Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Headlight Washer Nozzle

1. 03-05-2011 03:52 PM #1
      Hey,

Does anyone know if you can get just the nozzle for a headlight washer for a Phaeton? I do not want to buy a whole new headlight washer assembly and take off the bumper unless that is the only option. Also if anyone have a broken headlight washer assembly...

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 W12 4P Highline; Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0 1985
      04-09-2012 06:38 AM #2
      Jeff,

Having the same issue, the nozzle of my right washer is gone (see arrow in picture). When spraying, the left does pop up but no water comes out. The right just dribbles a lot of washer fluid from the hole where the nozzle is missing.
      Did you find a nozzle (just the nozzle), if so where and did you also have issues with the other side not working???

John

3. 04-12-2012 12:12 PM #3
      Hey John,

I never did find just the top nozzle. I bought a new headlight washer assembly from German ebay, removed the top nozzle and installed it into my existing headlight washer. I was trying to avoid replacing the whole unit, which I believe requires bumper removal. I read somewhere that this issue was a recall in Germany, but I am not sure. Test in an area where you can find the nozzle if it seems to want to pop out again. Hope this helps, Jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkz0IJLU1CE

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '04 V8 Phaeton w/Sonnenbeige interior, '04 S500 4Matic
      04-17-2012 12:38 AM #4
      In case anyone is searching for one of these on ebay.de...it took me 10 minutes to figure out that Scheinwerferwaschanlage or Scheinwerferreinigung was the word for which to search. Part number is 3D0955978B. Scheinwerfer alone did not produce a useful hit.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 W12 4P Highline; Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0 1985
      04-17-2012 05:54 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by planeadam View Post
      In case anyone is searching for one of these on ebay.de...it took me 10 minutes to figure out that Scheinwerferwaschanlage or Scheinwerferreinigung was the word for which to search. Part number is 3D0955978B. Scheinwerfer alone did not produce a useful hit.

This is really amazing, just last night I was looking through 10.00+ items not knowing what the correct search would be. Here it is!
      Thank you!

John