Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget Baller Pics

Vehicles
      2001.5 Audi S4 6spd Quattro Stage 3
      04-11-2011 05:23 PM #1
      Allright, I've noticed this new fad, for some reason there are a bunch of people who seem to think that unless you pour countless thousands of dollars into your car the minute you bring it home, it becomes nothing more then a worthless eyesore. I think these people are wrong.

Our cars aren't cheap, and for some of us being able to afford the MKV was a big step up, and upgrade in itself. This is a thread for pics of cars built, or being built on a budget, whether it may be a student budget like myself, or a family budget, a working mans budget, a "i'm saving money for a house budget", etc. Lets show that you don't need $1000+ wheels and an expensive air setup to have a good looking car, and give inspiration to others.

I'll start, as stated, i'm in University, so my budget for my car is whatever I have left after tuition, books, rent, food, car payment, and insurance, which frankly, is not very much.

And the wheels I am refinishing myself, in a satin black, for this season, they are 17x9.5 all around, Im hoping for a nice flush look.

Im also going to be ordering coils in May when I start working full time again, some thing in the $600-$800 range, V-Maxx or FK most likely, I want them to last and offer a firm ride.

Also, my other budget build, just for fun:

A 1988 Nissan Pathfinder, 3.0L V6 TBI, 4x4 Auto. Doing a 5spd Swap from a parts truck, as well as a 6 inch lift and a bunch of maintenance and replacements on this truck next week, all from parts that I have collected over the winter from various part outs and online sales and specials. I am looking forward to it. I really enjoy working on vehicles!

Theres my budget build(s), now lets see yours!
      Instagram: Ozzker / Das Parts

Das Parts -- https://www.facebook.com/dasvwparts

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-11-2011 05:27 PM #2
      Love this thread idea! I am a high school student about to graduate and head off to a university. My budget is super limited so I'd love to see what other people do on a budget as well. So Bump for some more pictures.

Vehicles
      Harley 48
      04-11-2011 05:32 PM #3
      Wheels are going to poke... especially up front.

Regardless of anything though, you are always going to have naysayers.

Just do what you do, and do it well.

Vehicles
      04-11-2011 05:43 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
      Wheels are going to poke... especially up front.

Regardless of anything though, you are always going to have naysayers.

Just do what you do, and do it well.
      I'm hoping they wont poke too much, but we shall see when the adapters get here. 1552 has said they should arrive in the next 2 weeks. I want to fit the wheels before I decide on tire sizes, so it's holding me back, although I will probably just re-use my stock Conti's until I can come up with funds for some halfway decent rubber. That would also give me time to see if I like having wide wheels upfront, or if I should scoop up a pair of 8.5" Sawblades off of craigslist and conform to regular sized wheels.

And i'm here to make my car the way I envision it, not the way anyone else wants it.

Vehicles
      84' Mercedes 300SD - 87' BMW 535iS
      04-11-2011 06:10 PM #5
      sawblades on jettas. ehhhhhh not my favor. good luck with all that poke.
      IG @tbmikeeee

I VAG-COM IN SOUTH FLORIDA & ORLANDO PM ME

Vehicles
      MKV Rabbit / MKII Golf ABA (project)
      04-11-2011 06:28 PM #6
      i hope you have extra front fenders
      Instagram: chirpchirpp

FS: 2009 Rabbit cloth seats
      FS: 18" Huffs with tires

Vehicles
      06 GTI, 04 Jetta (Gone)
      04-11-2011 07:14 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by boonedubbin View Post
      I'd love to see what other people do on a budget as well.
      You can do whatever you want on your car. It's just a matter of having patience and saving a bit more than what you expected.
      Tomas Sport Tuning + Bag Riders = BAGS & BBS RS

8. 04-11-2011 08:08 PM #8
      bone stock still
      IMG_0197

edit:link

Vehicles
      09 jetta
      04-11-2011 08:28 PM #9
      still going to school, but working full time. slowly coming together. owned it for 2 years now.

04-11-2011 08:34 PM #10
      Full time student, full time job and I don't live with mommy and daddy. I guess my car isn't exactly budget friendly but if you work hard you can afford life's luxuries.

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta
      04-11-2011 08:39 PM #11
      Wish i had new pictures of this thing..

But I work full-time and take a few courses at school. never have too much play money

Omega
      Shot Callers

@GordonWhy

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GLI , 90 Jetta GLI, 81 Rabbit Truck 1.6 Diesel
      04-11-2011 09:06 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by IJSTROK View Post
      Full time student, full time job and I don't live with mommy and daddy. I guess my car isn't exactly budget friendly but if you work hard you can afford life's luxuries.

Only car I ever liked with ch's. Paint the side moldings black. Nice car!

Sent from my iPhone

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      04-11-2011 09:14 PM #13
      I am married (strike one) and have a daughter (strike two), so I never have money. However, I pinch pennies where I can, buy certain items used (intake, coilovers, interior pieces, down pipe, wheels) and certain items new. I do most installation myself (it helps to work for the service department at VW). It has taken me almost two years to get my car to where it is...and I really do consider my car to be budget "baller".

Vehicles
      2005.5 Jetta 2.5L
      04-11-2011 09:14 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by DubStat View Post
      Wish i had new pictures of this thing..

But I work full-time and take a few courses at school. never have too much play money

Omega
      First car on Steelies that actually looks fairly good.

I'll post my women when she isn't sitting in the parking lot at school.

Great thread idea! I love paying 14k+ a year for tuition and watching myself spend $500 on books when that could go back into my car.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Jetta TDI
      04-11-2011 09:20 PM #15

Heres my 06 rabbit, got it on Dec. 30th and I've got racelands spun all the way down, a votex lip that will go on before dustoff, 17 by 8 merc e class wheels that I got a steal on...like 350. So my budget is super limited cuz im in college too so I love this thread and can respect it

Vehicles
      2006 Jetta TDI
      04-11-2011 09:38 PM #16
      I'm married, with a kid, and I'm a private elementary school teacher = no money I like to do any of DIY projects. I chip away, save a little each month, and sell old junk like broken electronics on eBay. I also buy parts used, and try to buy things on sale! It's SLOWLY coming together...

Vehicles
      08 CW Rabbit
      04-11-2011 09:43 PM #17
      I'm a Mom who works as a Stable Manager and a freelance Makeup Artist so funds are tight. But I think I've done a great job with what I have to work with.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Vehicles
      Carb'd 16V & '08 .:R
      04-11-2011 09:45 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by KyleCrish View Post
      still going to school, but working full time. slowly coming together. owned it for 2 years now.

]
      this car is sexy and I love it where its at
      “Good design is as little design possible.”

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Jetta TDI
      04-11-2011 09:47 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by jimothy cricket View Post
      agreed you sir are doing it right on a budget

Vehicles
      2007 reflex wolfie
      04-11-2011 09:53 PM #20
      Love this thread idea, I was thinking about doing something similar once. My ride is pretty tight, due to the fact that me and my wife paid for our own wedding. I've had my car for a year now and I gotta say I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along. Pictures on the way.
      Geocaching.com (ColorofMoney) Let's hunt.

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta 2.5
      04-11-2011 10:04 PM #21

This past summer ^, full time engineering undergrad, getting ready to start a new summer job and classes. The car has only gotten an oe euro gti lip, new vanity plate, and mudflaps since these pics. All the money I have now has been going into mountain bike racing and living. Coming up on my 5th year of ownership, got lucky and was able to work a lot in high school to get wheels/suspension.

Vehicles
      04-11-2011 10:14 PM #22
      There are some gorgeous cars in this thread, Im speechless, they are all sooo nice and clean, and all budget friendly!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamZleep View Post
      It's all about finding good deals man. I like your wheels, btw. If you get thin ass adapters for the fronts, you'll be okay. I had 9.5's all the way around with 20mm adapters, it wasn't that bad.
      Thanks!! And I agree, its all about the deals, I snagged the full set of 9.5's for much less then what the average set of Sawblades goes for around here, and other then some house paint on them, they are in amazing shape, straight, no bends or rash anywhere, so I figured I would accept the challenge and make them work. I've got 15mm adapters for the front, and 20mm for the rear, so I don't think I will be poking too much, final et of 41mm upfront and 36mm in the rear. I just hope I wont be hitting suspension components upfront, but I am ready to space them out if I am.

Keep the cars coming!

Vehicles
      2006 Jetta TDI
      04-11-2011 10:51 PM #23
      It's not even that the cars are budget friendly....it just shows that if you are on a budget you may not be able to change your car up for every show season. Your car may not become "baller" over night, but with some time, budgeting, and saving you can build a car that is very clean and functional.

Even if I had the money my car is what I drive, and enjoy. Not my life.

Vehicles
      09 jetta
      04-11-2011 10:51 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by jimothy cricket View Post
      thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jam254 View Post
      agreed you sir are doing it right on a budget
      thanks guys! i do what im sure most of you do. i look for good deals non-stop and wait to buy things. it may have taken me two years, but ive spent a lot less than most people out there.

just picked up some woodgrain trim too! always wanted it, but could never afford it.

Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-11-2011 11:04 PM #25
      Full time aeronautical engineering undergrad. With that and ROTC I'm pretty busy. Work part time to keep payments and whatnot. ROTC cuts back on school costs thankfully.

Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Jetta TDI
      04-11-2011 11:05 PM #26
      I wish the woodgrain fit in the rabbit! and btw I got the same shifter haha

Vehicles
      2011 JSW TDI (DSG)
      04-12-2011 02:39 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Ozzker View Post
      Allright, I've noticed this new fad, for some reason there are a bunch of people who seem to think that unless you pour countless thousands of dollars into your car the minute you bring it home, it becomes nothing more then a worthless eyesore. I think these people are wrong.

Our cars aren't cheap, and for some of us being able to afford the MKV was a big step up, and upgrade in itself. This is a thread for pics of cars built, or being built on a budget, whether it may be a student budget like myself, or a family budget, a working mans budget, a "i'm saving money for a house budget", etc. Lets show that you don't need $1000+ wheels and an expensive air setup to have a good looking car, and give inspiration to others.

I'll start, as stated, i'm in University, so my budget for my car is whatever I have left after tuition, books, rent, food, car payment, and insurance, which frankly, is not very much.

And the wheels I am refinishing myself, in a satin black, for this season, they are 17x9.5 all around, Im hoping for a nice flush look.

Im also going to be ordering coils in May when I start working full time again, some thing in the $600-$800 range, V-Maxx or FK most likely, I want them to last and offer a firm ride.

Also, my other budget build, just for fun:

A 1988 Nissan Pathfinder, 3.0L V6 TBI, 4x4 Auto. Doing a 5spd Swap from a parts truck, as well as a 6 inch lift and a bunch of maintenance and replacements on this truck next week, all from parts that I have collected over the winter from various part outs and online sales and specials. I am looking forward to it. I really enjoy working on vehicles!

Theres my budget build(s), now lets see yours!
      awesome love the car man wish my 2010 wolfy came with fogs on it. but anyways dont have a pic at the moment but im on a paying for a new house new car and new baby girl budget lol
      will post pics of my wolfy later sitd bone stock with some forge parts in the engine. and 18' steelies need to be painted white and need white wall tires for them will have th oppisite of a MURDERED out car mine will be ALL WHITE aka SNOWED OUT lol but love the thread idea cuz most poeple who put a **** load of money in there car been saving up for years and probably still live at mommies house

28. 04-12-2011 03:14 AM #28

Heres my GLI thats monster truckin currently but soon to be fixed. Mild mods so far. I just did the Detroit wheels from a 2010 GTI and I added the OEM navi unit. I have a few other mods planned but like everyone in this thread budget is a big deal.

29. Junior Member surferman802003's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta TDI
      04-12-2011 04:26 AM #29
      Im in the Army overseas right now so budget is tight not to mention I'm married with a new dog. Ive started a build thread and Im doing A LOT of the mods DIY. Saves a ton of money. Even if it doesnt look perfect i can get it close. My big problem is im in a weird part of germany and not alot of modded out cars here. Mostly old people driving bmw's and benz. I know still rocking 4x4 status but saving up for some real nice coils.

30. Member
      Vehicles
      POS MKV
      04-12-2011 11:51 AM #30
      I have gotten hooked up on everything on my car.

OEM euro led tails 300+stocks
      MKVI interior 500 bucks
      OEM votex with shaved exhaust and custom turn down 300+stock
      Wheels free in trades
      Only thing I have paid full price for is stage 1+, intake and coils.

total spending's 2,500 if I dont count the wheels I just picked up for 1,300

Vehicles
      04-12-2011 02:27 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by TeamZleep View Post
      The rears will poke a little, but if you run 2-2.5deg. camber on a 215, you'll have no issues there. The fronts will be fine too, Mine only poked a little bit with a 215 on it. I'll dig up some pictures and whatnot for you. They should actually sit damn near flush in the front, with tasteful poke in the back!!
      Some pictures would be awesome!

32. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09 Jetta TDI
      04-12-2011 02:43 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by surferman802003 View Post
      Im in the Army overseas right now so budget is tight not to mention I'm married with a new dog. Ive started a build thread and Im doing A LOT of the mods DIY. Saves a ton of money. Even if it doesnt look perfect i can get it close. My big problem is im in a weird part of germany and not alot of modded out cars here. Mostly old people driving bmw's and benz. I know still rocking 4x4 status but saving up for some real nice coils.

I'm glad to know that they finally decided to get rid of the stupid USA plates in Germany. I was at Vilseck for 3 years and I hated parking my care on the street when I traveled. Hopefully I'll be able to get back over there for my next duty station. You should take a trip up to Ramstein AB, they have a HUGE HUGE HUGE junk yard there were you can always find used parts for dirt cheap. Well at least it was still there in 05.

Once I get my lights installed I will post some of my pictures of my ultra low budget build.
      Last edited by plainzwalker; 04-12-2011 at 02:48 PM.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      Current: 2006 Volkswagen GLI.[Past: '83 Datsun 280zx, '96 Honda Prelude, '97 Eagle Talon Tsi]
      04-14-2011 11:32 PM #33
      this thread needs more cars! haha! Thread has alot of potential. as soon as i have time to take better shots of my car i will def make a contribution. being on a budget is a fact... as far as baller... i think so

34. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-14-2011 11:38 PM #34
      my whole build has been on a budget
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...l-Build-Thread

Vehicles
      2009 Jetta GLI
      04-14-2011 11:47 PM #35
      This thread is so awesome
      R135 _MKV & VI PM for Micro-CAN VAGCOM stuff
      ╚╬╬╣ Full APR Carbonio Intake|Loaded APR Stage 1 93|Eibach Pro-Kit|15% Tint|Black Badges|
      _246_Amber Side Markers|Black Mirror Signals|LED City Lights|Matching Race Baby Seat For My Seed|

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast