Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Results 126 to 150 of 163

    Thread: Installed *OEM* LED license plate lights today

    1. 08-05-2011 08:00 AM #126
      Anyone have an idea of what must happen to the purple tabs on the male connector side? On the female side you simply slide the tab out, but on the male one the purple tab is preventing the two connectors from meeting

      *Edit*

      Read the DIY again and found the link on the purple connectors...so simple yet so frustrating if you dont know what to do, thanks to OP vir great DIY
      Last edited by racingfreak; 08-05-2011 at 08:08 AM.

    2. Member phatz314's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2011
      Location
      SF bay area
      Posts
      1,533
      Vehicles
      2011 Golf TDI
      08-06-2011 01:52 AM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak View Post
      Anyone have an idea of what must happen to the purple tabs on the male connector side? On the female side you simply slide the tab out, but on the male one the purple tab is preventing the two connectors from meeting

      *Edit*

      Read the DIY again and found the link on the purple connectors...so simple yet so frustrating if you dont know what to do, thanks to OP vir great DIY
      Thanks! yes I too struggled with those stupid purple tabs which is why I emphasized this in the DIY. Glad it was helpful for you

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2010
      Location
      201 - Jersey
      Posts
      1,940
      Vehicles
      Shadow Blue GTI
      08-08-2011 05:42 PM #128
      nice, im going to wait for oemplus to have theres back in stock

    4. Member CasbahBoy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2006
      Location
      Lakewood, OH
      Posts
      440
      Vehicles
      Current: '12 R. Gone but not forgotten: '01 Jetta Wolfie 1.8T, '11 Golf TDI.
      08-31-2011 11:32 AM #129
      I don't know if anyone has noticed, but kufatec.de has some OEM LED plate adapter cables up for sale now. Not available on their .com site yet.

      http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...ight---VW.html
      VW OEM [LED tails, euro cupholder, hatch sill, glovebox handle], Unitronic intake, HPA [manifold, downpipe, tune, comp controller, 75A mount], HS Tuning RSR clutch, GFB DV+, Dieselgeek short-shifter, TyrolSport [front subframe collars, shift bracket bushings], USMillWorks plate mount, and deAutoKey LED signals.

    5. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,866
      Vehicles
      15 S3 / 13 Golf R / 04 R32
      08-31-2011 11:34 AM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by CasbahBoy View Post
      I don't know if anyone has noticed, but kufatec.de has some OEM LED plate adapter cables up for sale now. Not available on their .com site yet.

      http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...ight---VW.html
      '85 Golf (SOLD) - '91 Jetta GL (SOLD) - '97 Jetta Trek (SOLD) - '99 Jetta Wolfsburg (SOLD) - '02 GTI 337 (SOLD) - '04 R32 (SOLD) - '04 R32 - '10 GTI Autobahn (SOLD) - '12 Golf R (SOLD) - '13 Tiguan SEL (SOLD) - '13 Golf R - '15 GTI Autobahn (SOLD) - '15 Tiguan R-Line (SOLD) - '15 S3

    6. Member quailallstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2001
      Location
      Aus Liebe zum Automobil
      Posts
      8,373
      Vehicles
      @LuvGermanCars
      08-31-2011 11:42 AM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by CasbahBoy View Post
      I don't know if anyone has noticed, but kufatec.de has some OEM LED plate adapter cables up for sale now. Not available on their .com site yet.

      http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...ight---VW.html
      Looks identical to the home made version with resistors built in. I don't blame em' for wanting to make a buck or two off Dub-heads wanting to trick out their Über rides
      2Ø11 Candy-Weiß Golf 6 2,0 6-Gang DPF TDI BLUEMOTION Technologies™ Highline 4-Türen ▀ 2Ø11 Tornadorot Jetta 6 2,5 Highline 4-TürenØ8 Deep Blau Perleffekt Golf 5 .:R32 3,2 DSG 4-MOTION™ 3-Türen ▀ Ø8 Tornadorot Passat 3C Variant Highline 2,0 TFSIØ6 Tornadorot Golf 5 GTI 2,0 DSG TFSI 3-TürenØ2 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline 1,8T 4-Türen

    7. Member CasbahBoy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2006
      Location
      Lakewood, OH
      Posts
      440
      Vehicles
      Current: '12 R. Gone but not forgotten: '01 Jetta Wolfie 1.8T, '11 Golf TDI.
      08-31-2011 11:49 AM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      If anyone needs a single light Johnny has one for sale in dis thread right here!

      Quote Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
      Looks identical to the home made version with resistors built in. I don't blame em' for wanting to make a buck or two off Dub-heads wanting to trick out their Über rides
      It has been said a million times but I need to say that your build thread is the one to end all build threads. You've created quite the resource - thank you.
      Last edited by CasbahBoy; 08-31-2011 at 11:52 AM.
      VW OEM [LED tails, euro cupholder, hatch sill, glovebox handle], Unitronic intake, HPA [manifold, downpipe, tune, comp controller, 75A mount], HS Tuning RSR clutch, GFB DV+, Dieselgeek short-shifter, TyrolSport [front subframe collars, shift bracket bushings], USMillWorks plate mount, and deAutoKey LED signals.

    8. 11-28-2011 04:14 PM #133
      My version





      Hi, this is my version of this adapter, mounted between the chassis and the bumper where he connector.

    9. Member phatz314's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2011
      Location
      SF bay area
      Posts
      1,533
      Vehicles
      2011 Golf TDI
      11-28-2011 07:22 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by dules View Post
      My version





      Hi, this is my version of this adapter, mounted between the chassis and the bumper where he connector.
      Clean

      What resistance/wattage rating did you use? Do they get warm?

      Edit: I'm not totally sure what you did actually. It it looks clean though. What are the blue things, they dont look like resistors but it's hard to tell on my iPhone
      Last edited by phatz314; 11-28-2011 at 07:26 PM.

    10. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,660
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      11-29-2011 09:50 PM #135
      The blue rubber pieces are just seals for the plugs.

    11. n00b
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2011
      Location
      Antibes (F)
      Posts
      2
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      12-26-2011 08:11 AM #136
      hey guys, what do you think of these led bulbs?
      http://www.hypercolor.de/products/Ke...en-Golf-6.html

      they're supposed to be error free (proven according to some users) and doesn't have huge resistors as you need to avoid errors with the oem leds.
      How could it be possible?
      If someone could identify the component to avoid the error included within those bulbs it'd be interesting to use it instead of the huge resistors

    12. 02-23-2012 07:31 PM #137
      I ordered the harness from Kufatec USA
      http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/produc...ight---VW.html

      and the two OEM plate lights
      http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/produc...iginal-VW.html

      Install took 2 minutes, no error codes.

    13. Member phatz314's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2011
      Location
      SF bay area
      Posts
      1,533
      Vehicles
      2011 Golf TDI
      02-23-2012 09:01 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by el_zorro View Post
      I ordered the harness from Kufatec USA
      http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/produc...ight---VW.html

      and the two OEM plate lights
      http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/produc...iginal-VW.html

      Install took 2 minutes, no error codes.
      Curious how hot these get. I was concerned about heat buildup. Sometime after you've been driving for a while at night, pop one out and feel it with your hand.

    14. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,660
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      02-23-2012 09:07 PM #139
      I have yet to see one in person, I wonder how they look

    15. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,331
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI l Bagged 2010 GTI (Totaled) l 2007 GLI (Sold)
      02-23-2012 09:08 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by phatz314 View Post
      Sometime after you've been driving for a while at night, pop one out and feel it with your hand.
      that's what she....

      nevermind.

    16. Member Squirrel Nuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2010
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      19,331
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI l Bagged 2010 GTI (Totaled) l 2007 GLI (Sold)
      02-23-2012 09:08 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
      I have yet to see one in person, I wonder how they look
      like love.

    17. Member phatz314's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2011
      Location
      SF bay area
      Posts
      1,533
      Vehicles
      2011 Golf TDI
      02-24-2012 01:32 AM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Nuts View Post
      that's what she....

      nevermind.
      awwwwwww man

      yep

    18. Member phatz314's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2011
      Location
      SF bay area
      Posts
      1,533
      Vehicles
      2011 Golf TDI
      02-24-2012 12:59 PM #143
      /\/\/\
      No OEM, no care

      That resistor setup is the right way to go though

    19. Banned BetaOp9's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2006
      Posts
      5,409
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 [TR #2392]
      02-24-2012 06:32 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by phatz314 View Post
      /\/\/\
      No OEM, no care

      That resistor setup is the right way to go though

      Others might not feel the same way! Just offering up something for people who aren't as savvy with a soldering iron and electronics.

      The write up is great, and I'm not trying to take away from that. Excellent work with the detail. So many people don't take the time to dig into the details.

      --
      Shawn
      Last edited by BetaOp9; 02-24-2012 at 06:45 PM.

    20. Member KOWCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2012
      Location
      SE MICH
      Posts
      2,966
      Vehicles
      2012 CW CC LUX LTD DSG
      05-09-2012 12:34 AM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
      OK glad you already contacted Dana about this. Need to read all the postings over on motor-talk.de again to refresh my memory. What I recall is that MY2012 Golf models have Byte 17/bit 7 as modifiable and it might just be a matter of VCDS software being updated to reflect this in the coding dialog screen.

      FYI: Look what came from Germany this morning Built 15th week of 2011





      Hi, i know there are different variations of these STOCK LED's. Some part numbers end with B as your does and some end with C. I have a 2012 CC, with the Hi-line CECM. DO you know what part number will work for me and NOT cause the bulb out errors i keep getting. Your help is truly appreciated...i have been battling this for weeks, and so car nothing has worked, even turning off the cold diagnostic for the license plate light via VagCom. Thanks much!!
      '12 CW CC LUX LTD DSG.....

    21. Member phatz314's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2011
      Location
      SF bay area
      Posts
      1,533
      Vehicles
      2011 Golf TDI
      05-09-2012 01:10 AM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by KOWCC View Post
      Hi, i know there are different variations of these STOCK LED's. Some part numbers end with B as your does and some end with C. I have a 2012 CC, with the Hi-line CECM. DO you know what part number will work for me and NOT cause the bulb out errors i keep getting. Your help is truly appreciated...i have been battling this for weeks, and so car nothing has worked, even turning off the cold diagnostic for the license plate light via VagCom. Thanks much!!
      part numbers ending in A, B, C, etc are just revisions of the part. I would be 99% confident that they are fully backwards comaptible

      that said, you will have a bulb out error unless you add resistors... at least on a golf/GTI

    22. Member KOWCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2012
      Location
      SE MICH
      Posts
      2,966
      Vehicles
      2012 CW CC LUX LTD DSG
      05-09-2012 01:19 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by phatz314 View Post
      part numbers ending in A, B, C, etc are just revisions of the part. I would be 99% confident that they are fully backwards comaptible

      that said, you will have a bulb out error unless you add resistors... at least on a golf/GTI
      Good to know...so without resistors, nothing should work..... Even the OEMs.
      '12 CW CC LUX LTD DSG.....

    23. Member quailallstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2001
      Location
      Aus Liebe zum Automobil
      Posts
      8,373
      Vehicles
      @LuvGermanCars
      05-09-2012 06:03 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by KOWCC View Post
      Hi, i know there are different variations of these STOCK LED's. Some part numbers end with B as your does and some end with C. I have a 2012 CC, with the Hi-line CECM. DO you know what part number will work for me and NOT cause the bulb out errors i keep getting. Your help is truly appreciated...i have been battling this for weeks, and so car nothing has worked, even turning off the cold diagnostic for the license plate light via VagCom. Thanks much!!
      Quote Originally Posted by phatz314 View Post
      part numbers ending in A, B, C, etc are just revisions of the part. I would be 99% confident that they are fully backwards comaptible

      that said, you will have a bulb out error unless you add resistors... at least on a golf/GTI
      As stated by Phatz314 - the different letters are just part number revisions. As for these working in your CC I'm not 100% sure. I would say you might need resistors like the pre 2012 Golf models do in order for these to work. I would contact Dana at Ross-Tech with a scan of your CECM to see if she can maybe help?
      2Ø11 Candy-Weiß Golf 6 2,0 6-Gang DPF TDI BLUEMOTION Technologies™ Highline 4-Türen ▀ 2Ø11 Tornadorot Jetta 6 2,5 Highline 4-TürenØ8 Deep Blau Perleffekt Golf 5 .:R32 3,2 DSG 4-MOTION™ 3-Türen ▀ Ø8 Tornadorot Passat 3C Variant Highline 2,0 TFSIØ6 Tornadorot Golf 5 GTI 2,0 DSG TFSI 3-TürenØ2 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline 1,8T 4-Türen

    24. Banned BetaOp9's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2006
      Posts
      5,409
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 [TR #2392]
      05-09-2012 11:07 AM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
      As stated by Phatz314 - the different letters are just part number revisions. As for these working in your CC I'm not 100% sure. I would say you might need resistors like the pre 2012 Golf models do in order for these to work. I would contact Dana at Ross-Tech with a scan of your CECM to see if she can maybe help?
      The CC does a canbus check, as well. So resistors would be required.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2nd, 2011
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      735
      Vehicles
      2008.5 Passat VR6 4Motion/Sport Sedan
      05-09-2012 02:23 PM #150
      I got the revision C and installed them on my '08 Passat and have no errors...and they work fine. Anyone care to throw out a reason? Different from a GTI I know...

    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •