VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

65 beetle build thread...

111K views 366 replies 41 participants last post by  bificus99 
#1 ·
Out with the old and in with the older

pics as of it rolling into the house,

progress has already begun. the battery tray was gone. I cut a peice and thats fixed, found 2 more small holes. fixing those tomorrow. then coating the entire floor with a truck bed liner.
spent most the afternoon figuriing out a the drivers side window regulator and stripping the floors with screw drivers and a wire wheel on the grinder.

these pics are before any work begun,,

See less See more
#312 ·
Havnt updated for a while,
The 1641 is almost done. There has actually a little more progress since these pics, the fan housing has been mounted, the ignition coil was mounted, I gotta get some heater boxes from a friend this weekend then I can pull the J pipes and put the breast plate on.

not really a fan of the exhaust but it works for now, and sounds awesome!

and finished the bike seat...

#320 ·
oh yeah, the dog park is in walking distance from my house. I will definitely head that way. You could cruise by after you get off, only thing is our office lot is not low-friendly. lol, but ill shoot over my number and you can gimmie a shout tomorrow when you head out to the dog park.

#327 ·
Sam, did you text me this weekend? I didnt know the number.. then was like, well maybe it was Sam. But i didnt know because somebody stole the phone that had your number saved in it. lol :wave:

Hell to the yeah on the motor. Remember, pics.. or it didnt happen. :laugh:

#335 ·
Love the rack Sam.

i say powder coat the black one to mach the OG color one. :thumbup: keepin the OG look.

Smoothies will be sick and the emotion on the white walls is because your thinking of them with the chromes. Once you get the smoothies them make your mind up. port-o-walls are only 60 bucks:thumbup:

chit looks good for sure mang. :thumbup:

I say poilish the racks to match the trim and bumpers..
no way Whitney :thumbdown:

#332 ·
powder coat both racks cream to match the wheels. Maybe run some red line tires might look cool with the cream and be diffrent. I think it would look good with the blue patina on the car too but that just my O/P. You going back black with your carpet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.