Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Results 281 to 315 of 935

    Thread: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" (kinda)

    1. Senior Member J-Tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2000
      Location
      Kangaroo-infested Austria
      Posts
      31,877
      Vehicles
      German/American/French
      04-03-2012 08:02 PM #281
      Quote Originally Posted by SSj4G60 View Post
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

    2. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,156
      04-03-2012 11:34 PM #282
      Quote Originally Posted by SSj4G60 View Post

    3. Member 20DYNAMITE07's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2007
      Location
      DC Metro Area
      Posts
      5,700
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      04-04-2012 01:22 PM #283
      Just gonna put this here because I figured this crowd would appreciate it...

      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

    4. Member Espresso's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2011
      Location
      Vortex stalking since 2004
      Posts
      196
      Vehicles
      2010 TDi - 2010 Street Triple R
      04-04-2012 03:25 PM #284
      Quote Originally Posted by 20DYNAMITE07 View Post
      Just gonna put this here because I figured this crowd would appreciate it...


      Lol is that the cookie munster NOM NOM NOM
      Qua Patet Orbis - As Far As The World Extends

    5. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,156
      04-04-2012 03:30 PM #285
      Much appreciated.

    6. Member 20DYNAMITE07's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2007
      Location
      DC Metro Area
      Posts
      5,700
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      04-04-2012 03:50 PM #286
      Quote Originally Posted by Espresso View Post
      Lol is that the cookie munster NOM NOM NOM

      He's from Sesame Street, but that's not cookie. He's one of the little aliens that say "Yip... yip yip yip yip yip yip..."
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

    7. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,156
      04-04-2012 04:00 PM #287
      Yip yip aliens.

      Only those that have seen Sesame Street a thousand times will know it.


    8. Member 20DYNAMITE07's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2007
      Location
      DC Metro Area
      Posts
      5,700
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      04-04-2012 04:05 PM #288
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      Yip yip aliens.

      Only those that have seen Sesame Street a thousand times will know it.

      Flash knows what's up... he's a daddy, and as such, he's spent some time on the (Sesame) streets.
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

    9. Member Voodoo.T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2002
      Location
      Minneapolis
      Posts
      10,897
      Vehicles
      2009 R56 S, 1987 E30
      04-04-2012 09:52 PM #289
      Damn, I completely forgot about those guys til I saw the "yip yip yip"
      2009 MINI Cooper S
      1988 BMW 325i topless

    10. Member dubfan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2002
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      3,791
      Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      04-05-2012 01:30 PM #290
      "Personally, I believe that 'fairness' consists in the fruits of my labor not being taken by corrupt hacks to redistribute to their cronies in exchange for votes." -- Glenn Reynolds

    11. 04-06-2012 07:26 AM #291

    12. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,052
      04-10-2012 07:47 PM #292

    13. Member dubfan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2002
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      3,791
      Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      04-10-2012 11:45 PM #293
      They screened 10-15 minutes of footage for about 400 media types in London this morning.

      SPOILERS ahead.

      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...ell-about-them
      http://www.prometheusmovienews.com/2...-and-qa-report
      http://www.totalfilm.com/news/promet...-reveal-report
      http://blogs.virginmedia.com/movies/...alien-film-yet
      http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/...#axzz1rdYVrHng
      http://cinemart-online.co.uk/2012/04...otage-preview/
      http://www.scifinow.co.uk/blog/prome...sci-fi-return/
      http://www.filmchronicles.com/exclus...h-ridley-scott
      http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...sbender-rapace
      http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1222668p1.html
      http://skymovies.sky.com/prometheus-...etheus-preview
      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...e-as-possible/
      http://whatculture.com/film/new-prom...eathtaking.php
      http://www.androidtabletblog.com/pro...us-3d-footage/

      http://www.empireonline.com/empirebl...tes/post/p1219
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...s-preview.html
      http://www.totalfilm.com/news/promet...-reveal-report
      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...ll-about-them/
      http://www.prometheusmovienews.com/2...and-qa-report/
      http://cinemart-online.co.uk/2012/04...otage-preview/
      http://cinemart-online.co.uk/2012/04...in-prometheus/
      http://www.cine-vue.com/2012/04/prev...eveal-and.html
      http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/...thing_i_l.html
      http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4522...-brain-surgery
      http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4522...nner-not-alien
      http://www.filmchronicles.com/exclus...-ridley-scott/
      http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/04/twe...d-its-awesome/
      http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainme...tage-unveiled/
      http://www.whosjack.org/prometheus-footage-preview-qa/
      http://blogs.virginmedia.com/movies/...alien-film-yet
      http://www.scifinow.co.uk/blog/prome...sci-fi-return/
      http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...sbender-rapace
      http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1222668p1.html
      http://skymovies.sky.com/prometheus-...etheus-preview
      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...e-as-possible/
      http://whatculture.com/film/new-prom...eathtaking.php
      http://www.androidtabletblog.com/pro...us-3d-footage/

      She also reveals the existence of a scene that gave her nightmares. A scene Ridley Scott admits is this film's equivalent to the infamous chest burster sequence.

      Before we know it, the morning is over and the movie stars are ferried off to the Soho Hotel to be quizzed by the media.

      Ridley goes with them. His work here is done; he's left an audience crying out for more, an audience that'll go straight to their websites, newspapers and Twitter feeds to tell the world exactly how excited they should be.

      And rightly so. Ridley Scott's protestations that this movie is only part-Alien prequel don't ring true when you see the standard conventions - cryogenics, red collar crews in space, the space jockey, a field of 'eggs' et al - but there's something else going on here. Something we've yet to see or hear about. And you should all be very, very excited.
      Twitter (@Mullane45)

      Prometheus. OH MY GOD. *Nerdgasm*

      We were shown about 15 minutes. No spoilers, mostly introductions and world-building. The sense of wonder at the set-up is irresistible.

      Every single shot is impeccably crafted; every frame bleeds a mysterious, cold, beauty; the soundtrack soon to be iconic.

      This one is going to be special.

      And the Q&A was fantastic. Sir Ridley Scott is hilariously blunt and Noomi Rapace is the cutest thing on Earth.
      From http://www.androidtabletblog.com/pro...us-3d-footage/ --

      This could not only be the best film Ridley Scott has made in years, it could be the best science fiction film made in years.
      "Personally, I believe that 'fairness' consists in the fruits of my labor not being taken by corrupt hacks to redistribute to their cronies in exchange for votes." -- Glenn Reynolds

    14. Member dubfan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2002
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      3,791
      Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      04-10-2012 11:47 PM #294
      Links in prior post are from here:

      http://www.prometheusforum.net/discu...ondon#Item_221 (spoilers)
      "Personally, I believe that 'fairness' consists in the fruits of my labor not being taken by corrupt hacks to redistribute to their cronies in exchange for votes." -- Glenn Reynolds

    15. Member 20DYNAMITE07's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2007
      Location
      DC Metro Area
      Posts
      5,700
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      04-16-2012 03:54 PM #295
      Quote Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
      They screened 10-15 minutes of footage for about 400 media types in London this morning.

      SPOILERS ahead.

      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...ell-about-them
      http://www.prometheusmovienews.com/2...-and-qa-report
      http://www.totalfilm.com/news/promet...-reveal-report
      http://blogs.virginmedia.com/movies/...alien-film-yet
      http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/...#axzz1rdYVrHng
      http://cinemart-online.co.uk/2012/04...otage-preview/
      http://www.scifinow.co.uk/blog/prome...sci-fi-return/
      http://www.filmchronicles.com/exclus...h-ridley-scott
      http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...sbender-rapace
      http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1222668p1.html
      http://skymovies.sky.com/prometheus-...etheus-preview
      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...e-as-possible/
      http://whatculture.com/film/new-prom...eathtaking.php
      http://www.androidtabletblog.com/pro...us-3d-footage/

      http://www.empireonline.com/empirebl...tes/post/p1219
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...s-preview.html
      http://www.totalfilm.com/news/promet...-reveal-report
      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...ll-about-them/
      http://www.prometheusmovienews.com/2...and-qa-report/
      http://cinemart-online.co.uk/2012/04...otage-preview/
      http://cinemart-online.co.uk/2012/04...in-prometheus/
      http://www.cine-vue.com/2012/04/prev...eveal-and.html
      http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/...thing_i_l.html
      http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4522...-brain-surgery
      http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4522...nner-not-alien
      http://www.filmchronicles.com/exclus...-ridley-scott/
      http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/04/twe...d-its-awesome/
      http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainme...tage-unveiled/
      http://www.whosjack.org/prometheus-footage-preview-qa/
      http://blogs.virginmedia.com/movies/...alien-film-yet
      http://www.scifinow.co.uk/blog/prome...sci-fi-return/
      http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...sbender-rapace
      http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1222668p1.html
      http://skymovies.sky.com/prometheus-...etheus-preview
      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...e-as-possible/
      http://whatculture.com/film/new-prom...eathtaking.php
      http://www.androidtabletblog.com/pro...us-3d-footage/



      Twitter (@Mullane45)



      From http://www.androidtabletblog.com/pro...us-3d-footage/ --
      I have the most awkward nerd-boner right now...
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

    16. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,156
      04-16-2012 04:13 PM #296
      Wow, that's a lot of exceptional commentary for this.
      I so can't wait.

    17. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,156
      04-16-2012 04:13 PM #297
      Quote Originally Posted by 20DYNAMITE07 View Post
      I have the most awkward nerd-boner right now...
      Don't let it be awkward, embrace it!

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      12,749
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      04-16-2012 06:08 PM #298
      i purchased Alien on blu-ray solely because the hype of this movie, and i've never seen any of the Alien series. haven't watch it yet, but i can't wait to get some free time and watch it in anticipation of this.
      welcome to the layer cake

    19. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,052
      04-16-2012 06:12 PM #299
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      never seen any of the Alien series.

    20. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,156
      04-16-2012 06:18 PM #300
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      and i've never seen any of the Alien series. haven't watch it yet, but i can't wait to get some free time and watch it in anticipation of this.
      None of my in-laws have seen them, I think some people avoid them due to the "horror" genre.

    21. Member Minker17's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 1st, 2004
      Location
      Franklin, TN
      Posts
      14,681
      Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      04-16-2012 06:36 PM #301
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      i've never seen any of the Alien series.
      Watch the first one right now. Watch the second when you get time. Watch the others if you have nothing, and I mean nothing, to do.
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      12,749
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      04-16-2012 06:39 PM #302
      well damn, maybe i'll watch it tonight then.
      welcome to the layer cake

    23. Member Espresso's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2011
      Location
      Vortex stalking since 2004
      Posts
      196
      Vehicles
      2010 TDi - 2010 Street Triple R
      04-16-2012 06:44 PM #303
      Watch 1 & 2 forget 3 & 4 & avoid the entire avp crap period.
      Qua Patet Orbis - As Far As The World Extends

    24. Moderator SOAR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2007
      Location
      Mukilteo, WA
      Posts
      8,052
      04-16-2012 07:10 PM #304
      Quote Originally Posted by Espresso View Post
      Watch 1 & 2 forget 3 & 4 & avoid the entire avp crap period.
      I agree with everything except skipping 3. It's definitely a weaker film than 1 and 2. But I still think you should watch it.

    25. Banned Fritz27's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2003
      Location
      Brickell
      Posts
      26,445
      Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      04-16-2012 07:14 PM #305
      Quote Originally Posted by Minker17 View Post
      Watch the first one right now. Watch the second when you get time. Watch the others if you have nothing, and I mean nothing, to do.
      Just make sure no sharp objects are in easy reach.

    26. Member dubfan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2002
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      3,791
      Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      04-16-2012 10:36 PM #306
      Tickets on sale now for 12:01am showing on June 7/8 (late Thursday night/early Friday am) at AMC IMAX 3D theaters:

      http://www.amctheatres.com/movies/pr...etime=6-7-2012

      I bought mine

      Silly Verizon game, but has some new pictures:

      http://www.verizonsweeps2.com/

      "Personally, I believe that 'fairness' consists in the fruits of my labor not being taken by corrupt hacks to redistribute to their cronies in exchange for votes." -- Glenn Reynolds

    27. Member Heffernan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2006
      Location
      Silver Spring, MD
      Posts
      4,551
      Vehicles
      Lowered Outback
      04-16-2012 10:37 PM #307
      Quote Originally Posted by SOAR View Post
      I agree with everything except skipping 3. It's definitely a weaker film than 1 and 2. But I still think you should watch it.
      Agree. People hate on 3, but I like it.
      Ravens&
      Bohs&
      Crabs&
      O's.

    28. Member 20DYNAMITE07's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2007
      Location
      DC Metro Area
      Posts
      5,700
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      04-17-2012 11:20 AM #308
      Quote Originally Posted by Heffernan View Post
      Agree. People hate on 3, but I like it.
      I said the same thing a few pages back. The directors cut is pretty damn good.
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

    29. Member Minker17's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 1st, 2004
      Location
      Franklin, TN
      Posts
      14,681
      Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      04-17-2012 11:31 AM #309
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

    30. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,156
      04-17-2012 11:38 AM #310
      That was cool. Is that part of the movie or just addition production material for advertising purposes?

    31. Banned Fritz27's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2003
      Location
      Brickell
      Posts
      26,445
      Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      04-17-2012 01:37 PM #311
      Dumb question, but do those skulls in the background kind of look like the xenomorph skulls or am I just cray cray?

      Also, when he cries is extremely creepy and unsettling.

    32. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      21,156
      04-17-2012 03:53 PM #312
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Also, when he cries is extremely creepy and unsettling.
      Very.

    33. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,546
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      04-17-2012 08:22 PM #313
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Dumb question, but do those skulls in the background kind of look like the xenomorph skulls or am I just cray cray?

      Also, when he cries is extremely creepy and unsettling.
      Just crazy, they just look like somewhat stylized human skulls.

      Also, I don't get it - he says he can't feel human emotions, but he definitely looks said and starts crying. Looks like he is feeling something to me (unless it's all supposed to be just a simulation on the part of the android to make people *think* he's feeling )

    34. Member
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2002
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      6,546
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      04-17-2012 08:25 PM #314
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      i purchased Alien on blu-ray solely because the hype of this movie, and i've never seen any of the Alien series. haven't watch it yet, but i can't wait to get some free time and watch it in anticipation of this.
      Eh, since you haven't seen the first one, you may want to watch Prometheus first and then watch Alien. Not saying it's necessary, but it might help make stuff from Alien make sense. As for the others, I would skip 4 and the Alien vs Predator stuff. Alien 3 is OK - not great, but it's watchable. Four is just painful......

    35. Member dubfan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2002
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      3,791
      Vehicles
      2007 GLI
      04-18-2012 01:14 PM #315




      "Personally, I believe that 'fairness' consists in the fruits of my labor not being taken by corrupt hacks to redistribute to their cronies in exchange for votes." -- Glenn Reynolds

    Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •