Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senna movie trailer

1. Member
      08-15-2011 08:12 PM #36
      Good to hear, I plan on going one night this week. Doubt any F1 cars will still be out though.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      08-19-2011 09:40 AM #37
      My son and I are heading to Philly to catch the 1:10 show this afternoon. I will report back.
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

3. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      08-19-2011 03:22 PM #38
      Got tickets for this evenings show in Chicago at 7pm.....
      Gonna be good, since i didn't really watch F1 back then.....
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      08-19-2011 05:33 PM #39
      Excellent movie! Actually learned some things that I didn't know. Very, VERY cool!
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Mazda CX-9 Zoom zoom
      08-19-2011 05:34 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      Got tickets for this evenings show in Chicago at 7pm.....
      Gonna be good, since i didn't really watch F1 back then.....
      enjoy!

6. 08-20-2011 12:34 AM #41
      Just got back from the 9:30 show in Philly. It was truly well done... Enjoyed ever second of it. My wife, who is not at all an F1 fan, also really enjoyed it.

I really liked Senna's response to the question posed to him at the end of the film as to who his favorite driver was to race against.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      08-20-2011 09:30 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by spooled-up View Post

I really liked Senna's response to the question posed to him at the end of the film as to who his favorite driver was to race against.
      Sorta surprising, huh?

I agree, what an incredible movie/ story. I didn't know about the controversial finishes in '90 or '91.
      I'm still blown away by the magnitude of this movie.
      It was so well told by the director.
      It was really interesting to see his body language during the Imola weekend. As if the spirit that always seemed to ride with him was not in him. Spooky.

Makes me wanna go back and watch/ read more about those times in F1!!!

So glad that i made the trip to Chicago and back to see it (2 1/2 hours each way!)

Was so cool to sit in that packed theater with all F1 fans....

8. Member
      Vehicles
      08-21-2011 12:46 AM #43

Vehicles
      1977 Scirocco, Protege 5, Mobylette
      09-06-2011 05:45 PM #44
      I just got back from watching the matinee here in Baltimore. It opened during the Grand Prix weekend - pretty cool, although I didn't realize it was here until this morning

I loved it of course, but I expected... something different? It wasn't exactly a love-letter to Ayrton. It really showed him as the way he was (or perhaps, the filmmakers were good at showing him as somewhat one-sided). Determined, single-minded, human and - a surprise for me - somebody who also seemed wracked with self-doubt. In almost none of the scenes could he been seen as somebody having fun in life. Even in the the scenes in the boat relaxing with his family, on the beach - he seemed self-consumed all the time. They don't hide his dark side in this film. They really seem to accentuate it. Or, he was dark all the time? He knocks Prost out on the first lap in Japan 91 - a famous and dangerous stunt he later admitted too doing on purpose - and you can see it all over his face: "I probably should have raced him straight out and won this title fair and square... but I chose revenge and the dark side. I have to live with that now".

I feel like there is so much more to each little episode (and in many cases I know that there is), but it isn't told in this film.

All that said, this is a must-see for racing fans.

10. Member
      09-06-2011 10:08 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by MickR View Post
      I feel like there is so much more to each little episode (and in many cases I know that there is), but it isn't told in this film.
      I'm hoping that there is more to each little episode in the uncut version...which is something like 2h 44m.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      09-07-2011 10:35 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by MickR View Post
      I just got back from watching the matinee here in Baltimore. It opened during the Grand Prix weekend - pretty cool, although I didn't realize it was here until this morning

I loved it of course, but I expected... something different? It wasn't exactly a love-letter to Ayrton. It really showed him as the way he was (or perhaps, the filmmakers were good at showing him as somewhat one-sided). Determined, single-minded, human and - a surprise for me - somebody who also seemed wracked with self-doubt. In almost none of the scenes could he been seen as somebody having fun in life. Even in the the scenes in the boat relaxing with his family, on the beach - he seemed self-consumed all the time. They don't hide his dark side in this film. They really seem to accentuate it. Or, he was dark all the time? He knocks Prost out on the first lap in Japan 91 - a famous and dangerous stunt he later admitted too doing on purpose - and you can see it all over his face: "I probably should have raced him straight out and won this title fair and square... but I chose revenge and the dark side. I have to live with that now".

All that said, this is a must-see for racing fans.
      What i found interesting is his struggles with the politics in F1. Prost and Balestre buddy, buddies; the way the pole position got switched before that race. Some people like Prost could maneuvre well inside F1, others like Senna were different animals. Difficulty playing the game.
      I can relate to that well. Really liked the movie.
      Currently reading Sid Watkins' book.

12. 07-30-2012 02:25 PM #47
      Finally caught this movie (2x, actually), and it was probably the hardest thing to watch... It was dark, and completely sullen how he spoke of his future. I found myself choked up more than once...over a race driver flick...

I miss that man.... Senna will always be the best....even with such a short enigmatic career

Fantastic documentary....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12