Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 28 of 112 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: TT-RS Order Guide

1. Member
      07-08-2011 11:47 AM #676
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bill View Post
      There is, that's why it takes a bit longer - the ships have to go through the Panama Canal. I can't remember if it's San Diego or Long Beach. Either way, mine is supposed to arrive there 8/8 - just noticed that's one month away! One long month. . .
      I pulled this up from another forum dated 4/20/2010:

"I just spoke with Audi Customer Relations and got a little more information about what's going on with the west coast ports of entry. According to the representative, they are not using San Diego anymore...they are using Houston. All cars headed to the West Coast of the United States will ship to Houston, and will be either railed or trucked depending on final location. She did not know how long this has been going on, but said she thought it was a recent change due to cost analysis (its faster and cheaper to get to Houston and use truck/rail instead of taking the boat all the way to San Diego).

They told me that my car left Germany yesterday (19 April), and will arrive to Houston on 10 May and will be railed to Seattle in order to arrive to the dealer NLT 17 May. That's pretty FAST! Only 21 days on the boat, and then 7 days to get it offloaded and railed to the Northwest. I know that Audi is usually a bit conservative on dates, so I'm hoping it might even be a couple days earlier."

I had read that earlier and thought my car must be on the Camillia Ace also.
      2012 TTRS, Ibis, Sport Exhaust Titanium Package, Wing Delete

2. Member
      07-08-2011 11:56 AM #677
      Full Audi press release below:

Audi announces pricing for 2012 MY TT RS

• Introduction of TT RS marks the much anticipated return of the RS nameplate to U.S.

• TT RS fitted with a manual transmission and the award-winning, powerful 2.5 Liter TFSI® turbo-charged five-cylinder engine

Audi of America today announced pricing for the much anticipated Audi TT RS. The 2012 TT RS is the pinnacle of the TT model line, and signifies the return of the RS nameplate to the U.S. The RS nameplate represents the highest performance category for Audi vehicles, and reflects the technical competencies gained through Audi motorsports successes. The Audi TT RS will be priced at $56,850 (excluding destination charges, taxes, title, options and dealer charges).

The Audi TT RS is powered by the award-winning 2.5 liter turbocharged five-cylinder TFSI engine that generates 360 hp and 343 lb-ft of torque between 1,650 and 5,400 rpm for power on demand. All engine components have been designed to cope with extreme loads and the demands of a thoroughbred sports engine. Forged six-bearing crankshaft, weight optimized connection rods, sodium cooled exhaust valves and lightweight pistons with specifically adapted ring assembly are indicative of the elements engineered into the TT RS.

The combination of FSI® injection and a high-efficiency turbocharger result in optimum combustion, superior power and rapid buildup of boost pressure even at low speeds. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission and quattro® all-wheel drive is standard. An automatic transmission is not available for the TT RS. The Audi TT RS accelerates from 0 – 60 mph in only 4.1 seconds, making it the fastest in its class.

Audi magnetic ride is standard on the TT RS, which allows the suspension characteristic to be actively altered; the driver benefits as the system constantly adapts to the current driving situation. A sport mode stiffens the magnetic ride, enhances throttle responsiveness, and activates a more striking engine sound via flaps in the exhaust system.

The aluminum and steel hybrid ASF® technology also found on the TT and TTS models, reduces weight while helping increase rigidity and safety. The coupe space frame at 3,306 lb is made up of 69% aluminum and 31% steel which makes it 48% lighter than a full steel frame. The Audi TT RS offers excellent aerodynamics with a drag coefficient of 0.32 due to its optimized silhouette and smooth vehicle underbody.

The Audi TT RS features exclusive design elements denoting its special place at the top of the TT model line. The high gloss black diamond-patterned Singleframe® grille and large front air inlets give notice of the vehicles performance, as does the fixed rear wing spoiler that provides increased down force. Oval exhaust pipes, rear diffuser, unique 19” rotor wheels, prominent body sills and exterior mirror housings in matte aluminum finish round out the RS-specific design elements.

The interior of the Audi TT RS also features RS-exclusive appointments, such as the contoured 3-spoke sport multifunction steering wheel, aluminum door sills with the RS logo, and RS-specific interior door handles. Other interior features include 10-way power sport front seats with three-step heating, leather seat coverings, brushed aluminum interior inlays, and available LED ambient lighting.

The Audi TT RS offers electronic features one expects from Audi, including Audi concert radio with single CD player and MP3 reading capability, and AM / FM / SAT radio with a complimentary 3-month subscription to SiriusXM® Satellite Radio. Available advanced electronics offer an increased level of sophistication for the premium sports car, including technologies like Audi navigation plus with real time traffic, MMI® inspired controls, a BOSE® sound system, and Audi music interface.

The 2012 Audi TT RS is a unique car that will appeal to Audi enthusiasts and performance vehicle purists alike. The Audi TT RS goes on sale this summer.

Specifications

ENGINE:

Type: 2.5 liter turbocharged, in-line five-cylinder, spark-ignition engine with TFSI direct injection, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts [DOHC], turbocharger with intercooler.

Arrangement: Front mounted, transverse

Bore: 3.25 in (82.5 mm)

Stroke: 3.65 in (92.8 mm)

Displacement: 151 / 3.25 / 3.65 (2480 / 82.5 x 92.8)

Compression ratio: 10:01

Fuel: Unleaded Super, 95 RON (unleaded regular, 91 RON, as an alternative with slight reduction in performance)

Horsepower (SAE): 360 hp @ 5,500 - 6,700 rpm (265 kW)

Max. torque: 343 lb-ft @ 1,650 - 5,400 rpm (465 Nm)

ENGINE DESIGN:

Cylinder block: Cast iron

Cylinder head: Aluminum

Valve train / intake: DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:

Battery: 380 amp, 80 amp/hr

Alternator: 140 amp

DRIVETRAIN:

Transmission: 6-speed manual, fully synchronized

Gear ratios:

1st 3.570

2nd 2.160

3rd 1.890

4th 1.430

5th 1.160

6th 0.097

Reverse 4.500

STEERING:

Type: Eletromechanical steering with speed-dependent power assistance

Ratio: 16.9 : 1

Turns (lock-to-lock): 2.9

Turning circle

(curb-to-curb): 35.96 ft (10.96 m)

SUSPENSION:

Front: MacPherson strut (gas charged) with aluminum 3-point lower control arm, aluminum sub frame, tubular anti roll bar, track stabilizing steering roll radius

Rear: Four-link rear suspension with separate spring/shock absorber arrangement

BRAKES:

Service brake: Dual-circuit brake system with diagonal split, ESC, hydraulic brake assistant, front and rear disc brakes ventilated

Front size: 14.6 in (370 mm)

Rear size: 12.2 in (310 mm)

Parking brake: Mechanically actuated at the rear wheels

WHEELS (standard only):

Size: Aluminum, 9Jx19

TIRES (standard only):

Size: 255/35 R19 Y

BODY:

Material: Hybrid ASF construction: Lightweight construction concept, which is a mixed construction using aluminum and steel

Corrosion protection: Multi-step anti-corrosion protection

CAPACITIES:

Engine oil: 6.9 qt (6.5 l)

Fuel tank: 15.90 gal (60 l)

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS:

Wheelbase: 97.2 in (2,468 mm)

Track front / rear: 61.2/ 60.9 in (1,555/ 1,546 mm)

Overall length: 165.3 in (4,198 mm)

Overall width: w/o mirrors 72.5 in (1,842 mm)

Height: 53.1 in (1,348 mm)

Curb weight, quattro: 3306 lb (1500 kg)

Drag coefficient: 0.32

INTERIOR DIMENSIONS:

Seating capacity: 2 + 2

Head room

front / rear: 37.7/ 32.6 in (957/ 829 mm)

Shoulder room

front / rear: 53.2/ 47.5 in (1,352/ 1,206 mm)

Leg room

front / rear: 41.1/ 29.3 in (1,044/ 743 mm)

Int. vol. (EPA)

front / rear: 47.7/ 26.2 cu ft

Luggage capacity

standard / seats folded: 13.1/ 24.7 cu ft (290/ 700 l)

PERFORMANCE:

0-60 mph 4.1

Top speed 174 mph

EFFICIENCY/ENVIRONMENT:

EPA estimate:

City mpg: Not available at present time

Highway mpg: Not available at present time

Combined mpg: Not available at present time

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1RWuW7jJ6

3. Member
      07-08-2011 11:59 AM #678
      PERFORMANCE:

0-60 mph 4.1

Top speed 174 mph!

4. Member
      07-08-2011 12:10 PM #679
      Sorry, didn't see the other thread was started for the press release.

5. Member
      07-08-2011 01:25 PM #680
      Quote Originally Posted by mkauzer View Post
      PERFORMANCE:

0-60 mph 4.1

Top speed 174 mph!
      fantastic numbers for an unmodified TT !! I don't think I'll ever have the occasion to test out the top speed, but I'll be testing out the acceleration often!

Not sure how our modest HP increase over the previous European model can result in us now beating the Stronic 0-60 by quite a bit?? (or 62mph as the case may be...)

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman R; 2012 R8 V10
      07-08-2011 01:39 PM #681
      Quote Originally Posted by Axel1 View Post
      fantastic numbers for an unmodified TT !! I don't think I'll ever have the occasion to test out the top speed, but I'll be testing out the acceleration often!

Not sure how our modest HP increase over the previous European model can result in us now beating the Stronic 0-60 by quite a bit?? (or 62mph as the case may be...)

It's slower than the DSG - that was tested at 3.6sec. Audi's published numbers are conservative, so it's probably actually less than the 4.1s listed. With an APR flash, this will be a little rocket ship!

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      07-08-2011 01:40 PM #682
      Another interesting factoid...for as long as I can remember, all of the German car companies except Porsche had a gentleman's agreement to cap the top speeds of their US market cars at 155mph. Audi broke ranks with the R8, now they're following with our car. A subtle nuance that few owners ever get to explore, but interesting none the less.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

8. Member
      Vehicles
      07-08-2011 01:44 PM #683
      It's slower than the DSG - that was tested at 3.6sec. Audi's published numbers are conservative, so it's probably actually less than the 4.1s listed. With an APR flash, this will be a little rocket ship!
      Note that when Car and Driver published that number there was all sorts of interweb talk that maybe Audi had thrown them a ringer...until it was noted that the figure was within tics of what all the Euro magazines tested too, with different cars.
      Further speculation was that no way an honest 360hp (or less in the C and D car) could produce those numbers, fueling some number crunchers to say the actual figure was probably around the 425hp number. Guess we'll really know when someone gets a US spec on a dyno.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      07-08-2011 01:46 PM #684
      Quote Originally Posted by Axel1 View Post

That's probably good for a 12second something quarter mile. Any idea if audi quote conservative on 0-60's? I'm surprised no magazine tests yet for TT-RS 360hp version.

10. 07-08-2011 01:51 PM #685
      People with Stage2 Revo are seeing low to mid 3 second range 0-60 in the UK

11. 07-08-2011 01:58 PM #686
      Quote Originally Posted by mtbscoTT View Post
      Note that when Car and Driver published that number there was all sorts of interweb talk that maybe Audi had thrown them a ringer...until it was noted that the figure was within tics of what all the Euro magazines tested too, with different cars.
      Further speculation was that no way an honest 360hp (or less in the C and D car) could produce those numbers, fueling some number crunchers to say the actual figure was probably around the 425hp number. Guess we'll really know when someone gets a US spec on a dyno.
      I think the engine has always been making close to 360hp, lots of folks in Europe with the original 335hp motor were getting closer to 360hp on the dyno and their acceleration figures back it up. I think the acceleration numbers are also a product of the torque the engine makes, peak torque from 1600rpm is insane. Couple that with AWD and a hard launch and 4.1s is very believable on stock tune.

I really doubt that it's making much more than 360hp though and I don't think the US spec engine will be as underrated. At 360hp it's already making 144hp/liter stock which is really impressive from the factory.

Chipped it will be around 410-420hp and then you'll start seeing 0-60 in the mid 3 second range.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      07-08-2011 02:22 PM #687
      I had read on one of the eurpean websites ~ 2-3 months ago when the TT-RS Plus was spec'd that it did incorporate real changes to the engine. This HP boost is not soley achieved through re-rating alone. I am sorry I can not find this info at the moment but it is there for your search.

Further, this is the APR measured HP numbers for the non-"Plus" TT-RS in Europe:

Stock
      As Reported by Audi
      338 HP
      332 TQ

Stock
      As Measured by APR
      352 HP
      341 TQ

I bet that we find, upon APR breaking into the ECU of US spec'd TT-RS Plus enginer that HP = ~ 370.
      Last edited by LongviewTx; 07-08-2011 at 02:25 PM.
      2012 Audi TTRS Coupe, Sepang Blue, Ti Pack/Sport Exhaust w/ Leather/Alcantara

Audi CNA Member # 44937

*** AUDIos Muchachos ***

13. 07-08-2011 02:39 PM #688
      Quote Originally Posted by LongviewTx View Post
      I had read on one of the eurpean websites ~ 2-3 months ago when the TT-RS Plus was spec'd that it did incorporate real changes to the engine. This HP boost is not soley achieved through re-rating alone. I am sorry I can not find this info at the moment but it is there for your search.

Further, this is the APR measured HP numbers for the non-"Plus" TT-RS in Europe:

Stock
      As Reported by Audi
      338 HP
      332 TQ

Stock
      As Measured by APR
      352 HP
      341 TQ

I bet that we find, upon APR breaking into the ECU of US spec'd TT-RS Plus enginer that HP = ~ 370.

Right, the new CEPB engine does have some revised internals and it seems the original CEPA and the gearbox have been getting minor revisions since 2009. 370hp measured seems possible but I don't think it will be in the 400hp range stock as was suggested above.

14. Member
      07-08-2011 02:54 PM #689
      I still find it surprising that on all of Audi's worldwide websites, Audi states the 0-100km time of the CEPA manual is 4.6 sec., the 0-100km of the CEPA S-tronic is 4.3 sec., and now they are stating the 0-60mph of the North American CEPB manual is 4.1

Even ignoring third-party tests, such as Car & Driver... our 4.1 stated from Audi beats their current stated CEPA S-tronic!!!

15. Member
      Vehicles
      07-08-2011 03:04 PM #690
      Weird. Dropped into my dealer at lunch, both my salesman and his assistant were busy but said they would respond to my early morning email later. Just got a reply and it says my port date is now 7/29 instead of 7/25, and delivery date of 8/15 versus 8/1. She sent a copy of the internal announcement of pricing. Same release as the public's but it did say configurator would be up by the end of July, brochures available to dealer in early August. She says when they received pricing on other 2012 models, it was base price first followed by full option pricing, etc a week later. They still seem to think I'll have my car "in about a month."
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      07-08-2011 05:30 PM #691
      I have a busy day, and look at all the info I miss.

That base price falls right in line with what was reported a couple of weeks ago. Good to know.

It makes sense that western shipments come into Houston, and then get trucked/railed. I guess a few of our cars are probably travelling together. Great! We're somewhere in the Celtic Sea right now, out of range.

Manufacturers claimed 0-60 of 4.1s! Top speed of 174! This is good s**t!

Please note that specs are on 95 RON gas, which is about 91 R+M/2. In NY, we have 93 R+M/2...so must be a little better.

You have to take the APR rolling dyno numbers with a grain of salt. Dynos are all a little different, and they are using some "assumed" drivetrain loss to calculate flywheel bhp.

I bet AoA saw my stupid boat updates, realized we are getting a little punchy, and knew it was time to throw us a bone.
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5
      2012 Phantom Black TTRS (Tech Pack, Sport Exhaust Titanium Pack, Heated Seats)

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      07-08-2011 05:38 PM #692
      Just noticed curb weight is listed at 3306. That's 100lbs more than the Euro version.

Fuel capacity is 15.9gal...isn't the TTS 14.5?

4.1s to 60!!!
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman R; 2012 R8 V10
      07-08-2011 05:49 PM #693
      Quote Originally Posted by DrDomm View Post
      Just noticed curb weight is listed at 3306. That's 100lbs more than the Euro version.
      Probably a part of that is the seats - the airbags add weight. The press release also mentions heated seats, maybe they weighed one with the added weight of the heaters too. And if it had the motorized spoiler, that's more weight. Who knows? Plus, the Euro version has 18" wheels and tires standard - the 19's are heavier. Add that all up and it's probably 100 pounds. We do get a few more hp to drag that pork around!

19. Member
      07-08-2011 05:51 PM #694

I bet AoA saw my stupid boat updates, realized we are getting a little punchy, and knew it was time to throw us a bone.
      Are you kidding. I live for your updates! Fortitude is now my start-up page.

20. Member
      07-08-2011 05:57 PM #695
      4.1s to 60!!!
      Can you imagine what APR will be able to do to this car??

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W
      People with Stage2 Revo are seeing low to mid 3 second range 0-60 in the UK
      wowzer !!

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      07-08-2011 06:18 PM #696
      Quote Originally Posted by mkauzer View Post
      Are you kidding. I live for your updates! Fortitude is now my start-up page.
      Cool. I'm seriously psyched! The gin and tonic is helping, too!
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS, 2012 Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-Line
      07-08-2011 08:06 PM #697
      All I can say is 4.1 secs to 100!!! :O FARKKK
      '12 Audi TT RS, Phantom Black, Manual
      Bose Sound System inc Audi Music Interface and TV Reception
      Blackout Pack by GmbH + GmbH 19' Titanium Look Alloy Wheels + Dark Window Tint
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package
      Adaptive Headlights & Tyre Pressure Monitor

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 BB Q5, 2012 PB TTRS
      07-09-2011 07:27 AM #698
      Quote Originally Posted by joshsmith View Post
      All I can say is 4.1 secs to 100!!! :O FARKKK
      The beauty of Quattro...and 360hp!
      2015 Brilliant Black Q5

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS, 2012 Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-Line
      07-09-2011 08:27 AM #699
      The beauty of Quattro...and 360hp!
      TTRS for the win!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      '12 Audi TT RS, Phantom Black, Manual
      Bose Sound System inc Audi Music Interface and TV Reception
      Blackout Pack by GmbH + GmbH 19' Titanium Look Alloy Wheels + Dark Window Tint
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package
      Adaptive Headlights & Tyre Pressure Monitor

25. 07-09-2011 10:33 AM #700
      What's the story with the Quattro? I'm getting mixed messages from everything I'm reading and watching. I thought it is a 50/50 (max) Haldex quattro, much like the R32's was, so basically front-wheel drive. Some web reviews are saying 100% to either axle. Was hoping for a 40/60 like the RS4 and R8.

Audi raced a TTRS along with the R8 at 24 hrs of Nurburgring recently and the TTRS competed (and took 14th our of 200+ entries) in the front-wheel drive class. Sort of discouraging, but I suppose the end result is what counts.

Any insight?
      10 911 GT3
      12 Cayman R
      13 Allroad
      13 Mini GP
      ............"aim low; you'll always be impressed.............

Page 28 of 112 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast