VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Audi tt bt build almost done I guess?

144K views 667 replies 60 participants last post by  Dowski12 
#1 · (Edited)
Well after going from a ko3 to ko4 to gt2871r Elim my gt3076r build is almost done all work is done by alex at went worth motorsports in Brewster ma.lots of pics inside:). New update to the parts list

Car is forsale $7,000 takes it just got it back today from the build
call or text 5082154857

(Engine)
Je pistons 83mm coated 8.5.1
Integrated rods 20mm.
Ie 83mm head gasket
Acl coated rod bearings.
Acl coated main bearings
Southbend stage 5 clutch single mass flywheel
Arp Turbo and manifold studs
Arp rod bolts
Arp cam bolt
Arp head bolts
Diesel geek sigma 6
Billet dipstick and funnel(wanabe)
Jrm billet heater core fittings
Jrm billet thermostat housing
Jrm billet coolant flange
Gates racing blue belt
R8 oil cap
new radiator
New alternator 90 amp
Ie billet light weight alternator pully
New oil pump
New water pump metal impeller
Fluidamper
Garrett Gt3076r 63ar with polished housing
Snail turbo billet wheel
Kinetic top mount manifold
Turbo blanket eBay
Tial 38mm waste gate
Mad max dv
Turbo smart mbc
Vibrant fmic custom ss pipes
Front mount oil cooler
Braile battery 11.5 lbs
034 coil pack ss heat shield
034 ls1 coil pack conversion
034 transition spacer
Vibrant catch can
Apr in take fuel pump and a walbro inline
C2 motor sports fuel pump kit
Nitrous fmic spay and purge
2 14" mishimoto fans
Low temp thermostat
Low temp fan switch
Mishimoto rad hoses
Ie ful rail black
Ie fpr adaptor
Sai block of plate
Inconel exhaust valves
Supertech intake valves
Supertech Titanium retainers
Supertech springs
Aeb head
Integrated crank dowel pin kit
Cat cam gear
Abd manifod runners welded to excessive plenum
Unitronics wide band 830cc file sai delete and maf delete vvt delete
Race line wide band harness
Hemi throttle body 80mm
Vf mounts
Solid dog bone mount
Madmax direct port meth
Snow stage 3 water meth. And fail safe
3"turbo back no cat no muffler with ss vibrant tips
Power steering delete
AC delete

(Interior)
Corbeau forza seats black
Corbeau five point harness silver
corbeau harness pads
Rear seat delete custom made
Stable engineering harness bar
shift light
Euro lower dash lighter with pockets
Momo steering wheel
Ash tray romoved for nitrous panel
Generic boost af ratio gauge in pillar pod will be changing the gauges
Wot box in the column with USB in fuse panel
Nitrous bottle in trunk painted to match silver
Snow performance Meth display under ashtray
OEM seat belts removed
CD changer removed
spare and tools removed
Radio and speakers removed

(Suspension)
034 solid sub frame mounts
034 density pillow mounts
Gtt aluminum upper strut brace
H&r rear adjustable sway bar
ta technix coilovers rear adjusters out and upper perch removed
Euro sport lower tie bar
Black forest rear control arms (bottom
Cpt rear control arms (top)
Blue Haldex
42 draft 30mm front 20mm rear adaptors 5×100 to 5×130
Wheels Porsche 997 8.5" front 9.5" rear they might be reps
Brakes Porsche boxer front paint black tt stickers
Hawk hps pads front
Pbr rear pads stock rear caliper
All braided ss lines
Cross drilled sloted rotors

See less See more
#3 ·
And got to throw in a pic before I droped here off:)

Before you say anything it wasn't lowered yet now it's on h&r springs and this was at waterfest 2009

This was at seekonk speed way where they do dust of

#22 ·
Finally some new pics:)
got the motor out

And the old motor blown head gasket
I'm getting closer south bend stage 5 clutch came in also just have to do all the deletes and delete powersteering :)

#26 ·
Finally some new pics:)
And the old motor blown head gasket
I am curious how you determined that the head gasket was blown? I have been working on 1.8T's for a long time, and have never seen a 1.8T actually blow a head gasket. I have seen coolant related issues from overheating, and a bunch of turbo-related problems that were blamed as bad head gaskets, but never actually seen where the gasket failed. The 1.8t head clamps on so well, in so many points, it is one of the 1.8T's strong points for sure.

Your build looks to be coming along well, nice looking car too. Curious also why you chose the 3076? I know that is a great setup when paired with a 2.0L displacement upgrade, but I didn't see if you were increasing displacement to 2.0L? We orignally ran the ATP 2871R kit in a 1.8L, but we replaced the ATP manifold with a better manifold after a year or so, and it made 413whp, and ran 11.26 in the quarter mile at 127mph. Not bad for FWD. We also run the Uni BT software, it is the best (IMHO).

Keep up the good work.

#24 ·
TRYING TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT PLUSE THE RACK IS LEAKING,I ALLREADY DID AC DELETE REAR SEATS ASHTRAY CD CHANGER ALL HEAT SHEILDS UNDERNETH .RACING STEERING WHEEL RACING SEATS CARBONFIBER BATTERY SPARE TIRE AND TOOLS SO I WAS GOING TO DELETE EVAP SAI POWERSTEERING ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD DO :thumbup:

#28 ·
I think you might have some incorrect information. The head torquing procedure changes on what type of hardware you are using.

If you're using studs you absolutely MUST re-torque the head after one heat cycle. No questions asked it's in the ARP manual and both performance shops I've went to have told me this.

If you are using OEM stretch bolts you do not re-torque the head. I believe the same goes for ARP bolts, however, I am not sure and would like someone to confirm.

#29 · (Edited)
I think you might have some incorrect information. The head torquing procedure changes on what type of hardware you are using.

If you're using studs you absolutely MUST re-torque the head after one heat cycle. No questions asked it's in the ARP manual and both performance shops I've went to have told me this.

If you are using OEM stretch bolts you do not re-torque the head. I believe the same goes for ARP bolts, however, I am not sure and would like someone to confirm.
I'm running arp bolts and I have not heard this before. I'm about 1000 miles into the new motor and I'm not having any problems. I'll take a look around and see what I can dig up.

** Found the installation directions on there website. ARP head bolts don't need to be retorqued.
http://arpinstructions.com/instructions/204-3901.pdf

#30 ·
Just wondering if any one has got the weight under 3,000 lbs on their tt.I also need to know when doing all deletes what needs to be resistored just looking for some info:popcorn:

#31 ·
Looks great, this should make a killer street car! Providing you got uni to give you all the deletes the only thing that needs either a resister or a solenoid plugged into the electrical plug (no vacuum lines needed) is EVAP and VVT if you deleted VVT. Personally I run with the EVAP solenoid still plugged in, I just hide it, and I plugged in the gold n249 solenoid into the VVT harness and it trims perfectly. Now you'll get a code for no n75 if you choose to delete that also but no CEL :thumbup:

#35 · (Edited)
I picked up these wheels this weekend for $600 what u think
and I found a pic with them on

What do u guys think their 8 5 in the front and 9 5 in the rear

#36 ·
Not to much progress but some thing
got the valve cover painted timing belt on sai block off plate cut the bracket that holds the power steering pump ie dowel pin installed. deleted the factory oil cooler

Anything u guys think I should do or any input is all ways appreciated :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.