VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS : 1997 Jetta VR6 with custom paint

7K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  denyle 
#1 ·
I reaaaaaalllly don't want to see this go, but I have simply lost all interest in this car and feel like I am being selfish keeping it in a garage until I can find time and money to work on it.

As it sits currently: Runs, shifts fine. 90% of the interior is put back together from respray (door panels are off). Rocker mouldings and roof mouldings need to go on, etc etc.

Link to build page:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4349327-My-build-thread-(if-you-would-like-to-call-it-that)

In all honesty, I have put 3000.00 into parts and about 5000.00 into paint and materials. Not to mention I paid 5000.00 for the car. I would love to get 4000.00 for this, but I am seriously open to ALL reasonable offers.

Reason for selling - No time and went back to my passion for making music.

#31 ·
To be honest, pretty much the same as the pictures. Been storing it at work here (Dalmar VW)

Needs the bumpers, headlights, tail lights, door panels, ext. trim, drip rails and rocker covers installed.

I seriously have zero motivation and desire to finish this car.

Someome take it off my hands.

#34 ·
So this is how the car sits at the moment -
-no battery, though it does run
-drip rails need to be replaced
-rocker mouldings need to be installed
-front bumper needs all the components installed onto it.
-headlights to be installed (smoked ecodes, rad support has been cut, comes with bulbs and amber bulbs for DRL's)
-rear lights need to be hooked up (installed but not plugged in)
-interior could use a clean
-door panels need to be installed
The car has close to 300,000km on it.
Would need service: timing chain, valves, lifters, oil change, possibly a clutch

Tires are just stock bugattis on some rubber, still should have life tho.

The car hasn’t been on the road for a couple years as it's been a project that I have no neglected.

#40 ·
Ok guys, This is the last time I am TTT'ing it.

$1000.00 is what I will take for this car. Come with extra parts and a one in a kind paint job.

If this doesn't get picked up in the next week, I am taking it to the junkers.

Someone take this car off my hands and keep it out of the junk yard.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.