Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 367

    Thread: Koni Coilovers IN STOCK!!!! Sale by WRDUSA.com.

    1. 05-28-2011 11:47 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by tomasepley View Post
      Got them today as promised. Great service, thanks guys!
      enjoy
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 13th, 2002
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      1,410
      Vehicles
      '10 GTI, '84 Land Cruiser FJ60
      05-29-2011 02:07 AM #37
      Installed! Need some tweaking but great so far!


    3. Member dubb34r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2011
      Location
      ATL
      Posts
      2,332
      Vehicles
      Mine: '04 R32, Bagged TR '11 GTI (sold) His: '82 300d W12 '08 WRX (sold)
      06-01-2011 11:53 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by oneethree View Post
      How many threads do you have left?
      Finally got around to checking and if I'm looking at it right I've got around 9 threads left. Swore someone else with the same FTG had only 3-4 threads up front.

    4. 06-01-2011 04:13 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by tomasepley View Post
      Installed! Need some tweaking but great so far!
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    5. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,444
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      06-01-2011 04:45 PM #40

    6. 06-02-2011 01:25 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    7. 06-06-2011 07:38 PM #42
      bump
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    8. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,444
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      06-06-2011 07:49 PM #43
      Koni and WRD

    9. 06-07-2011 11:51 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      Koni and WRD
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    10. 06-13-2011 07:40 PM #45
      bump
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    11. 06-13-2011 08:53 PM #46
      Will these work on the Golf Wagon?
      BODY, CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
      Front Suspension Independent McPherson struts, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers, integrated stabilizer bar
      Rear Suspension Multilink rear supsension, coil springs, telescopic gas pressurized shock absorbers, stabilizer bar

    12. 06-14-2011 12:49 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by puten View Post
      Will these work on the Golf Wagon?
      BODY, CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
      Front Suspension Independent McPherson struts, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers, integrated stabilizer bar
      Rear Suspension Multilink rear supsension, coil springs, telescopic gas pressurized shock absorbers, stabilizer bar
      From the sound of your suspension they should, but I can't guarantee it. They fit on the golf/gti, on the Jetta GLI and Jetta wagon, however we don't have a golf wagon here in the states so I don't know if there is anything unusual about their suspension
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    13. Member DiogoGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 2011
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      162
      Vehicles
      2010 CW GTi
      06-14-2011 01:39 AM #48
      ordered a set this morning. cant wait to get them

    14. 06-14-2011 01:44 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by DiogoGTI View Post
      ordered a set this morning. cant wait to get them
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    15. 06-14-2011 09:45 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by CarNut84GTi View Post
      From the sound of your suspension they should, but I can't guarantee it. They fit on the golf/gti, on the Jetta GLI and Jetta wagon, however we don't have a golf wagon here in the states so I don't know if there is anything unusual about their suspension
      Can I return them for a full refund if they dont?

    16. 06-14-2011 06:36 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by puten View Post
      Can I return them for a full refund if they dont?
      Once they have been installed they cannot be returned. We do accept returns on non-installed parts, however we could not refund shipping, and you would have to pay to ship them back. There may be a small restocking fee but I should be able to get that waved as long as they are returned packaged like new
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    17. 07-03-2011 05:46 PM #52
      bump
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 13th, 2002
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      1,410
      Vehicles
      '10 GTI, '84 Land Cruiser FJ60
      07-03-2011 07:43 PM #53
      Just kinda wrapping up my experience here:

      WRD service rocked! Super fast turnaround...

      Koni's are amazing. Finally set on 24 5/8, no rub (stock Detroits). Just drove 1200 miles from SF to southwest CO, and thy handled everything very well - very high speed straights, amazing job with whoops / dips at high speed (definitely caught some air a few times), twisty mountain roads, you name it. Two standouts: cruising smooth highways of Utah at 90 and feeling like sitting still, dealing with severely slumping and winter-worn mountain roads and always maintaining composure.

      All good.

    19. 07-04-2011 12:38 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by tomasepley View Post
      Just kinda wrapping up my experience here:

      WRD service rocked! Super fast turnaround...

      Koni's are amazing. Finally set on 24 5/8, no rub (stock Detroits). Just drove 1200 miles from SF to southwest CO, and thy handled everything very well - very high speed straights, amazing job with whoops / dips at high speed (definitely caught some air a few times), twisty mountain roads, you name it. Two standouts: cruising smooth highways of Utah at 90 and feeling like sitting still, dealing with severely slumping and winter-worn mountain roads and always maintaining composure.

      All good.
      Appreciate the feedback
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    20. 07-08-2011 07:19 PM #55
      bump
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    21. Member prospal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,637
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI
      07-08-2011 07:37 PM #56
      Anyone have any feedback how these fare in the winters? I'm from NY/NJ and just want to know what is ahead of me!

      Thanks

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2006
      Location
      Mpls, MN
      Posts
      933
      Vehicles
      11 Golf Tdi
      07-08-2011 09:43 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by puten View Post
      Will these work on the Golf Wagon?
      BODY, CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
      Front Suspension Independent McPherson struts, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers, integrated stabilizer bar
      Rear Suspension Multilink rear supsension, coil springs, telescopic gas pressurized shock absorbers, stabilizer bar
      The golf wagon is the "jetta"sport wagon sold outside the US.

    23. 07-08-2011 10:52 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by prospal View Post
      Anyone have any feedback how these fare in the winters? I'm from NY/NJ and just want to know what is ahead of me!

      Thanks
      We have a lot of customers running these on the east coast year round with great results. I would recommend keeping a coat of spray oil (or something along those lines) on the threads to protect them, and clean them off a couple times a year. I would make this same recommendation of any coilover.
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    24. 07-08-2011 10:53 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by JZoidberg View Post
      The golf wagon is the "jetta"sport wagon sold outside the US.
      Thanks for the clarification, I assumed that this was the case, but didn't want to make any promises
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2009
      Location
      LA, CA
      Posts
      105
      07-09-2011 04:15 AM #60
      I have about 1/4 inch difference between front two coils

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2009
      Location
      LA, CA
      Posts
      105
      07-10-2011 01:38 PM #61
      Anyone else?

    27. 07-11-2011 02:32 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy64 View Post
      I have about 1/4 inch difference between front two coils
      are you measuring from the center of the wheel to the fender to make sure it's level? or are you measuring from the ground?
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    28. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia Pa
      Posts
      147
      Vehicles
      DBP MKVI GTI
      07-11-2011 03:14 PM #63
      Hey question here. I'm new to coilovers and never had them on any of my cars before so this might be a first. I have a 2010 GTI with about 20K miles.

      Anyway, if I were to install these on my car, would I need too replace anything else? Or would it be a good idea to replace anything else such as strut mount and bearings, etc.. I have been reading a lot on the topic and it seems to be the consensus. If this is true, where would be the best to purchase these products!

      Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks

    29. 07-11-2011 05:12 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by dmbbilly41 View Post
      Hey question here. I'm new to coilovers and never had them on any of my cars before so this might be a first. I have a 2010 GTI with about 20K miles.

      Anyway, if I were to install these on my car, would I need too replace anything else? Or would it be a good idea to replace anything else such as strut mount and bearings, etc.. I have been reading a lot on the topic and it seems to be the consensus. If this is true, where would be the best to purchase these products!

      Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks
      With that low of mileage, I wouldn't be too worried about replacing anything else maintenance wise along with these, though if you ever did need items such as strut mounts/bearings, we can certainly hook you up with them. There are other products such as swaybars that can be used in conjunction with the coilovers to further improve performance, but they are not absolutely necessary.
      During install, most people remove the main axle bolt, as this is a stretch bolt it technically should be replaced. Depending on where you have them installed, the shop may have these bolts, otherwise they are easiest just to pick up from your local VW dealer.
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    30. Member DUBTSTK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2010
      Location
      Central Coast, CA
      Posts
      1,764
      Vehicles
      2013 Passat TDI SEL
      07-11-2011 05:15 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy64 View Post
      I have about 1/4 inch difference between front two coils
      That's about what I have. My 2 fronts have the same FTG (24") yet I have 6 threads left on the front passenger side, and only 3 threads left on the front driver's side. Guess it's just a Koni thing. Doesn't bother me though.
      2013 Passat TDI SEL
      West Coast Euro

    31. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia Pa
      Posts
      147
      Vehicles
      DBP MKVI GTI
      07-11-2011 07:03 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by CarNut84GTi View Post
      With that low of mileage, I wouldn't be too worried about replacing anything else maintenance wise along with these, though if you ever did need items such as strut mounts/bearings, we can certainly hook you up with them. There are other products such as swaybars that can be used in conjunction with the coilovers to further improve performance, but they are not absolutely necessary.
      During install, most people remove the main axle bolt, as this is a stretch bolt it technically should be replaced. Depending on where you have them installed, the shop may have these bolts, otherwise they are easiest just to pick up from your local VW dealer.
      Thanks for quick reply! Speaking of sway bars, again I am not too familiar with these either. I noticed that there are different sizes whether it be smaller or larger for both front and rear. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each. And is it good to replace both or one or the other. Sorry for all the questions. I'm seriously considering coilovers and would like to know all I can so I can make the correct purchases and have it all installed once etc...

      Thanks again in advance!

    32. 07-12-2011 03:39 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by dmbbilly41 View Post
      Thanks for quick reply! Speaking of sway bars, again I am not too familiar with these either. I noticed that there are different sizes whether it be smaller or larger for both front and rear. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each. And is it good to replace both or one or the other. Sorry for all the questions. I'm seriously considering coilovers and would like to know all I can so I can make the correct purchases and have it all installed once etc...

      Thanks again in advance!
      Ask away, more than happy to answer any questions you have.

      As for the swaybars, what setup you go with depends largely on what you plan on doing with the car. Typically the larger the swaybar, the stiffer it is, however this is not always the case with tubular swaybars (which most swaybars for the MK6 are tubular) as the wall thickness of the swaybar will also affect how stiff they are. Adding just a large rear swaybar will reduce understeer (this is when you turn the wheel, and the car wants to go straight). Depending on your suspension setup and the conditions, this may even cause the car to oversteer. I would never do just a front alone, while this will increase stability, it will also increase the tendency of the car to understeer, and it already does this enough stock. However, running both a front and rear will reduce overall body roll, improve handling, and depending on how you set them up increase stability (most aftermarket swaybars are adjustable. The stiffer you make the rear of the car, the more understeer you eliminate, and the more chance there is for the car to oversteer).

      Hope that makes sense, let me know if you need any clarification.
      www.WRDUSA.com
      Great Deals on Koni, H&R, Neuspeed, APR, SPEC, Techtonics Tuning, Eurospec Sport, and more!
      775-342-9591

    33. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia Pa
      Posts
      147
      Vehicles
      DBP MKVI GTI
      07-12-2011 04:16 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by CarNut84GTi View Post
      Ask away, more than happy to answer any questions you have.

      As for the swaybars, what setup you go with depends largely on what you plan on doing with the car. Typically the larger the swaybar, the stiffer it is, however this is not always the case with tubular swaybars (which most swaybars for the MK6 are tubular) as the wall thickness of the swaybar will also affect how stiff they are. Adding just a large rear swaybar will reduce understeer (this is when you turn the wheel, and the car wants to go straight). Depending on your suspension setup and the conditions, this may even cause the car to oversteer. I would never do just a front alone, while this will increase stability, it will also increase the tendency of the car to understeer, and it already does this enough stock. However, running both a front and rear will reduce overall body roll, improve handling, and depending on how you set them up increase stability (most aftermarket swaybars are adjustable. The stiffer you make the rear of the car, the more understeer you eliminate, and the more chance there is for the car to oversteer).

      Hope that makes sense, let me know if you need any clarification.

      Thank you for the feedback. I really do appreciate it! You may be hearing from me soon...depending on what I find at WF

    34. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2006
      Location
      Mpls, MN
      Posts
      933
      Vehicles
      11 Golf Tdi
      07-12-2011 06:04 PM #69
      WRD has excellent customer service and from what I found the best price if you want to go with the Konis. I've bought a couple of sets from them with no problems what so ever.

    35. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia Pa
      Posts
      147
      Vehicles
      DBP MKVI GTI
      07-12-2011 06:33 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by JZoidberg View Post
      WRD has excellent customer service and from what I found the best price if you want to go with the Konis. I've bought a couple of sets from them with no problems what so ever.
      That's what I hear. Thanks for the confirmation!

    Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •