Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TT on FK Streetline Coilovers

Vehicles
      2000 180q TT
      03-09-2012 05:07 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by 20v master View Post
      Lol.
      Im with this guy.

Both you other dudes have lots and lots to learn...

Marcus is a friend of mine and a very knowledgeable individual whether youd like to admit it or not. Learn a thing or two from this mysterious man.

But youre right, your stuff, you do whatever floats your boat homie.
      Last edited by Tempes_TT; 03-09-2012 at 05:17 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by DCMS371 View Post
      You do realize women are biologically programmed to ruin men's lives by making them get rid of anything that they might enjoy more than spending time with the woman right?
      Quote Originally Posted by SchmidTT View Post
      Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

2. 03-09-2012 05:37 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Tempes_TT View Post
      Im with this guy.

Both you other dudes have lots and lots to learn...
      If I am one of those "other dudes", I hope you noticed the

Sarcasm is tough online of course.
      Last edited by AlaskaTT; 03-09-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Vehicles
      2000 180q TT
      03-09-2012 05:48 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTT View Post
      If I am one of those "other dudes", I hope you noticed the

Sarcasm is tough online of course.
      Yes, sarcasm is tough to grasp via simple text.

I retract my former statement sir.
      You do realize women are biologically programmed to ruin men's lives by making them get rid of anything that they might enjoy more than spending time with the woman right?
      Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

4. 03-09-2012 11:04 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by frostyflax17 View Post
      you apparently need to do some more reading into how suspension works.
      what do you suggest? Maybe you can educate me

On a serious note, (before you turn yourself into the subject of many jokes ) I didn't say what I said previously because I wanted to attack your knowledge or preference when it comes to suspension. I was simply trying to discourage you or anyone reading your "plans" from attempting something I know isn't as simple as you were putting it.

If there is one person that has done custom suspension work on this platform it's me, and I can tell you it's more involved than simply swapping unknown springs on a shock with narrow valving that's not even suited to handle more than 1k of spring change in both direction. I have altered and customized pretty much everything in this suspension and gathered enough data along the way to tell you that your idea will handle worse than stock (wheel rate, natural frequency, valving bias in low and high speed velocities are all customized in my car. Swaybars, ball joint location, caster angle, static weight balance and even Ackerman angles are also modified by Me). I think I have successfully fabricated/designed enough parts, (that are not even available "off the shelf" for this chassis) to know what I'm talking about without needing to discuss credentials.

Now, if you were suggesting re-valving a decent shock to accommodate more springs, this discussion would be totally different but your plan was nothing short of a butchered job. What would your wheel rate, critical damping and overall balance be? I just couldn't find a kinder word than "demonic" to explain how that setup would have handled, my apologies for my limited vocabulary.

When or if you decide to change your original formula I'll gladly steer you in the right direction but for now I can only tell you that the following ain't going to work

" if they're too soft... i'll swap in stiffer springs,
      not low enough? shorter springs.
      kidneys crying? stronger shocks "
      Last edited by Marcus_Aurelius; 03-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      01 TT 225 (daily), 01 TT 225 (project) 02 TT 180Q (donor), 03 GTI 20AE (daily) 03 GTI (dead)
      03-10-2012 01:54 AM #40
      Max has no patience. There are rules here, obey them. Lol

Vehicles
      2000 180q TT
      03-10-2012 09:11 AM #41
      Mind = Blown

Vehicles
      2001/ TT 225Q
      03-10-2012 03:08 PM #42
      nice most likely their going to b my next setup
      TiNgYyY

Vehicles
      01' S3, 01' TT 225 roadster w/Hardtop (sold), 03' Jetta (sold)
      03-10-2012 04:57 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by PLAYED TT View Post
      TT's dont go low in the rear on off the shelf coils
      i highly disagree
      I'm on Bilstein PSS9's coilovers that apparently dont go low at all, and I was tucking tire all around last season
      DubCult _ Florio Special _ S3

Vehicles
      03-10-2012 05:04 PM #44
      pics for reference

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT 225 / 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro x2
      03-13-2012 02:08 PM #45
      sorry for my arrogance, i just got my panties in a bunch when someone called my crazy ideas demonic.

I do a ton of research before i do any actual fabrication, so i wouldn't be following any of my previously stated plans to a T. I consult people like you who have done there research and base my plans off of that information. So once again, i apologize for the ignorance. I do know what i'm talking about most of the time. I just don't articulate it all into a forum where "most" readers are... lacking.

I'll hit you up when i plan on dropping a heavier engine in the front of the TT and need to do some more research on the best custom suspension set up.
      2001 Audi TT 225 - DD mod list= http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3243695/2001-audi-tt
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro - Project G6 classified

11. 03-13-2012 02:12 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by frostyflax17 View Post
      sorry for my arrogance, i just got my panties in a bunch when someone called my crazy ideas demonic.

I do a ton of research before i do any actual fabrication, so i wouldn't be following any of my previously stated plans to a T. I consult people like you who have done there research and base my plans off of that information. So once again, i apologize for the ignorance. I do know what i'm talking about most of the time. I just don't articulate it all into a forum where "most" readers are... lacking.

I'll hit you up when i plan on dropping a heavier engine in the front of the TT and need to do some more research on the best custom suspension set up.
      No harm done bud !

The madman is always there to help and steer you back in the right path

12. Member
      Vehicles
      01 TT 225 (daily), 01 TT 225 (project) 02 TT 180Q (donor), 03 GTI 20AE (daily) 03 GTI (dead)
      03-13-2012 02:14 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Aurelius View Post
      No harm done bud !

The madman is always there to help and steer you back in the right path
      What you did there, I see it.

03-13-2012 02:21 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8tipgls View Post
      i highly disagree
      I'm on Bilstein PSS9's coilovers that apparently dont go low at all, and I was tucking tire all around last season
      Quattro? and perches out?
      | BENPURKISSDESIGN |

STANCE - Related words:
      hellaflush-hellafail-stanced-stancing-mental retardation-beaners etc.

Vehicles
      A German thing, and a not so German thing
      03-13-2012 02:21 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by 20v master View Post
      What you did there, I see it.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      03-13-2012 02:32 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
      Quattro?
      His avatar says 225, so yes. Perches, he'll have to answer. lol

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 02:55 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
      Quattro? and perches out?
      yes quattro, perches still in with only one collar on each side

17. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Audi TT 225 Q 01 - 96 mk3 jetta 2.0
      03-19-2012 07:44 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8tipgls View Post
      yes quattro, perches still in with only one collar on each side
      yes that's correct perches are still on, after the car settle I endup lowering the front at tap bit cuz it settle down more than i thought,

sorry everyone I've been super busy with school and other ****, glad to see u guys kept this thread active. I'll be online more often now that summer is near, just bought insurance for the TT today, later this week I'll go to the DMV, I'm sellin my 01 A6 and whatever I get is going towards her. this is what I have in mind

software-I'm not sure yet must likely Revo
      DP and Intake-42 Draft design
      cat back-apr
      wot box
      all new turbo hoses- forge

I'm open to suggestions so u guys let me know, like always thanks
      QUA-TT-RO Unitronic Stage II|42DD Turbo back|42DD air intake|Forge TIP|Forge dv-008/relo kit|VDO Boost Gauge|FK Street line coilovers|Forge Short Shifter|BW rear adjustable CA|BFI Engine Mount|42DD Catch Can|2.0 ignition coil
      Quote Originally Posted by madmax199 View Post
      Not everybody has to have the best performing engine they could. Some people prefer it tame, numb and boring

Vehicles
      2001/ TT 225Q
      03-23-2012 03:50 PM #53
      what is the part # for ur afco spring in the rear, if u remember??
      TiNgYyY

Vehicles
      2001/ TT 225Q
      03-23-2012 03:52 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by chads View Post
      Just got mine installed yesterday. I went with the AFCO spring in the rear.

What is the part # on the afco springs for the back??
      TiNgYyY

20. Member
      Vehicles
      00 TTq
      03-23-2012 04:04 PM #55
      I don't know p/n but here is the link http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-Y...nch,24517.html

I bought the 600lbs spring.

If you are slamming the fronts of Streetlines and then going super low with the AFCO, be ready to feel every bump in the road.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT 225 / 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro x2
      03-26-2012 12:26 AM #56
      i have to raise the streetlines up a few threads, i was rubbing and tearing up my 215/50/17 tires. hopefully 3 threads will do it. if not, i'll raise it up some more. i want to be able to take a quick turn and not hear CHRRRRRRRRRSHHHHHHHCHrSHHHCHRSHHHCHRSHHHHH

good news is, after probbaly 1000miles, everything is as it should be. i put antiseive on the sleeve so it was easy to raise it 3 threads without anything binding.
      2001 Audi TT 225 - DD mod list= http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3243695/2001-audi-tt
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro - Project G6 classified

22. 04-01-2012 08:47 AM #57
      getting FK street-line kit as well. I have a quattro. what else do i need in the front? do i need adjustable control arms and sway bars for the rear? what else?

23. Member
      Vehicles
      00 TTq
      04-02-2012 11:38 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by nilreb View Post
      getting FK street-line kit as well. I have a quattro. what else do i need in the front? do i need adjustable control arms and sway bars for the rear? what else?
      I would just get upper strut mount bushings and bearings for the front.

If you wanted you could do a whole front suspension refresh. Control arm bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, and whatever else is down there, but that will cost you a lot to have shop do all that.

For the rear it depends on how low you are going. If you are going with FK rear spring and all the way down, you would probably be good with just a half kmac kit. Or with lower adjustable control arms.

If you are going with a shorter rear spring to go real low in the back, I would go with upper and lower adjustable rear control arms.

I would go with adjustable lower control arms no matter what you do. You can add the uppers later if you don't want to spend that much money up front.

MadMax control arms get a lot of praise around here. He really knows his stuff and also auto crosses his TT.

FWIW, I went with half kmac with a shorter rear spring with plans to add adjustable lower control arms and then move my kmac to the upper. My camber is a little too negative with only half kmac, but that is why I plan to get a set of control arms.

Get an alignment after you get your coilovers installed.

Vehicles
      2003 TT quattro, 1978 Westfalia, 1982 Rabbit Diesel
      06-28-2012 08:30 PM #59
      I seem to have a problem with these FK Streetlines because my front sway bar is sitting on the control arms now and it makes rubbing noises. I cannot find adjustable front end links anywhere. I replaced mine because they were old but the new ones are the same length. Is this a common problem and is there an answer? I am only lowered about an inch all around.

BTW this is how it sits now

Except after this I did add 10mm spacers to the rear to push the back wheels out just a little.

Vehicles
      C5 A6 / / Amu TT // 330I Sport PKG
      06-30-2012 02:20 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by lostorbit View Post
      I seem to have a problem with these FK Streetlines because my front sway bar is sitting on the control arms now and it makes rubbing noises. I cannot find adjustable front end links anywhere. I replaced mine because they were old but the new ones are the same length. Is this a common problem and is there an answer? I am only lowered about an inch all around.

BTW this is how it sits now

Except after this I did add 10mm spacers to the rear to push the back wheels out just a little.
      Yeah I just dumped my fronts some more. Still have perches in the rear but no collars.

Had to cut and weld my front endlinks and my front headlight adjusters were stretched and making noise. Now I have an odd squeak in my front end I have to figure out. Does not help I scrape on everything.
      Ahh skeet skeet

Vehicles
      2003 TT quattro, 1978 Westfalia, 1982 Rabbit Diesel
      07-01-2012 11:31 PM #61
      It looks like I will have to cut my end links to get the sway bar to clear. I am nowhere near as low as you though and no one can explain why I'm having this problem.

Vehicles
      07-02-2012 09:20 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by lostorbit View Post
      It looks like I will have to cut my end links to get the sway bar to clear. I am nowhere near as low as you though and no one can explain why I'm having this problem.
      i have no problem with sway bar clearance and im prety low when it comes to the tt quattros

doesnt really make ssence that u hit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12