Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Results 456 to 490 of 675

    Thread: Funny Things People Have Said About Your .:R32

    1. Member RRRRR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 7th, 2007
      Location
      Tipp City OH
      Posts
      1,858
      Vehicles
      '08 VW R32, DBP, #450 of 5000
      08-14-2012 03:42 PM #456
      Out getting lunch today...
      I pull into a parking space, next to a large lifted pickup truck. As I was getting out of my car, a construction worker was getting into the pickup...

      Him: Is that thing fast?
      Me: Yea, it does alright.
      Him: I love that car!

      Meanwhile, 6 other construction workers are chowing down their subs at a table at the front window. The whole time they are staring out the window pointing and discussing the car... They looked like they were looking thru the glass at a zoo exhibit!
      2008 DBP .:R32: ...more awesome than a monkey wearing a tuxedo made out of bacon riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for the horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on mars while engulfed in flames...
      And in case you didn't know, that's pretty dang sweet. (Sincerely, Flint)

      US-spec R32 Registry * Cont.:Ributor

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2008
      Location
      Fancy Pants Connecticut
      Posts
      1,713
      Vehicles
      Golf R32
      08-14-2012 05:28 PM #457
      Random Guy at a gas station:

      Random Guy: I thought you couldn't import an R32 into America.

      Me: This isn't a skyline.......

      Random Guy: Really? It looks like a Nissan.

      Me: It's a VW.. one of 5,000 imported.

      Random Guy: So it's not fast?

      Me: No, it just looks it. Have a good day Sir.

      ( He only saw the front end)
      You'll UM | You'll Performance Leds

    3. Member Slave IV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2010
      Posts
      3,461
      Vehicles
      B5 S4, MkV R32, W203 C240, W123 300D Turbo, W210 E320 4Matic
      08-14-2012 05:33 PM #458
      Quote Originally Posted by whitekryptonite View Post
      So it's not fast?
      Haha, Awesome!
      If your gas cap light comes on even if you think you tightened the cap, try pulling on the cap as you tighten it. Worked for me.
      Help us with suspension specs!
      Vag Evolution: MkI Rabbit -> MkII 16v GTI -> B5 S4/MkV .:R32

    4. Member MoWsE's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 14th, 2007
      Location
      SoCal (Oxnard)
      Posts
      2,178
      Vehicles
      Current: 2008 MKV .:R32 Old: 2000 B5 Passat
      08-21-2012 02:08 PM #459
      Blew a tire yesterday... Call my roommate to bring me my spare (air ride, so no spare in the car)...

      Him: "Yeah, I'll bring it to you. Want me to grab the jack too?"
      Me: "Nah, I got that part taken care of"

      He shows up with my spare tire and I 3 wheel the car...

      Him: "Dude, you're car has surprised me AGAIN!"
      Me: "Why you say that?"
      Him: "It's on freakin 3 wheels, how awesome is that?!?"

      Forgot he had never seen me 3 wheel it

    5. Member Fuk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2012
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      130
      Vehicles
      52 ford f1, .:R32 08
      08-21-2012 05:32 PM #460
      Quote Originally Posted by MoWsE View Post
      Blew a tire yesterday... Call my roommate to bring me my spare (air ride, so no spare in the car)...

      Him: "Yeah, I'll bring it to you. Want me to grab the jack too?"
      Me: "Nah, I got that part taken care of"

      He shows up with my spare tire and I 3 wheel the car...

      Him: "Dude, you're car has surprised me AGAIN!"
      Me: "Why you say that?"
      Him: "It's on freakin 3 wheels, how awesome is that?!?"

      Forgot he had never seen me 3 wheel it
      Nice!
      i've seen that wrench on the mfd, but i can't find it in the engine bay. has anyone seen this wrench's location?
      Try checking the airbox.

      Performanceleds.com

    6. Member VdubbPeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2008
      Location
      Eldersburg MD
      Posts
      2,907
      Vehicles
      2004 VW .:R32 S/C 78' Kawasaki kz650SR built
      08-21-2012 08:10 PM #461
      Never really thought about that... That's super convenient.
      (O : o)=R32=W====(o : O)
      I <3 (.Y.)
      If you don't like my post. IDGAF.

    7. Banned BetaOp9's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2006
      Posts
      5,408
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 [TR #2392]
      08-21-2012 08:32 PM #462
      This week has been good to me.

      Conversation #1

      Male Coworker: *See's my R32 as my background* "Oh what is that?"

      Me: It's a Volkswagen Golf...it's my other car.

      Male Coworker: "That's not your car."

      Me: "Yes it is."

      Male Coworker: ....I don't believe you.



      Conversation #2

      Female Coworker: *Talking about her next car buying options...Honda CR-Z or Camero*

      Me: "Have you looked into Volkswagen's? I have one and love it."

      Female Coworker: *Laugh* "Anytime I hear Volkswagen I think of those bugs."

      Me: "I promise you, I don't drive a VW beetle" >:-|

      Female Coworker: *Calms down* "What do they even make?"

      Me: *Goes to www.vw.com, goes over all of the models*


      Ultimately she fell in love with the EOS.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 19th, 2012
      Location
      Amman-Jordan
      Posts
      427
      08-21-2012 09:49 PM #463
      our company financial manager was running out of time and needed to send someone "quickly" to deposit salaries so he asked me if i can take one of his guys in my car

      we get in and i turn engine on...

      Him: mmm nice car
      Me: thanks
      Him: 2012, right?
      Me: no, 2008
      *i was driving really slow because of traffic...*
      Him: wow your car doing well even with AC on
      Me:
      Him: seems you have 1.6L not 1.4L
      Me: nope
      Him: no don't tell me its 1.8L engine..!!
      Me: wrong i guess....
      Him: sorry but you are crazy if its 2.0L... that's a lot of gas...

      *Out of traffic so floored it*

      Him: slow down slow down please please please, you are crazy
      Me: i have 3.2L Engine and this is not a normal golf...
      Him: oh so this is a GTI?

      i was counting to 10 before kicking him out of my car....

    9. Member mbp487's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 14th, 2012
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      379
      Vehicles
      MKV R32 #922, 2010 Scion Tc
      08-25-2012 07:19 PM #464
      *me driving home with a girl I just met*

      Me: *floor it at a red light*

      Girl: wow i had no idea the Honda fit was so fast!

      Me:
      “If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” - Mario Andretti

    10. Member OUG13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 28th, 2011
      Location
      Middle of Dayton & Cincinnati, Ohio
      Posts
      288
      Vehicles
      2009 Audi S5
      08-25-2012 07:34 PM #465
      Quote Originally Posted by mbp487 View Post
      *me driving home with a girl I just met*

      Me: *floor it at a red light*

      Girl: wow i had no idea the Honda fit was so fast!

      Me:
      R.I.P. MKV R32 #2327 United Gray Metallic

    11. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,869
      Vehicles
      2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      08-25-2012 07:51 PM #466
      Quote Originally Posted by BetaOp9 View Post
      This week has been good to me.

      Conversation #1

      Male Coworker: *See's my R32 as my background* "Oh what is that?"

      Me: It's a Volkswagen Golf...it's my other car.

      Male Coworker: "That's not your car."

      Me: "Yes it is."

      Male Coworker: ....I don't believe you.



      Conversation #2

      Female Coworker: *Talking about her next car buying options...Honda CR-Z or Camero*

      Me: "Have you looked into Volkswagen's? I have one and love it."

      Female Coworker: *Laugh* "Anytime I hear Volkswagen I think of those bugs."

      Me: "I promise you, I don't drive a VW beetle" >:-|

      Female Coworker: *Calms down* "What do they even make?"

      Me: *Goes to www.vw.com, goes over all of the models*


      Ultimately she fell in love with the EOS.
      rofl. cross-shopping is always hilarious to me.

      a cr-z and a camaro? really?



      I'd take the cr-z over teh camaro.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    12. Member Mr_Peach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 18th, 2007
      Location
      Woodinville, WA
      Posts
      3,683
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 :: 2000 MBZ ML55 AMG :: 2006 Mini Cooper S :: 2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500 :: Yam. Morphous
      08-25-2012 11:42 PM #467
      "Maybe it really *is* a hybrid!"

      .....as I dead-stick coasted it off the track and through the paddock area after blowing an oil line.

      Funny, because I have a "V6 HYBRID" badge on the back.
      "If the car feels like it's on rails, you are probably driving too slowly." - Ross Bentley, Ultimate Speed Secrets

    13. Member Sarpedon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2011
      Location
      Long Beach CA
      Posts
      130
      Vehicles
      '08 R32 112/5000
      08-26-2012 12:03 AM #468
      Happened Friday as I was picking it up from getting it detailed:

      Guy: "Hey, that GTI is super-clean. Did you just get it? Is it a new model?"
      Me: "No, it's a '08 R32. V6, AWD, couple other things"
      Guy: "Really? There's no way they could put a V6 in that little thing, you're bs'ing me"
      Me: "Yah..."

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2001
      Location
      Cape Town, South Africa
      Posts
      621
      Vehicles
      1996 Mk1 Citi Golf(Race Car), 1996 Mk3 GTi , 1993 Land Rover Defender 110, 2008 TR MkV R32
      09-12-2012 02:54 PM #469
      Coming home this evening giving it horns, pull into my driveway......

      Dude: Wow, is that a tuned Mk6 GTi?
      Me: Dude!! it's a .:R32!
      Dude:


    15. Member qcbtbx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 6th, 2012
      Location
      hampton roads, va
      Posts
      1,174
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI-SOLD, MKV .:R32-SOLD, Bagged 88 Jetta, Bagged B5 Passat Wagon
      10-24-2012 08:23 AM #470
      Helping a friend move things out of storage into his apartment, he had a tall locker that would not fit on the back of his pop's pickup truck.

      Me: I think it will fit in the back of my car.
      Friend: This will not fit in the back of that smurf looking thing you got.
      *Fold down the seats, put locker in, close hatch*
      Friend: (nothing said)
      Me:

      don't sleep on the smu.:Rf! (car's new name)

    16. Member Exodusx7x's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Salem Oregon
      Posts
      197
      Vehicles
      08 r32 #1904 & 01 S2000
      10-24-2012 12:49 PM #471
      A few months ago when I first picked up my R my father says to me "I bet I could take you in the Cabrio"......

      I chuckled and said "oh you think so"

      His response "Yeah no roof. That's a weight reduction and, im loosing all my hair so that's a personal weight reduction

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2008
      Location
      Schenectady, NY
      Posts
      53
      Vehicles
      MkV R32
      10-24-2012 02:09 PM #472
      When I was thinking about getting mine decided to go to all the dealerships in the area to continue test driving (even though I had already made up my mind) and haggling on price a little...at an unnamed vw dealer in Latham, and I don't remember the exact conversation:

      Meets me in parking lot as I'm looking around for one...

      Me: Thinking about getting the R32, do you guys have any?
      Salesman: Yeah, we have a few right over here (shows me GTI's)
      Me: These aren't R32's, do you know what the difference is?
      Salesman: Don't think I've seen any of those come through here, but let's go inside and see if my manager knows.

      Walk into the showroom and dead center there is a UG R32 with R stickers all up and down the sides of it, LOL.

      Me: Sir, this car, the one that says R32 all over it, is the one I want
      Salesman: Oh, didn't realize it was different from the GTI

      I went on to explain the major differences, shook his hand, and told him I wasn't buying my car from him.

    18. Junior Member R527's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2012
      Location
      Saskatchewan
      Posts
      75
      Vehicles
      MKV R32T
      10-24-2012 08:26 PM #473
      I had just bought the car, drove it home. It still had Kentucky plates in Canada and I was filling it up.

      Random Guy filling work truck beside me: Hey is that a real R32?
      Me: Sure is.
      RG: Awesome! (then he asks some question about the engine)
      Me: 3.2L VR6 but this one has a turbo.
      RG: Oh they don't normally have a turbo?
      Me: No, just V6. Stock is about 250hp.
      RG: Oh so how much power does yours have?
      Me: About 450hp.
      RG: Holy ****.

      Then I fly out of there, happy someone already recognized the car.

      Most other encounters are "Is that a diesel?" "Oh god no."

    19. Member Saabstory02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2009
      Location
      Southern Maryland
      Posts
      4,558
      Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI ; 2012 VW Golf TDI - 4DR 6MT
      10-25-2012 07:48 AM #474
      Quote Originally Posted by R527 View Post
      Most other encounters are "Is that a diesel?" "Oh god no."
      Hey now!

      -Jason
      '12 TDI 6M with "stuff"
      Drive a Diesel?

    20. 10-25-2012 08:11 AM #475


      Got to the race track, some jap crowd around, look at the badge.


      Look under the bonnet.


      Asking: Why VW made 6 cylinder 1.9L engine?
      Me: dunno, Germans are funny
      They listening the car taking off: Sounds good for a Diesel

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2011
      Location
      IOWA
      Posts
      1,208
      Vehicles
      Mk5 R32 #108, 08' Mk5 Jetta
      10-25-2012 05:30 PM #476
      Quote Originally Posted by MoWsE View Post
      Blew a tire yesterday... Call my roommate to bring me my spare (air ride, so no spare in the car)...

      Him: "Yeah, I'll bring it to you. Want me to grab the jack too?"
      Me: "Nah, I got that part taken care of"

      He shows up with my spare tire and I 3 wheel the car...

      Him: "Dude, you're car has surprised me AGAIN!"
      Me: "Why you say that?"
      Him: "It's on freakin 3 wheels, how awesome is that?!?"

      Forgot he had never seen me 3 wheel it
      YES
      Projekt German Auto Grüppe - German car entusiast club based in Iowa with members all over the Midwest

    22. Member MoWsE's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 14th, 2007
      Location
      SoCal (Oxnard)
      Posts
      2,178
      Vehicles
      Current: 2008 MKV .:R32 Old: 2000 B5 Passat
      10-26-2012 01:39 AM #477
      So this isn't a story about something someone said ABOUT my .:R, but it does involve my .:R none the less...

      Went to Honolulu VW today, having issues with my 2012 RNS reading SDXC cards so thought they could maybe help... I got parking literally right in front with no other cars around, so naturally I dumped out the bags and let her sit on the ground... Instantly heads turn inside I headed inside and started talking with a VW rep about the issue, while doing so I notice some employees gathering out front and checking out the .:R

      He says: "well lets go ask some of them and maybe someone can help..." We get out front and start talking with the others, unfortunately nobody was really any help... But while we're out there I hear the inside phone ringing over the loud speaker outside... RING 1...RING 2...RING3...RING4...

      VW employee #1: "is anyone inside going to answer that"
      VW employee #2: (while looking around) "Oh ****, everyone is out here!"

      VW employee #1 then scrambles to run inside and answer the phone... While I practically die laughing outside because I had just emptied out Honolulu VW of all it's employee's because of my .:R

    23. Member qcbtbx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 6th, 2012
      Location
      hampton roads, va
      Posts
      1,174
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI-SOLD, MKV .:R32-SOLD, Bagged 88 Jetta, Bagged B5 Passat Wagon
      10-26-2012 11:07 AM #478
      Quote Originally Posted by MoWsE View Post
      So this isn't a story about something someone said ABOUT my .:R, but it does involve my .:R none the less...

      Went to Honolulu VW today, having issues with my 2012 RNS reading SDXC cards so thought they could maybe help... I got parking literally right in front with no other cars around, so naturally I dumped out the bags and let her sit on the ground... Instantly heads turn inside I headed inside and started talking with a VW rep about the issue, while doing so I notice some employees gathering out front and checking out the .:R

      He says: "well lets go ask some of them and maybe someone can help..." We get out front and start talking with the others, unfortunately nobody was really any help... But while we're out there I hear the inside phone ringing over the loud speaker outside... RING 1...RING 2...RING3...RING4...

      VW employee #1: "is anyone inside going to answer that"
      VW employee #2: (while looking around) "Oh ****, everyone is out here!"

      VW employee #1 then scrambles to run inside and answer the phone... While I practically die laughing outside because I had just emptied out Honolulu VW of all it's employee's because of my .:R
      love it!

    24. Member qcbtbx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 6th, 2012
      Location
      hampton roads, va
      Posts
      1,174
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI-SOLD, MKV .:R32-SOLD, Bagged 88 Jetta, Bagged B5 Passat Wagon
      11-02-2012 05:17 PM #479
      Walkin into lowe's, a guy is walking in the same time as me.

      Guy: is that your golf?
      Me: yea the R32 is mine.
      Guy: man that is sweet. I have only seen like two others. One was black and the other was blue.
      Me: thanks man. (as i laughed to myself)

      sent from my thunderbolt

    25. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,356
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      11-02-2012 05:20 PM #480
      Quote Originally Posted by qcbtbx View Post
      Walkin into lowe's, a guy is walking in the same time as me.

      Guy: is that your golf?
      Me: yea the R32 is mine.
      Guy: man that is sweet. I have only seen like two others. One was black and the other was blue.
      Me: thanks man. (as i laughed to myself)

      sent from my thunderbolt

      they made 04 Rs in black FYI.
      WITW2014 UNIbrace

    26. Member Slave IV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2010
      Posts
      3,461
      Vehicles
      B5 S4, MkV R32, W203 C240, W123 300D Turbo, W210 E320 4Matic
      11-02-2012 05:21 PM #481
      Because it's impossible to paint a car a different color these days or for someone to leave the country?

      Just messing witcha
      If your gas cap light comes on even if you think you tightened the cap, try pulling on the cap as you tighten it. Worked for me.
      Help us with suspension specs!
      Vag Evolution: MkI Rabbit -> MkII 16v GTI -> B5 S4/MkV .:R32

    27. Member sixteen10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2008
      Location
      South Africa
      Posts
      3,592
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi 8P S3
      11-03-2012 08:04 AM #482
      Stopped at a gas station and some guys were doing a promo on some product , the one guy scoots over and starts praising my .:R , it was all going well until he said he loves it when guys hammer them down the road and they go "tsh tsh tsh".

      He is one of the many who still think the .:R32 is turbocharged.

    28. Member qcbtbx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 6th, 2012
      Location
      hampton roads, va
      Posts
      1,174
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI-SOLD, MKV .:R32-SOLD, Bagged 88 Jetta, Bagged B5 Passat Wagon
      11-03-2012 08:51 AM #483
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      they made 04 Rs in black FYI.
      True, i was assuming he was referring to just 08s

      sent from my thunderbolt

    29. Member qcbtbx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 6th, 2012
      Location
      hampton roads, va
      Posts
      1,174
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI-SOLD, MKV .:R32-SOLD, Bagged 88 Jetta, Bagged B5 Passat Wagon
      11-03-2012 08:54 AM #484
      Quote Originally Posted by Slave IV View Post
      Because it's impossible to paint a car a different color these days or for someone to leave the country?

      Just messing witcha
      Lol

      sent from my thunderbolt

    30. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2001
      Location
      Cape Town, South Africa
      Posts
      621
      Vehicles
      1996 Mk1 Citi Golf(Race Car), 1996 Mk3 GTi , 1993 Land Rover Defender 110, 2008 TR MkV R32
      11-03-2012 09:41 AM #485
      Quote Originally Posted by sixteen10 View Post
      "tsh tsh tsh"
      "tsh tsh tsh"

    31. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,356
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      11-03-2012 10:25 AM #486
      Quote Originally Posted by qcbtbx View Post
      True, i was assuming he was referring to just 08s

      sent from my thunderbolt
      I assumed you thought that assumption
      WITW2014 UNIbrace

    32. Member vipermoon64's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2013
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      1,662
      Vehicles
      .:R32 Mk5
      01-12-2013 01:40 AM #487
      Quote Originally Posted by mbp487 View Post
      literally every time ive gotten a parking ticket/warning the meter maid has written down "VW GTI" or "VW Rabbit", basically anything other than "VW R32". apparently everyone thinks the badges are fake or something.
      On my ticket that I got last September it said... wait for it...

      VW Passat

    33. Member vipermoon64's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2013
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      1,662
      Vehicles
      .:R32 Mk5
      01-12-2013 02:13 AM #488
      Hello guys, I came over here from GolfMkV.com, thought I'd introduce myself. This is a funny thread BTW. This thread is a good idea, good way to share experiences and the things that make us laugh and get us mad.

      The post above about the "Passat" was mine but other than that it's been the gas mileage, turbo, and GTI, and "cute" comments (oh and I get a lot of "WHAT'S THAT CAR CALLED AGAIN???) and it gets me angry not because I care, but because I hate explaining DSG, 4motion, and VR6 to clueless people who pretend to have interest then lose it after a few seconds.

      My buddies at school (I go to Kettering University if anyone is familiar) make fun of it (jealous) calling it .:Rainbow .:R, Golf, GTI, Rabbit. But this is an engineering school where a lot of people know about it and I get the respect especially when they hear it. I've had the car since last summmer. And I LOVE this thing, I can't imagine ever selling it.

      I gotta mention. Of the few hundred cars parked at the school, there are only 4-5 VW Golf-bodied cars. Another freshman has a Mk5 GTI manual, there's a Mk6 2.5 manual, and a 2012 Golf R with the Euro LEDs and Euro headlight switch (he owned an Mk4 R32 before that, which I would have kept ) and all of these cars are 2-doors. And I think someone has an Mk3 VR6 Golf.
      Last edited by vipermoon64; 01-12-2013 at 02:25 AM.

    34. Member RRRRR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 7th, 2007
      Location
      Tipp City OH
      Posts
      1,858
      Vehicles
      '08 VW R32, DBP, #450 of 5000
      01-12-2013 07:52 AM #489
      Quote Originally Posted by cripper8 View Post
      When I was thinking about getting mine decided to go to all the dealerships in the area to continue test driving (even though I had already made up my mind) and haggling on price a little...at an unnamed vw dealer in Latham, and I don't remember the exact conversation:

      Meets me in parking lot as I'm looking around for one...

      Me: Thinking about getting the R32, do you guys have any?
      Salesman: Yeah, we have a few right over here (shows me GTI's)
      Me: These aren't R32's, do you know what the difference is?
      Salesman: Don't think I've seen any of those come through here, but let's go inside and see if my manager knows.

      Walk into the showroom and dead center there is a UG R32 with R stickers all up and down the sides of it, LOL.

      Me: Sir, this car, the one that says R32 all over it, is the one I want
      Salesman: Oh, didn't realize it was different from the GTI

      I went on to explain the major differences, shook his hand, and told him I wasn't buying my car from him.
      If he didn't know the difference, you could have price shopped him against a GTI!
      2008 DBP .:R32: ...more awesome than a monkey wearing a tuxedo made out of bacon riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for the horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on mars while engulfed in flames...
      And in case you didn't know, that's pretty dang sweet. (Sincerely, Flint)

      US-spec R32 Registry * Cont.:Ributor

    35. Member AzDubN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2007
      Location
      Tucson, AZ
      Posts
      974
      Vehicles
      2008 .:R32 / 1995 GTI VR6 *Sold* / 2002 GTI big turbo *rest in pieces*
      01-13-2013 01:38 PM #490
      I was at a party and some guy was raving about his car and I mentioned I had a R32. Everyone's jaw dropped and the guy started talking about how he always loved the R32 and wanted one. Everyone wanted to go look at my car so I took them outside to see it. Got a few steps outside "Oh its just a Volkswagen. Nevermind"
      Flickr | AzH2O | Volkwear Clothing | EUROjunkies

      Vote Saxon

    Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •