Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 108

    Thread: UGR TT Gallardo wrecks leaving C&C Atlanta

    1. Member TooFitToQuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2003
      Location
      A dealership
      Posts
      11,516
      Vehicles
      2015 Crosstrek Manuel, 2013 Triumph ST3
      04-03-2011 12:38 PM #1
      Happened about 25 minutes ago







      VTEC kicked in?

    2. 04-03-2011 12:39 PM #2
      What happened?
      No Longer : -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=- -=Camry Driver=-

    3. Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 19th, 2005
      Location
      Huntsville, TX
      Posts
      7,206
      04-03-2011 12:40 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by MustacheGT View Post
      VTEC kicked in?
      Testosterone fueled stupidity

    4. Member TooFitToQuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2003
      Location
      A dealership
      Posts
      11,516
      Vehicles
      2015 Crosstrek Manuel, 2013 Triumph ST3
      04-03-2011 12:40 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Subwoofers View Post
      What happened?
      I left two hours ago, but from my understanding he was getting on it a bit too much and it snap-oversteered over a crub and into a bush.

    5. Member patrickvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      9,186
      Vehicles
      '77 Bronco '85 Toyota 4x4 '87 930 '01 325i '08 Xterra
      04-03-2011 12:53 PM #5
      DAMMIT! For once there was some carnage and I missed it. Usually the F body & Vette guys are good entertainment, kind of surprised it was a Lambo.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2008
      Location
      Annapolis, MD
      Posts
      4,342
      Vehicles
      2014 SRT8 GC
      04-03-2011 12:54 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by MustacheGT View Post
      I left two hours ago, but from my understanding he was getting on it a bit too much and it snap-oversteered over a crub and into a bush.
      no fents involved tho?

    7. Member lojasmo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 23rd, 2002
      Location
      SE MN
      Posts
      4,427
      Vehicles
      2006 Vue, 2012 Chevy Cruze LT2, 1996 BK
      04-03-2011 12:54 PM #7
      Who does that on perfectly dry pavement? Moron.

      no fents involved tho?
      Or bricks, evidently.

    8. Member Shomegrown's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2002
      Location
      Detroit
      Posts
      18,784
      Vehicles
      Current: Audi S4, Q5 TDI quattro, Porsche Boxster S, Dodge Dakota 4x4
      04-03-2011 12:55 PM #8
      I can hear the cam laod knock from here.

    9. Member TooFitToQuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2003
      Location
      A dealership
      Posts
      11,516
      Vehicles
      2015 Crosstrek Manuel, 2013 Triumph ST3
      04-03-2011 12:56 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by patrickvr6 View Post
      DAMMIT! For once there was some carnage and I missed it. Usually the F body & Vette guys are good entertainment, kind of surprised it was a Lambo.
      Did you hear/see that yellow C6 rumbling around?

      Also, it's moving to the other side of NP Pkwy next month since AMC whined about parking and there isn't enough parking in its current spot.

    10. Member Shomegrown's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2002
      Location
      Detroit
      Posts
      18,784
      Vehicles
      Current: Audi S4, Q5 TDI quattro, Porsche Boxster S, Dodge Dakota 4x4
      04-03-2011 12:56 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by lojasmo View Post
      Who does that on perfectly dry pavement? Moron.

      Not exactly hard with that much power.

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2002
      Location
      Jersey City
      Posts
      6,582
      Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '65 Beetle
      04-03-2011 01:00 PM #11
      That is one expensive blooper.

      Maybe a video of it will turn up.
      coolwater

      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Jenks
      lol an owner of a MK3 and then MKV has no right to speak in public.
      you drive an egg on wheels. eggman.

    12. Member TooFitToQuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2003
      Location
      A dealership
      Posts
      11,516
      Vehicles
      2015 Crosstrek Manuel, 2013 Triumph ST3
      04-03-2011 01:06 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by eggman95 View Post
      That is one expensive blooper.

      Maybe a video of it will turn up.
      Oh there will be a video--probably a few.
      Last edited by TooFitToQuit; 04-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.

    13. Member 1Point8TDan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 4th, 2003
      Location
      Calgary, AB
      Posts
      8,379
      Vehicles
      D40 Frontier CC 4X4, 3BG Passat .:RS Variant
      04-03-2011 01:09 PM #13
      Had he lived where there is snow, his car would still be in good shape in the garage. We got 20cm of it yesterday.

    14. Member Tiero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2007
      Location
      Montvale, NJ
      Posts
      2,201
      Vehicles
      2014 Evolution GSR, 1998 GTI, 2002 TT 225 Roadster
      04-03-2011 01:14 PM #14
      Isn't that one of those lambos that does highway pulls from 60-1XX? There was a video of them up not too long ago.

    15. Member RacerrRex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,951
      Vehicles
      It's 6 cylinder, RWD, and purple.
      04-03-2011 01:14 PM #15
      Didnt another one (orange one i beleive) flip out of control at last years texas mile?
      www.RacerTV.org
      Quote Originally Posted by MCTB View Post
      I think that it is raw enough that at 50% of potential, it would be terrifying enough to be fun. One of those 'you never see the tree that is going to kill you because you are sliding into it backwards' kind of cars.

    16. Member TooFitToQuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2003
      Location
      A dealership
      Posts
      11,516
      Vehicles
      2015 Crosstrek Manuel, 2013 Triumph ST3
      04-03-2011 01:16 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Tiero View Post
      Isn't that one of those lambos that does highway pulls from 60-1XX? There was a video of them up not too long ago.
      Probably. This car had over 1,000whp.

      Quote Originally Posted by RacerrRex View Post
      Didnt another one (orange one i beleive) flip out of control at last years texas mile?
      Yep

    17. Member patrickvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      9,186
      Vehicles
      '77 Bronco '85 Toyota 4x4 '87 930 '01 325i '08 Xterra
      04-03-2011 01:16 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by MustacheGT View Post
      Did you hear/see that yellow C6 rumbling around?

      Also, it's moving to the other side of NP Pkwy next month since AMC whined about parking and there isn't enough parking in its current spot.
      I didn't actually make it today, CIS issues with the Porsche (Oh god how I hate CIS) so I bailed. I did however drive my Bronco yesterday for the first time in 16 years so next month will probably be it's public debut.

      That sucks that they are moving it again. I really think they should abandon the retail locations and find a nice industrial park spot that isn't being used at all on Sundays. It always feels like we are annoying normal patrons and you can't just hang out after the show if you want.

    18. Member TooFitToQuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2003
      Location
      A dealership
      Posts
      11,516
      Vehicles
      2015 Crosstrek Manuel, 2013 Triumph ST3
      04-03-2011 01:18 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by patrickvr6 View Post
      I didn't actually make it today, CIS issues with the Porsche (Oh god how I hate CIS) so I bailed. I did however drive my Bronco yesterday for the first time in 16 years so next month will probably be it's public debut.

      That sucks that they are moving it again. I really think they should abandon the retail locations and find a nice industrial park spot that isn't being used at all on Sundays. It always feels like we are annoying normal patrons and you can't just hang out after the show if you want.
      I agree. I mentioned to the cop I spoke to that moving it across from food/coffee will cause nothing but hassle and issues of people running across NP Parkway in traffic.

      What kind of Bronco?

    19. Member nunumkv's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 5th, 2010
      Location
      Tampa, Florida
      Posts
      1,725
      Vehicles
      2005 MKV Jetta 2.5L, 1990 240sx.
      04-03-2011 01:18 PM #19
      fix it an rape kids on streets agian! 1250hp?

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2006
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      7,669
      Vehicles
      M44/40F20CS65
      04-03-2011 01:22 PM #20
      A question to those that have had or worked on cars with this much power. Is it common to revise or remap the throttle gain (assuming drive by wire), so you can more easily feather the throttle to have more control over the power output, or is this something often overlooked, or disregarded altogether?

    21. Member TooFitToQuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2003
      Location
      A dealership
      Posts
      11,516
      Vehicles
      2015 Crosstrek Manuel, 2013 Triumph ST3
      04-03-2011 01:24 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      A question to those that have had or worked on cars with this much power. Is it common to revise or remap the throttle gain (assuming drive by wire), so you can more easily feather the throttle to have more control over the power output, or is this something often overlooked, or disregarded altogether?
      It's often overlooked. I can't say for sure whether or not this specific car was staggered--staggered in that certain speeds / gears / revs are allowed XX amount of boost.

    22. Member Toaster29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2000
      Location
      Birmingham, Al
      Posts
      4,807
      Vehicles
      997TT, F80 M3
      04-03-2011 01:28 PM #22
      I bet they aren't since they are AWD and the videos I've seen show them spinning pretty hard in first gear. Sucks it happened, but that's what insurance is for. He'll definitely be a lot more careful next time. It also sucks if he ever tries to resale because now the car is "wrecked" and that is going to cost him a pretty penny on that car.
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: Arctic Silver / Sea Blue. AWE exhaust, PTF custom 93/E85, BBS CH-R in widebody fitment, 5.9 60-130 E85, platform record
      '15 F80 M3 6MT: Alpine White / Sakhir: Exec pkg, LEDs, carbon roof, Harman Kardon, black 19s, etc
      Past: 300 hp B5 A4, 500 hp Evo 8, 2 450 hp E92 335s, 520hp C6 Z06, and a 750 hp CBA GT-R

    23. Member patrickvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      9,186
      Vehicles
      '77 Bronco '85 Toyota 4x4 '87 930 '01 325i '08 Xterra
      04-03-2011 01:28 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by MustacheGT View Post
      What kind of Bronco?
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6759-My-Bronco

    24. Member RacerrRex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2008
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      2,951
      Vehicles
      It's 6 cylinder, RWD, and purple.
      04-03-2011 01:30 PM #24
      Heres the video for the one that crashed at 200+mph
      www.RacerTV.org
      Quote Originally Posted by MCTB View Post
      I think that it is raw enough that at 50% of potential, it would be terrifying enough to be fun. One of those 'you never see the tree that is going to kill you because you are sliding into it backwards' kind of cars.

    25. Member Toaster29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2000
      Location
      Birmingham, Al
      Posts
      4,807
      Vehicles
      997TT, F80 M3
      04-03-2011 01:33 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by RacerrRex View Post
      Heres the video for the one that crashed at 200+mph
      Not to rag on the owner/driver because everything he's done is incredibly awesome, but what did he expect after losing control of the car in every single pull. I also saw the chute bouncing in some parts of the video which is a very obvious sign it wasn't mounted correctly.
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: Arctic Silver / Sea Blue. AWE exhaust, PTF custom 93/E85, BBS CH-R in widebody fitment, 5.9 60-130 E85, platform record
      '15 F80 M3 6MT: Alpine White / Sakhir: Exec pkg, LEDs, carbon roof, Harman Kardon, black 19s, etc
      Past: 300 hp B5 A4, 500 hp Evo 8, 2 450 hp E92 335s, 520hp C6 Z06, and a 750 hp CBA GT-R

    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •