VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Bring on the Mk1 Diesel Engine Bays Lets see what this sights got!!!!

123K views 263 replies 118 participants last post by  eMak 
#1 ·
I saw this and thought not to many people can pull off a nice Diesel maybe I am wrong??? Lets see what you all got!!!:laugh::pic:

See less See more
#145 ·
My engine is not in my engine bay yet, but here are a couple pics as I am assembling it. Still missing a few parts that I am detailing, or have on order.

It is just a mechanical 1.6 TD out of 1985 Jetta. Second overbore Kobelschmidt Pistons, Giles super pump, and he also rebuilt my injectors. K24/26 hybrid turbo... Nothing too crazy. I also have an air to water intercooler, and as you can see from the pictures I have an external oil cooler as well.

Car is still on a rotisserie being cleaned up... 1984 GTI being switched over to a diesel. Also switching to a CE2 harness...

#148 ·
My engine is not in my engine bay yet, but here are a couple pics as I am assembling it. Still missing a few parts that I am detailing, or have on order.

It is just a mechanical 1.6 TD out of 1985 Jetta. Second overbore Kobelschmidt Pistons, Giles super pump, and he also rebuilt my injectors. K24/26 hybrid turbo... Nothing too crazy. I also have an air to water intercooler, and as you can see from the pictures I have an external oil cooler as well.

Car is still on a rotisserie being cleaned up... 1984 GTI being switched over to a diesel. Also switching to a CE2 harness...
hmmm let us know how the k26/k24 performs, most people who have run them have given a bad review, and judging from the k26 compressor maps i've seen they're not a great match for a 1.6td, but im still curious how it will run, nice clean build btw.

#162 ·
230bhp is only about 200 whp anyway. but 200hp is hard because tdi people all insist on running tiny turbos to try and make big numbers:banghead::laugh:

#163 ·
Not necessarily. “From what I’ve read”, the internals need to be beefed up to be able to cope with the additional power. At this point (and the money it takes to do so), it may be more cost effective to choose a TDI powerplant that came with more power from the factory. The room for growth is also there.

-Todd

#164 ·
yeah i agree they really should have aftermarket rods before u really mess with them, but some of that even could just be running too small of a turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.