere.
      That I agree with.

    22. Member sixteenvalve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 13th, 2002
      Location
      McMinnville, OR
      Posts
      7,085
      Vehicles
      '90 GLI, '99 Passat, '80 Caddy 16V
      07-07-2011 04:41 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by sgessler2011 View Post
      Does anyone have a valid part # on the clip that may be needed to end this rattle?
      Steve
      Ya, don't see why everyone is having such a hard time finding the part number...
      06J-145-220A
      Hope this helps someone

      Volkswagen of Salem Parts
      /\/\/\ Ask me about 20% off all VW parts and accessories to Vortex members /\/\/\
      Flashover!!

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2001
      Location
      Jacksonville-ish, FL
      Posts
      179
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI DSG
      07-07-2011 09:28 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by VEGASVWGTI View Post
      I have an appointment to get it done soon. With the TSB they knew exactly what I was talking about and took less than 10 minutes to set up the arrangements. Glad VW gave some attention to this matter. If I listened to the radio less frequently, I really think it would be a bigger deal.
      They initially "could not duplicate the condition" but when I gave them the TSB and Part numbers, they ordered the part right away. They will be doing the repair for me when it comes in and giving me a loaner. Thanks Vortex!

      Yuri

    24. Member jr05gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2006
      Location
      GA
      Posts
      661
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI
      07-11-2011 09:45 PM #99
      Took mine in today. Of course they said they couldn't hear it, so the shop foreman went on a ride-a-long with me. He noticed it right away when I told him when to listen. Got the part on order and hopefully it'll be put on on Wednesday.


    25. Member reelknead1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 2007
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      2,057
      Vehicles
      CSG GTI 2010
      07-11-2011 10:35 PM #100
      I will be calling my dealer tomorrow morning. Lets see how crazy they think I am, I have little faith in my dealer. They are the ones that told me window tint would void my warranty

    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •