Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: TT-RS Order Guide

1. Member
      05-25-2011 12:27 PM #126
      No pricing yet... but another great article (from a husband & wife perspective) that made me laugh!

http://www.autobackstage.com/view/10..._but_uber_cool

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS, 2012 Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-Line
      05-25-2011 07:16 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by Axel1 View Post
      No pricing yet... but another great article (from a husband & wife perspective) that made me laugh!

http://www.autobackstage.com/view/10..._but_uber_cool
      Hahaha that's awesome!!! Man I just want mine to come already !!!
      '12 Audi TT RS, Phantom Black, Manual
      Bose Sound System inc Audi Music Interface and TV Reception
      Blackout Pack by GmbH + GmbH 19' Titanium Look Alloy Wheels + Dark Window Tint
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package
      Adaptive Headlights & Tyre Pressure Monitor

3. 05-26-2011 10:53 PM #128
      Just checking in from the UK...a little jealous you guys are getting the slightly more powerful engine

We've had our roadster since January - decided against the manual box, and went for the 7 speed S-Tronic which was just launched. Not had much opportunity to do some launch control runs, but the best so far with a fully laden car on a damp road was 4.6s for 0-60, so it can only get better, and will try a full on 1/4 mile also.

Engine note with roof down is fantastic

Last edited by phope; 05-26-2011 at 10:57 PM.
      2011 Audi TT RS Roadster, S-Tronic
      Sepang Blue, Silver Silk Nappa heated leather, Grey roof
      19" 5 spoke, LED interior package, Pop-up rear spoiler
      RNS-E with Bose, Bluetooth, AMI
      Retrofit Carbon package, R8 engine bay caps

4. Member
      05-27-2011 06:50 AM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by phope View Post
      Your car is looking great! I'm more than a little jealous that we aren't getting roadsters (a classic "proper" sports car)!!

5. Global Moderator
      05-27-2011 07:38 AM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by Axel1 View Post
      For those of you in N.A. that might be interested but didn't see it, this is the interview with Audi Product Manager Mark Fruechtnicht at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show in Feb. Nothing much we don't know now...

We actually spent last weekend with Mark. He came up to the Carlisle show with us, and was kind enough to bring along a German market A1 that Audi has here for testing purposes. What a neat little car. Mark is definitely a "car guy," and you guys can rest assured that the TT line in the USA is in good hands. In fact, he spent a little time proudly showing us some pictures of his new daily driver - a brand new TTS.

-Tim

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-27-2011 08:00 AM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim@Fourtitude View Post
      We actually spent last weekend with Mark...In fact, he spent a little time proudly showing us some pictures of his new daily driver - a brand new TTS.

-Tim
      How about he shows us some TT RS prices? This is getting ridiculous.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5
      2012 Phantom Black TTRS (Tech Pack, Sport Exhaust Titanium Pack, Heated Seats)

7. Global Moderator
      05-27-2011 08:12 AM #132
      At this point, actually, the pricing decision is out of his hands. He's had input on it, but it's now being finalized at higher levels. Mark was extremely interested to hear what all of you guys had to say about the car, and I passed on to him some of the general thoughts that I've picked up from reading in here a lot over the past few months.

-Tim

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-27-2011 10:12 AM #133
      At this point, actually, the pricing decision is out of his hands. He's had input on it, but it's now being finalized at higher levels. Mark was extremely interested to hear what all of you guys had to say about the car, and I passed on to him some of the general thoughts that I've picked up from reading in here a lot over the past few months.

-Tim
      Thanks.

I've place an order, but will cancel it if the price is too high. Likewise, I've ordered options that I may want to change once I know the prices. I imagine production is going to start soon...can't really change after that point. Oh, and I've got a car to sell, should I go ahead with my order. Just getting a little frustrated.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-27-2011 04:48 PM #134
      Spoke to the sales manager today. When I said I might be changing some options once the prices are announced, he had a look of fear on his face. He said they already have a commision number for the car, and have confirmation of it's allocation to them. Apparently that means production is close, and it may be too late to make changes. Grrr...
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

10. 05-27-2011 05:34 PM #135
      I understand your frustration. I wavered on options, too. I asked my dealer to call me immediately before they confirmed the allocation with me to review my order and we ended up changing things before they fully committed the order. It's a good thing I did, because I changed my mind on a couple of things. My hesitation wasn't around price, necessarily (although I think some of the options are going to be extremely expensive). Mine was more around how the car would appear. I think I'll be pretty happy with where I landed, though. I nearly did a custom color, but didn't want to risk a huge delay.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-27-2011 05:53 PM #136
      I'm torn on both price and appearance. I ordered Aluminum pack (and sport exhaust/tech package/heated seats), but really want the titanium wheels. Not possible in the US. Now, I'm even questioning if I want the look of the Aluminum pack even if the price is ok. So, I'm considering changing to titanium sport exhaust pack, and skip the aluminum pack. That should save $$$ also.
      Last edited by DrDomm; 05-27-2011 at 06:05 PM.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 VW R32
      05-27-2011 06:15 PM #137
      I'm in the same boat regarding frustration level and lack of "transparency" from Audi.

I'm first in line at a local Audi dealer and have been informed that they had already configured a Phantom Black Pearl with black leather, tech packaged, and aluminum exterior packaged, sport exhaust and heated front seats TTRS given their very first allocation. It was configured by the sales manager for their "inventory". For some reason, there wasn't any invitation by the dealer for any of my input regarding the configuration. I've also been told that there is a "chance" that this configuration can be changed to fit my specifications.

I was told that it was slated for a July build, which would put its ETA right around late October.
      I was also told that the 2012 pricing will not be availible until July or August.

13. Member
      05-27-2011 06:50 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by DrDomm View Post
      I'm torn on both price and appearance. I ordered Aluminum pack (and sport exhaust/tech package/heated seats), but really want the titanium wheels. Not possible in the US. Now, I'm even questioning if I want the look of the Aluminum pack even if the price is ok. So, I'm considering changing to titanium sport exhaust pack, and skip the aluminum pack. That should save $$$ also.
      I weighed the exact same things... finally coming to the conclusion I would like the titanium wheels much more than the aluminum package details. After doing research on powder coating or painting the silver wheels, it looked problematical. So I'm now firmly preferring the titanium sport exhaust pckg.

Vehicles
      05-27-2011 07:12 PM #139
      Just checking in from the UK...a little jealous you guys are getting the slightly more powerful engine

We've had our roadster since January - decided against the manual box, and went for the 7 speed S-Tronic which was just launched. Not had much opportunity to do some launch control runs, but the best so far with a fully laden car on a damp road was 4.6s for 0-60, so it can only get better, and will try a full on 1/4 mile also.

Car looks great! I've always loved blue on cream!!

Very jealous we don't get the roadster here man!
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package

15. 05-27-2011 07:17 PM #140
      My observation on the aluminium pack? Looks cheap and tacky in real life...I've seen it on several cars now, both TTRS and RS5

Save your money.
      2011 Audi TT RS Roadster, S-Tronic
      Sepang Blue, Silver Silk Nappa heated leather, Grey roof
      19" 5 spoke, LED interior package, Pop-up rear spoiler
      RNS-E with Bose, Bluetooth, AMI
      Retrofit Carbon package, R8 engine bay caps

16. Global Moderator
      05-27-2011 08:51 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by Diablo925 View Post
      I'm in the same boat regarding frustration level and lack of "transparency" from Audi.
      For what it's worth, and I know this will probably come across as me being defensive of Audi, there isn't really a transparency issue, because there really isn't anything to be transparent about - the pricing hasn't been settled yet, and the build dates haven't been settled yet either. Once they are, you'll hear about it very quickly, I promise.

I spent a little time talking with Mark about both of these issues last weekend. I don't have any solid news to give you guys, but build dates are not allocated yet, and pricing isn't finalized either. Mark is waiting on hearing about both of those from his superiors, and I am sure that when he does he will be quick to share them.

As I mentioned earlier, Mark is a nice guy, and he was very interested to hear what you guys thought about issues like where the car ought to be priced, etc. I passed on the general consensus that I've gathered from you all, and he was very pleased to hear what you guys had to say.

-Tim

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-27-2011 09:20 PM #142
      My observation on the aluminium pack? Looks cheap and tacky in real life...I've seen it on several cars now, both TTRS and RS5

Save your money.
      Which is what I've been thinking.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

Vehicles
      05-27-2011 09:27 PM #143
      Which is what I've been thinking.
      Yeah that's why I went with the GmbH Blackout Pack

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-27-2011 09:35 PM #144
      ...I passed on the general consensus that I've gathered from you all, and he was very pleased to hear what you guys had to say.

-Tim
      I'm not sure what you passed along, or if he was actually pleased that you made him aware of some negative feelings, so that he can address them. We (loyal Audi customers) are in a bit of a conumdrum here. We have to place orders early in the process due to the limited supply of these vehicles, and everyone's desire to get it before winter. Doing so without all the details/prices is a leap of faith. The thought that I may not be able to modify my order once the prices come out is not right. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. Maybe not.

I have no problem with you defending Audi, but when I keep plopping down $60K+ on vehicles, I feel I have the right to be critical. And after my last (Q7 #2) buying experience, this one isn't starting off on the right foot.

Thanks for the input Tim. If you talk with Mark again, give him my email address.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-27-2011 09:36 PM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by joshsmith View Post
      Yeah that's why I went with the GmbH Blackout Pack
      Must be nice. Our options are limited...but the standard equipment list is pretty solid.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

Vehicles
      05-27-2011 10:04 PM #146
      Must be nice. Our options are limited...but the standard equipment list is pretty solid.
      Oh no good! Yeah the GmbH Blackout is basically the silver line around the front grill is blacked out and any silver bits that surround windows or rear diffusers etc are blacked. Makes it look VERY stealth and sexy - combined with the Titanium-Look 19" Alloys and silver mirrors... mmmmm

22. 05-28-2011 12:06 AM #147
      For what it's worth, and I know this will probably come across as me being defensive of Audi, there isn't really a transparency issue, because there really isn't anything to be transparent about - the pricing hasn't been settled yet, and the build dates haven't been settled yet either. Once they are, you'll hear about it very quickly, I promise.

I spent a little time talking with Mark about both of these issues last weekend. I don't have any solid news to give you guys, but build dates are not allocated yet, and pricing isn't finalized either. Mark is waiting on hearing about both of those from his superiors, and I am sure that when he does he will be quick to share them.

As I mentioned earlier, Mark is a nice guy, and he was very interested to hear what you guys thought about issues like where the car ought to be priced, etc. I passed on the general consensus that I've gathered from you all, and he was very pleased to hear what you guys had to say.

-Tim
      How about getting Audi to let us order the Titanium wheels with the aluminum trim as a no cost option? Also how many model years will they sell the TTRS? I want to get one but I don't want to order right away. Although I may consider it if they will be that rare.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-28-2011 09:40 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
      How about getting Audi to let us order the Titanium wheels with the aluminum trim as a no cost option?
      Seems sensible, right? Afterall most Euro pics show that combo.

Instead, we get to order hideous high gloss black wheels with a red stripe. Nice choice AoA.

Also, anyone know what the "Titanium grille" looks like? It's listed in the "Sport exhaust titanium package". It's great ordering things when you don't know what they are.

Wow that was a ton of sarcasm
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

24. Member
      05-28-2011 10:34 AM #149
      It's great ordering things when you don't know what they are.

I ordered Ibis white w/Titanium sport exhaust pack. Not sure now what she'll look like. What will her window trim be?

Vehicles
      05-28-2011 10:56 AM #150
      Seems sensible, right? Afterall most Euro pics show that combo.

Instead, we get to order hideous high gloss black wheels with a red stripe. Nice choice AoA.

Also, anyone know what the "Titanium grille" looks like? It's listed in the "Sport exhaust titanium package". It's great ordering things when you don't know what they are.

LOL

Do you get the gloss black rims with red stripe as an option for the TTRS?!?! That would look HORRIBLE!!! It only SLIGHTLY suits the red RS3... And only really as a one off kinda thing - would look way too ricer for day-to-day living!!

Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast