Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: TT-RS Order Guide

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 OB Q7 S, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-16-2011 05:05 PM #71
      Just thought of this...there's no mention of the 155-174mph speed de-limiter listed on the order form. Hmmm.
      2011 Orca Black Q7 S-Line
      2012 Phantom Black TTRS (Tech Pack, Sport Exhaust Titanium Pack, Heated Seats)
      1999 Spec Miata #46

2. 05-16-2011 05:18 PM #72
      its there for canada, comes with carbon engine pack and says 280km/h top speed

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman R; 2012 R8 V10
      05-16-2011 05:19 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by DrDomm View Post
      Just thought of this...there's no mention of the 155-174mph speed de-limiter listed on the order form. Hmmm.
      I asked my dealer about that. Looking at the European order info, raising the speed limiter is an option that is combined with the carbon fiber engine cover. Since the carbon fiber engine cover is listed as standard in the US, I thought maybe the speed limiter was raised as well. My dealer said the US version will have the top speed limited to 155mph.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      05-16-2011 05:33 PM #74
      The 155 MPH US speed limit is a "gentleman's agreement" that BMW, Audi, and Mercedes have for the most part always kept to. Porsche has never subscribed to it, not sure if the R8's are limited to that or not, my guess is we won't get it from the factory.

5. Member
      05-16-2011 09:19 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by mtbscoTT View Post
      Don't know what your dealer is telling you, but I don't think ANY dealer has actually seen an allocation yet. I'm pretty sure my dealer is one of the highest volume ones in the US (currently have 5 R8's in stock) but they don't have any real idea how many they're getting. I placed my order via email a couple of weeks ago when the order guide first came out. Salesman says they are able to type it into the system, but the order is not actually placed until an allocation is given, and they don't yet know when or how many that is. I still maintain that any dealer giving someone a delivery date, etc, is BS'ing.
      However limited the run is, I sincerely doubt the TT-RS will "sell out" immediately. There will be an initial surge when they first come in, then whatever's left will sell much slower. All variants of the second generation TT in the US market have been niche vehicles, no reason to believe that raising the price $10K (and the bar) is suddenly going to make them hot commodities.
      I'm with Dr Bill, still hoping that the base price is the oft mentioned $58500 and with popular options no more than $62K. Much more and I'm out too.
      I've received a commission number. Does that not register my order in some way with Audi and establish a place in line?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      05-16-2011 09:42 PM #76
      Salesman says they are able to type it into the system, but the order is not actually placed until an allocation is given, and they don't yet know when or how many that is. I still maintain that any dealer giving someone a delivery date, etc, is BS'ing.
      I believe the regional rep gives the allocation to the ordered customer's dealers. Anyways, the dates the sales guy is giving people is from the email from Audi. So far it's been accurate since they were giving out dates prior to the Chicago Auto Show confirming this car's arrival. And magically it was inline to what the social media day said about releasing in Fall of this year. So my guess it's fairly accurate and we know it's real hard to meet production dates. Sometimes is earlier sometimes its later than scheduled. We will see. Now i'm still debating about these options without pricing

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 S5 Cab, 2009 Q5 S-Line
      05-16-2011 10:15 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by joshsmith View Post
      Mate welcome aboard!!

Always great to have another TTRS driver and Audi enthusiast on Fourtitude

Best of luck with your TTRS - sounds great!

When do you take delivery?
      Dont know yet. My dealer called last week and said a delivery date in August had been provided by Audi, but he could not provide a build date so I don't know for sure. You would think the TTRS launch in the USA was the biggest secret in automotive history. Kinda silly really.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS, 2012 Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-Line
      05-17-2011 12:25 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by S5 Driver View Post
      Dont know yet. My dealer called last week and said a delivery date in August had been provided by Audi, but he could not provide a build date so I don't know for sure. You would think the TTRS launch in the USA was the biggest secret in automotive history. Kinda silly really.
      Hahaha yeah it is seeming that way actually. Is it possible to base your price off the U.K's price or Australia's price??

I just found out that my TTRS actually shares the same birthday as me (May 30) as it will commence production that day.

If that's not a sign then I don't know what is hahaha.
      '12 Audi TT RS, Phantom Black, Manual
      Bose Sound System inc Audi Music Interface and TV Reception
      Blackout Pack by GmbH + GmbH 19' Titanium Look Alloy Wheels + Dark Window Tint
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package
      Adaptive Headlights & Tyre Pressure Monitor

9. 05-17-2011 04:09 AM #79
      I am Looking forward to get into my first Audi but the uncertainty of option pricing is not making it easy. It not the same experince with R32.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      05-17-2011 10:23 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by mkauzer View Post
      I've received a commission number. Does that not register my order in some way with Audi and establish a place in line?
      I've never heard the term "commission number" but your case sounds just like mine. The sales team at my dealer was able to enter my "order" into Audi's system as soon as the order guide was released. They described it just like you, "a place in line" is now secured when allocations become available. I'm sure my dealer (and yours) knows if, and approximately how many, allocations they will get, I just don't think they have anything beyond an estimate for the timeframe on that. So far, all of the news on this car received right here from George has been pretty accurate, and come out before the local dealers know, and he's yet to confirm anything. Original, and subsequent, estimates have all said Fall, or third quarter, deliveries.
      There was rumor earlier in this thread that had a screenshot of an internal Audi document showing May production of a TT-RS variant that appeared to be the US model, but May is half over now, and it seems to me like the US dealers would have been told by now if their orders were being built.

I'm not trying to be argumentive, but this isn't my first time at the rodeo. I've ordered a few other "future" cars in the past, and dealers will tell you anything to keep you excited and on the hook. VW/Audi has been notorious in the past for dragging their heels getting cars into production, so until there's an official corporate announcement, I'll take anything my local dealer tells me with a grain of salt.

11. 05-17-2011 05:34 PM #81
      US/Canada TT-RS' go into production in June this is a fact

12. Member
      Vehicles
      05-17-2011 05:39 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      Until that's delayed until July.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

13. Member
      Vehicles
      05-17-2011 05:54 PM #83
      Care to share your source of info for production and pricing?

14. 05-17-2011 07:16 PM #84
      the production start comes from audi canada they told me directly, and they also said prices should be out by the end of this month

i had a deposit on one since june 2010, they also said i'm first in line so we will see

also i can share some more info: 2012 tt-rs will feature bosch's latest ECU with tuningprotection 10 (TP10), currently revo has no way of flashing these, for those of you who were thinking about chipping it asap
      Last edited by tdi-bart; 05-17-2011 at 07:21 PM.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman R; 2012 R8 V10
      05-17-2011 09:04 PM #85
      I know APR has a flash for the TT-RS already. Close to 400hp on pump gas with the 340hp version. I wonder what they can get from the 360hp version? I guess it make take them a while to find out.

16. 05-17-2011 10:02 PM #86
      ya they do but that was using old ecu's, just like revo. they got it to ~410hp

the ttrs coming here is a revised engine (CEPB) some minor internal changes, i am hoping it will chip more, but probably not. we will find out this fall i guess

17. Member
      Vehicles
      05-17-2011 10:04 PM #87
      ...also i can share some more info: 2012 tt-rs will feature bosch's latest ECU with tuningprotection 10 (TP10), currently revo has no way of flashing these, for those of you who were thinking about chipping it asap
      Here's some good news...O.CT Tuning.

But yes, we will have to be patient.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

18. Member
      05-17-2011 10:28 PM #88
      NADA Guides has the U.S. options online... of course no prices.
      http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2012/...dard-Equipment

Horsepower: 360 @ 5500-6700 RPM
      Torque: 343 @ 1650-5400 RPM

gotta love those numbers!

19. Member
      05-17-2011 10:54 PM #89
      I keep watching videos of the TT RS... can't wait to be making my own sounds!

Vehicles
      05-17-2011 11:50 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by Axel1 View Post
      NADA Guides has the U.S. options online... of course no prices.
      http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2012/...dard-Equipment

Horsepower: 360 @ 5500-6700 RPM
      Torque: 343 @ 1650-5400 RPM

gotta love those numbers!
      That torque figure seems a bit low man. In Australia we have 450nm of torque
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package

Vehicles
      05-17-2011 11:51 PM #91
      I keep watching videos of the TT RS... can't wait to be making my own sounds!

Hahaha good on ya! I have been doing the same since before I put my order in!

22. 05-18-2011 01:15 AM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by joshsmith View Post
      That torque figure seems a bit low man. In Australia we have 450nm of torque
      FYI-
      343ft-lbs = 465nm

Vehicles
      05-18-2011 05:35 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by quattive View Post
      FYI-
      343ft-lbs = 465nm
      Oh that's my bad!! Didn't realise it was in ft-lbs

24. Member
      Vehicles
      05-18-2011 11:08 AM #94
      the production start comes from audi canada they told me directly
      Okay, isn't it a recurrent theme here how differently Audi Canada operates versus Audi USA? Your info is probably accurate for your market but not sure how much bearing that has on us south of the border. You also mentioned in a previous post that the car would be at least $70K, well maybe in Canadian dollars. I believe you know what you know, I'm not sure how relevant that is to the US.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      05-18-2011 12:09 PM #95
      Okay, isn't it a recurrent theme here how differently Audi Canada operates versus Audi USA? Your info is probably accurate for your market but not sure how much bearing that has on us south of the border. You also mentioned in a previous post that the car would be at least $70K, well maybe in Canadian dollars. I believe you know what you know, I'm not sure how relevant that is to the US.
      He stated $70K with fees/taxes. It won't be that much even with options, excluding those things. My guess for what I ordered is gonna be $63,900 without fees/taxes. Granted, I think that is a bit too much (for a car under 400hp). I'm hoping the Audi Loyalty rebate is $2000.

I'm just not happy with color options and trim...trying to pin down what I want. I like the idea of the Titanium pack, but those bright silver mirrors clash. I'm not paying oodles for electric folding carbon ones.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

26. Member
      05-18-2011 01:20 PM #96
      I'm just not happy with color options and trim...trying to pin down what I want. I like the idea of the Titanium pack, but those bright silver mirrors clash. I'm not paying oodles for electric folding carbon ones.
      Totally agree. The Audi of Germany & UK website configurators show body colored mirrors for a small price... how Audi of America thinks silver mirrors are attractive on any dark colored car is beyond me. I might be looking to see about painting them in the future. Crap to have to do that to a new car!

And I would have jumped at Daytona Gray... instead we get the lame (excuse my opinion) Suzuka Gray!

27. Member
      05-18-2011 01:25 PM #97
      This South Africa TT RS review by Russell Bennett from last year makes my heart beat fast!!!

http://drivemagazine.co.za/drive-test-audi-tt-rs-coupe/

28. Member
      Vehicles
      05-18-2011 01:54 PM #98
      And I would have jumped at Daytona Gray... instead we get the lame (excuse my opinion) Suzuka Gray!
      Wow, and I agree with you! Daytona is a good color for a car like this. And sorry to the supporters, but I don't see the appeal of Suzuka either.

I think the Titanium pack should come with gray mirror housings.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

29. 05-18-2011 04:38 PM #99
      He stated $70K with fees/taxes. It won't be that much even with options, excluding those things. My guess for what I ordered is gonna be $63,900 without fees/taxes. Granted, I think that is a bit too much (for a car under 400hp). I'm hoping the Audi Loyalty rebate is $2000.

$70K will probably be the base price in canada, I am predicting $85K all in with my options, taxes, freight, etc. Freight/pdi is $2k in canada, $500 dealer admin fee nonsense and a couple hundred more in fees.

i have seen both US and Canada order guides and they are pretty much exactly the same. I never said what the US base price might be. But in both countries it is probably +$10K more than TTS. However someone on audizine said $66K base for USA, sounds high unless its cause of the crappy dollar...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Pricing-in-U.S

30. Member
      Vehicles
      05-18-2011 05:33 PM #100
      George has said on more than one occasion that his AudiUSA internal sources say they hope to base the car at $58500. I'm guessing around $2500 for tech package, maybe $750 for the aluminum package, and $475 for metallic paint, so that would make my build $62225. Not sure if the oft mentioned base includes destination or not. If not, add another $875. If it turns out being $66K base in the US, they won't be selling many (and I do not believe it will be that much.)
      Audi's not stupid. They need to make a business case for importing these, but they know fully well what the competition is and how much it costs.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      05-18-2011 08:49 PM #101
      It should be priced below the M3. The problem is that the TTS seems to be priced higher than it should but then again it has Stronic standrad. If i'm audi i'd price it at around $56K MSRP and $60k loaded which is $10K above the TTS without Stronic

32. Member
      05-19-2011 08:27 AM #102
      I think the Titanium pack should come with gray mirror housings.
      A much cheaper alternative to the $1000+ factory cf mirrors would be these $300. cf covers:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post66559033

33. Member
      Vehicles
      05-19-2011 01:35 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by m3cosmos View Post
      It should be priced below the M3. The problem is that the TTS seems to be priced higher than it should but then again it has Stronic standrad. If i'm audi i'd price it at around $56K MSRP and $60k loaded which is $10K above the TTS without Stronic
      Yeah, a loaded TTS is like $53K...with DSG! Asking for much more than a $10K premium for the RS (with 6sp MT) would be insane.

Time will tell.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

34. Member
      Vehicles
      05-19-2011 01:36 PM #104
      A much cheaper alternative to the $1000+ factory cf mirrors would be these $300. cf covers:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post66559033
      Thank you. I've been thinking about something like that. Depends on the wheels I get. And I'm still wavering on color...the red looks nice.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

35. Member
      05-19-2011 08:54 PM #105
      More kudos for our baby!!

Audi Wins International Engine Of The Year Award 2011 For 2.5-Litre TFSI

INGOLSTADT, GERMANY – May 19, 2011: A jury of 76 motoring journalists from around the world has voted the Audi 2.5-litre TFSI as the “International Engine of the Year 2011” in the 2-litre to 2.5-litre category. This engine therefore retains the award that it won last year. The 2.5-litre unit fitted to the Audi RS 3 Sportback and TT RS Coupé and Roadster features both turbocharging and FSI direct petrol injection technology, two of Audi’s core technologies. With a displacement of 2,480 cubic centimeters, this engine produces 250 kW between 5,400 and 6,500 rpm and peak torque of 450 Nm from 1,600 to 5,300 rpm.

International Engine of the Year jury members said of the 2.5-litre engine: "This is certainly the best turbocharged engine in recent years. Torque, power, and great sound – this engine has it all! It is a powerful, visceral reminder of the original quattro rally racing engine that put Audi on the map.”

Developed by quattro GmbH, the Audi TT RS Coupé can sprint from zero to 100 km/h in 4.3 seconds (Roadster: 4.4 seconds) and both the Coupè and Roadster have an optional top speed of 280 km/h.

This is the seventh category win in a row at the International Engine of the Year Awards for Audi TFSI technology. Between 2005 and 2009, the Audi 2.0-litre TFSI engine has won the award in the 1.8 to 2.0-liter category.
      Last edited by Axel1; 05-19-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: added pic

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast