VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Mk2 Picture Challenge Thread

65K views 509 replies 122 participants last post by  The_Hamster 
#1 · (Edited)
Saw this on a Bimmer site. It was pretty cool, and got really creative.

Post up a picture of a Mk2 (preferably yours) that meets the challenge criteria. If you post up the pic, choose a new challenge.

Rules:
Challenge photo must be taken AFTER the challenge is issued.

One you complete a challenge, you must post a picture with a new, and original challenge, nothing too outlandish, or obscure.

While being creative, the new challenge must be generic. This is an international "event", so it needs to be accessible to everyone. Ex: Picture of car in front of monument. NOT picture of car in front of Washington monument.

Any car may be used for the sake of keeping the game moving. Mk2s are encouraged.

This is meant to be somewhat fast paced, so quality of photos isn't really important. However, they must be discernible.

Also, it doesn't matter if you have a super slammed, shaved, show car, or a daily beater, post up those pics. No one is/should be judging your car in this thread, just having fun with the challenges.

Make it work?

1st Challenge: Mk2 next to a farm animal.[/QUOTE]

PS: I've seen similar things done at large G2Gs. A list of photo ops is given, and everyone must turn in an SD card with all the pictures taken on it by a certain time, sort of like a big scavenger hunt. The person who gets all the photo ops the best, first wins.

See less See more
#43 · (Edited)
I've seen a few Fails in here already.

Please read how it works. One picture taken before the challenge was posted (fail, must be taken after), and challenges with no example pictures (Fail, You have to take a picture first of the challenge, then others take similar picture to yours). Also a specific racetrack like "the ring" is not acceptable, however 'race track' is acceptable as anyone can go find a local track.

Normally the way this works (often done on motorcycle boards) is you must take the picture AFTER the challenge is issued and it must be of your vehicle. (doesn't have to be your mk2, but a car you own or are riding in).

So if the first person says "your car with a firetruck", you need to go out and take a picture with your car and a firetruck in the picture. Then you take a picture of your car with something else, and post that up as the example for the next challenge!

Again, the picture must be taken after the challenge is issued, not an old picture from last week or 5 years ago that happens to meet the criteria.

Nothing illegal and please try to keep it to stuff that anybody can find. Also can't be a specific thing, has to be a general thing. Anybody can find a fire truck, but not Chicago FD truck #45, just a fire truck.
Here is an example of how it is best done:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=157775&page=11

#45 · (Edited)
I am not sure. As far as I can tell we are still on 'picture of a boat' because nobody has posted a picture of a boat that meets the rules.

This needs to be thought of more as an ongoing physical race than a picture thread. You are racing everyone else to get your picture taken and posted that meets the example picture of the previous person. It's not a contest to see who has the most old pictures of their cars with certain things in the background.

#46 · (Edited)
Just go from where we are, and get this going. It's the very beginning so people are bound to make mistakes until we all figure it out. Someone go take a picture of their car with a boat, then go from there. No biggie. Let's get it going! :thumbup:

I'm really glad this has gotten such a positive response. Thanks The Hamster for the help with the rules, and getting everyone on the same page.

#47 ·
Just go from where we are, and get this going. It's the very beginning so people are bound to make mistakes until we all figure it out. Someone go take a picture of their car with a boat, then go from there. No biggie. Let's get it going! :thumbup:
I vote hammy delete all the posts up to a boat Hopefully I can get my boat pic in before tomorrow :laugh:

#49 ·
It would be nice to just move on from here. I think I did it right with the picture of the farm animal meeting the first challenge then posting boat for challenge two. Its nice to see people jumping on this but Hamster is right the way its been done after that is a little off.

I vote someone takes a pic with a boat/boats then takes a picture to set the next challenge. Either that or use the last challenge which is your car next to a brewery and go from there the proper way!

#57 ·
the next challenge is your car at a tattoo shop. good luck.

Too easy, I have 6 within 2 miles :p

Next to a BBQ shop, extra points if they have a pig :thumbup:

#64 ·
next challenge.. your mk2 next to a giant piece of yellow machinery
My car could've fit in the bucket if it were a hair bigger...

Next, because I want to get more people into this a jersey wall :rolleyes:

#60 ·
It only counts if you mail me some ribs :laugh:

Sucks you didn't post a few minutes ago, I saw a yellow dozer on the way home in a well lit parking lot. I like that you actually made your pics look good, my personal goal for these challenges is too get the cooler versions of things out there. I was aiming to park next to a dry docked yacht I knew about for the boat pic lol

#83 ·
pretty much.

something as simple as..

- MUST HAVE A MKII in the picture
- picture must be photo-dated AFTER the previous challenge is issued
- current challenge MUST be met before a new one is posted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.