Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Results 126 to 150 of 255

    Thread: So many cyclists

    1. Member VWAddict's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 12th, 1999
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      6,566
      Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      08-17-2011 10:51 AM #126
      *SHAMELESS* post follows:

      Since getting back on the bike last year, I've lost 65lbs, am back at my 'wedding weight' (from 15 years ago!) and am now off my blood-pressure medications and generally all round dramatically healthier.

      I'd like to use my 'rediscovered' interest in cycling to do something good for the community, so with that in mind I've signed up for a charity ride (100 mile course) in late September...

      -Need peeps to donate whatever they feel is appropriate... however small the amount. (Did I mention "tax-deductible"?)

      http://ride4ronald.kintera.org/keith...f=1=4815297387

      If this post is out of order, or anyone has any objections, feel free to PM me.

      Cheers!
      Keef
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

    2. 08-17-2011 11:32 AM #127
      VWAddict

      I did the same thing (posted for possible donation on my 545mile ride for next year...so far noone. i tried)

      Quote Originally Posted by VWAddict View Post
      *SHAMELESS* post follows:

      Since getting back on the bike last year, I've lost 65lbs, am back at my 'wedding weight' (from 15 years ago!) and am now off my blood-pressure medications and generally all round dramatically healthier.

      I'd like to use my 'rediscovered' interest in cycling to do something good for the community, so with that in mind I've signed up for a charity ride (100 mile course) in late September...

      -Need peeps to donate whatever they feel is appropriate... however small the amount. (Did I mention "tax-deductible"?)

      http://ride4ronald.kintera.org/keith...f=1=4815297387

      If this post is out of order, or anyone has any objections, feel free to PM me.

      Cheers!
      Keef

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2008
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      3,495
      08-17-2011 12:46 PM #128
      Since getting on the cycling circuit, I have had to spend thousands in medical bills for the crashes that I regularly encounter, plus the constant replacement of frames, wheels, and the countless number of tubulars from flats (its almost felt like 1 a day) that I could not keep up with the repair. Since getting off it, I traded thrill and lots of suffering (and alot of money) for the extra pounds I carry around.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2009
      Location
      Kickin it with MKIM
      Posts
      2,988
      08-18-2011 05:44 PM #129
      just some 411

      looking for some AUDI gear? check out Krykisports and audicycling on facebook. The weargear is nice looking!! If you want to order, email mikehone@krykisports.com. I am not affiliated BTW.

      Also, I'm sure this is not new info but I have been using IRT wheels and just love them. Take a look at their website. The wheels are simply awesome and are made by a bunch of audi enthusiasts who have some pretty good looking audis on the site.

      cheers

    5. Member brungold's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 8th, 2007
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      2,903
      Vehicles
      2008.5 A3 TSI Ibis White 6MT S-line
      08-18-2011 06:57 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by tcardio View Post

      Also, I'm sure this is not new info but I have been using IRT wheels and just love them. Take a look at their website. The wheels are simply awesome and are made by a bunch of audi enthusiasts who have some pretty good looking audis on the site.

      cheers
      Thanks for the plug, T! Glad you love them! Send me a pic of your rig for our FB if you dont mind!

      www.irtwheels.com
      2008.5 A3 | 2.0TSI | 6MT | Ibis White | Ti | OpenSky | Xenon | S-line

      Brungold Build Thread
      SoCal A3s on Facebook

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      4,039
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3 2.0T
      08-18-2011 09:33 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by LWNY View Post
      Since getting on the cycling circuit, I have had to spend thousands in medical bills for the crashes that I regularly encounter, plus the constant replacement of frames, wheels, and the countless number of tubulars from flats (its almost felt like 1 a day) that I could not keep up with the repair. Since getting off it, I traded thrill and lots of suffering (and alot of money) for the extra pounds I carry around.
      Sounds like you weren't a very good bike rider.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2008
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      3,495
      08-18-2011 11:00 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
      Sounds like you weren't a very good bike rider.
      riding in New york, the cars always thinks they have the right of way, making right turns, opening doors, etc. Plus, when in the pack, somebody always swirve for no apparent reason, you just hope you land on somebody else.

    8. Member krazyboi's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2004
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      14,886
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      09-18-2011 11:02 AM #133
      Bike purchased...what next?

      I went and got me the '11 Cannondale Synapse 6 for my starter bike. Was on sale for $700 @ REI. Just need for it to arrive and get assembled.

      I have a MTN bike helmet, shoes, and SPDs. I'm assuming all will be fine w/ the bike for now.

      Looking for some must haves to purchase.
      722 pages, 25255 posts, and 1,015,739 views later... R.I.P. LoL Bump thread 03/27/2008 ~ 02/16/2011.
      Link to my build: Audi A3 3.2 VR6 BT
      CleanAudi.com feature

    9. 09-18-2011 11:41 AM #134
      high pressure tires need a good floor pump. my favorite is the lezyne alloy floor pump. the reversible presta/schrader head screws onto the valve stem so it never pops off. i actually use this pump to inflate my car tires too to get accurate cold temp inflation pressures (gas station pumps have too much moisture).

      lezyne floor pump

    10. 09-18-2011 09:37 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by krazyboi View Post
      Bike purchased...what next?

      I went and got me the '11 Cannondale Synapse 6 for my starter bike. Was on sale for $700 @ REI. Just need for it to arrive and get assembled.

      I have a MTN bike helmet, shoes, and SPDs. I'm assuming all will be fine w/ the bike for now.

      Looking for some must haves to purchase.
      KB!!! wish you were in the west coast! spent this morning riding with the A3/Road bike gruppo along Pacific Coast Hiway...

      Anyone with a white A3, black 5 spoke wheels (I think) opensky and either a Fixie or Single gear bike (multicolored) on the roof rack in Malibu today around 930a by Starbucks on Cross Creek rd? Me, Rich(Brungold), Ray (gothicserpent), and David were doing a 30 mile ride from Santa Monica to Malibu and back. we were right there infront of Starbucks. We thought it was "PatMcGroin", but probably not...
      e
      Last edited by tiptronic; 09-18-2011 at 09:55 PM.

    11. 09-19-2011 12:20 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by krazyboi View Post
      bike purchased...what next?

      I went and got me the '11 cannondale synapse 6 for my starter bike. Was on sale for $700 @ rei. Just need for it to arrive and get assembled.

      I have a mtn bike helmet, shoes, and spds. I'm assuming all will be fine w/ the bike for now.

      Looking for some must haves to purchase.
      noiceq!!!

    12. Member Pat_McGroin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2010
      Location
      Downey, Ca
      Posts
      451
      Vehicles
      2010 Audi A3 2.0T
      09-19-2011 02:22 AM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by tiptronic View Post
      KB!!! wish you were in the west coast! spent this morning riding with the A3/Road bike gruppo along Pacific Coast Hiway...

      Anyone with a white A3, black 5 spoke wheels (I think) opensky and either a Fixie or Single gear bike (multicolored) on the roof rack in Malibu today around 930a by Starbucks on Cross Creek rd? Me, Rich(Brungold), Ray (gothicserpent), and David were doing a 30 mile ride from Santa Monica to Malibu and back. we were right there infront of Starbucks. We thought it was "PatMcGroin", but probably not...
      e
      Wasnt me, but as soon as I get my money right I'd be down to roll with your guys!
      Ibis White 2010 A3 2.0T
      Premium +/ Open Sky/ Titanium Pkg.
      5% Tint/ HID Fogs/ S3 Mirror Caps/ KW V3/ Gunmetal 19x8 et35 OZ Ultraleggeras/

      RICK

    13. Member krazyboi's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2004
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      14,886
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2T
      09-19-2011 08:41 AM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by tiptronic View Post
      KB!!! wish you were in the west coast! spent this morning riding with the A3/Road bike gruppo along Pacific Coast Hiway...
      Its a while away, but perhaps I'll do a road trip over there next year! Car and bike.
      722 pages, 25255 posts, and 1,015,739 views later... R.I.P. LoL Bump thread 03/27/2008 ~ 02/16/2011.
      Link to my build: Audi A3 3.2 VR6 BT
      CleanAudi.com feature

    14. Member mattA3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2010
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      571
      Vehicles
      2007 A3 Premium DSG
      03-15-2012 11:24 PM #139
      Anyone in Florida. Great ride coming up May 6th. 116 mile Lake Okeechobee Loop.
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/318154521575492/
      2007 A3 Premium, DSG, Lava Grey, Votex body kit, BSH PCV, Comp Catch Can, APR Stg1.

    15. Member VWAddict's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 12th, 1999
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      6,566
      Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      03-16-2012 07:06 AM #140
      Matt, I was down for a Lake Okeechobee loop, but I thought it was April 12th or soemthing... -I'll have to take a look.

      Either way, I'm doing the Lake 'O' loop FOR CERTAIN, some time between now and May 7th!
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

    16. Member mattA3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2010
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      571
      Vehicles
      2007 A3 Premium DSG
      03-16-2012 10:23 AM #141
      Loop the Lake for Literacy was a few weeks ago.http://www.loopthelakeforliteracy.org/ I did that. Had fun exept for the head wind. Gusting to 18mph. Funny when you do a circle it seems like your always heading into the wind.
      2007 A3 Premium, DSG, Lava Grey, Votex body kit, BSH PCV, Comp Catch Can, APR Stg1.

    17. Member VWAddict's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 12th, 1999
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      6,566
      Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      03-16-2012 10:27 AM #142
      This is the one I've been looking at:

      https://www.facebook.com/events/175837399161031/
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

    18. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2010
      Location
      Portland, OR
      Posts
      86
      Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T DSG Sport Pkg - Brilliant Red; Giant Propel Advanced SL
      03-16-2012 11:38 AM #143
      It's finally race season again. Got my new bike. 14 lbs of awesome.


      That's me on the left

    19. Member VWAddict's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 12th, 1999
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      6,566
      Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      03-16-2012 11:53 AM #144
      I went out on my OLD Madone last night... -that thing is SO much quicker than my new one.

      New one is about 2lbs heavier than my old SL. -Chubbier and less aero, although for century rides (and longer) it's WAY more comfortable!
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2009
      Location
      Kickin it with MKIM
      Posts
      2,988
      03-16-2012 04:24 PM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by VWAddict View Post
      I went out on my OLD Madone last night... -that thing is SO much quicker than my new one.

      New one is about 2lbs heavier than my old SL. -Chubbier and less aero, although for century rides (and longer) it's WAY more comfortable!
      Madone FTW! Time to lose 2 lbs

    21. Member brungold's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 8th, 2007
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      2,903
      Vehicles
      2008.5 A3 TSI Ibis White 6MT S-line
      03-16-2012 05:26 PM #146
      got my new whip for the season.. cervelo R3SL

      2008.5 A3 | 2.0TSI | 6MT | Ibis White | Ti | OpenSky | Xenon | S-line

      Brungold Build Thread
      SoCal A3s on Facebook

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2002
      Location
      So Cal
      Posts
      699
      Vehicles
      2013 A3 Quatro , 2007 A3..rip-(.
      03-16-2012 07:31 PM #147
      Great thread. I have been cycling for years. Raced many Mtb races. I started in xc racing got into downhilling. Worked my way to the semi pro ranks. Moved on to 24 hour races, 4 man teams. Man I loved the night laps. Some of my night laps were always faster then the day times. A little off the wheels these days but still have my xc bike, freeride bike, and my favorite is a giant carbon road bike. I need to dig up some old racing pictures for kicks and giggles.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2009
      Location
      Kickin it with MKIM
      Posts
      2,988
      03-17-2012 12:07 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by brungold View Post
      got my new whip for the season.. cervelo R3SL

      Gotta post my ride with those awesome wheels. So glad I got those from a great guy and a great company!!!!

    24. Member cldub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2010
      Location
      Stafford VA
      Posts
      2,308
      Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T (sold)
      03-17-2012 10:09 AM #149
      It's about time to break out my mountain bike

    25. Member VWAddict's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 12th, 1999
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      6,566
      Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      03-17-2012 10:41 AM #150
      Did 50 miles before breakfast... Weighed-in after breakfast, five pounds down on the week... Ten pounds from my target weight,.. It'd be REALLY nice to get down there before I do the Lake Okeechobee loop next month!
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

    Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •