Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 154 of 344 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
    Results 5,356 to 5,390 of 12008

Thread: This is the god damn RANT thread.

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      04-30-2012 11:36 AM #5356
      Some new additions to your blog better happen.
      PSN: PhilipGTI
      Quote Originally Posted by joness0154 View Post
      If your ass looks like a Jeep after playing off-road, I don't know what to say. Change up your diet, maybe?

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-30-2012 12:11 PM #5357
      Why is it that, when something bad happens, somebody always says "Keep your loved ones close, everybody." What the **** does that even mean? What am I supposed to do, keep tabs on everybody I know? Give everybody more hugs just so I can say, at their funeral, that I got in a last backslapper? Just sort of worry, formlessly, that something is going to happen and act all clingy with them until they tell me to go the **** away? What's the deal here?
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

3. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      04-30-2012 12:27 PM #5358
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Why is it that, when something bad happens, somebody always says "Keep your loved ones close, everybody." What the **** does that even mean? What am I supposed to do, keep tabs on everybody I know? Give everybody more hugs just so I can say, at their funeral, that I got in a last backslapper? Just sort of worry, formlessly, that something is going to happen and act all clingy with them until they tell me to go the **** away? What's the deal here?
      Basically don't take your relationships for granted.

U mad?

4. 04-30-2012 12:33 PM #5359
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenWagen View Post
      Shows how much you know. I have dealt with a lot of trafficking cases and it is far more common than you think. Down south it is much worse and more along the lines of sex slaves and what not. The biggest trafficking problems are those promised a better life and come here ending up being indentured servants or slaves. And yes it does happen in north florida. Simply FYI.
      omg...I see you got the same breifing from the guy! Shows how many times you've been to Niceville. Those russian chicks making your Subway sub here...not slaves. Miami might have a problem. LA? Not so much. And this isn't "North Florida"...It's the PANHANDLE! The only trafficing problems we have are at rush hour.

Speaking of Subway...Why is it everytime I go in there, the person in front of me is ordering subs for their whole office or a small asian country? Last night a guy was ordering for his family, who was sitting down across the resturant. He kept yelling at them asking what all they wanted as he's in line and they'd yell it back.

5. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Electric thingy and a rust bucket
      04-30-2012 01:55 PM #5360
      I love the fact that we're putting 200 kW of solar on our roof at work. It's warm, fuzzy, green stuff that I can do a lot of marketing with, as we're the top LEAF dealer in the US and top Volt dealer in NorCal.

But Christ alive, the sounds of them installing the PV on the roof is driving me CRAZY!!! Ahhhhhhhhh
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

6. 04-30-2012 08:45 PM #5361
      Quote Originally Posted by Ro-Bear 2.0 View Post
      omg...I see you got the same breifing from the guy! Shows how many times you've been to Niceville. Those russian chicks making your Subway sub here...not slaves. Miami might have a problem. LA? Not so much. And this isn't "North Florida"...It's the PANHANDLE! The only trafficing problems we have are at rush hour. .

Incorrect fine sir.

BTW I basically grew up in Defuniak Springs/Crestview area. Family still lives all over that area and I periodically work there. I've been to Niceville more times than I can count.
      Last edited by GreenWagen; 04-30-2012 at 08:48 PM.

7. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      05-01-2012 12:06 AM #5362
      So hard to get motivated for work and school...knowing I'm going on vacation to Disney on Friday.

First world problems too....

Vehicles
      '09 VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI, '09 Cannondale Six 105, '13 Trek Fuel EX 9.8
      05-01-2012 06:51 AM #5363
      I can't understand people who on Facebook e.g. congratulate their s/o's on their B-day and tell them they love them and do this while they're with them. One of the most annoying things I see on Facebook.
      Previously known as Son of a B...5er!

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-01-2012 09:18 AM #5364
      omg...I see you got the same breifing from the guy! Shows how many times you've been to Niceville. Those russian chicks making your Subway sub here...not slaves. Miami might have a problem. LA? Not so much. And this isn't "North Florida"...It's the PANHANDLE! The only trafficing problems we have are at rush hour.
      Precisely wrong. Sex trafficking is almost everywhere, and it's completely off the radar unless you're involved in the sex trade yourself. By necessity, modern slaves are not out making sandwiches. It's underground, extremely well-hidden, and is deeply tied into the drug trade. Anywhere the cartels operate - which is to say, just about everywhere there's a major city - there's human trafficking.

GreenWagen knows what the hell he's talking about; perhaps you missed where he said he's dealt with a lot of human trafficking cases. Consider that perhaps, you don't know everything about every topic, and learn.

The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      05-01-2012 09:29 AM #5365
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      So hard to get motivated for work and school...knowing I'm going on vacation to Disney on Friday.
      We're going in June.

I can get you in touch with a good wallet rape crisis center.
      “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War's been over for 20 years,” ~ Barack Obama 2012

We are JIMP

11. 05-01-2012 10:02 AM #5366
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Precisely wrong. Sex trafficking is almost everywhere, and it's completely off the radar unless you're involved in the sex trade yourself. By necessity, modern slaves are not out making sandwiches. It's underground, extremely well-hidden, and is deeply tied into the drug trade. Anywhere the cartels operate - which is to say, just about everywhere there's a major city - there's human trafficking.

GreenWagen knows what the hell he's talking about; perhaps you missed where he said he's dealt with a lot of human trafficking cases. Consider that perhaps, you don't know everything about every topic, and learn.
      This. I'm not one to preach, but it does aggravate me when people have an attitude like that guy.

12. 05-01-2012 10:27 AM #5367
      omg...I see you got the same breifing from the guy! Shows how many times you've been to Niceville. Those russian chicks making your Subway sub here...not slaves. Miami might have a problem. LA? Not so much. The only trafficing problems we have are at rush hour

Try opening your eyes, trafficking is EVERYWHERE.
      Just because you do not see it in your protected little world, does not mean it is not happening in your state.

And this isn't "North Florida"...It's the PANHANDLE!

05-01-2012 10:48 AM #5368
      Back to your regularly scheduled ranting:

Just take the call, dammit. Stop being such a wuss that I can obviously tell you have asked your receptionist to lie for you.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-01-2012 10:53 AM #5369
      This. I'm not one to preach, but it does aggravate me when people have an attitude like that guy.
      It's that endemic intellectual equivalency - "my opinion is just as good as yours. " Doesn't matter if it's any better informed, more factual, better researched if it disagrees with one's own predetermined stance on the matter. And God forbid your ego relax enough to, say, ask a question or two to get a better idea of why the other person thinks what they do. No, defend that opinion to the death, come hell or high water!

Nobody knows everything, but everybody should have a clear idea of what they don't know, a healthy respect for the expertise and experience of others, and the mental flexibility to change your opinions if there's a good reason to. Otherwise, you're just a smartass who can't defend his opinions.

Which is another rant, come to think of it.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 05-01-2012 at 10:58 AM.

15. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      05-01-2012 11:09 AM #5370
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.FOH!! View Post
      We're going in June.

I can get you in touch with a good wallet rape crisis center.
      Luckily I've paid for most of the trip already (moderate resort, most food, park tickets, airfare, transportation). I can't believe how much it costs to be pampered by a mouse and a duck.

I'm practicing using the word "No" in response to any questions my wife and kids ask me, maybe that will save me some $ from here on out.

16. 05-01-2012 11:09 AM #5371
      Quote Originally Posted by Air-over-water View Post

Try opening your eyes, trafficking is EVERYWHERE.
      Just because you do not see it in your protected little world, does not mean it is not happening in your state.

I listened to a podcast (I know I know) a few weeks ago on trafficking. The thing that opened my eyes the most was that its not always the sex trade that is involved. Restaurants and agriculture were singled out. I never thought about it before, but they basically said a lot of what we call illegal migrant workers are actually indentured workers.

My point? Sex makes headlines, but the majority of what we'd call modern day 'slaves' are in agriculture, and there are far more of them than we think.
      Last edited by pwm; 05-01-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      05-01-2012 11:48 AM #5372
      Quote Originally Posted by Son View Post
      I can't understand people who on Facebook e.g. congratulate their s/o's on their B-day and tell them they love them and do this while they're with them. One of the most annoying things I see on Facebook.
      My wife told me to say happy birthday to my friend on facebook, after i had just got home from golfing with him.
      -Matt

18. 05-01-2012 12:02 PM #5373
      Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
      I never thought about it before, but they basically said a lot of what we call illegal migrant workers are actually indentured workers.
      Except in Texas.
      Here they are actually illegal migrant workers.
      But we do have indentured workers in other industries.

19. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      05-01-2012 12:02 PM #5374
      Quote Originally Posted by 20thAna3282 View Post
      My wife told me to say happy birthday to my friend on facebook, after i had just got home from golfing with him.
      And you did...didn't you?

20. 05-01-2012 12:31 PM #5375

Hey dickhead, you parked like this silver benz and left me hardly any room to open my door and get back in my car. Don't ****ing shoot me a look as you walk away from your car. Times that like that I wish I had a beater car and would've had no problem opening my door as far (and as hard) as possible.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-01-2012 12:32 PM #5376
      I listened to a podcast (I know I know) a few weeks ago on trafficking. The thing that opened my eyes the most was that its not always the sex trade that is involved. Restaurants and agriculture were singled out. I never thought about it before, but they basically said a lot of what we call illegal migrant workers are actually indentured workers.

My point? Sex makes headlines, but the majority of what we'd call modern day 'slaves' are in agriculture, and there are far more of them than we think.
      And a lot of them are, as you say, indentured workers - endlessly "working off" an exorbitant fee paid to those who smuggle them into the US and place them in a job, but never seeing a cent of what they "make." The distinction between that and slavery is kind of academic, but it's worth making just to clarify all the different facets of the issue.

Vehicles
      e46. zx6r
      05-01-2012 12:36 PM #5377
      Dear GasStaion (QuikTrip),

Fix your stupid pumps. I wont buy gas if its going to stop at every $1.

Then when I collect the rest of my money and go to another gas station, you get nasty with me.

F U.

Vehicles
      That there's an RV, Clark
      05-01-2012 12:39 PM #5378
      Dear Tim Horton's line up people,

First of all the ****ing queue isn't that big to begin with, move the **** forward so people can get in the door.

Secondly, why is there always some jackass male that comes in and feels the need to ask the female in front of him "is this where the line starts?" No retard, we're working backwards from the till to the door today *******.

Then the creepy older lady says "just let me hit that" as she presses the button so I can process my debit card. It was all I could do not to laugh.

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      05-01-2012 12:46 PM #5379
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      Dear Tim Horton's line up people,

First of all the ****ing queue isn't that big to begin with, move the **** forward so people can get in the door.

Secondly, why is there always some jackass male that comes in and feels the need to ask the female in front of him "is this where the line starts?" No retard, we're working backwards from the till to the door today *******.

Then the creepy older lady says "just let me hit that" as she presses the button so I can process my debit card. It was all I could do not to laugh.
      Surprisingly, every tim hortons i've been to no matter how big the lineups were all orderly and the service was like...ace. Like Veronica Vaughn ace.

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 12:50 PM #5380
      Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoShima View Post
      Surprisingly, every tim hortons i've been to no matter how big the lineups were all orderly and the service was like...ace. Like Veronica Vaughn ace.
      Yeah well some of our locals are just numptys. Actually I blame the local University whose students flood the place and stand there with 6 feet between each other with their heads down staring at their phone. Then when the cashier says "can I help who's next?" they look like a god damn deer stunned in headlights with no idea where they are. "Ummmmmmmmmmmm..... uhhhhhhh...... I will have ummmm..........."

This slows the process greatly. We get young students from all over the province and they all seem to drive like morons and are generally lacking the most basic of skills. But hey, they're smart cause they're in University right?

Vehicles
      2 57 Bel Airs 65 Corvair 66 SS396 68 Dart 73 Vette 86 Golf 97 GTI 99/04 Neons & a truck
      05-01-2012 12:52 PM #5381
      Penn State alums/students:

Do they make you sign some sort of commitment to be the worst drivers in the universe upon being accepted to that place? Some dude (when I say dude, he was actually like 50-60) in a brand new MKZ almost took my front end off on my way to Wawa, sure enough PSU plate. He just pulled out across 2 lanes of traffic, I didn't even see him look. Any time I am cut off, nearly hit, surprised by a stupid action with no blinkers, subjected to random highway hard braking, epic lane wandering, or see any other blatantly dangerous bad driving behavior, it is perpetuated by someone with at least one dumbass paw print sticker on the back of their car. There's also a direct correlation between the number of PSU-related stickers/license plates and the level of asshattery being committed.
      I wish I could say I was the only person who noticed this, but I know several people in real life who've noticed the same thing I do know people who've managed to escape Happy Valley as great drivers, so I'm puzzled. But mostly annoyed.

Yeah well some of our locals are just numptys.
      wat

Vehicles
      2003 1.8 Tango
      05-01-2012 01:21 PM #5382
      Then when the cashier says "can I help who's next..."
      I cringe every time I hear that. (Because grammar police.)

But seriously, you've been in this fast-food joint at least a hundred times, and you probably order the same thing every time. Why are you staring at the menu on the wall?
      -= DelDubs =-

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 01:30 PM #5383
      Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenspanator View Post
      wat

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numpty

29. 05-01-2012 01:39 PM #5384
      Dear Girl,

Normally I would not have gone that far out of my way to help you, as it is obvious you are dumb as a post. Thankfully, you realized that your brain was probably not your greatest asset at this point in your life. Your shirt was thin, your boobs were big, your bra was in a drawer somewhere and your left nipple was pierced. So of course I would be happy to help you. However, next time leave the boyfriend in the hall until we are done.

BLB

30. 05-01-2012 01:57 PM #5385
      I have some incredibly lazy co-workers. One finished up the roll of paper towels only to leave the cardboard roll laying on the counter in the kitchen at the office. It must've been too brutal of a 10 foot walk to the closet to grab a fresh roll. Oh, but they must be good workers with that sort of ethic.

Vehicles
      clio rs - ktm 450/505 smr - ktm 525 exc
      05-01-2012 03:07 PM #5386
      I put a pizza in the oven a while ago but I forgot to the set the timer and I can't remember when I put it in now I have to watch the oven

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      05-01-2012 03:15 PM #5387

I feel like there are human trafficking busts every quarter or so on the news and they're always based in Asian-owned nail salons or buffets.
      PSN: PhilipGTI
      Quote Originally Posted by joness0154 View Post
      If your ass looks like a Jeep after playing off-road, I don't know what to say. Change up your diet, maybe?

33. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      05-01-2012 04:16 PM #5388
      Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenspanator View Post
      Penn State alums/students:

Do they make you sign some sort of commitment to be the worst drivers in the universe upon being accepted to that place? Some dude (when I say dude, he was actually like 50-60) in a brand new MKZ almost took my front end off on my way to Wawa, sure enough PSU plate. He just pulled out across 2 lanes of traffic, I didn't even see him look. Any time I am cut off, nearly hit, surprised by a stupid action with no blinkers, subjected to random highway hard braking, epic lane wandering, or see any other blatantly dangerous bad driving behavior, it is perpetuated by someone with at least one dumbass paw print sticker on the back of their car. There's also a direct correlation between the number of PSU-related stickers/license plates and the level of asshattery being committed.
      I wish I could say I was the only person who noticed this, but I know several people in real life who've noticed the same thing I do know people who've managed to escape Happy Valley as great drivers, so I'm puzzled. But mostly annoyed.

wat
      Is it a pedo-paw?
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      2 57 Bel Airs 65 Corvair 66 SS396 68 Dart 73 Vette 86 Golf 97 GTI 99/04 Neons & a truck
      05-01-2012 04:24 PM #5389
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Is it a pedo-paw?

Vehicles
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI. 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6. 2005 Chrysler T&C.
      05-01-2012 04:38 PM #5390
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I feel like there are human trafficking busts every quarter or so on the news and they're always based in Asian-owned nail salons or buffets.
      And Places called El Pollo Rico (that happen to burn down a few months later)
      Bro, do you even lift? When you only have 90 horsepower, you don't ever lift.
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI - 1996 GTI VR6 - YouTube Track Videos - flickr

Page 154 of 344 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast