Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: TT-RS Order Guide

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS, 2012 Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-Line
      05-19-2011 08:11 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Axel1 View Post
      More kudos for our baby!!

Audi Wins International Engine Of The Year Award 2011 For 2.5-Litre TFSI

INGOLSTADT, GERMANY – May 19, 2011: A jury of 76 motoring journalists from around the world has voted the Audi 2.5-litre TFSI as the “International Engine of the Year 2011” in the 2-litre to 2.5-litre category. This engine therefore retains the award that it won last year. The 2.5-litre unit fitted to the Audi RS 3 Sportback and TT RS Coupé and Roadster features both turbocharging and FSI direct petrol injection technology, two of Audi’s core technologies. With a displacement of 2,480 cubic centimeters, this engine produces 250 kW between 5,400 and 6,500 rpm and peak torque of 450 Nm from 1,600 to 5,300 rpm.

International Engine of the Year jury members said of the 2.5-litre engine: "This is certainly the best turbocharged engine in recent years. Torque, power, and great sound – this engine has it all! It is a powerful, visceral reminder of the original quattro rally racing engine that put Audi on the map.”

Developed by quattro GmbH, the Audi TT RS Coupé can sprint from zero to 100 km/h in 4.3 seconds (Roadster: 4.4 seconds) and both the Coupè and Roadster have an optional top speed of 280 km/h.

This is the seventh category win in a row at the International Engine of the Year Awards for Audi TFSI technology. Between 2005 and 2009, the Audi 2.0-litre TFSI engine has won the award in the 1.8 to 2.0-liter category.
      Woohoo!!!

That's mad! 2 years in the running

Do you have the link to the article man?
      '12 Audi TT RS, Phantom Black, Manual
      Bose Sound System inc Audi Music Interface and TV Reception
      Blackout Pack by GmbH + GmbH 19' Titanium Look Alloy Wheels + Dark Window Tint
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package
      Adaptive Headlights & Tyre Pressure Monitor

2. Member
      05-19-2011 08:29 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by joshsmith View Post
      Do you have the link to the article man?
      hi Josh. there were many... here's one:

http://www.dubib.com/news/7275_audi-...2-5-liter-tfsi

3. Member
      05-19-2011 08:41 PM #108
      Here's the full list.... with runners up in each category.

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/indust...ners-1.1071053

*INTERNATIONAL ENGINE OF THE YEAR:

*BEST NEW ENGINE OF 2011:

1 - Fiat TwinAir (Fitted to Fiat 500 and 500C).
      2 - Nissan electric powertrain (Leaf).
      3 - Ford 1.6-litre EcoBoost turbopetrol.

*BEST GREEN ENGINE:

1 - Fiat TwinAir (500 & 500C).
      2 - Toyota 1.8-litre petrol hybrid (Prius).
      3 - Nissan electric engine (Leaf).

*BEST PERFORMANCE ENGINE:

1 - Ferrari 4.5 V8 (458 Italia.)
      2 - Porsche 3.8 (Porsche GT3, GT3 RS)
      3 - Mercedes-AMG 6.2 V8 (C 63, SL 63, E 63 & ML 63).

*SUB 1-LITRE:

1 - Fiat TwinAir (Fiat 500 & 500 C)
      2 - Toyota 998cc 3-cyl (Yaris & Aygo/Peugeot 107/Citroen C1).
      3 - Hyundai/Kia 998cc 3-cyl (Hyundai i10, new Kia Picanto).

*1-LITRE TO 1.4-LITRE:

1 - VW 1.4 TSI Twincharged petrol (VW Golf, Tiguan & others).
      2 - Fiat 1.4 MultiAir turbopetrol (Bravo, Alfa Mito & Giulietta).
      3 - VW 1.2 TSI turbopetrol (VW Touran & others).

*1.4-LITRE TO 1.8-LITRE:

1 - BMW 1.6 turbopetrol (BMW's version, fitted to Mini).
      2 - Alfa Romeo 1750 DI turbopetrol (Giulietta).
      3 - Toyota 1.8 petrol-hybrid (Prius).

*1.8-LITRE TO 2-LITRE:

1 - BMW 2.0 twin-turbodiesel (X1).
      2 - Audi 2.0 TFSI (Audi S3 & TTS, VW Golf R).
      3 - Audi 2.0 TFSI (Audi A4, VW Golf GTI & others).

*2-LITRE - 2.5 LITRE:

1 - Audi 2.5 turbopetrol (TT RS & RS3).
      2 - Mercedes 2.0 CDI turbodiesel (C-Class & E-Class).
      3 - Subaru 2.5 turbopetrol (Impreza, Legacy & Forester).

*2.5-LITRE TO 3-LITRE:

1 - BMW 3.0 DI twin-turbopetrol (135i, 335i & others).
      2. BMW 3.0 twin-turbodiesel (X5 40d & others).
      3. Porsche 2.9 DI (Boxster & Cayman).

*3-LITRE TO 4-LITRE:

1 - BMW 4.0 V8 (M3).
      2 - Porsche 3.8 six (GT3 & GT3 RS).
      3 - McLaren 3.8 V8 (MP4-12C).

*ABOVE 4-LITRE:

1 - Ferrari 4.5 V8 (458 Italia).
      2 - Mercedes-AMG 6.2 V8 (C 63, SL 63, E 63 & ML 63).
      3 - BMW 4.4 DI turbo (550i, X5 & others).

Vehicles
      05-19-2011 08:50 PM #109
      That's awesome!

Thanks for that man

Got my official letter from the Dealer Principal and Managing Director of Audi congratulating and thanking me for my TTRS order.

Finally starting to feel like it actually will arrive!!!
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      05-20-2011 08:46 PM #110
      Hard to believe the M3 wet sump engine is better than the GT1 block dry sump Porsche engine. I've drivn both and there is no comparason in performance nor power delievery.

Vehicles
      05-20-2011 11:02 PM #111
      This South Africa TT RS review by Russell Bennett from last year makes my heart beat fast!!!

http://drivemagazine.co.za/drive-test-audi-tt-rs-coupe/
      That is a great review!!!!!

7. Member
      05-21-2011 02:38 PM #112
      I put a deposit down on a TT RS today! (Refundable if total with options exceeds $68K or goes past 12/31/11). Hopefully we can get pricing quickly and my dealer will then place the order at that time.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 OB Q7 S, 2012 PB TTRS
      05-21-2011 02:49 PM #113
      I put a deposit down on a TT RS today! (Refundable if total with options exceeds $68K or goes past 12/31/11). Hopefully we can get pricing quickly and my dealer will then place the order at that time.
      Fortunately my dealer isn't such a prick. I can cancel with a full refund no matter what the price is. That being said, if the car you spec'd (which is the same that I did) is anywhere near $68K, I will be cancelling the order. I really want this car, but it isn't worth $15K more than a DSG TTS.
      2011 Orca Black Q7 S-Line
      2012 Phantom Black TTRS (Tech Pack, Sport Exhaust Titanium Pack, Heated Seats)
      1999 Spec Miata #46

9. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 S5 Cab, 2009 Q5 S-Line
      05-21-2011 03:34 PM #114
      Did you go to Monroe? My dealer placed the order already (4/27), and it is 100% refundable if I don't like the price. Why is he waiting on pricing before ordering?

10. 05-21-2011 06:29 PM #115
      $62K is the most I would pay for the TT RS and hopefully with that price it will be fully loaded with all the options.

I wonder if they will bring the DSG and Recaros on the following year of release.

Vehicles
      05-21-2011 07:11 PM #116
      Awesome! Congratulations man!

What colour/options did you order?

12. Member
      05-21-2011 07:19 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
      I wonder if they will bring the DSG and Recaros on the following year of release.
      Don't know about DSG... but I heard we don't get the Recaro's because of the airbag placement...

And of course everyone has an opinion on the auto vs. manual debate... but mine matches this guys recent post: "Love that Audi ran with a 6MT transmission for the US business sector. DSG can put up some wonderful numbers, but a RS auto is concerning the driving encounter and you unequivocally cannot beat a 6MT to give the best equipped driving union to an auto. We’re not dashing these autos on the ace circuit, so slight time contrasts from DSG to 6MT are not paramount."
      Last edited by Axel1; 05-21-2011 at 09:26 PM.

13. Member
      05-21-2011 07:24 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by S5 Driver View Post
      Did you go to Monroe? My dealer placed the order already (4/27), and it is 100% refundable if I don't like the price. Why is he waiting on pricing before ordering?
      No, I passed on Audi of Charlotte... was given the run-around for a week, two of the salesman didn't know what they were doing, they didn't even know if they had a waiting list. Went with another area dealer who answered all my questions in an hour and told me I was #1 in their queue.

I'm waiting on ordering for a few weeks to see the individual option pricing... for instance if the stand-alone sports exhaust or heated seats come in too high, I won't order those. If the Audi of Canada reports are correct, maybe we'll have N.A. pricing in a few weeks.
      Last edited by Axel1; 05-21-2011 at 07:32 PM.

14. Member
      05-21-2011 07:31 PM #119
      Awesome! Congratulations man!

What colour/options did you order?
      Hi Josh, see my selections in my signature. As of last night I was still going to go the black color with the North American option package of black grille surround, titanium inset wheels, and sports exhaust. I was mostly going with that because I much prefer the look of those wheels to the regular silver ones... and even though on the Germany website they are priced the same, we won't have the option to get the titanium wheels outside that package. I changed my mind this morning, however... with the intent of saving the cost to paint or get covers for the silver mirrors (which I didn't think looked good on the black car) and will instead spend money to powder coat or paint the wheels on my own after buying the car. The wheels thus modified will look good enough for me for a few years before I feel a need to change them.

Vehicles
      05-21-2011 07:37 PM #120
      Hi Josh, see my selections in my signature. As of last night I was still going to go the black color with the North American option package of black grille surround, titanium inset wheels, and sports exhaust. I was mostly going with that because I much prefer the look of those wheels to the regular silver ones... and even though on the Germany website they are priced the same, we won't have the option to get the titanium wheels outside that package. I changed my mind this morning, however... with the intent of saving the cost to paint or get covers for the silver mirrors (which I didn't think looked good on the black car) and will instead spend money to powder coat or paint the wheels on my own after buying the car. The wheels thus modified will look good enough for me for a few years before I feel a need to change them.
      Oh that's mad! Sounds like a really good looking car. I thought of getting the wheels in silver and powder-coating them but I found out about the 2 tone ones as an option and that was good enough for me for the minute

16. Member
      05-21-2011 08:41 PM #121
      Sounds like a really good looking car. I thought of getting the wheels in silver and powder-coating them but I found out about the 2 tone ones as an option and that was good enough for me for the minute
      Your black will be great looking too! I was originally going for your "Darth Vader" look ... even perhaps to someday add the flat matte vinyl, lower it and emulate this Avus modified pic:

But that vision turned out a little too extreme for my wife (who is helping to foot the bill), so we decided on the sepang with the aluminum trim...

17. Member
      05-21-2011 09:52 PM #122
      For those of you in N.A. that might be interested but didn't see it, this is the interview with Audi Product Manager Mark Fruechtnicht at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show in Feb. Nothing much we don't know now...

Vehicles
      05-21-2011 09:55 PM #123
      Your black will be great looking too! I was originally going for your "Darth Vader" look ... even perhaps to someday add the flat matte vinyl, lower it and emulate this Avus modified pic:

But that vision turned out a little too extreme for my wife (who is helping to foot the bill), so we decided on the sepang with the aluminum trim...

Haha the "Darth Vader" look is exactly what I was going for - too funny! I love how that Avus matte black TTRS looks.

Even so, the Sepang Blue looks sweet with the Aluminium Pack!! I was really torn between the Aluminium or Blackout Pack. Darth Vader prevailed

Oh no! I hope she won't be driving it too much!! Your poor clutch and wheels!! haha

19. Member
      05-21-2011 11:08 PM #124
      I like this TT RS video... oh that engine sound!!! guttural & intoxicating!

Vehicles
      05-22-2011 12:28 AM #125
      I like this TT RS video... oh that engine sound!!! guttural & intoxicating!

Yeah man I've seen this one. It's sooo good! I love it!

There are sooo many video's on youtube of the TTRS - I reckon I've watched every single one

21. Member
      05-25-2011 12:27 PM #126
      No pricing yet... but another great article (from a husband & wife perspective) that made me laugh!

http://www.autobackstage.com/view/10..._but_uber_cool

Vehicles
      05-25-2011 07:16 PM #127
      No pricing yet... but another great article (from a husband & wife perspective) that made me laugh!

http://www.autobackstage.com/view/10..._but_uber_cool
      Hahaha that's awesome!!! Man I just want mine to come already !!!

23. 05-26-2011 10:53 PM #128
      Just checking in from the UK...a little jealous you guys are getting the slightly more powerful engine

We've had our roadster since January - decided against the manual box, and went for the 7 speed S-Tronic which was just launched. Not had much opportunity to do some launch control runs, but the best so far with a fully laden car on a damp road was 4.6s for 0-60, so it can only get better, and will try a full on 1/4 mile also.

Engine note with roof down is fantastic

Last edited by phope; 05-26-2011 at 10:57 PM.
      2011 Audi TT RS Roadster, S-Tronic
      Sepang Blue, Silver Silk Nappa heated leather, Grey roof
      19" 5 spoke, LED interior package, Pop-up rear spoiler
      RNS-E with Bose, Bluetooth, AMI
      Retrofit Carbon package, R8 engine bay caps

24. Member
      05-27-2011 06:50 AM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by phope View Post
      Your car is looking great! I'm more than a little jealous that we aren't getting roadsters (a classic "proper" sports car)!!

25. Administrator Tim@Fourtitude's Avatar
      05-27-2011 07:38 AM #130
      For those of you in N.A. that might be interested but didn't see it, this is the interview with Audi Product Manager Mark Fruechtnicht at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show in Feb. Nothing much we don't know now...

We actually spent last weekend with Mark. He came up to the Carlisle show with us, and was kind enough to bring along a German market A1 that Audi has here for testing purposes. What a neat little car. Mark is definitely a "car guy," and you guys can rest assured that the TT line in the USA is in good hands. In fact, he spent a little time proudly showing us some pictures of his new daily driver - a brand new TTS.

-Tim

26. Member
      Vehicles
      05-27-2011 08:00 AM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim@Fourtitude View Post
      We actually spent last weekend with Mark...In fact, he spent a little time proudly showing us some pictures of his new daily driver - a brand new TTS.

-Tim
      How about he shows us some TT RS prices? This is getting ridiculous.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

27. Administrator Tim@Fourtitude's Avatar
      05-27-2011 08:12 AM #132
      At this point, actually, the pricing decision is out of his hands. He's had input on it, but it's now being finalized at higher levels. Mark was extremely interested to hear what all of you guys had to say about the car, and I passed on to him some of the general thoughts that I've picked up from reading in here a lot over the past few months.

-Tim

28. Member
      Vehicles
      05-27-2011 10:12 AM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim@Fourtitude View Post
      At this point, actually, the pricing decision is out of his hands. He's had input on it, but it's now being finalized at higher levels. Mark was extremely interested to hear what all of you guys had to say about the car, and I passed on to him some of the general thoughts that I've picked up from reading in here a lot over the past few months.

-Tim
      Thanks.

I've place an order, but will cancel it if the price is too high. Likewise, I've ordered options that I may want to change once I know the prices. I imagine production is going to start soon...can't really change after that point. Oh, and I've got a car to sell, should I go ahead with my order. Just getting a little frustrated.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

29. Member
      Vehicles
      05-27-2011 04:48 PM #134
      Spoke to the sales manager today. When I said I might be changing some options once the prices are announced, he had a look of fear on his face. He said they already have a commision number for the car, and have confirmation of it's allocation to them. Apparently that means production is close, and it may be too late to make changes. Grrr...
      1999 Spec Miata #46

30. 05-27-2011 05:34 PM #135
      I understand your frustration. I wavered on options, too. I asked my dealer to call me immediately before they confirmed the allocation with me to review my order and we ended up changing things before they fully committed the order. It's a good thing I did, because I changed my mind on a couple of things. My hesitation wasn't around price, necessarily (although I think some of the options are going to be extremely expensive). Mine was more around how the car would appear. I think I'll be pretty happy with where I landed, though. I nearly did a custom color, but didn't want to risk a huge delay.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      05-27-2011 05:53 PM #136
      I'm torn on both price and appearance. I ordered Aluminum pack (and sport exhaust/tech package/heated seats), but really want the titanium wheels. Not possible in the US. Now, I'm even questioning if I want the look of the Aluminum pack even if the price is ok. So, I'm considering changing to titanium sport exhaust pack, and skip the aluminum pack. That should save $$$ also.
      Last edited by DrDomm; 05-27-2011 at 06:05 PM.
      1999 Spec Miata #46

32. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 VW R32
      05-27-2011 06:15 PM #137
      I'm in the same boat regarding frustration level and lack of "transparency" from Audi.

I'm first in line at a local Audi dealer and have been informed that they had already configured a Phantom Black Pearl with black leather, tech packaged, and aluminum exterior packaged, sport exhaust and heated front seats TTRS given their very first allocation. It was configured by the sales manager for their "inventory". For some reason, there wasn't any invitation by the dealer for any of my input regarding the configuration. I've also been told that there is a "chance" that this configuration can be changed to fit my specifications.

I was told that it was slated for a July build, which would put its ETA right around late October.
      I was also told that the 2012 pricing will not be availible until July or August.

33. Member
      05-27-2011 06:50 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by DrDomm View Post
      I'm torn on both price and appearance. I ordered Aluminum pack (and sport exhaust/tech package/heated seats), but really want the titanium wheels. Not possible in the US. Now, I'm even questioning if I want the look of the Aluminum pack even if the price is ok. So, I'm considering changing to titanium sport exhaust pack, and skip the aluminum pack. That should save $$$ also.
      I weighed the exact same things... finally coming to the conclusion I would like the titanium wheels much more than the aluminum package details. After doing research on powder coating or painting the silver wheels, it looked problematical. So I'm now firmly preferring the titanium sport exhaust pckg.

Vehicles
      05-27-2011 07:12 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by phope View Post
      Just checking in from the UK...a little jealous you guys are getting the slightly more powerful engine

We've had our roadster since January - decided against the manual box, and went for the 7 speed S-Tronic which was just launched. Not had much opportunity to do some launch control runs, but the best so far with a fully laden car on a damp road was 4.6s for 0-60, so it can only get better, and will try a full on 1/4 mile also.

Car looks great! I've always loved blue on cream!!

Very jealous we don't get the roadster here man!

35. 05-27-2011 07:17 PM #140
      My observation on the aluminium pack? Looks cheap and tacky in real life...I've seen it on several cars now, both TTRS and RS5

Save your money.
      2011 Audi TT RS Roadster, S-Tronic
      Sepang Blue, Silver Silk Nappa heated leather, Grey roof
      19" 5 spoke, LED interior package, Pop-up rear spoiler
      RNS-E with Bose, Bluetooth, AMI
      Retrofit Carbon package, R8 engine bay caps

Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast