Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 161 of 343 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
    Results 5,601 to 5,635 of 11980

    Thread: This is the god damn RANT thread.

    1. Member atomicalex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2001
      Location
      Detroit and Düsseldorf
      Posts
      13,522
      Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike
      05-13-2012 03:47 AM #5601
      Before I got the Celiac diagnosis, miniwheats were my go-to snack. Oh, how I miss you, little brown rectangles of goodness!
      A(u). Klasse A, unbeschrankt, ungedrosselt
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!

      nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan

    2. Banned FBMphil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago 'burbs
      Posts
      7,930
      Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      05-13-2012 01:07 PM #5602
      Quote Originally Posted by PassSedanGLX View Post
      Update to the above:

      Mini-wheats have been sitting on top of the fridge since Friday. Never opened 'em. Got my normal appetite back.

      Eff.
      I'll paypal you $1.50 for 'em.

    3. Member OOOO-A3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2004
      Location
      KILG
      Posts
      7,322
      Vehicles
      2013 Volt
      05-13-2012 01:16 PM #5603
      All my uniform shirts stink. I've washed them before taking them to the cleaners, tried white vinegar, tried bleach (NOT recommended, since they have lycra in the material), and still they come back from the cleaners with armpit BO. I don't want to spend another $300 to replace all of them, only to have it happen again. HTF do you de-stink a rayon-poly-lycra blend shirt without destroying it?!?

      NONE of my other non-uniform shirts have this problem, I use unscented antiperspirant and don't have any significant armpit odour myself, its just these damn shirts are stink-magnets.


      **** you, shirts!

    4. Member GeoffD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2001
      Location
      Killington, Vt & South Dartmouth, Ma
      Posts
      12,393
      Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      05-13-2012 01:37 PM #5604
      Last fall, I fertilized and overseeded my lawn three times. Unfortunately, the seed also got on my crushed pea stone driveway. I spent 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours so far today pulling grass and weeds out of my driveway. The 6" closest to the granite cobblestone border is particularly well established. I probably have another 8 hours of this to go.

    5. 05-13-2012 01:49 PM #5605
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Last fall, I fertilized and overseeded my lawn three times. Unfortunately, the seed also got on my crushed pea stone driveway.
      Did you not lay down a barrier before laying the stones?

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 11th, 2009
      Location
      Lewiston, Maine
      Posts
      4,667
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      05-13-2012 01:55 PM #5606
      Quote Originally Posted by OOOO-A3 View Post
      All my uniform shirts stink. I've washed them before taking them to the cleaners, tried white vinegar, tried bleach (NOT recommended, since they have lycra in the material), and still they come back from the cleaners with armpit BO. I don't want to spend another $300 to replace all of them, only to have it happen again. HTF do you de-stink a rayon-poly-lycra blend shirt without destroying it?!?

      NONE of my other non-uniform shirts have this problem, I use unscented antiperspirant and don't have any significant armpit odour myself, its just these damn shirts are stink-magnets.


      **** you, shirts!
      lol, throw them in the freezer overnight. I had a problem with a couple t-shirts and that worked
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

    7. Banned FBMphil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago 'burbs
      Posts
      7,930
      Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      05-13-2012 01:57 PM #5607
      Quote Originally Posted by OOOO-A3 View Post
      All my uniform shirts stink. I've washed them before taking them to the cleaners, tried white vinegar, tried bleach (NOT recommended, since they have lycra in the material), and still they come back from the cleaners with armpit BO. I don't want to spend another $300 to replace all of them, only to have it happen again. HTF do you de-stink a rayon-poly-lycra blend shirt without destroying it?!?

      NONE of my other non-uniform shirts have this problem, I use unscented antiperspirant and don't have any significant armpit odour myself, its just these damn shirts are stink-magnets.
      I have a couple Nike DriFit shirts that have the same damn problem. I think it's the rayon.

    8. 05-13-2012 02:05 PM #5608
      Quote Originally Posted by FBMphil View Post
      I have a couple Nike DriFit shirts that have the same damn problem. I think it's the rayon.
      I had the same problem with some shirts, I used some Tide Sport and it seems to have helped.


    9. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      40,626
      Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-13-2012 02:05 PM #5609
      Quote Originally Posted by FBMphil View Post
      I have a couple Nike DriFit shirts that have the same damn problem. I think it's the rayon.
      Yeah this. Rayon is porous. It provides a little haven for bacteria.

      Freeze them as cold as possible for a couple days, it should help. But it'll keep coming back.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

      Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

    10. Member OOOO-A3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2004
      Location
      KILG
      Posts
      7,322
      Vehicles
      2013 Volt
      05-13-2012 02:35 PM #5610
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      freezer
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Freeze them as cold as possible for a couple days
      Just put 2 in the freezer before taking them to the cleaners tomorrow. If I were still with my scientist ex (may she DIAhexaneF) I could have put them in a -40C or -60C lab freezer


      Quote Originally Posted by FBMphil View Post
      it's the rayon.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Yeah this. Rayon is porous. It provides a little haven for bacteria.
      ...
      But it'll keep coming back.
      FML. I love the way these shirts look, feel, and are made. They're a very fitted cut, and the material is heavy, doesn't wrinkle, and is stretchy. It's like wearing a good polo shirt. This stink set in after about 4 months, though.


      Quote Originally Posted by Air-over-water View Post
      Tide Sport
      Never seen this, will look for it today. I've read "use an enzyme cleaner", but nothing at the stores says "contains BO-destroying enzymes".

    11. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      40,626
      Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-13-2012 02:36 PM #5611
      Quote Originally Posted by OOOO-A3 View Post
      my scientist ex (may she DIAhexaneF) .
      That's some pretty hardcore dyin', right there.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

      Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

    12. Banned HideYoKids's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2011
      Location
      Under a lift.
      Posts
      6,729
      Vehicles
      '73 Reg Beetle, '95 855, '97 Golf CL, '00 Forester S, '02 Jetta TDI
      05-13-2012 02:49 PM #5612
      So, I called my weekend job yesterday saying I was beyond sick and couldn't come in.

      They couldn't find a replacement for me after all the times I've replaced them while they were sick.

      So I quit. Was I out of line? Maybe. Was I also going to quit in three weeks? Yes. My personal health takes precedence over some minimum wage job, especially when I have a career I go to mon-fri.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2002
      Location
      Massapequa
      Posts
      17,352
      05-13-2012 03:07 PM #5613
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      So, I called my weekend job yesterday saying I was beyond sick and couldn't come in.

      They couldn't find a replacement for me after all the times I've replaced them while they were sick.

      So I quit. Was I out of line? Maybe. Was I also going to quit in three weeks? Yes. My personal health takes precedence over some minimum wage job, especially when I have a career I go to mon-fri.
      Honestly, that's appropriate for a minimum wage job. I did retail in college and filled in atleast 3 extra shifts a week because people called out. Then that ONE day that I called out, management told me they fired a couple people that morning and there was no one to fill in. Oh well. I no-showed.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

    14. Banned FBMphil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago 'burbs
      Posts
      7,930
      Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      05-13-2012 03:14 PM #5614
      Quote Originally Posted by Air-over-water View Post
      I had the same problem with some shirts, I used some Tide Sport and it seems to have helped.

      I've washed it in vinegar, Scentlock hunter's soap, everything--nothing got rid of my musk

    15. Member 92skirmishgti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 5th, 2005
      Location
      Sunny Los Angeles
      Posts
      3,391
      05-13-2012 03:15 PM #5615
      Damn you tree root at the top of a hill making me slide down the hill on my back!!


    16. Banned HideYoKids's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2011
      Location
      Under a lift.
      Posts
      6,729
      Vehicles
      '73 Reg Beetle, '95 855, '97 Golf CL, '00 Forester S, '02 Jetta TDI
      05-13-2012 03:30 PM #5616
      Quote Originally Posted by Big M View Post
      Honestly, that's appropriate for a minimum wage job. I did retail in college and filled in atleast 3 extra shifts a week because people called out. Then that ONE day that I called out, management told me they fired a couple people that morning and there was no one to fill in. Oh well. I no-showed.
      Been there since September, but I'm now an apprentice mechanic for a car dealership all week long, hadn't had a day off in three months and my body was falling apart.

    17. 05-13-2012 03:38 PM #5617
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      Been there since September, but I'm now an apprentice mechanic for a car dealership all week long, hadn't had a day off in three months and my body was falling apart.
      If it only took 3 months for your body to feel like it was falling about, being a mechanic might not be the right choice.
      When I was studying for my ASE certs, I was in class from 7:30am till 2:30pm working on cars then at the shop from 3-11pm every weekday plus Saturday and every other Sunday.
      If your body is already telling you it hurts, the years ahead of you are going to suck.

    18. Banned HideYoKids's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2011
      Location
      Under a lift.
      Posts
      6,729
      Vehicles
      '73 Reg Beetle, '95 855, '97 Golf CL, '00 Forester S, '02 Jetta TDI
      05-13-2012 03:39 PM #5618
      Nah, I'm used to the physical pain now, doesn't bug me anymore, my immune system said "**** you" and I've had a bad cold since Thursday.

    19. Member ModestGirl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 21st, 2012
      Location
      Charm City MD
      Posts
      470
      Vehicles
      98 Volvo V70 (Indigo Montoya) mk2 Jetta (the other woman)
      05-13-2012 08:26 PM #5619
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      MG - it's "Inigo Montoya". Unless your Volvo is blue....
      She is blue. And not so interested in revenge.

    20. Member turbinepowered's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 18th, 2007
      Location
      Southeastern US of A
      Posts
      6,351
      Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe
      05-13-2012 09:03 PM #5620
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      MG - it's "Inigo Montoya". Unless your Volvo is blue....
      If the Volvo is blue, does that make it "Indigo Montoya" instead?
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

    21. Member TheDarkEnergist's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2009
      Location
      Crooklyn
      Posts
      8,601
      Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      05-13-2012 09:35 PM #5621
      I don't have the energy to rant. Just to give my most heartfelt words I've ever written on this forum, or anywhere public:

      Keep your family close to you. Tell them you love them, and make sure first and foremost that if someone is in need, you take your personal bullsh*t, your pride, your anger, your hatred or grudges, and kick them to the curb as hard as you can and you be there for them.

      As much as any of us want to think we have important things in our lives. Nothing, NOTHING matters as much as your family. Nothing.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

    22. Member adrew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15th, 2003
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      12,643
      Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '14 Mirage, 2.7 liters total
      05-13-2012 09:52 PM #5622
      Quote Originally Posted by OOOO-A3
      Never seen this, will look for it today. I've read "use an enzyme cleaner", but nothing at the stores says "contains BO-destroying enzymes".

      Find someone with a fancy front-load washer and run it through that, along with some enzyme detergent like Era.

      I have an LG SteamWasher and it heats the water extra hot, then steams the hell out of the stuff during the cycle. It's awesome. I have oily skin and after a month or so t-shirts and pillow cases get a lingering odor. My old basic washer wouldn't get it out, even with hot water and bleach.

      But the front-load one will run a two-hour long cycle where it keeps it really hot the whole time -- it is the first time I have been able to keep pillow cases more than a couple of months.
      Last edited by adrew; 05-13-2012 at 10:00 PM.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio • Come make some hard cider

    23. Member Egz's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 30th, 2002
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      16,447
      Vehicles
      2003 Ford Focus 2.3, 2006 Ford Fusion 2.3 Turbo, 2014 Fiesta SE 1.0T
      05-14-2012 11:03 AM #5623
      Ugh, painting. I am not a fan. Disliked the color my guest bath was painted, so spent the weekend painting it. Prep, prime, prime, color, de-prep. And now I had that much time still left to do in details, because of the piss poor job they did. Paint on ceiling? Check. Primed, and now I need to color match. Paint on tub? Check. Paint on medicine cabinet mirror? Check, but now cleaned off. And on top of that, there is the fine lines where masking covered up a little of the original color, so I'll have to go back with a small brush to touch up all those areas.

    24. Member ModestGirl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 21st, 2012
      Location
      Charm City MD
      Posts
      470
      Vehicles
      98 Volvo V70 (Indigo Montoya) mk2 Jetta (the other woman)
      05-14-2012 11:14 AM #5624
      Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post
      If the Volvo is blue, does that make it "Indigo Montoya" instead?
      That is her name. See under my SN over there
      <--------

      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      I don't have the energy to rant. Just to give my most heartfelt words I've ever written on this forum, or anywhere public:

      Keep your family close to you. Tell them you love them, and make sure first and foremost that if someone is in need, you take your personal bullsh*t, your pride, your anger, your hatred or grudges, and kick them to the curb as hard as you can and you be there for them.

      As much as any of us want to think we have important things in our lives. Nothing, NOTHING matters as much as your family. Nothing.
      I hope everything is ok. Those are not things people say when life is just going along all hunkie doorie.

      Still no rants...Monday and raining, but it could be worse.

    25. Member Marshmallow Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 16th, 2004
      Location
      Chicago-The Low End
      Posts
      10,010
      Vehicles
      Work Car
      05-14-2012 11:18 AM #5625
      Buy Buy Baby Lazy Employees and Crazy Customers I wanna punch

    26. 05-14-2012 11:19 AM #5626
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Last fall, I fertilized and overseeded my lawn three times. Unfortunately, the seed also got on my crushed pea stone driveway. I spent 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours so far today pulling grass and weeds out of my driveway. The 6" closest to the granite cobblestone border is particularly well established. I probably have another 8 hours of this to go.
      Are you RoundUp adverse?

    27. Member Robstr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 8th, 2006
      Location
      South Bend, IN
      Posts
      1,629
      Vehicles
      '07 Mini Cooper S, '91 318is Frankenstien With a built eta swap.
      05-14-2012 11:34 AM #5627
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Are you RoundUp adverse?
      Really, kill it with poison. **** that digging-it-up/pulling it noise.
      All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

    28. Member Surf Green's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Silver Spring, GerryMarylandering
      Posts
      11,627
      Vehicles
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI. 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6. 2015 Forester (Wife)
      05-14-2012 11:42 AM #5628
      Quote Originally Posted by Robstr View Post
      Really, kill it with poison. **** that digging-it-up/pulling it noise.
      Totally. I don't like Roundup, and I won't use it near my vegetable garden... but for grassy weeds that start encroaching into the driveway/patio... they get it.
      Bro, do you even lift? When you only have 90 horsepower, you don't ever lift.
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI - 1996 GTI VR6 - YouTube Track Videos - flickr

    29. Member Shin Akuma's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2011
      Location
      Randallstown, MD
      Posts
      144
      Vehicles
      2006 VW Passat 3.6
      05-14-2012 12:53 PM #5629
      Dolan comics aren't funny.
      That's all I got for now.

    30. 05-14-2012 01:48 PM #5630
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      Totally. I don't like Roundup, and I won't use it near my vegetable garden... but for grassy weeds that start encroaching into the driveway/patio... they get it.
      I take my sprayer and pretend im in Vietnam circa 1967 spraying Agent Orange all over my gravel drive way about one a month. Then I spray the neighbors yard, but that's another story.

    31. Member Slipstream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Omaha, NE
      Posts
      10,156
      Vehicles
      WRB ZC6L
      05-14-2012 01:54 PM #5631
      Home appraisers are quite possibly the most self-absorbed, over-confident douche canoes on the planet. Hey *******, learn how to do your job, and accept the fact that you are human and therefore fallible. 10% under the agreed-upon contract price (especially when two other people made similar offers within THREE DAYS of listing) implies that maybe, just maybe, you're incompetent. And when three different agents send you comps suggesting that you adjust your appraisal, stamping your feet and sticking your fingers in your ears just makes you an even bigger fool.
      14 torque-less wonder | 08 sorority special | seventwosix | flickr

      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      The motto of TCL should be: If you build it, we will consider it. Used. In a few years.

    32. Member Slipstream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Omaha, NE
      Posts
      10,156
      Vehicles
      WRB ZC6L
      05-14-2012 02:09 PM #5632
      Quote Originally Posted by OOOO-A3 View Post
      Just put 2 in the freezer before taking them to the cleaners tomorrow. If I were still with my scientist ex (may she DIAhexaneF) I could have put them in a -40C or -60C lab freezer





      FML. I love the way these shirts look, feel, and are made. They're a very fitted cut, and the material is heavy, doesn't wrinkle, and is stretchy. It's like wearing a good polo shirt. This stink set in after about 4 months, though.



      Never seen this, will look for it today. I've read "use an enzyme cleaner", but nothing at the stores says "contains BO-destroying enzymes".
      Stupid question, but do you wear undershirts? I don't go anywhere without one, and none of my dress shirts have BO/pit stains.
      14 torque-less wonder | 08 sorority special | seventwosix | flickr

      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      The motto of TCL should be: If you build it, we will consider it. Used. In a few years.

    33. Member Egz's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 30th, 2002
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      16,447
      Vehicles
      2003 Ford Focus 2.3, 2006 Ford Fusion 2.3 Turbo, 2014 Fiesta SE 1.0T
      05-14-2012 02:43 PM #5633
      Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
      Stupid question, but do you wear undershirts? I don't go anywhere without one, and none of my dress shirts have BO/pit stains.
      That's what I do. I rather throw out a $5 tee than spend another $40 on a dress shirt.

      (plus, I'm always cold, so it helps keep me warm)

    34. Member Kar98's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 20th, 2002
      Location
      DFW
      Posts
      7,371
      Vehicles
      2007 Stark Industries Runabout 1500
      05-14-2012 05:33 PM #5634
      Quote Originally Posted by Egz View Post
      Ugh, painting. I am not a fan. Disliked the color my guest bath was painted, so spent the weekend painting it. Prep, prime, prime, color, de-prep. And now I had that much time still left to do in details, because of the piss poor job they did. Paint on ceiling? Check. Primed, and now I need to color match. Paint on tub? Check. Paint on medicine cabinet mirror? Check, but now cleaned off. And on top of that, there is the fine lines where masking covered up a little of the original color, so I'll have to go back with a small brush to touch up all those areas.
      Real painters don't use masking tape.

    35. Member CodeMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2006
      Location
      Denverish
      Posts
      7,737
      Vehicles
      Scirocco 16v, E34 540i
      05-14-2012 05:35 PM #5635
      Quote Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
      Real painters don't use masking tape.
      I'm not a real painter, but yes, I find it only gives me false confidence.
      The blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad.

      Tschüß Gilda
      Hallo Birgit

    Page 161 of 343 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •