Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2008 Jetta check engine light and EPC light

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2008 VW Jetta S
      04-14-2011 07:47 PM #1
      I have a 2008 jetta 2.5, and this is only the 4th day ive had it. the car has had some trouble starting, and has a weird vibration when on. the EPC light will go on and off every once and awhile, and the MIL light is now on and doesnt turn off. does anyone have any idea what the problem could be, and any solutions?

Vehicles
      2007 VW 2.5 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-15-2011 07:17 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by mzaptk View Post
      I have a 2008 jetta 2.5, and this is only the 4th day ive had it. the car has had some trouble starting, and has a weird vibration when on. the EPC light will go on and off every once and awhile, and the MIL light is now on and doesnt turn off. does anyone have any idea what the problem could be, and any solutions?
      if you just bought it did it come with a cpo warranty? take it back to dealer. were not going to be able to guess whats wrong without codes. you need a vagcom. or the very least a autozone scanner to tell us the codes the cel is throwing.

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2008 VW Jetta S
      04-15-2011 08:09 AM #3
      yahh it came with an additional warranty added onto the original one. im not worried about the cost because this will be covered under the warranty. im taking it to get looked at today. i just didnt know if anyone could give me a better idea of what it could be, so when i bring the car in, i can give them a better idea of what it could be