VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Favorite VAG car of all time

48K views 163 replies 125 participants last post by  CK98Beeetle 
#1 ·
car lounge,if you had to pick your number one favorite vag car of all time, what would it be?For me 1997 Mk3 Golf VR6.I have my reasons...so lets see what you guys pick as your fav.

#81 ·
Funny the OP should pick the one they did -- mine, ironically enough, was my 1997 Golf 2.0 Trek manual. It wasn't the fastest, the most luxurious nor the quietest; it didn't handle the best -- however, it was the most entertaining vehicle to drive I've ever owned.

I think there is a lot more skill to drive a vehicle like that at 8/10ths of it's capability than to drive my B6 VR6 at 3/10ths of it's capability -- and it was a lot more rewarding. :cool:

#84 ·
the mkIII might be my least favorite generation(by no means saying it's at all bad, tho!)

i'll just leave these here(forgot the owners name)...

#85 ·
I've owned all my favorite stateside VW's (Corrado SLC, OG MKI Scirocco, MKI rabbit, MKV R)

EXCEPT a MKII GTI 16V in this color, someday

#95 ·
if I can mod it to hell and back a mk1 swallowtail.

if it has to be dead stock. MK2 vwms g60 limited. 210hp awd 4 door mk2 blue line grill and all the options

#97 · (Edited)

i know i'll never have one of those .. a beater 4000 Quattro didn't solve my Audi B2-lust, tho; if I ever run across a clean Coupe GT I'll do anything to get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.