Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 343 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the god damn RANT thread.

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      04-03-2011 10:20 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel! View Post
      Great. Go to a sports bar. Who watches basketball games when they go out to a $20/plate gourmet restaurant? Go to Hooters if you wanna watch a goddamn game. I friggin' love watching a good football game in a bar where acting shamefully is not discouraged.
      Keep in mind, sometimes us guys get dragged to **** we didn't want to with our families, and maybe we're hiding from the awkwardness of our weirdass divorced inlaws who are still hanging out together huddled in the bar watching a sports game...

Vehicles
      2002 Subaru Outback, 2003 Miata, 2006 EX500R, 2011 ZX-6R
      04-03-2011 10:54 PM #142
      Can people stop feeding the damn animals when they're out in the wilderness?!? I was attacked about 6 times by some damn birds thinking they were going to score big with my hiking food with one of them damn near taking half a granola bar out of my hand while still in the wrapper (scared the isht out of me)! Stupid things were stalking me hardcore too, dive-bombing into the snow berm literally right next to me and peering down from their branches no more than 10ft up, constantly shuffling from one tree to the next.

Yeah you might think it's cute to have a bird land in your hand and casually take away a bread crumb, but try dealing with these bastards when they're starving during the spring thaw. SOBs turn so aggressive they don't let up until they get what they want or you leave. It's dangerous, you're not helping them, and someone is going to get hurt so don't do it!

Vehicles
      2005 Accord LX, 1980 Yamaha XS850(sold), 2002 Honda VTR1000, 2011 Triumph Speed Triple
      04-03-2011 11:38 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Oh God, a sports hater. You're like soooo cool and enlightened. Some guys just like talking about sports because they're a form of entertainment. God forbid people discuss entertainment.

I like me some sports, but I can't understand the absolute crack addict acting guys who jerk off to each other's fantasy teams and college basketball bets.

Who the **** cares that the Oklahoma Duke Bulldog Rattlesnakes won the college basketball final or who gives a flying **** if your fantasy team which has all the superstars from every team beats your buddies half assed picks?

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      It ain't easy being an overweight, uneducated, Sunfire driving whoop whooping clown.

Vehicles
      2005 Accord LX, 1980 Yamaha XS850(sold), 2002 Honda VTR1000, 2011 Triumph Speed Triple
      04-03-2011 11:40 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by abawp View Post
      Can people stop feeding the damn animals when they're out in the wilderness?!? I was attacked about 6 times by some damn birds thinking they were going to score big with my hiking food with one of them damn near taking half a granola bar out of my hand while still in the wrapper (scared the isht out of me)! Stupid things were stalking me hardcore too, dive-bombing into the snow berm literally right next to me and peering down from their branches no more than 10ft up, constantly shuffling from one tree to the next.

Yeah you might think it's cute to have a bird land in your hand and casually take away a bread crumb, but try dealing with these bastards when they're starving during the spring thaw. SOBs turn so aggressive they don't let up until they get what they want or you leave. It's dangerous, you're not helping them, and someone is going to get hurt so don't do it!
      This post needs more bear content.

It ain't easy being an overweight, uneducated, Sunfire driving whoop whooping clown.

Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe
      04-03-2011 11:45 PM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by Knock Sensor View Post
      This post needs more bear content.

"Oh hey. What did you bring for lunch? I smell pastrami... did you bring rye or white? You know I can't stand pastrami on white..."
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Vehicles
      99.5 B5 A4 Casa White, 09 Jetta, 99 Cabrio (92 Corrado)
      04-04-2011 03:10 AM #146
      1. Some of the personalities that visit this forum on an hourly basis to make smug comments on practically every opinion they read, dropping in the "meme of the day" and derailing threads that were posted with the intention of actually gaining some knowledge about a certain topic, or possibly sharing a passion with other people who are equally as passionate. And it seems the more people they sh*t on the more their ego grows, as if they have some sort of "infinite internet celebrity". You don't matter, and you're obnoxious.

2. Cop bashing threads (and cop bashing in general) like "I got a ticket today *whine whine whine*" that eventually snowball into a bunch of people pissing and moaning about how "cops are all under-educated, power hungry, bullied in high school, inept and illiterate". And they would be the same bunch of people in the next thread calling people out about racism and profiling. Have you ever known a cop on a personal level? Gone on a ride along to see what their daily job consists of? Actually read stats about the average cop's education, salary level, normal on-the-job encounters, burn out rate, divorce rate? No, most love to focus on the year's biggest on-the-job SNAFU, and forget about the fact that thousands of first responders are out there saving lives and keeping order on a daily basis while you go through the same drab, mind-numbing weekly routine. STFU, accept the consequences and find some other avenue for which to spew your hatred.

Last edited by PrimaVW; 04-04-2011 at 03:12 AM. Reason: check your grammar, yo
      Family First

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      04-04-2011 09:33 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by PrimaVW View Post
      1. Some of the personalities that visit this forum on an hourly basis to make smug comments on practically every opinion they read, dropping in the "meme of the day" and derailing threads that were posted with the intention of actually gaining some knowledge about a certain topic, or possibly sharing a passion with other people who are equally as passionate. And it seems the more people they sh*t on the more their ego grows, as if they have some sort of "infinite internet celebrity". You don't matter, and you're obnoxious.

2. Cop bashing threads (and cop bashing in general) like "I got a ticket today *whine whine whine*" that eventually snowball into a bunch of people pissing and moaning about how "cops are all under-educated, power hungry, bullied in high school, inept and illiterate". And they would be the same bunch of people in the next thread calling people out about racism and profiling. Have you ever known a cop on a personal level? Gone on a ride along to see what their daily job consists of? Actually read stats about the average cop's education, salary level, normal on-the-job encounters, burn out rate, divorce rate? No, most love to focus on the year's biggest on-the-job SNAFU, and forget about the fact that thousands of first responders are out there saving lives and keeping order on a daily basis while you go through the same drab, mind-numbing weekly routine. STFU, accept the consequences and find some other avenue for which to spew your hatred.

I think you and I will get along just fine.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      04-04-2011 10:09 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by abawp View Post
      Feeding animals:
      Seriously the seagulls on the beach up here are ridiculous. I've seen them knock plates out of peoples hands and then 10+ swarm the ground. It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knock Sensor View Post
      Sports addicts :
      Oh no the Sox got swept in the first three games of a 160+ game season, everything they have done in the off season was a complete failure.

04-04-2011 10:34 AM #149
      I pulled both hip flexor muscles this weekend lifting

Now I can barely walk ..... god it suck s

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike
      04-04-2011 10:41 AM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Show me your papers or I'll show you how to take an old fashioned Upstate NY mudbootin'
      I hate people who think everything north of the Oranges is "Upstate New York". Upstate is north of Syracuse, thank you.
      A(u). Klasse A, unbeschrankt, ungedrosselt
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!

nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan

Vehicles
      95 GTi VR6 (Sold), 88 RX-7 (Sold), 1996 GTi VR6 (Sold), Rocking a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/DSG
      04-04-2011 10:48 AM #151
      If you're an old **** who thinks it is cool to do 35 in a 45 with a ****load of cars behind you, go ****ing kill yourself.
      THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

(In the cornfields west of) Allentown, PA
      Vehicles
      Miata, Maverick, GTV6, VibeGT
      04-04-2011 11:01 AM #152
      Bicyclists. It's that season again. I know it is a touchy subject around TCL. Rather than write a rant that could be misinterpreted with me as the idiot, I think I'm just going to stick the GoPro on the front bumper for a leisurely Saturday drive sometime this spring. The **** they pull around here would make for some great YouTube video comments, at least.

(I ride occasionally. I was taught how to obey the rules of the road. I ****ing hate the rolling roadblocks - seriously, they ride 3-4 wide in groups of 50+, blocking the entire lane. 25mph in 45 or 50mph zones. . Again...will return with proof of cyclists being complete dicks even to the most patient, tolerant cagers. Or some idiot passing them over a double yellow and hitting me head on. Check back in a few weeks.)
      Last edited by Roadkilled78; 04-04-2011 at 11:03 AM.

13. 04-04-2011 11:03 AM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by 20thAna3282 View Post
      Seriously the seagulls on the beach up here are ridiculous. I've seen them knock plates out of peoples hands and then 10+ swarm the ground. It's crazy.

I have a cool super evil seagull story. We were curising on the beach in Dayton on Spring Break and there were a couple of girls in the back of the van with the doors open. There were a couple of gulls following the van. The girls were eating chips. I told them to toss a chip to the gulls. INSTANTLY about 30 of them swarmed the van, flying inside as we were driving. It was awesome.

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      04-04-2011 11:20 AM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      I hate people who think everything north of the Oranges is "Upstate New York". Upstate is north of Syracuse, thank you.

People have called me upstate. I can be in New Jersey in 5 minutes...Now obviously I'm not bragging because...it's New Jersey. But c'mon. Upstate New York I AM NOT.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

Vehicles
      95 GTi VR6 (Sold), 88 RX-7 (Sold), 1996 GTi VR6 (Sold), Rocking a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/DSG
      04-04-2011 11:21 AM #155
      You were cursing in Dayton, Ohio?
      Last edited by 95GTIVR6Speed; 04-04-2011 at 12:09 PM.
      THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Vehicles
      saloon/specialized
      04-04-2011 11:40 AM #156
      you hate me then.north of Orange County is definitely upstate.

17. Member
      04-04-2011 11:52 AM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by Roadkilled78 View Post
      Bicyclists.
      Saw my first the other day. Their chosen method to navigate a road with 65mph traffic is to ride in the break-down lane, but not enough for traffic behind them to clear safely.

18. 04-04-2011 12:04 PM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by 95GTIVR6Speed View Post
      You were cursing in Dayto, Ohio?

God hates **** and I have a strong dislike of the letter A. Get over it.

Vehicles
      04-04-2011 12:10 PM #159
      God hates **** and I have a strong dislike of the letter A. Get over it.
      THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Volt
      04-04-2011 12:35 PM #160
      many people even fail to realize what western NY is. It seems that NYC is the center of the universe and it is blasphemous to consider living outside of it. Rochester gave the world kodak and xerox.

Vehicles
      2013 Focus - turbo edition
      04-04-2011 12:39 PM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by Roadkilled78 View Post
      (I ride occasionally. I was taught how to obey the rules of the road. I ****ing hate the rolling roadblocks - seriously, they ride 3-4 wide in groups of 50+, blocking the entire lane. 25mph in 45 or 50mph zones.
      The rules of the road (at least where I live) state that bicyclists are entitled to the entire lane. I don't do this or suggest it, but those are the rules.

And 25 mph is a heck of a pace!
      Quote Originally Posted by feliks View Post
      I do not want to think what would have happened, if as a result of the vibrations, the resulting leaks in the fuel pool and the water came out of it ... Almost as a result of radiation inside the building and its three filling remains, you can not to re-seal it. ..

Therefore, even mild disturbances such methods may be used: diamond cut rope ..

(In the cornfields west of) Allentown, PA
      Vehicles
      Miata, Maverick, GTV6, VibeGT
      04-04-2011 01:27 PM #162
      Quote Originally Posted by sjt1985 View Post
      The rules of the road (at least where I live) state that bicyclists are entitled to the entire lane. I don't do this or suggest it, but those are the rules.

And 25 mph is a heck of a pace!
      Around here it is encouraged to keep right and is illegal to ride 3, 4, 5 cycles wide. Yes, 5 cycles wide means one is in the oncoming lane. That is also illegal. And stupid. Haven't seen that yet this season. Give it time.

Nothing about a crowd of 50 strung out bikes blowing a stop sign like a funeral procession is mentioned in the statutes but I'm betting that's not legal either. I understand the inconvenience of stopping for traffic control devices when riding alone or in a small group...but when you're holding up confused oncoming traffic in the process...really?

Yeah, 25 mph is a heck of a pace. We've got pros around here. Also didn't want to be accused of exaggerating the slowness.

(c) Slower than prevailing speeds.-- A pedalcycle operated at slower than prevailing speed shall be operated in accordance with the provisions of Section 3301(b), unless it is unsafe to do so.

[3301(b). Vehicle proceeding at less than normal speed.
      Upon all roadways, any vehicles proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place under the conditions than existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into an alley, private road or driveway. This subsection does not apply to a driver who must necessarily drive in a lane other than the right-hand lane to continue on his intended route.]

Comment: Taken together, 3505 (c) and 3301 (b) state that slower vehicles should keep to the right, which is the normal expectation of all road users, while permitting bicyclists to make movements consistent with their intended route.

(e) Limitation on riding abreast. -- Persons riding pedalcycles upon a roadway shall not ride more than two abreast, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of pedalcycles.
      Last edited by Roadkilled78; 04-04-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Vehicles
      2006 Cayman S
      04-04-2011 03:03 PM #163
      Snow in April, really?

**** off winter. I need to see skirts, not parkas!
      **** JUST GOT CHAEL

Vehicles
      04-04-2011 03:07 PM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by chickenium View Post
      Snow in April, really?

**** off winter. I need to see skirts, not parkas!
      Plenty of skirts to see down here.

Just to rub it in, it's ~27C here today... Rant about that one, why don't ya?
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

04-04-2011 03:19 PM #165
      Quote Originally Posted by 95GTIVR6Speed View Post
      You were cursing in Dayton, Ohio?
      That's all there is to do there. Every time I have to go all I say is "get me the **** outta here, goddammit!"
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      2010 Jetta 2.5
      04-04-2011 04:34 PM #166
      Charlie Sheen. WTF, dude is a pyscho! I do not want to hear anything else about him ever. Let him 'bang seven gram rocks' all he wants, just don't put it all over the news!

Here comes the worst part, I turn on my local sports talk radio this morning for my 20 minutes commute...AND ITS ALL THEY TALK ABOUT! Just Sheen this sheen that, rediculous.

Mark my words. The 24 hour news cycle will ruin America.
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6GTI72 View Post
      Lets get down to brass tacks...

Did ya throw it in her fart locker?

04-04-2011 04:45 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by naturaldub View Post
      Charlie Sheen. WTF, dude is a pyscho! I do not want to hear anything else about him ever. Let him 'bang seven gram rocks' all he wants, just don't put it all over the news!

Here comes the worst part, I turn on my local sports talk radio this morning for my 20 minutes commute...AND ITS ALL THEY TALK ABOUT! Just Sheen this sheen that, rediculous.

The people in Detroit who went to his "show" demanding their money back and bitching about the spectacle. WTF did you think was going to occur? A Tony-worthy performance?!?!

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-04-2011 04:49 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by naturaldub View Post

Oh, preach it, brother, preach it. If I gave a **** what unemployed drug addicts thought about anything, I'd go ride the light rail and start conversations with tweakers. The fact that I haven't is prima facie evidence that my life is not enriched in the slightest by total saturation coverage of that narcissistic loser barking out drug-fueled, self-aggrandizing gibberish while he does his level best to turn a multimillion dollar a year career into a shameful death under a bridge somewhere. In fact, nobody's is, given that he just got booed off the stage by people who were stupid enough to PAY actual money, like real ****ing legal tender, to listen to an hour and a half of the crap he's perfectly desperate to go on any news channel and babble for free.

I will admit that there were about 15 minutes there, before it just got really tedious and pathetic, where the stuff coming out of his mouth was about as funny as the stuff that Hunter S. Thompson edited out of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. But then he just started stringing together the same lame-ass few phrases - winning, warlock, Vatican, tiger blood, Adonis DNA, that kind of **** - in random combinations that he was clearly hoping people would find just as funny as the first 85 times they heard it. It's not even genuine anymore; he's trying to capture the magic of his last crack-fueled bender and he can't even do it for money. What's sadder, a druggie ****up with no job who claims he's a winner with Adonis DNA on national news, or a druggie ****up who's being paid to be a druggie ****up, but STILL can't think of anything to say but that he's got Adonis DNA?
      Last edited by Turbio!; 04-04-2011 at 04:57 PM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      04-04-2011 05:02 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel! View Post
      Oh, preach it, brother, preach it. If I gave a **** what unemployed drug addicts thought about anything, I'd go Talk to JLP.
      Since I've gotten back from Hawaii a month ago, I've barely turned on the news. And goddamned if I haven't been happier for it.

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      04-04-2011 05:07 PM #170
      I thought the Charlie Sheen thing was dead a week ago. I'm pretty pissed that it's regaining steam (although it's likely to die out soon if the show sucks as much as people say it does).

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-04-2011 05:17 PM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      Since I've gotten back from Hawaii a month ago, I've barely turned on the news. And goddamned if I haven't been happier for it.
      I bet.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      04-04-2011 05:19 PM #172
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I thought the Charlie Sheen thing was dead a week ago. I'm pretty pissed that it's regaining steam (although it's likely to die out soon if the show sucks as much as people say it does).
      Proving that they have no taste, apparently people in Chicago enjoyed it.

04-04-2011 05:21 PM #173
      Pleeeeeaaaaaaase quit bringing him up

Vehicles
      04-04-2011 05:21 PM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post
      Proving that they have no taste, apparently people in Chicago enjoyed it.
      Hey, whoa, people who paid to see Charlie Sheen is a tiny subset of people in Chicago. Keep in mind, some of these people are also Cubs fans, and think you can't put ketchup on a hot dog.

Vehicles
      04-04-2011 05:41 PM #175
      Hey, whoa, people who paid to see Charlie Sheen is a tiny subset of people in Chicago. Keep in mind, some of these people are also Cubs fans, and think you can't put ketchup on a hot dog.
      My sincere apologies. It was meant to be a "they" as in "those particular Chicagoans" not all in general.

Page 5 of 343 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast