VWVortex.com - Park assist retrofit
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Park assist retrofit

1. 09-14-2012 11:49 AM #76
      Yea, I Google'd that hah. Well if it works for one car, it should work for all? The only issue I see with the PLA mounts is that you have to somehow drill a pretty significant hole... so if the original sensors work, I would rather use those.

Still haven't tried my kit. Probably won't be able to for a few weeks.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      Jetta MK6 1.4TSI 122HP
      09-14-2012 12:45 PM #77
      You can try the kitt without drill holes, just use adhesive tape to hold the sensors on the outside the bumper.

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8t (RIP), 2007 VW GLI 2.0T, 2013 Touareg V6 TDI Exec
      09-18-2012 06:57 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by NothernSky View Post
      I think this diagram could help if you already have 8 OPS sensors:

NortherSky, or anyone why may know following this thread...

I've just retrofitted the 8 sensor PDC into my 2007 GLI (same as NorthernSky's). I also have the low-line RVC (which I believe NorthernSky does as well). Took a little doing, but the split screen will now engage. I'm still getting a "NO ROD" message from VAG-COM (see below). I tried contacting Ross-Tech, and they weren't terribly helpful. I got told I'm putting in a module that was never designed for the car, and they don't speak the same protocol. I know people have been doing this, so I'm to take it for what it's worth.

In any case, the one issue I'm really having now, is that sometimes the PDC will activate via the RNS-510, and sometimes it won't. It's completely random. Resetting the RNS-510 will sometimes make it come back, but not always. Also, the audio always works, but just not the OPS function.

What I'm getting at here, is I'm concerned about the placement of the power source. The drawing that Belox posted shows constant, and I hooked my harness up to a constant power fuse, fuse SC14 to be exact. The message I got from Car-Systems is rather cryptic, due to their limited english. All it said when I explained my situation was "connect 12v after ignition" Are they meaning switched power? I asked again for clarification, and this time I got "in older car must be connected after ignition". This sounds like switched again, but when I again tried confirming, he made it sound like constant "must be 12v when igition is on , than unit will be reseted every time, this way you resolve your trouble"

4. 09-18-2012 08:56 AM #79
      My PDC is connected to switched power (lighter socket in the trunk) if it helps. I have a 2012 GTI.

Vehicles
      09-18-2012 08:59 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by f00kie View Post
      My PDC is connected to switched power (lighter socket in the trunk) if it helps. I have a 2012 GTI.
      I know I read something about this a long time ago. Yours is a 2012, so it likely doesn't. You would think they would work the same, but since yours is a MKVI an mine is a MKV, even with the same parts, there are probably differences in the CAN-BUS system and how it turns on the module. I really wish I could find the post that dealt with this.

On a positive note, the PDC did work this morning from the get-go, so maybe it just is finicky after the install and takes a while to settle in (stranger things happen in these cars)
      Last edited by tamorgen; 09-18-2012 at 09:05 AM.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Jetta MK6 1.4TSI 122HP
      11-07-2012 02:52 PM #81

Still haven't tried my kit. Probably won't be able to for a few weeks.
      Any news?

7. 11-12-2012 06:24 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by ronniejamesdio View Post
      Any news?
      Sorry about that. On my Canadian car (I imagine US as well), because of the sidemarkers, there is quite a bit of drilling/filing that needs to be done. I won't be doing it. If anybody wants the kit, PM me.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CW GTI Autobahn w/DSG
      11-12-2012 01:27 PM #83
      Sorry about that. On my Canadian car (I imagine US as well), because of the sidemarkers, there is quite a bit of drilling/filing that needs to be done. I won't be doing it. If anybody wants the kit, PM me.
      The NA front bumpers don't have the holes pre-outlined for the two extra front sensors? I thought the holes for those would be above the side markers.
      2012 Candy White GTI w/Autobahn and DSG

9. Member
      Vehicles
      Jetta MK6 1.4TSI 122HP
      11-12-2012 07:25 PM #84

10. 11-12-2012 08:53 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
      The NA front bumpers don't have the holes pre-outlined for the two extra front sensors? I thought the holes for those would be above the side markers.
      They are right next to the side markers, from what I could tell. The issue is, the sidemarker assembly takes up so much space, that you'd have to cut/remove it.

ronnie -- those bumpers don't have side markers.

11. 11-12-2012 08:58 PM #86
      They are right next to the side markers, from what I could tell. The issue is, the sidemarker assembly takes up so much space, that you'd have to cut/remove it.

ronnie -- those bumpers don't have side markers.
      Sensor:
      http://www.automobilesnews.com/wp-co...i-golf-gti.jpg

Our cars:
      http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/attach...1&d=1328428183

It's right in the middle of it.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI 6
      12-26-2012 03:54 PM #87
      If anyone is intrested, carsystems sell a kit to retrofit part assist. In the end, I just went with straight PDC, want to get my car back together, been looking sorry for itself for a year now...

13. Member
      Vehicles
      Jetta MK6 1.4TSI 122HP
      01-02-2013 01:12 PM #88
      carsystems park assist retrofit kitt contains 2 x 4H0919275 PDC sensors instead 1T0919297A park assist sensors, see my post above

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI 6
      01-29-2013 01:05 AM #89
      You mean they supply the wrong sensors? Well anyway, have ditched the self park idea. Took long enough to get PDC installed and was annoying having the car in pieces for months.
      At any rate, for PDC only, I used power on ignition only and it works without issue. When I connected it to always on power, it worked very erratically.

Vehicles
      01-29-2013 06:00 AM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by Belox View Post
      Finally located PDC module pin outs. Would assume park assit module would be much the same, with some additonal pics used for addtional front sensors, and some for the parks assist switch most likley in the same area as the PDC switch.
      Belox, if I may make a suggestion, can you update your drawing to show switched power instead of constant? It may save people some headaches in the future. I used this diagram for my install back in September and just now found out about switched from your post over on vwnavi (thanks for that, btw! ) OPS performed very erratically until I made the change. Now it works perfectly.
      Last edited by tamorgen; 01-29-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Vehicles
      01-29-2013 06:08 AM #91
      So has anyone (NorthernSky???) completed this retrofit yet? I know he got the ABS module about a year ago. I'd like to start considering it.

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2007 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 1997 Jetta TDI
      02-18-2013 09:28 AM #92
      It seems there is some light at the end onf the tunnel regarding the ABS issue.

http://forums.subdriven.com/showthre...able-to-recode

Thanks to tamorgen for showing this link.
      OEM+ FTW

Vehicles
      02-19-2013 09:51 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by tamorgen View Post
      Belox, if I may make a suggestion, can you update your drawing to show switched power instead of constant? It may save people some headaches in the future. I used this diagram for my install back in September and just now found out about switched from your post over on vwnavi (thanks for that, btw! ) OPS performed very erratically until I made the change. Now it works perfectly.
      Last week I installed ELSA after ordering it off of Ebay from England. Took forever to install, and there are some issues with the version I got (only has UK English, which may mean it doesn't have US production versions...there is a correlation, believe it or not). In any case, I had been having issues with OPS ever since I installed the car-systems kit. Sensors weren't matching up on screen with where an object was, the switched vs constant power issue, etc. Well, now I have ELSA and I was able to cross Belox's diagram with the current flow diagrams on ELSA. There are some minor discrepancies, and some relevant info in regards to what sensor corresponds to which pin on the PDC unit.

I'm in the process of modifying the diagram to show the corrections and sensor pinout. Stand by.

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2007 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 1997 Jetta TDI
      02-19-2013 12:14 PM #94
      Last week I installed ELSA after ordering it off of Ebay from England. Took forever to install, and there are some issues with the version I got (only has UK English, which may mean it doesn't have US production versions...there is a correlation, believe it or not). In any case, I had been having issues with OPS ever since I installed the car-systems kit. Sensors weren't matching up on screen with where an object was, the switched vs constant power issue, etc. Well, now I have ELSA and I was able to cross Belox's diagram with the current flow diagrams on ELSA. There are some minor discrepancies, and some relevant info in regards to what sensor corresponds to which pin on the PDC unit.

I'm in the process of modifying the diagram to show the corrections and sensor pinout. Stand by.
      Thanks tamorgen!!

Maybe what you describe regarding the diagram discrepancies is related to the issue I had from a previous post:

"I have to connect Pin 3 for Ilumination and Pin 6 to Ground (as the other buttons) which in the diagram indicates is Pin 4 and 2 for Ground."

Regards!!
      OEM+ FTW

Vehicles
      02-19-2013 12:19 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by NothernSky View Post
      Thanks tamorgen!!

Maybe what you describe regarding the diagram discrepancies is related to the issue I had from a previous post:

"I have to connect Pin 3 for Ilumination and Pin 6 to Ground (as the other buttons) which in the diagram indicates is Pin 4 and 2 for Ground."

Regards!!
      The pinout of the PDC button was one of the discrepancies. Tonight I'll post the current flow diagrams for all to see before I produce the modified diagram.

Vehicles
      02-20-2013 07:40 AM #96
      Okay, I'm still working on the updates, but I wanted to post the wiring diagrams from ELSA.

Golf 6 PDC
      Passatt CC PDC

Vehicles
      02-22-2013 02:50 PM #97
      Here is the result of my work. I sort of had to start over a bit, because I wanted the diagram to reflect the proper colors from the Golf PDC current flow diagram. If you are using a Kufatec, Car-systems, or other brand, your colors may be different (quite likely). These are the OEM colors for a Golf 6.

I did find out that the ELSA diagram for the Golf had an error in it: It had two Pin 5's on T6au (PDC button) and no pin 6. I cross referenced the Passat CC's diagram and was able to resolve the discrepancy.

I have an asterisk on the illumination wire from T6au/3, because I need to go back and hunt down where it actually ends up. You can connect it to an adjoining button, but if you want to be completely OEM about it, I believe it connects to the CCM, but I'm not sure which terminal.

Hope this helps with people doing this in the future.

Vehicles
      2008 Passat Wagon, 3.6 4mo
      03-04-2013 02:51 AM #98
      Could someone tell me where the hell they found a 34.2mm hole saw to fit the two PLA sensor brackets?!

Vehicles
      03-04-2013 04:03 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by bonestockgtx View Post
      Could someone tell me where the hell they found a 34.2mm hole saw to fit the two PLA sensor brackets?!
      I don't think you are going to find a bit that'll go into .2 mm increments. You should be using a step drill bit set for the holes, that way you can expand and keep it smooth. The set I picked up for my PDC was in metric, and the only set I could find. It goes up to 35mm, but the step down from that is 32. I think 35mm will be close enough.

Hope this helps.

Vehicles
      2008 Passat Wagon, 3.6 4mo
      03-05-2013 10:26 PM #100
      I don't think you are going to find a bit that'll go into .2 mm increments. You should be using a step drill bit set for the holes, that way you can expand and keep it smooth. The set I picked up for my PDC was in metric, and the only set I could find. It goes up to 35mm, but the step down from that is 32. I think 35mm will be close enough.

Hope this helps.

Excellent, thanks! I actually have 3 kits on the way now. One is the one you linked, the other is this Rotabroach kit (it was on sale on Amazon), and lastly I got a 1 11/32" saw from Starrett (34.13125mm). With all of those I should be good to go!

Looking forward to it!

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast