Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 14 of 14

    Thread: Considering MAYBE to get the new Jetta TDI Highline with Nav

    1. 03-08-2011 02:26 AM #1
      I was wondering (and I didn't even know what to search for) if anyone's replaced the day-time yellowish running light things with something white? or LED? How does that look?

      I'm going to be going from a 335D to this so I'm loosing a lot of power but oh well

      I've always loved VW and had a 2006 Jetta and I can't drive anything non-diesel any more...

      Oh and how is the 6 speed on the new TDI?

      Thanks in advance and don't hate cuz I can't search

    2. 03-10-2011 04:27 PM #2
      bumping allowed?

    3. Junior Member cobraman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 25th, 2008
      Location
      Nashville
      Posts
      41
      Vehicles
      2010 White GTI 6spd and 2011 Black Jetta TDI DSG
      03-10-2011 05:27 PM #3
      Why are you letting go of the 335? I've always liked that car and wondered how it drives with that superb diesel power.

      Can't speak for the lights as I've only had my '11 tdi 10 days but it drives great. I got the 6spd dsg and its a slick piece of engineering but are you asking about the 6spd man?

      I have the manual in my gti and I can't stand the notchiness of the gearbox and close ratios. It's very hesitant shifting in the cold so I'm favoring the dsg in our diesel big time.

      Good luck --- I say go for it!

    4. Member Mo_Focus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2005
      Posts
      796
      Vehicles
      2010 Golf Highline TDI DSG, 2011 Jetta Highline TDI
      03-10-2011 06:16 PM #4
      SOmeone here did change the DRL's to LED's but i dont think they were really bright. I'm looking for something in LED range as well, but waiting to see what options are out there.

      As for the 6spd, its really good. I have a 2010 DSG and 2011 6spd. I prefer the 6spd. Wife needs dsg.

      overall its a great car and not cheaper then what it was last year
      10 VW Golf Highline DSG TDI- wife's , 11 VW Jetta Highline 6spd TDI mine!

    5. 03-11-2011 04:19 PM #5
      Mo_Focus:

      The 6 speed you have is TDI?
      On some interiors why is it that I see 5 inch screens and on others 7 inch? Mine is Canadian does that mean I get an extra 2 inches? (5.02cm)

      cobraman:

      I'm getting rid of the 335 because I'm leasing and driving it for 1.5 years I put almost 70,000km...I don't want to go over my limit.. + The Jetta will have even better fuel efficiency.. I'll miss the 425ft-lbs of torque

      Also I'll really miss the white xenon lights...unavailable for Jetta and I'll miss auto-climate control...and free oil changes....and rear wheel drive...

    6. Member romanl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2nd, 2010
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      2,385
      Vehicles
      '10 GOLF TDI
      03-11-2011 04:24 PM #6
      i have GOLF TDI'10 6MT
      i love it, its funny but i notices that if i try to go trhough gears fast by forcing them, it feels a little notchy as somone mentioned, all you have to do is eas up a bit and its really smooth,
      2to3 3to4 most of the time i use 2 fingers to give it a little push and it slidles right in
      im very happy with the 6MT, i only test drove DSG but i remember it was engine breaking as soon as i let my foot of the pedal on any even slight downhill,
      its a cool feature but would annoy me too much

    7. 03-11-2011 04:36 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by romanl View Post
      i have GOLF TDI'10 6MT
      i love it, its funny but i notices that if i try to go trhough gears fast by forcing them, it feels a little notchy as somone mentioned, all you have to do is eas up a bit and its really smooth,
      2to3 3to4 most of the time i use 2 fingers to give it a little push and it slidles right in
      im very happy with the 6MT, i only test drove DSG but i remember it was engine breaking as soon as i let my foot of the pedal on any even slight downhill,
      its a cool feature but would annoy me too much

      Personally I love engine breaking in diesels....you save so much on your break-pads and rotors. I have almost 70,000km on my 335D and still havn't done the breaks...Back pads need changing.

    8. Member romanl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2nd, 2010
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      2,385
      Vehicles
      '10 GOLF TDI
      03-11-2011 05:17 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by kurolap View Post
      Personally I love engine breaking in diesels....you save so much on your break-pads and rotors. I have almost 70,000km on my 335D and still havn't done the breaks...Back pads need changing.
      i like engine breaking as well, and i i do it with my car to slow it down.
      but lets say you cruise up to the mountains for something and then on the way down i just take my foot of the gas pedal and cruise down in 6th gear *(or lower to keep speed down) and i use 0 fuel. with DSG it felt like it will auto-engine brake for you,
      who knows, i only had the car for like 15 min for the test drive. any DSG owner in here?
      on long straight downhills if you take your foot of the pedal will it automatically engine break?

    9. 03-11-2011 05:21 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by romanl View Post
      i like engine breaking as well, and i i do it with my car to slow it down.
      but lets say you cruise up to the mountains for something and then on the way down i just take my foot of the gas pedal and cruise down in 6th gear *(or lower to keep speed down) and i use 0 fuel. with DSG it felt like it will auto-engine brake for you,
      who knows, i only had the car for like 15 min for the test drive. any DSG owner in here?
      on long straight downhills if you take your foot of the pedal will it automatically engine break?
      With regular automatics when the car coasts is it almost like it's in neutral? Using a little bit of fuel to keep the engine running?

      I would just put it in Neutral downhill and even if I put it in 6th it would probably keep the speed around the same depending on the angle of the hill

    10. Member Mo_Focus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2005
      Posts
      796
      Vehicles
      2010 Golf Highline TDI DSG, 2011 Jetta Highline TDI
      03-13-2011 03:33 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by kurolap View Post
      Mo_Focus:

      The 6 speed you have is TDI?
      On some interiors why is it that I see 5 inch screens and on others 7 inch? Mine is Canadian does that mean I get an extra 2 inches? (5.02cm)

      cobraman:

      I'm getting rid of the 335 because I'm leasing and driving it for 1.5 years I put almost 70,000km...I don't want to go over my limit.. + The Jetta will have even better fuel efficiency.. I'll miss the 425ft-lbs of torque

      Also I'll really miss the white xenon lights...unavailable for Jetta and I'll miss auto-climate control...and free oil changes....and rear wheel drive...

      There are bunch of radio's available for the Jetta. NAV is the RCD-315 and its got the smaller touch screen. Then you have 7" touch screen(forgot the modelnumbe) it has everyting but no NAV.
      10 VW Golf Highline DSG TDI- wife's , 11 VW Jetta Highline 6spd TDI mine!

    11. 03-18-2011 12:03 PM #11
      aaah I want 7 inch screen with NAV

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2010
      Posts
      577
      Vehicles
      2010 Golf Wagon TDI
      03-18-2011 04:13 PM #12
      You'll have to find an RNS-510 to put in.

      They aren't cheap.

    13. Junior Member D-UberCars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 27th, 2010
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      36
      03-18-2011 04:35 PM #13
      Have a 2010 Cup Edition TDi with DSG. Seems VW has done a good job of calibrating the TQ/Power characteristics to the DSG. Since this is a daily mostly for work, needed the auto. Love the mileage as fuel prices continue to raise.
      Fun car is a manual 6Speed.
      '07 GT3 RS: Green Fun
      '10 Jetta TDi Cup Edition: Daily Green

    14. 03-20-2011 11:02 AM #14
      What's your average fuel economy?

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •