Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Need owners opinion on 2011 jetta

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta, 2007 Jetta
      03-10-2011 01:17 PM #1
      How is the Air Conditioning system. I just sold my 2007 and it was terrible. It took blocks for it to get cold and then never really got that cold. the fan speed was horrible number 3 setting was weak and then number 4 was to strong and very loud. I drove several jetta V they were all like this.

How is the 2011. Is the air cold right away and are the fan speeds ok?

Vehicles
      2013 Passat CC Sport
      03-10-2011 03:25 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by ric7744 View Post
      How is the Air Conditioning system. I just sold my 2007 and it was terrible. It took blocks for it to get cold and then never really got that cold. the fan speed was horrible number 3 setting was weak and then number 4 was to strong and very loud. I drove several jetta V they were all like this.

How is the 2011. Is the air cold right away and are the fan speeds ok?
      There are four levels of fan speed in this car. I haven't used the fourth yet but its spring time in Texas. My car is cool within about 2 minutes.

I have turned it to the fourth level just to see what its like and it is fairly loud.
      2013 Passat CC Sport | 6-Speed DSG | CW on Desert Beige / Black | Sport | Lighting Package

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta, 2007 Jetta
      03-10-2011 04:17 PM #3
      is there a huge difference between 3 and 4 and does the 11 blow hot air for the first couple minutes that is what the 07 does and I don't want that again

Vehicles
      '08 Jetta SE
      03-10-2011 06:21 PM #4
      is there a huge difference between 3 and 4 and does the 11 blow hot air for the first couple minutes that is what the 07 does and I don't want that again
      Quote Originally Posted by mkIVfreak View Post
      Shepard needs moar low

Vehicles
      2013 Passat CC Sport
      03-10-2011 06:58 PM #5
      There is a huge difference in the noise and the amount of air that is blown. But its been like 80 degrees here in texas over the past month or so. I think summer time will be a good borometer for your question. But currently the cabin does cool down pretty easily. Same can be said about the heater when cold.

Seat warmers work pretty quick as well.

You should go to a dealer and check it out.

Hope this helps.
      2013 Passat CC Sport | 6-Speed DSG | CW on Desert Beige / Black | Sport | Lighting Package