Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: TT-RS Order Guide

1. Administrator Tim@Fourtitude's Avatar
      05-27-2011 08:51 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by Diablo925 View Post
      I'm in the same boat regarding frustration level and lack of "transparency" from Audi.
      For what it's worth, and I know this will probably come across as me being defensive of Audi, there isn't really a transparency issue, because there really isn't anything to be transparent about - the pricing hasn't been settled yet, and the build dates haven't been settled yet either. Once they are, you'll hear about it very quickly, I promise.

I spent a little time talking with Mark about both of these issues last weekend. I don't have any solid news to give you guys, but build dates are not allocated yet, and pricing isn't finalized either. Mark is waiting on hearing about both of those from his superiors, and I am sure that when he does he will be quick to share them.

As I mentioned earlier, Mark is a nice guy, and he was very interested to hear what you guys thought about issues like where the car ought to be priced, etc. I passed on the general consensus that I've gathered from you all, and he was very pleased to hear what you guys had to say.

-Tim

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 OB Q7 S, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-27-2011 09:20 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by phope View Post
      My observation on the aluminium pack? Looks cheap and tacky in real life...I've seen it on several cars now, both TTRS and RS5

Save your money.
      Which is what I've been thinking.
      2011 Orca Black Q7 S-Line
      2012 Phantom Black TTRS (Tech Pack, Sport Exhaust Titanium Pack, Heated Seats)
      1999 Spec Miata #46

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS, 2012 Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-Line
      05-27-2011 09:27 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by DrDomm View Post
      Which is what I've been thinking.
      Yeah that's why I went with the GmbH Blackout Pack
      '12 Audi TT RS, Phantom Black, Manual
      Bose Sound System inc Audi Music Interface and TV Reception
      Blackout Pack by GmbH + GmbH 19' Titanium Look Alloy Wheels + Dark Window Tint
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package
      Adaptive Headlights & Tyre Pressure Monitor

4. Member
      Vehicles
      05-27-2011 09:35 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim@Fourtitude View Post
      ...I passed on the general consensus that I've gathered from you all, and he was very pleased to hear what you guys had to say.

-Tim
      I'm not sure what you passed along, or if he was actually pleased that you made him aware of some negative feelings, so that he can address them. We (loyal Audi customers) are in a bit of a conumdrum here. We have to place orders early in the process due to the limited supply of these vehicles, and everyone's desire to get it before winter. Doing so without all the details/prices is a leap of faith. The thought that I may not be able to modify my order once the prices come out is not right. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. Maybe not.

I have no problem with you defending Audi, but when I keep plopping down $60K+ on vehicles, I feel I have the right to be critical. And after my last (Q7 #2) buying experience, this one isn't starting off on the right foot.

Thanks for the input Tim. If you talk with Mark again, give him my email address.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

5. Member
      Vehicles
      05-27-2011 09:36 PM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by joshsmith View Post
      Yeah that's why I went with the GmbH Blackout Pack
      Must be nice. Our options are limited...but the standard equipment list is pretty solid.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

Vehicles
      05-27-2011 10:04 PM #146
      Must be nice. Our options are limited...but the standard equipment list is pretty solid.
      Oh no good! Yeah the GmbH Blackout is basically the silver line around the front grill is blacked out and any silver bits that surround windows or rear diffusers etc are blacked. Makes it look VERY stealth and sexy - combined with the Titanium-Look 19" Alloys and silver mirrors... mmmmm
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package

7. 05-28-2011 12:06 AM #147
      For what it's worth, and I know this will probably come across as me being defensive of Audi, there isn't really a transparency issue, because there really isn't anything to be transparent about - the pricing hasn't been settled yet, and the build dates haven't been settled yet either. Once they are, you'll hear about it very quickly, I promise.

I spent a little time talking with Mark about both of these issues last weekend. I don't have any solid news to give you guys, but build dates are not allocated yet, and pricing isn't finalized either. Mark is waiting on hearing about both of those from his superiors, and I am sure that when he does he will be quick to share them.

As I mentioned earlier, Mark is a nice guy, and he was very interested to hear what you guys thought about issues like where the car ought to be priced, etc. I passed on the general consensus that I've gathered from you all, and he was very pleased to hear what you guys had to say.

-Tim
      How about getting Audi to let us order the Titanium wheels with the aluminum trim as a no cost option? Also how many model years will they sell the TTRS? I want to get one but I don't want to order right away. Although I may consider it if they will be that rare.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      05-28-2011 09:40 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
      How about getting Audi to let us order the Titanium wheels with the aluminum trim as a no cost option?
      Seems sensible, right? Afterall most Euro pics show that combo.

Instead, we get to order hideous high gloss black wheels with a red stripe. Nice choice AoA.

Also, anyone know what the "Titanium grille" looks like? It's listed in the "Sport exhaust titanium package". It's great ordering things when you don't know what they are.

Wow that was a ton of sarcasm
      1999 Spec Miata #46

9. Member
      05-28-2011 10:34 AM #149
      It's great ordering things when you don't know what they are.

I ordered Ibis white w/Titanium sport exhaust pack. Not sure now what she'll look like. What will her window trim be?

Vehicles
      05-28-2011 10:56 AM #150
      Seems sensible, right? Afterall most Euro pics show that combo.

Instead, we get to order hideous high gloss black wheels with a red stripe. Nice choice AoA.

Also, anyone know what the "Titanium grille" looks like? It's listed in the "Sport exhaust titanium package". It's great ordering things when you don't know what they are.

LOL

Do you get the gloss black rims with red stripe as an option for the TTRS?!?! That would look HORRIBLE!!! It only SLIGHTLY suits the red RS3... And only really as a one off kinda thing - would look way too ricer for day-to-day living!!

11. Member
      Vehicles
      05-28-2011 01:28 PM #151
      LOL

Do you get the gloss black rims with red stripe as an option for the TTRS?!?! That would look HORRIBLE!!! It only SLIGHTLY suits the red RS3... And only really as a one off kinda thing - would look way too ricer for day-to-day living!!
      Exactly.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

12. Member
      05-28-2011 03:22 PM #152
      I'm in the same boat regarding frustration level and lack of "transparency" from Audi.

I'm first in line at a local Audi dealer and have been informed that they had already configured a Phantom Black Pearl with black leather, tech packaged, and aluminum exterior packaged, sport exhaust and heated front seats TTRS given their very first allocation. It was configured by the sales manager for their "inventory". For some reason, there wasn't any invitation by the dealer for any of my input regarding the configuration. I've also been told that there is a "chance" that this configuration can be changed to fit my specifications.

I was told that it was slated for a July build, which would put its ETA right around late October.
      I was also told that the 2012 pricing will not be availible until July or August.
      My dealer has disclosed my TTRS went into production May 16th. In port early July. Arrive dealer Mid July. Prices might not be disclosed until shortly before delivery to dealer. I'm in No. California.

13. Administrator Tim@Fourtitude's Avatar
      05-28-2011 03:27 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by mkauzer View Post
      My dealer has disclosed my TTRS went into production May 16th. In port early July. Arrive dealer Mid July. Prices might not be disclosed until shortly before delivery to dealer. I'm in No. California.
      I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but no US TT-RSes have been built yet. The build dates have not even been allocated at this point.

-Tim

14. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      05-28-2011 04:37 PM #154
      I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but no US TT-RSes have been built yet. The build dates have not even been allocated at this point.

-Tim
      Are they behind schedule. I was told that production was suppose to began on May 30th?

15. Member
      05-28-2011 04:52 PM #155
      LOL

Those wheels are only available on the Misano Red and Phantom Black color TT RS's here...

16. 05-28-2011 05:40 PM #156

-Tim
      Order Status
      Factory Order Bank (10) *
      Status Date
      05/06/2011
      Requested Production Week
      25/2011 06/20/2011
      Assigned Production Week
      29/2011 07/18/2011

I recieved this awhile back from my sales rep, doesnt that mean its been allocated?

Vehicles
      05-28-2011 07:15 PM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by m3cosmos View Post
      Are they behind schedule. I was told that production was suppose to began on May 30th?
      Quote Originally Posted by Axel1 View Post
      Those wheels are only available on the Misano Red and Phantom Black color TT RS's here...
      @ Axel1 - Man that would look SOOOO bad on the TTRS ! Having said that - really interested to see just how bad they do look on the TTRS. Also really interested to see how the US-spec RS' look compared to the ones that come to OZ. After looking around on the German and UK websites and going through the little configurator thing I found that about 90% of their options are standard on the ones that come here. And there's a whole bunch of options that I've never even heard of for out the OZ-spec. I wonder if it is the same situation for you guys??

