Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" (kinda)

Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      10-05-2011 04:08 PM #36
      *** EDIT: this is now confirmed to be fan fiction. Read for entertainment purposes only. ***

Leaked detailed plot synopsis? Maybe?

I have no idea if this is real. Someone posted it at one of the fanboy sites, claiming to have gotten it from IMDB originally.

BIG BIG BIG SPOILERS

PROMETHEUS

CAST
      Elizabeth Shaw...Noomi Rapace
      Rayden Holloway...Logan Marshall-Green
      Meredith Vickers...Charlize Theron
      David 4.0...Michael Fassbender
      Jeremiah Janek...Idris Elba
      Theo Zedmore...Guy Pearce
      Logan...Ben Foster
      Ravel...Benedict Wong
      Chance...Emun Elliot
      Mudow...Kate Dickie
      Yuri...Rafe Spall
      Aldrich...Frank Kelly
      Francis...Sean Harris
      Siena...Tal Berkovich
      Lettap...James Payton
      Tembrook...Tuppence Middleton

Earth. The beginnings of our world. In an opening montage, we watch as our primordial planet is terraformed and bioformed by seemingly all-powerful, Godlike alien entities…the ENGINEERS. The seeds of life are introduced to Earth for the first time by these fantastic extra-terrestrials, who have the power to create and manipulate both mechanical and biological matter at will. The montage ends as the earliest genetic recipe for life is sent forth from the Engineers’ massive, towering CITADEL in the dark desert.

The desolate desert of Africa: 2085. The prehistoric ruins of the Engineers’ Citadel is discovered by a corporate construction team tasked with building a nuclear-powered comm-array in the wilderness. Amidst the ancient remains are found highly advanced, biomechanical relics with are determined to be of extra-terrestrial origin. This catches the attention of the mega-conglomerate WEYLAND-YUTANI CORPOTATION, who finances a massive archaeological excavation of the citadel in the hopes of reverse-engineering the alien biotech for financial gain. Running the operation is MEREDITH VICKERS, a cold, calculating corporate executive, who recruits intelligent and independent astrophysicist DR. ELIZABETH SHAW to head up the research team. Assisting Dr. Shaw are xenoarchaeologist DR. THEO ZEDMORE and her fellow astrophysicist DR. LOGAN. Shaw uncovers the secret of the citadel when she discovers a chamber of star charts, which seem to lead the way to the home planet of the Engineers. Also uncovered is evidence suggesting that the Engineers had a database of all life on Earth, and may even have been responsible for its creation including Man.

In a partially-submerged MANHATTAN, Vickers meets with Dr. Shaw and an OPO, (Off-Planet-Officer), CAPTAIN JERAMIAH JANEK, and plans a space mission following the discovered star charts in an effort to find and make first contact with the Engineers. For the scientists and explorers onboard, it will be a journey of discovery, but for Vickers, it’s merely a way of obtaining new technology so that Weyland-Yutani may retain the lead in the competitive race to establish colonies off-world.

The depths of space: 2090. A highly-advanced, top-of-the-line ISRV (Interstellar Research Vessel) PROMETHEUS decelerates as it reaches its target solar system. The vessel’s crew emerges from their cryo-chambers. Along with Elizabeth Shaw, Theo Zedmore, Logan, Meredith Vickers, and Captain Janek, the crew of the Prometheus is comprised of: First Officer MUDOW, Security Officer RAYDEN HOLLOWAY, Navigator CHANCE, Helm Officer RAVEL, Operations Android DAVID 4.0, Political Officer ALDRICH, Medical Officer FRANCIS, Engineer YURI, and Technical Officers SIENA, LETTUP, and TEMBROOK. The crew gets acclimated to their removal from cryo-sleep, their muscles in atrophy from five years without use. Holloway assists Shaw in her physical therapy exercises.

The crew prepares for arrival at the home planet of the Engineers. Shaw and Holloway are instantly attracted to each other, initiating a romantic relationship. However, as they enter the Zeta 2 Reticuli star system, Prometheus encounters a massive disturbance which hadn’t appeared on scanners, one even more powerful than a black hole: a wormhole in space. Prometheus is sucked into the wormhole, and after a harrowing ride, emerges on the other end. The ship crashes on a barren planet, which the damaged computer system identifies as the mission’s final destination.

The crew sets about attempting to repair the Prometheus, while Elizabeth Shaw leads a recon expedition to investigate nearby structures, which turn out to be a cavernous Engineer temple. Inside the temple, Shaw’s team encounters a bizarre BIO-BRAIN, a biomechanical humanoid face set within a towering pillar, as well as thousands of seemingly primitive URNS. David takes several of the urns back to the vessel for analysis.

Investigating the urns, David discovers that they contain the genetic material for thousands of species within a viscous liquid called BIOFORMER which can rewrite any living organism on a cellular level. Basically, possession of the substance gives its owner the power to create life. Vickers interacts with David and seemingly innocently leads to the Bioformer infecting David through a cut in his finger.

Within the depths of the Temple, we find several living Engineers who discover the transgression of the Humans, and remotely rewrite the stolen Bioformer to make it into a weapon. The Engineers capture Holloway and run a number of horrific experiments on him, injecting him with the Bioformer and allowing him to return to the vessel.

Subsequently, the crew of the Prometheus begins to fall victim to the now weaponized substance, as the “carrier” Holloway injects Ravel, Zedmore, Francis, Siena, Lettup, and Tembrook. The victims begin to lose their humanity and slowly transform, experiencing nightmarish visions and hallucinations and making pilgrimages to the depths of the Temple to receive instructions from the Bio-Brain. Holloway, in particular, is resistant to the transformation, fighting against the alien influence with his feelings for Shaw and his responsibilities as security officer. Meanwhile, David finds that the Bioformer is making him into a biological being…making him Human. The crew also finds that their trip through the wormhole took them back hundreds of millions of years and they are actually stranded on primordial Earth, having moved through space and time.

Eventually, as alien influence and the continued lurking presence of the Engineers becomes clear, the crew of the Prometheus turns on each other as the infected human victims fully mutate into PROTOFORMS: vicious, skeletal alien monstrosities which proceed to assault the unaffected Human crew through the halls of the Prometheus.

Mudow, Logan, Chance, Aldrich, Yuri, and Janek end up being destroyed by the Protoforms. In a strange, erotic ceremony, the Protoforms seemingly mate with the Bio-Brain and each other to create thousands of EGGS, the first of a new generation of the monsters. Meredith Vickers is revealed to be a sleeper CONSTRUCT of the Engineers, who are still active in their far future and Shaw’s present due to the time-travelling abilities of the wormhole. Vickers was grown in an Engineer lab but escaped, fleeing to Earth while always wanting to her find creators and take their power. The Engineers activate Vickers’ secondary GENE PROGRAMMING, and she transforms into an ALPHA PROTOFORM: the STAR BEAST.

At last, the two remaining crew members, Elizabeth Shaw and David, seek to confront the Engineers in the Temple. The Godlike entities prove to be utterly evil, and David sacrifices himself as he’s dissolved in the LIFE SEED BIOFORMER which is the basic genetic recipe for MAN: the former android David, it turns out, is the basis for all Mankind. Shaw is captured by Holloway, but he regains enough of his humanity to remotely activate an Engineer vessel for Shaw’s escape, then holds the other Protoforms and Engineers at bay. As Shaw escapes, she finds herself in the midst of the initial Engineer terraforming of Earth which we had witnessed in the opening montage, chased by the former Meredith Vickers who is now the gigantic, horrific Star Beast.

Shaw makes to her escape vessel which blasts off for the wormhole, Holloway fighting the Star Beast with both falling into the wormhole and disappearing. An Engineer PILOT detaches from the Temple in a FAMILIAR VESSEL and follows Shaw, but is lost in the wormhole. Shaw emerges above the Earth of her present day; however, she’s deemed insane and responsible for the loss of her expedition and confined to a psychiatric hospital by the Company. It’s implied that there are at least some of those who believe Shaw’s tale, but have silenced her as part of a cover-up.

In the final scene, we see the vessel of the Engineer that was chasing Elizabeth Shaw emerge from the wormhole in the Zeta 2 Reticuli star system, still in the prehistoric past, and crash on a nearby planetoid, the Engineer Pilot helplessly lost and the EGGS in the ship’s cargo hold stirring as something alive moves from within…

The Beginning

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/comm.../topic/127#984
      Last edited by dubfan; 11-27-2011 at 10:00 PM.
      "Personally, I believe that 'fairness' consists in the fruits of my labor not being taken by corrupt hacks to redistribute to their cronies in exchange for votes." -- Glenn Reynolds

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      10-05-2011 04:23 PM #37
      I want to read, but at the same time I don't want the spoilers. Damn.

Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      10-05-2011 04:48 PM #38
      Spoiler-free version:

Nothing inconsistent with what we already know.

Very compelling story with at least one major twist. Assuming the film-making part turns out, Alien fans will be VERY happy with the story. It is VERY cool -- certainly worthy of being a proper prequel for the films.

If you want to remain spoiler-free, definitely do not read!

Again, I'm not sure if this is the real deal or not, but there's nothing inconsistent with what we already know, and it would be very much in line with the overall arc of the prior movies in the franchise (except the AvP stuff, I guess -- never saw those).
      "Personally, I believe that 'fairness' consists in the fruits of my labor not being taken by corrupt hacks to redistribute to their cronies in exchange for votes." -- Glenn Reynolds

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      10-05-2011 04:59 PM #39
      I heard that the real deal trailer came out then it was pulled.
      Any VWs made after 92 are usually only good for drive train donors.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 2005 Vstrom 650
      10-06-2011 08:02 AM #40
      I read the spoilers - sounds hokey. Can't really talk about it more than that or else I'll spoil it for everyone else

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      10-06-2011 04:16 PM #41
      ^^ I agree but I will still go see

7. Member
      Vehicles
      10-06-2011 05:46 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by demonmk2 View Post
      ^^ I agree but I will still go see
      I'll see it too - on DVD when it's available

8. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      10-06-2011 11:14 PM #43
      I can't wait for this.

Vehicles
      Why don't you take a seat over there
      10-10-2011 09:25 AM #44
      In for following epicness
      Sent on a Post-It by way of carrier pigeon

Vehicles
      1988 Audi 90 Quattro (out to pasture), 1992 GTI 16V, 2010 Audi TT S-Line
      10-10-2011 11:49 AM #45
      The premise sounds great. It seems like there are some "connection points" for the HR Giger-styling we've previously seen.

I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it stays focused on the story and style and doesn't turn into a movie version of a video game.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      10-10-2011 01:52 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Jman5000 View Post
      The premise sounds great. It seems like there are some "connection points" for the HR Giger-styling we've previously seen.

I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it stays focused on the story and style and doesn't turn into a movie version of a video game.
      Already sounds like it based on the synopsis listed above. Actually, sounds more like a bad B movie, but can't talk anymore about it without going into the spoilers.

Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      10-10-2011 04:02 PM #47
      Just so everybody's clear --

I have no idea if that synopsis I posted earlier (and the spoilers within) are actually true. They were supposedly sourced from IMDB, but no one knows for sure if it was a leak of the real story or a fake.

All I can say for sure is that nothing in the leaked synopsis is inconsistent with what we know for a fact from info that's already confirmed.

Best not to put too much stock into it, positive or negative, at this point.

FWIW, I sent it to AICN to see if they could confirm it as real, but I never heard back from them.

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      10-10-2011 05:27 PM #48
      I'm sure if that's not it, it's pretty close to the story.
      it will have a very interesting twist in the whole scheme of things in the end if that is correct in the spoiler.

Vehicles
      1988 Audi 90 Quattro (out to pasture), 1992 GTI 16V, 2010 Audi TT S-Line
      10-10-2011 05:54 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      Already sounds like it based on the synopsis listed above.
      That's what I was referring. I didn't want to outwardly reference the hidden synopsis.

Actually, sounds more like a bad B movie, but can't talk anymore about it without going into the spoilers.
      Well that's completely subjective. I'm putting faith in Scott to do the opposite of AVP, Requiem, etc. I think the details of the premise will resonate more w/the superfans, but if handled correctly they'll make it stand alone.

15. 10-11-2011 01:11 AM #50
      I'll obviously be seeing this...the space jockey had some interesting background provided in some old ALIENS books I read a long time ago. I'm not sure if it was official lore though.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      10-12-2011 08:08 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Jman5000 View Post
      That's what I was referring. I didn't want to outwardly reference the hidden synopsis.

Well that's completely subjective. I'm putting faith in Scott to do the opposite of AVP, Requiem, etc. I think the details of the premise will resonate more w/the superfans, but if handled correctly they'll make it stand alone.
      Yeah I know - I hope the synopsis isn't correct either. I don't want another Star Wars prequel fiasco

Vehicles
      FR-S
      10-13-2011 09:47 PM #52
      I read the first half of the spoiler. I won't read the second. Sounds good so far
      Speed:Sport:Life
      History | Some Caymans | 2011 Mustang GT | Diesel Benz | 3 Civics | 91 Galant VR4

Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, MKIV TDI
      10-20-2011 01:40 PM #53
      Everything from "massive disturbance" on sounds like ass to me.
      Brought to you by Carl's Jr ©

Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      11-26-2011 03:51 PM #54
      SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Get it quick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3idSf...layer_embedded

Vehicles
      11-26-2011 03:56 PM #55
      Oh snap! That looks awesome.

21. 11-26-2011 10:21 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
      SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Get it quick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3idSf...layer_embedded
      Uh... I hope someone fixes the text before it goes public.

"COULD BE IT'S END."

Sorry... grammar pet peeve .
      Bowtie wearing, tattooed, Mustang driver

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I was more annoyed with the implication of being a Browns fan.

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      11-27-2011 08:37 PM #57
      GD!!! I missed it it's been deleted

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      11-27-2011 08:47 PM #58
      Someone filmed it off a PC screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT8dz2Q0Bng
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

24. Member
      Vehicles
      11-27-2011 09:22 PM #59
      Ugh, can't hardly make anything out from it. When does the trailer release officially? Anyone know?

Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      11-27-2011 09:59 PM #60
      Ugh, can't hardly make anything out from it. When does the trailer release officially? Anyone know?
      No one knows.

Speculation is that it could be attached to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (mid-December), or that it might be as far away as Jan. 20.

Btw, the synopsis I posted earlier with the spoiler warnings? Definitely fan fiction. Disregard.

Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, MKIV TDI
      12-01-2011 03:01 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
      No one knows.

Speculation is that it could be attached to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (mid-December), or that it might be as far away as Jan. 20.

Btw, the synopsis I posted earlier with the spoiler warnings? Definitely fan fiction. Disregard.
      Good, because after reading that Prometheus went from being my most anticipated movie in probably the past 5 years to Battlefield Earth level of interest.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      12-03-2011 01:45 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by einvolk View Post
      Good, because after reading that Prometheus went from being my most anticipated movie in probably the past 5 years to Battlefield Earth level of interest.
      I had been thinking the same thing

Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, MKIV TDI
      12-14-2011 06:52 PM #63

29. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      12-15-2011 07:04 AM #64
      I love that poster.

Vehicles
      KITT 2000
      12-15-2011 11:04 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      I love that poster.
      x2

now if they would only release the damn trailer!

Vehicles
      12-15-2011 12:35 PM #66
      I bet we get a trailer with one of the winter blockbusters coming out soon. Probably not MI4, but I could see it being attached to Girl With a Dragon Tattoo.

Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      12-15-2011 01:00 PM #67
      There are some hi-res versions of that poster on the web, and off to Noomi's right, in the foreground, is what people have speculated is a dead space jockey. In the hi-res version, if you zoom in, you can see his rib cage.

And a bunch of ampules are ahead of her, to the left.

Hard to make out in the resolution posted here, though.

Vehicles
      2008 Outback
      12-15-2011 02:15 PM #68
      Wow, never heard of this movie until now.
      Ravens&
      Bohs&
      Crabs&
      O's.

Vehicles
      Gti 16v, 07' 4Runner
      12-15-2011 04:12 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by einvolk View Post
      I can print posters of anyone is interested.
      $20 shipped for a 24x18 full color, making one for myself right now

35. 12-17-2011 04:55 AM #70
      It looks like they just added (6) photos.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/mediaindex

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast