The moldings already come with the adhesive pre-installed on the back of the moldings.
- First step is cleaning off the area where the moldings will go with soap/water, then finish cleaning with some alcohol to make sure there is nothing on the car that will effect the adhesion.
- Next, there are two torx screws that you need to remove: one at the front fender and the other at the rear under the car (you'll know which ones when you look at the moldings)
- Have a friend hold up the back while you screw in the front using the stock screw you just removed.
- Go to the rear. At the portion that "kicks up" in the rear, there is a small rectangle of tape on the back. Partially peel off the backing so that about half of it is uncovered. Sort of fold this up so that the backing sticks out above the top of the molding. Bolt the back with the screw you took out.
- Go back to the front. You should have a white tab sticking up. This is connected to the backing of the long strip of tape that runs the entire length of the car. DON'T PULL IT ALL THE WAY OFF!
- Gently lift/press the front of the molding so that it fits firmly against the side of the car. Make sure it is positioned correctly (i.e. parallel with the door) and that it looks as if it is correctly placed.
- DON'T LET GO! Keep firm pressure on the molding with one hand. With the other hand you want to grab that white tab and gently pull upwards so that the red adhesive backing comes up.
- Keep working your way down about 6-inches at a time. First making sure the molding is properly aligned, then continue pulling the adhesive backing.
- Don't pull too hard or it could break the backing and it will be a bitch to get it out again.
- Continue doing this until you reach the part where the molding begins to curve upwards. At this point I removed the remainder of that rectangular piece that you left half sticking out of the back. Then I gently continued pulling the main strip until the end.
- Make sure the molding is securely stuck to the side of the car. I was working on a humid evening, so I decided to use masking tape to further secure the molding to the side of the car.
It would be easier to describe if I had some pictures...but it is a fairly easy/straightforward job if you are confident around cars.