@ m3cosmos - Mine begins production tomorrow!! Coincidently it's my birthday tomorrow too!! It's meant to be hahah

More excited that it's the car's birthday rather than my own!

Vehicles
      '09/TTS/Roaster/APR Tuned 100 Octane, '11 S5 Cabrio
      05-28-2011 08:17 PM #158
      Happy BirTThday to both you and the new baby RS!!

It's mine too, May 29th a great day in history.
      '09 TTS/Roadster/APR Tuned/100 Octane - 1st TTS delivered in the US, '11 S5 Cabrio

19. Member
      05-28-2011 08:23 PM #159
      @joshsmith... your start of production news sounds great! You'll probably be getting yours before us... so you'll have to tell us how you like it!

Here's a pic of how mine will look

Vehicles
      05-28-2011 08:40 PM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by Fissues View Post
      Happy BirTThday to both you and the new baby RS!!

It's mine too, May 29th a great day in history.
      @joshsmith... your start of production news sounds great! You'll probably be getting yours before us... so you'll have to tell us how you like it!

Here's a pic of how mine will look
      @ Fissues - Thanks mate !! LOL - Happy birthday to you too!

@ Axel1 - Mate that Sepang Blue is HOT! I almost regret not getting a louder colour but I think the stealth look will work nicely for me.

Yeah sooo keen it's actually driving me insane! Every other word that comes out of my mouth is "I WANT MY TTRS ALREADY !!!"!! My girlfriend has had enough of me talking about it LOL

My car docks here sometime late August/September! So deilvery will be once window tint and paint/leather protection is all done and will be sometime mid-September/1st week of October at latest. I've lucky enough to spend some serious time with the TTRS as I just go into Audi whenever I want to have a fix. I have banned myself from doing this now until it arrives otherwise I won't be a excited haha.

Really looking forward to the little things as well at the moment to be honest, like how the mirrors are in-line with your eyes so very F1 style feeling, Recaro's, LED interior lights/DRL's, Bose system etc. .....At least for the first 1000km until I can put my foot down anway

I've already notified my boss that from day of delivery I will be taking 2 or 3 days off so I can just drive and enjoy it

21. Member
      05-28-2011 08:54 PM #161
      @joshsmith... your enthusiasm is very evident

Couple of black pics for ya...

22. Member
      05-28-2011 09:09 PM #162
      The front in black DOES look a lot like a Darth Vader mask!!!

23. Member
      05-28-2011 09:25 PM #163
      another blue with titanium pckg...

Vehicles
      05-28-2011 09:26 PM #164
      [QUOTE=Axel1;71803662]@joshsmith... your enthusiasm is very evident

Couple of black pics for ya...

QUOTE]

The front in black DOES look a lot like a Darth Vader mask!!!
      Hahaha

Yeah I've seen all those pics - pretty sure I watched this vid about 100 times

Only difference in mine to this one is wheels and I have the silver mirrors.

Love the stealth Darth Vader look! So aggressive! hahah! If you look at an Ibis white TTRS it looks a bit like those warrior dudes from Star Wars - I forget what they are called.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/un...ormtrooper.jpg

Me thinks someone at Audi Head Office loves Star Wars.. hahaha.

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 VW R32
      05-28-2011 11:50 PM #165
      Quote Originally Posted by mkauzer View Post
      Where is you dealer located?
      I'm in NorCal as well, hence the "925" area code.

26. Member
      05-29-2011 12:12 AM #166
      Where is you dealer located?
      I'm in NorCal as well, hence the "925" area code.
      My salesperson is A.C. at Livermore Audi. I've no reason to suspect he's not being honest. If Tim is correct, Livermore Audi's got some 'splainin' to do.

27. Member
      05-29-2011 02:48 AM #167
      My prediction:

The slimy dealerships will order the full 500-1000 car allocation for themselves to mark up in price before 90% of the people that want the car can actually order them.

I will personally poop on the desk of an AoA executive if this happens to me.

- Jeremy -

28. Member
      Vehicles
      05-29-2011 10:45 AM #168
      The Darth Vader car that AoA brought to the US is awesome looking, but note that it has the carbon fiber mirrors. How much is that option? No one knows. Also, it has the "black'd out" grill frame. Is that the same as the titanium grill in the "sport exhaust titanium pack"? No one knows. Of course, it has the 20" wheels that aren't available here. The car that they gave to Car & Driver had aluminum pack with titanium wheels and S-tronic...neither of which can be purchased in the US.

There's so many unknowns still at this point. It's hard to know if you will get a car with clashing exterior trim pieces (dark wheels/silver mirrors/chrome grill trim) or not. That's why I ordered the aluminum pack...figured it would at least match the standard US wheels. Just not sure it's what I want.

Oh well.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

29. Member
      05-29-2011 04:34 PM #169
      The Darth Vader car that AoA brought to the US is awesome looking, but note that it has the carbon fiber mirrors. How much is that option? No one knows. Also, it has the "black'd out" grill frame. Is that the same as the titanium grill in the "sport exhaust titanium pack"? No one knows. Of course, it has the 20" wheels that aren't available here. The car that they gave to Car & Driver had aluminum pack with titanium wheels and S-tronic...neither of which can be purchased in the US.

There's so many unknowns still at this point. It's hard to know if you will get a car with clashing exterior trim pieces (dark wheels/silver mirrors/chrome grill trim) or not. That's why I ordered the aluminum pack...figured it would at least match the standard US wheels. Just not sure it's what I want.

Oh well.
      I posted earlier in this thread a vwvortex link to $300. carbon fiber look covers for the mirrors... the electrically folding carbon fiber ones offered by Audi will probably be $1100-$1200+ based on the 1100 EUR price on the Audi Germany website (the cf mirrors are not offered on the UK website... just the electrically folding option).

It will be VERY interesting to get clarification on the "Titanium Grille" included in our "Sport Exhaust Titanium Package"... The 308 GBP cost on the Audi UK website (360 EUR on Audi Germany) for their "Black Stying Pack" includes "radiator grille, license plate holder and radiator grille frame in high-gloss black"... do we get a titanium grille and frame surround, or just a titanium surround (in place of the silver) with the standard grille?

Perhaps Tim might get a chance to ask Mark or AoA the details of the "Sport Exhaust Titanium Package"... as soon as possible?

30. Member
      Vehicles
      05-29-2011 05:22 PM #170
      I posted earlier in this thread a vwvortex link to $300. carbon fiber look covers for the mirrors... the electrically folding carbon fiber ones offered by Audi will probably be $1100-$1200+ based on the 1100 EUR price on the Audi Germany website (the cf mirrors are not offered on the UK website... just the electrically folding option).

It will be VERY interesting to get clarification on the "Titanium Grille" included in our "Sport Exhaust Titanium Package"... The 308 GBP cost on the Audi UK website (360 EUR on Audi Germany) for their "Black Stying Pack" includes "radiator grille, license plate holder and radiator grille frame in high-gloss black"... do we get a titanium grille and frame surround, or just a titanium surround (in place of the silver) with the standard grille?

Perhaps Tim might get a chance to ask Mark or AoA the details of the "Sport Exhaust Titanium Package"... as soon as possible?
      I remember your suggestion for the aftermarket carbon fiber mirror covers. They should come standard from Audi when you get the "sport exhaust titanium pack".

All this info should be available at the dealership at the time that they start taking orders.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

31. Administrator Tim@Fourtitude's Avatar
      05-29-2011 05:42 PM #171

If I talk to Mark again, I'll ask him. I do have a couple of questions in to him at the moment.

Also, FWIW, on every other model that Audi offers a Titanium Pack for in the US, it includes the blacked out grille, so I would imagine that would be the case here also.

-Tim

Vehicles
      05-29-2011 07:19 PM #172
      TTRS IS IN PRODUCTION TODAY - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BABY RS !!!!

33. Member
      05-29-2011 09:03 PM #173
      I ordered a die-cast model today Will have to hold me until the real thing arrives! These are links to ebay, but they are also available on Amazon.com
      RED or SILVER

Here is the above model cleaned-up some more...
      http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1...go-audi-tt-rs/

and some discussion on the model clean-up... I've never been into modeling, but found this pretty interesting! (he should have painted the calipers black...lol)
      http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1...ii-audi-tt-rs/

34. Member
      05-29-2011 09:18 PM #174
      TTRS IS IN PRODUCTION TODAY - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BABY RS !!!!
      and happy bday to you Josh! Don't party too much!!!

Vehicles
      05-29-2011 10:09 PM #175
      and happy bday to you Josh! Don't party too much!!!

Hhahaha ! Thanks mate! Love the pic

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast