Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 226 of 480 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
    Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 11980

Thread: This is the god damn RANT thread.

Vehicles
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI. 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6. 2015 Forester (Wife)
      05-14-2012 10:42 AM #5626
      Quote Originally Posted by Robstr View Post
      Really, kill it with poison. **** that digging-it-up/pulling it noise.
      Totally. I don't like Roundup, and I won't use it near my vegetable garden... but for grassy weeds that start encroaching into the driveway/patio... they get it.
      I keep up with traffic with only 90 hp. What's your superpower?
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI - 1996 GTI VR6 - YouTube Track Videos - flickr

Vehicles
      2006 VW Passat 3.6
      05-14-2012 11:53 AM #5627
      Dolan comics aren't funny.
      That's all I got for now.

3. 05-14-2012 12:48 PM #5628
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      Totally. I don't like Roundup, and I won't use it near my vegetable garden... but for grassy weeds that start encroaching into the driveway/patio... they get it.
      I take my sprayer and pretend im in Vietnam circa 1967 spraying Agent Orange all over my gravel drive way about one a month. Then I spray the neighbors yard, but that's another story.

Vehicles
      Bork bork bork!
      05-14-2012 12:54 PM #5629
      Home appraisers are quite possibly the most self-absorbed, over-confident douche canoes on the planet. Hey *******, learn how to do your job, and accept the fact that you are human and therefore fallible. 10% under the agreed-upon contract price (especially when two other people made similar offers within THREE DAYS of listing) implies that maybe, just maybe, you're incompetent. And when three different agents send you comps suggesting that you adjust your appraisal, stamping your feet and sticking your fingers in your ears just makes you an even bigger fool.
      09 gti | 10 xc70 | seventwosix | flickr

Vehicles
      Bork bork bork!
      05-14-2012 01:09 PM #5630
      Quote Originally Posted by OOOO-A3 View Post
      Just put 2 in the freezer before taking them to the cleaners tomorrow. If I were still with my scientist ex (may she DIAhexaneF) I could have put them in a -40C or -60C lab freezer

FML. I love the way these shirts look, feel, and are made. They're a very fitted cut, and the material is heavy, doesn't wrinkle, and is stretchy. It's like wearing a good polo shirt. This stink set in after about 4 months, though.

Never seen this, will look for it today. I've read "use an enzyme cleaner", but nothing at the stores says "contains BO-destroying enzymes".
      Stupid question, but do you wear undershirts? I don't go anywhere without one, and none of my dress shirts have BO/pit stains.
      09 gti | 10 xc70 | seventwosix | flickr

Vehicles
      2006 Ford Fusion 2.3 Turbo, 2014 Fiesta SE 1.0T
      05-14-2012 01:43 PM #5631
      Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
      Stupid question, but do you wear undershirts? I don't go anywhere without one, and none of my dress shirts have BO/pit stains.
      That's what I do. I rather throw out a $5 tee than spend another $40 on a dress shirt.

(plus, I'm always cold, so it helps keep me warm)

Vehicles
      2007 Stark Industries Runabout 1500
      05-14-2012 04:33 PM #5632
      Quote Originally Posted by Egz View Post
      Ugh, painting. I am not a fan. Disliked the color my guest bath was painted, so spent the weekend painting it. Prep, prime, prime, color, de-prep. And now I had that much time still left to do in details, because of the piss poor job they did. Paint on ceiling? Check. Primed, and now I need to color match. Paint on tub? Check. Paint on medicine cabinet mirror? Check, but now cleaned off. And on top of that, there is the fine lines where masking covered up a little of the original color, so I'll have to go back with a small brush to touch up all those areas.
      Real painters don't use masking tape.

Vehicles
      Scirocco 16v, E34 540i
      05-14-2012 04:35 PM #5633
      Quote Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
      I'm not a real painter, but yes, I find it only gives me false confidence.
      The blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad.

Tschüß Gilda, Hallo Birgit

Vehicles
      2 89 Cabriolets, 89 Jetta, 83 Caddy 07 A6 Avant,2012 powerwheels Jeep
      05-14-2012 06:11 PM #5634
      Unless they drive a MK4 Golf.
      Sent from my Droid using an escape pod to Tattoine.

Quote Originally Posted by mad8vskillz View Post
      they're trying to skip out on their contracts via rapture. not very christian of them

Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe
      05-14-2012 06:14 PM #5635
      [QUOTE=ModestGirl;77375479]That is her name. See under my SN over there
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Vehicles
      2006 Ford Fusion 2.3 Turbo, 2014 Fiesta SE 1.0T
      05-14-2012 06:44 PM #5636
      Good thing, because I'm like the anti-painter. I wish it was more like Photoshop. Select, fill, done.

Vehicles
      2012 Chevrolet Cruze
      05-14-2012 06:53 PM #5637
      Seeing people my age and younger driving brand new or near new BMWs, Audis, Mercedes Benzes, Nissans, and Mazdas. It's infuriating.
      Kegels - Team MLP
      Pearl Jam - Hartford 10 | Soundgarden - Mansfield 11 | Chris Cornell - Torrington 11 | Rush - Bridgeport 12 | Soundgarden - NYC 13 | Soundgarden - Wallingford 13 | Pearl Jam - Worcester 13 | Chris Cornell - New Haven 13 | Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hartford 14 | Steely Dan - Wallingford 2014

Vehicles
      2002 1.8T GTI
      05-14-2012 06:58 PM #5638
      I really have no where else to put this so i'm typing it here.

in mid 2008 (17 at the time) i lost almost all of my friends over something stupid involving my girlfriend at the time. ex-friends pretty much tortured me psychologically through FB and Xbox live and the phone.

a few months later in late 2008 (18 then) i was diagnosed with cancer. i turned to my ex-friends hoping to have there support, and that we could move on over the silly reason we lost touch. i only told those who were my closest friends at the time we lost touch, and they told everyone else. during the phone calls they really didnt have anything to say (one even asked if they should be worried if it was contagious ) , and i only heard from or saw one of them while i was sick. and the only reason i did was because he was dating my then GFs sister. so he was pretty much forced to. no one came to visit me, no one called, nothing. most of the BS they put me through like fake FB profiles stopped but some of the crap like anonymous xbox live messages continued. they even mocked me for having cancer in one of them.

anyway mid 2009 i was finished with chemo and the doctor said the cancer was gone.

that was a long time ago and i like to think that that time in my life is done with and i have moved on and no longer hear from or deal with those people. i like to think that i have gotten over it but sometimes it still hurts to know that the people i had been friends with for years, even someone who was my friend since 1st grade, could turn there back on me.

but the reason why i am posting this is because today i learned in my cancer biology class that friendship (meaning have more than 1 friend) leads to an overall survivability from cancer by 4X. because i lost those friends at the time of diagnosis i only had my family and my GF for support. this just brought up some really old and not so good memories. it just makes me feel more abandoned even more and learning this really put me in a bad place today. i felt that maybe typing this out would help, which it did.

that's my rant. i doubt anyone has similar experience and could give advice on the situation. sometimes i think about getting in touch with them and telling them off. but then i realize that they're not even worth the time or the energy. and just incase anyone was wondering, i have made plenty of friends since then and have been cancer free since april 2009
      OTC

Vehicles
      '73 Reg Beetle, '95 855, '97 Golf CL, '00 Forester S, '02 Jetta TDI
      05-14-2012 07:03 PM #5639
      Quote Originally Posted by DonPatrizio View Post
      Seeing people my age and younger driving brand new or near new BMWs, Audis, Mercedes Benzes, Nissans, and Mazdas. It's infuriating.
      Why is nissan and Mazda in there?

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-14-2012 07:12 PM #5640
      Why? Either their parents pay for them, or they have a giant car payment and mooch off of their parents. As long as someone lives off of their parents, no matter how old they are, they are still children. Grownups earn what they have.

Act like a grown up and you will see that you can still pull more ass in a hoopty than children in their parents' sponsored sedan.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

Vehicles
      2007 Stark Industries Runabout 1500
      05-14-2012 07:32 PM #5641
      Quote Originally Posted by CodeMan View Post
      I'm not a real painter, but yes, I find it only gives me false confidence.
      You get much crisper and straighter lines freehanding them, and it's really not that hard to do.

Vehicles
      2013 Focus - turbo edition
      05-14-2012 07:37 PM #5642
      Quote Originally Posted by Run L1ke H3LL View Post
      I really have no where else to put this so i'm typing it here.
      Not sure if rant or success or what. Either way - glad to hear you're doing well.
      Quote Originally Posted by feliks View Post
      I do not want to think what would have happened, if as a result of the vibrations, the resulting leaks in the fuel pool and the water came out of it ... Almost as a result of radiation inside the building and its three filling remains, you can not to re-seal it. ..

Therefore, even mild disturbances such methods may be used: diamond cut rope ..

Vehicles
      2002 1.8T GTI
      05-14-2012 08:43 PM #5643
      Quote Originally Posted by sjt1985 View Post
      Not sure if rant or success or what. Either way - glad to hear you're doing well.
      it's a rant about things that happened a long time ago. everything worked out in the end i just needed to vent
      OTC

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      05-14-2012 09:06 PM #5644
      Why? They took loans out and are now in debt on something that depreciates. They're stupid!

19 year old I know says she's dating someone that's "rich" because he drives a WRX and bought a house. No, he's in debt up to his eyeballs and he can get loans because he has a decent paying job. That's not rich. I have no debts and own my own car and place. Does that make me "rich" I don't think so. dumb girls
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

20. 05-14-2012 09:12 PM #5645
      Quote Originally Posted by sjt1985 View Post
      sjt1985 nailed it.

Also, be consoled that those *******s were NOT friends. They were immature self-centered scum, and you are definitely better off without them in your life.

Best of luck to you, staying cancer-free! IF you don't already have a pet, you'd do well to consider getting on. Check the beneficial effects of pet ownership when going through any life-threatening experience; you'll find that having one will give you an amazing edge in beating the threat!

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 09:15 PM #5646
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Why? Either their parents pay for them, or they have a giant car payment and mooch off of their parents. As long as someone lives off of their parents, no matter how old they are, they are still children. Grownups earn what they have.

Act like a grown up and you will see that you can still pull more ass in a hoopty than children in their parents' sponsored sedan.
      This. I drive a 1997 Golf, and a 95 Volvo 850, but I've bought them with my own coin, and worked hard for them. Rather have my pieces of **** than a new car given to me

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      05-14-2012 09:20 PM #5647
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      This. I drive a 1997 Golf, and a 95 Volvo 850, but I've bought them with my own coin, and worked hard for them. Rather have my pieces of **** than a new car given to me
      No you wouldn't. If your parents offered you a new 335i you'd be thrilled. It's okay to admit you'd like it if someone else bought you something nice. It's retarded to demand that they do or get upset if they don't, but it's allowed to be happy if they do.

23. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MkVII GTI, E9
      05-14-2012 09:42 PM #5648
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      No you wouldn't. If your parents offered you a new 335i you'd be thrilled. It's okay to admit you'd like it if someone else bought you something nice. It's retarded to demand that they do or get upset if they don't, but it's allowed to be happy if they do.
      This. When I was 16 I drove a then brand new E39. When I got out of college, I went and bought my own. I only like my 540 more because it's faster.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      My 2800CS #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 09:49 PM #5649
      Yeah, you've got a point.

Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      05-14-2012 09:50 PM #5650
      "No thanks, ma. Can't have you paying my car insurance and cooking me dinner when I could be eating dog sh*t and riding my high horse, Principle to work at a gas station so I can feel better than some dudes on the World Wide Web."

Page 226 of 480 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast