Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 1683

    Thread: Offical: Detroit Tigers Thread

    1. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Virginia Beach
      Posts
      4,892
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta
      10-05-2011 07:39 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by DriveVW4Life View Post
      I have the least beef with Avila of all players. He's been one hell of an ironman for us this year behind the plate. Would I like to see him get on base- absolutely. Overall though, as long as he plays solid defense and helps the pitcher command the game like he has been all year, I'm cool.
      Jackson- like you said- definitely needs to make an imprint on Thursday as well as VMart. Sure he went yard yesterday, but up to that point he's been cold all series.
      In the big picture, everything relies on Fister tomorrow. If he pitches lights out, then we have an excellent chances at taking the series. If he gives up 4-5 runs, I fear the Tigers run is over.
      Im pretty nervous about facing Nova again he looked unhitable...but Fister for that matter has been pitching lights out at the end of the year....i would like to see Fister start and have Verlander come in for a couple relief innings

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2000
      Posts
      14,992
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      10-06-2011 08:43 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam@CheckeredFlagVW View Post
      Im pretty nervous about facing Nova again he looked unhitable...but Fister for that matter has been pitching lights out at the end of the year....i would like to see Fister start and have Verlander come in for a couple relief innings
      Fister didnt last 5 innings and gave up 6. And at times looked nervous [that balk looked like nerves]. Not sure that gets better in an elimination game at Yankee stadium.

      Having said that you nevr know how the Rookie [Nova] will handle the pressure either. CC will be in the pen. Not sure if thats good or bad.

      Is it 830 yet

    3. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Virginia Beach
      Posts
      4,892
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta
      10-06-2011 09:56 AM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by g60rabbit View Post
      Is it 830 yet
      I have way less nerves anout this game I totally expect to be killed....Game four was ours to lose and we did just that

    4. Forum Sponsor pete@blackforest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2011
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      7,250
      Vehicles
      VW/Audi/BMW
      10-06-2011 11:25 AM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by g60rabbit View Post
      Fister didnt last 5 innings and gave up 6. And at times looked nervous [that balk looked like nerves]. Not sure that gets better in an elimination game at Yankee stadium. ...
      Every player has a bad game, whether it be Fister's performance during his first outing, or the big NY bats that were silenced in Detroit.
      Keep in mind, Fister went 7-1 after we acquired him from Seattle. Those wins were pretty decisive too. He was shutting opposing lineups down.
      Fister needs to control his adrenaline and slow down the game. If he does that and trusts his stuff, he'll have an excellent outing. Just execute.


      Quote Originally Posted by Adam@CheckeredFlagVW View Post
      I have way less nerves anout this game I totally expect to be killed....Game four was ours to lose and we did just that
      Adam,

      Come on, dude. The Tigers have proven themselves all year! I'm not afraid of the Yankees- it's anyone's game.
      Nova could come out and choke. Fister could throw 8 shutout innings. Just the opposite could happen too. Like I said, it's anyone's game.
      Last edited by pete@blackforest; 10-06-2011 at 11:45 AM.
      Pete D.
      BLACK FOREST INDUSTRIES
      pete@blackforestindustries.com
      phone: 919.468.5400
      instagram:@blackforestindustries

    5. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Virginia Beach
      Posts
      4,892
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta
      10-06-2011 12:08 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@blackforest View Post
      Adam,

      Come on, dude. The Tigers have proven themselves all year! I'm not afraid of the Yankees- it's anyone's game.
      Nova could come out and choke. Fister could throw 8 shutout innings. Just the opposite could happen too. Like I said, it's anyone's game.
      I hope your right, but the other nights game when our bats went cold scares me

    6. Forum Sponsor pete@blackforest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2011
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      7,250
      Vehicles
      VW/Audi/BMW
      10-06-2011 12:13 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam@CheckeredFlagVW View Post
      I hope your right, but the other nights game when our bats went cold scares me
      AJ got on track after the first inning, that's why.
      He has great stuff, but consistency has been his problem.
      Tuesday he found it and pitched a great game.
      Pete D.
      BLACK FOREST INDUSTRIES
      pete@blackforestindustries.com
      phone: 919.468.5400
      instagram:@blackforestindustries

    7. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Virginia Beach
      Posts
      4,892
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta
      10-06-2011 12:19 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@blackforest View Post
      AJ got on track after the first inning, that's why.
      He has great stuff, but consistency has been his problem.
      Tuesday he found it and pitched a great game.
      word....Fister sure has the stuff to shut them down I hope he brings it, I wonder who the tigers will trot out there if he gets into trouble early??

    8. Forum Sponsor pete@blackforest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2011
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      7,250
      Vehicles
      VW/Audi/BMW
      10-06-2011 12:26 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam@CheckeredFlagVW View Post
      word....Fister sure has the stuff to shut them down I hope he brings it, I wonder who the tigers will trot out there if he gets into trouble early??
      Well, Albuquerque has really struggled for us in these playoffs. Nerves must be getting the better of him.
      I would imagine Coke is our guy early if Fister gets into trouble. Maybe Perry, but Coke has better stuff.
      Lets just hope the Skipper doesn't have to make that decision.
      Pete D.
      BLACK FOREST INDUSTRIES
      pete@blackforestindustries.com
      phone: 919.468.5400
      instagram:@blackforestindustries

    9. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Virginia Beach
      Posts
      4,892
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta
      10-06-2011 12:59 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@blackforest View Post
      Well, Albuquerque has really struggled for us in these playoffs. Nerves must be getting the better of him.
      I would imagine Coke is our guy early if Fister gets into trouble. Maybe Perry, but Coke has better stuff.
      Lets just hope the Skipper doesn't have to make that decision.
      I wonder if he will pull max or jv off the bench??....I really like what coke has been doing....he was garbage in the middle of the year


      Sent from my iPhone....Go Blue

    10. Forum Sponsor pete@blackforest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2011
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      7,250
      Vehicles
      VW/Audi/BMW
      10-06-2011 01:12 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam@CheckeredFlagVW View Post
      I wonder if he will pull max or jv off the bench??....I really like what coke has been doing....he was garbage in the middle of the year


      Sent from my iPhone....Go Blue
      Based on what the Skipper has been saying, JV is off limits. I don't blame him either. You don't want to risk his arm.
      That being said, I don't see why Max is off limits. I would bet Max will have his cleats on tonight in the event we need him.
      Pete D.
      BLACK FOREST INDUSTRIES
      pete@blackforestindustries.com
      phone: 919.468.5400
      instagram:@blackforestindustries

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2000
      Posts
      14,992
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      10-06-2011 01:20 PM #111
      I think we can all agree that if either team has to put another starter in the game on short rest that team is in big trouble already.

    12. Forum Sponsor pete@blackforest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2011
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      7,250
      Vehicles
      VW/Audi/BMW
      10-06-2011 01:29 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by g60rabbit View Post
      I think we can all agree that if either team has to put another starter in the game on short rest that team is in big trouble already.
      Oh absolutely.
      I'm rooting for the Tigers through and through, but I would love to see a nail biter like the game on Monday.
      Great pitching on both sides and a late game hero to march onto the ALCS!
      Blow outs are entertaining, but the suspense of a close game are the games you remember.
      Pete D.
      BLACK FOREST INDUSTRIES
      pete@blackforestindustries.com
      phone: 919.468.5400
      instagram:@blackforestindustries

    13. Senior Member beng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 13th, 2002
      Location
      NutVegas, NJ
      Posts
      30,223
      Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      10-06-2011 02:42 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by g60rabbit View Post
      I think we can all agree that if either team has to put another starter in the game on short rest that team is in big trouble already.
      Or its the 12th inning
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

      "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

    14. Senior Member beng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 13th, 2002
      Location
      NutVegas, NJ
      Posts
      30,223
      Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      10-06-2011 02:52 PM #114
      Just read that Don Kelly will start at 3rd and bat second?
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

      "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2000
      Posts
      14,992
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      10-06-2011 02:56 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by beng View Post
      Or its the 12th inning
      ohhh. So thats good right? So by the time its the 12th inning it will be Friday right? So CC will actually have another days rest [looks in 95vr6gti direction]

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2000
      Posts
      14,992
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      10-06-2011 02:57 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by beng View Post
      Just read that Don Kelly will start at 3rd and bat second?
      With Magglio in right

    17. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Virginia Beach
      Posts
      4,892
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta
      10-06-2011 03:05 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by beng View Post
      Just read that Don Kelly will start at 3rd and bat second?
      yeah he did it a couple times this year....he has right field power

    18. Forum Sponsor pete@blackforest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2011
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      7,250
      Vehicles
      VW/Audi/BMW
      10-06-2011 03:49 PM #118
      I've got nothing bad to say about DK starting at 3rd and batting second (hitting .429 in the series with 7 at-bats).
      Inge might be a hometown favorite and he put the bat on the ball a couple of times for us early in the series, but I'd rather have Kelly batting left in the lineup against Nova (who is right handed).
      Besides, NY will have a lot of pull hitters batting from the left side of the plate, which negates the argument that Inge plays better defense then Kelly.
      Not a bad move in my opinion.
      Pete D.
      BLACK FOREST INDUSTRIES
      pete@blackforestindustries.com
      phone: 919.468.5400
      instagram:@blackforestindustries

    19. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Virginia Beach
      Posts
      4,892
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta
      10-06-2011 08:11 PM #119
      Back to back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      What a start

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2001
      Posts
      4,774
      Vehicles
      Fahrvergnügen
      10-06-2011 08:20 PM #120
      Who was worried about DK batting in the two spot?

    21. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Virginia Beach
      Posts
      4,892
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta
      10-06-2011 08:23 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by DriveVW4Life View Post
      Who was worried about DK batting in the two spot?
      not me i know that...he was great for us all year

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2001
      Posts
      4,774
      Vehicles
      Fahrvergnügen
      10-06-2011 11:35 PM #122
      Top of the ninth.. Rivera is a G. Respect.
      Awesome game thus far. Let's see if the Yankees have any life left in them. Bottom of the ninth..

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2000
      Posts
      14,992
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      10-06-2011 11:44 PM #123
      Congrats guys

    24. Member MotownSVT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2002
      Location
      Detroit REAdy+ROK City
      Posts
      8,818
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fusion w/ 3 pedals, 2014 Ford Escape... driven at/or beyond their limits
      10-06-2011 11:44 PM #124
      Holy s**t...
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV1
      Scene points are kind of like bitcoins... They really carry no value outside of the internet.

    25. Member guppy3488's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 8th, 2008
      Location
      Bellevue, MI
      Posts
      1,486
      Vehicles
      2001 225q
      10-06-2011 11:48 PM #125
      Verlander game one!
      Tigers
      Red Wings

    Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •