Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677787980 LastLast
    Results 2,661 to 2,695 of 2784

Thread: TT-RS Order Guide

Vehicles
      2012 Black TT-RS • GIAC Stage 2 • AWE SP Exhaust • AWE Intercooler • 034 M Sway • 034 SS Brake Lines
      04-26-2012 12:33 PM #2661
      Quote Originally Posted by DrDomm View Post

BTW, I believe all the aftermarket "cat-back" exhausts remove the secondary cats.
      That's interesting. I didn't know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Monza Silver TT RS
      04-26-2012 01:35 PM #2662
      Quote Originally Posted by jmofo View Post
      It just passed my mind...but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or information that I should know about in ordering the 2013 TTRS, or if they will add TTRS sport/all weather mats upon request on delivery, or any other little mods, etc?? Any information is appreciative! TIA!!
      My original plan was to have the dealer install 3M Invisishield to the front surfaces of the RS. I was going to buy all weather floor mats from online, and see if I needed to order a 3rd party arm rest after a month or so. Also, make sure the dealer doesn't put on any dealer badging - a plate frame is OK, but I'd still take that off.

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Monza Silver TT RS
      04-26-2012 01:37 PM #2663
      Quote Originally Posted by tdi-bart View Post
      lol in 12 months you wont get one, orders now are for 2013's
      I had put the order in back in Feb and got an order for a 2012, not a 2013. I'd try to do the same, but with a different dealer.

04-26-2012 03:56 PM #2664
      I'm also having the dealer do clear shield and tint. They assured me there would be no dealer badges other than a license plate frame I'm also going to have the dealer install the euro rear fog light. The cut-out on the rear valance looks a little odd/empty without the light to me....

04-26-2012 06:43 PM #2665
      Quote Originally Posted by Brent Spinks View Post
      I'm also going to have the dealer install the euro rear fog light. The cut-out on the rear valance looks a little odd/empty without the light to me....
      Let us know what that runs you. I didn't think they were doing it.
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray (wrapped in Avery Dark Gray Matte Metallic and Gloss Black) , CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

6. Member
      04-26-2012 07:19 PM #2666
      There are still gushing reviews out there... this by a female enthusiast!

Coupé that's just my cup of TT

Audi's RS is ferocious and fun and proves to be an irresistible package

By Lisa Calvi, The Province
      April 25, 2012

The 2012 Audi TT RS Coupé picked me. Like a puppy at a shelter, obviously pure-bred, it jumped up and looked at me with those seductive LED bi-xenon head-lights, purred that turbocharged exhaust note and I fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Now I'm squirming like a fish on a hook.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I am sick with puppy love. I drive to the furthest coffee shop to get my fix of TT and caffeine. Every time I park it, I gaze lovingly over my shoulder. I won't tell you how many times I look back. Let's just say more than once.

It's only a tester and I know it will have to go back, but I've developed a decidedly Scarlett O'Hara attitude. As in, I'll think about that tomorrow!

I mope around trying to live in the moment to enjoy my last few hours with the hot Audi TT RS, but there is a missing-you feeling that's already seeping into every pore, like the late-summer sunlight hinting at the fall chill.

I've started buying lottery tickets and plotting ways to save enough money to buy the sexy little number. So let's be reasonable. What else could one get in the vehicle world for $75,000? My tester is actually priced at $75,850, but let's just say an even $75,000 for the sake of argument . . . with my husband. Base price is $67,600.

I could get a hopping Cadillac CTS-V, or a functional fully-loaded GMC Sierra pickup truck. I could just about get a 2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible, or how about four of those über-fast BMW K1300S motorcycles that catapult from zero to 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds. Do I really need to get to 100 km/h 1.5 seconds faster than in my Audi? Nah!

I could put the money down to find myself in the pure luxe of the front seats from a Bentley Continental GT. Maybe. With that $75,000, I could get almost one-fifth of a Lamborghini Aventador 6.5-litre V12 AWD LP 700-4 Coupe.

Huh, the TT RS is a bargain, really. You get the idea.

What would you do if you won a million dollars? I'm sure everyone's had that wistful conversation. At a family discussion with two of our daughters recently, we upped the figure to $10 million. They were both very quick to inform us that each of our three daughters should probably get one million off the bat. Hmm. Let me think about that one!

Most people get that dreamy look in their eyes when they start to imagine how their lives would change if they did hold that winning ticket.

There's always talk of buying homes for loved and loving parents. Plans surface for that trip of a lifetime. Invariably the topic of vehicles comes up, and the usual suspects of unattainable supercars and handmade luxury cars enter the picture.

I'm not dreaming about $10 mil-lion, nor am I imagining hoisting one of those big cardboard million-dollar cheques for the news cameras. Heck, I'm talking a paltry $75,000. A relative drop in the bucket.

The stance on the sexy Sepang Blue Pearl Audi TT RS Coupé makes me weak. Add in the 360 horsepower that the 2.5-litre TFSI inline 5-cylin-der engine pumps out and I'm done for. It accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in a very snappy 4.3 seconds. The 6-speed manual is slick and exciting to use. The sport exhaust, a $1,500 option, on the tester gives it a note that's guttural and pretty all at the same time. How can that be?

Audi's TFSI technology combines direct fuel injection with turbo-charging, which, according to Audi gives a 10 to 15 per cent improvement in fuel efficiency over many naturally aspirated engines with more cylinders.

I don't think about all this when I drive it, though. I don't feel like I'm merely transferring from Point A to Point B either. I feel like I'm frolicking in the wind.

Yes, there are other cars with more power, more torque, more seating and cargo capacity. But I'm frolicking, for pete's sake. I don't need excessive cargo capacity. 'Minimal' is in.

Speaking of seats, the driver and front seat passenger are ensconced in stitched silk nappa leather seats that hug the body, enforcing the feeling that I am one with the ****-pit and that I should really own this car. It followed me home. Honest.

There's also a button that flips the Audi into Sport mode, giving the TT RS Coupé a stiffer ride, sharper acceleration and a sport exhaust note that sounds even more ferocious and fun, if that's possible.
      It's that exhaust note that wakes me, reaching my ears through an open window at 4: 30 a.m. as my husband takes my car away. I can't get back to sleep for a long time. Can one buy lottery tickets this early in the morning?

I finally drift back into slumber and dream a little sepang blue dream.
      Last edited by Axel1; 04-26-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS, 2012 Audi Q5 2.0TDI S-Line
      04-26-2012 08:05 PM #2667
      Quote Originally Posted by Axel1 View Post
      There are still gushing reviews out there... this by a female enthusiast!
      LOL such a girly review.. But she's not wrong at all.. We just say it more slightly manly....... probably..
      '12 Audi TT RS, Phantom Black, Manual
      Bose Sound System inc Audi Music Interface and TV Reception
      Blackout Pack by GmbH + GmbH 19' Titanium Look Alloy Wheels + Dark Window Tint
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package
      Adaptive Headlights & Tyre Pressure Monitor

Vehicles
      2012 Black TT-RS • GIAC Stage 2 • AWE SP Exhaust • AWE Intercooler • 034 M Sway • 034 SS Brake Lines
      04-26-2012 08:14 PM #2668
      Quote Originally Posted by joshsmith View Post
      LOL such a girly review.. But she's not wrong at all.. We just say it more slightly manly....... probably..
      "I feel like I'm frolicking in the wind" ugh, really?

Vehicles
      04-26-2012 09:04 PM #2669
      Quote Originally Posted by J662 View Post

LOL!!!

Ok bar that part
      Extended Leather Package With Heated Recaro Bucket Seats + LED Interior Lighting Package

10. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 Audi TTRS Volcano Red
      04-26-2012 10:31 PM #2670
      Ok, while I do appreciate hearing from another female enthusiast, "Frolicking"? Really? It's no wonder you guys don't take us seriously when it comes to cars.

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 12:41 AM #2671
      Quote Originally Posted by redz9269 View Post
      Ok, while I do appreciate hearing from another female enthusiast, "Frolicking"? Really? It's no wonder you guys don't take us seriously when it comes to cars.
      I can appreciate any good review guy or girl. Just gotta draw the line with that "frolicking" remark! Lol!!

04-27-2012 09:28 AM #2672
      Quote Originally Posted by Black BeauTTy View Post
      Let us know what that runs you. I didn't think they were doing it.
      They told me they can't quote me or even guarantee that they can do it until the car comes in and they take a look at the wiring set-up. I do know that the OEM kit is $150.00. I'm hoping that the wiring harnes would readiliy support the install since all the euro cars have it. If it turns into a nightmare, I suppose I could just mount the thing without connecting it and call it a "visibility enhancing supplemental reflector unit".....

As an aside, I tried to have them do this when they were building the car, but didn't decide I wanted it done until after the order was too late to change (without losing my place in line, anyways). Not actually was sure they would have done it at the factory even if I had requested it....

04-27-2012 09:31 AM #2673
      Women that are truly enthusiastic about cars are so few and far between (at least around here) that I will take a "girly" review any day of the week, without complaint or critique.

14. Member
      04-27-2012 10:30 AM #2674
      They told me they can't quote me or even guarantee that they can do it until the car comes in and they take a look at the wiring set-up. I do know that the OEM kit is $150.00. I'm hoping that the wiring harnes would readiliy support the install since all the euro cars have it. If it turns into a nightmare, I suppose I could just mount the thing without connecting it and call it a "visibility enhancing supplemental reflector unit".....

As an aside, I tried to have them do this when they were building the car, but didn't decide I wanted it done until after the order was too late to change (without losing my place in line, anyways). Not actually was sure they would have done it at the factory even if I had requested it....
      Someone else has done it. It's actually a bit of a pain in the ass. I think he ended up just using some epoxy or something to glue the light in place without connecting the wires.

I agree, though. It does look better with it.

- Jeremy -

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTi /2012 TTRS
      04-28-2012 04:08 AM #2675
      "I finally drift back into slumber and dream a little sepang blue dream."

me too....

16. Member
      04-28-2012 11:23 PM #2676

Vehicles
      Audi TTRS
      04-29-2012 10:06 AM #2677
      http://www.driving.ca/Road+test+2012...118/story.html

Road test: 2012 Audi TT RS
      Road rocket for the speed addicted
      BY BRIAN HARPER, POSTMEDIA NEWS APRIL 23, 2012
      2012 Audi TT RS.
      Photograph by: Brian Harper , National Post
      I thought it was going to be so easy. Courtesy of an invitation from Porsche to put its thoroughly redesigned 2013 Porsche Boxster S through its paces, I’d have bet money the superbly balanced two-seat convertible would have a lock as my choice of best ride of 2012 — this despite it still being fairly early in the year. Could you blame me? A lightweight roadster with 315 horsepower from its mid-engine 3.4-litre boxer six-cylinder and divinely inspired handling is a nearly unassailable combination for anyone with a sporting bone in his or her body.

And then I drove the Audi TT RS, the brother from another mother. Its bag of tricks includes a 360-hp turbocharged five-cylinder mounted up front, Audi’s renowned quattro all-wheel-drive system and a snickety-snick six-speed manual transmission. Stick all that underneath a compact body with a shape that is as distinctive as Porsche’s hallowed 911 and, suddenly, the Boxster has some serious competition for my choice. For the motor heads out there who are also accountants, there are these numbers to consider. For a little less money than the new $69,500 Boxster S, the $67,600 TT RS offers slightly more power than a 911 Carrera 4’s 345 hp — and is quicker than both. All it lacks is the iconic status of the Porsche brand.

Truth be told, I can’t say I like the TT RS better than the Boxster S; I like it differently. The Porsche is a weekend treat for warm summer days and long drives on back roads with the top down. The Audi is more of a year-round sports car thanks to its hardtop and all-wheel drive.

Because of its front-engine position and drivetrain, it doesn’t drive the same way as the Boxster. But, the main thing is, it goes like stink when you put pedal to the metal. Audi claims the manual-equipped TT RS will blast to 100 kilometres an hour in a scant 4.6 seconds, which is PDQ by any standard, although not as quick as those fitted with the seven-speed, dual-clutch S tronic (4.3 seconds). However, only the six-speed manual is available in Canada, so those who can’t drive stick had better learn. Trust me, it’s worth it!

The Audi hooks up with little drama, but second is the scofflaw gear, pinning you back in the seat as the 2+2 coupe takes off like a rocket. Third is rather unrelenting as well. Clutch engagement is easy, the shifts are short and the gates are precise. With the mellow rumblings from the engine exhaust transforming into a shriek as the revs rise, it makes for a truly visceral experience. And that’s without the Sport button being pushed. Doing so opens a flap in the left exhaust tailpipe, boosting the sound of the 2.5L five-cylinder — an International Engine of the Year award winner, by the way — and, more importantly, boosting its responsiveness.

Said experience doesn’t end when the road gets twisty. On the contrary, it’s enhanced. Grip is nothing short of phenomenal, with the car’s cornering attitude as flat as a pancake — which means the pronounced side bolsters in the sport seats will soon acquire a patina from constantly rubbing up against them. The TT RS rolls on 19-inch, speed-rated rubber, with four-piston calipers and large-diameter ventilated disc brakes providing prodigious stopping power.

The ride, given the Audi’s intent, low-profile tires and compact dimensions, is not of the coddling variety but falls just short of teeth rattling. Let’s go with very firm — and slow down when approaching railway tracks.

If cruising for longer stretches of time, the engine’s drone, as well as tire noise, can be rather monotonous. The easiest solution to this, though, is to crank up the tunes or engage in a spirited debate with your designated passenger.

Given the tester’s sinister Phantom Black Pearl paint job (a $650 option), a black interior is no surprise. Because of the cozy cabin, this could prove claustrophobic, but Audi designers have brightened things up with some well-placed shiny trim bits. There’s plenty of legroom for the front-seat occupants (forget about the rear jump seats; the back area is just another place to stash the groceries), the gauges are large and properly lighted for excellent night-time visibility and the rest of the buttons and controls are where they need to be, falling readily to hand. The optional 10-speaker Premium Bose system with satellite radio is a little pricey at $1,300, but the sound quality should prove more than acceptable to all but the pickiest of audiophiles.

I thought the 265-hp TTS was a decided improvement on the TT lineup, giving the car more muscle and a cooler, less dilettante-like image. The TT RS, however, completely eradicates any thoughts the TT is a sports car poseur. Its speed is addictive, it corners like a demon and it is seriously sexy. (OK, the fixed rear spoiler looks a little too added-on for my liking.)

If I had to choose between the TT RS or the Boxster S, I wouldn’t hesitate for an instant — the Porsche. Why? Because I would keep my driver’s licence longer.

Postmedia News

bharper@nationalpost.com

THE SPECS

Type of vehicle: All-wheel-drive sports coupe

Engine: Turbocharged 2.5L DOHC five-cylinder

Power: 360 hp @ 5,500 rpm; 343 lb-ft of torque @ 1,650 rpm

Transmission: Six-speed manual

Brakes: Four-wheel disc with ABS

Tires: P255/35YR19

Price: base/as tested: $67,600/$75,850

Destination charge: $1,995

Transport Canada fuel economy L/100 km: 12.3 city, 8.1 hwy.

Standard features: Automatic climate control, power windows and door locks, heated exterior power mirrors, cruise control, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, power-adjustable leather front seats with heat, multi-function three-spoke leather steering wheel, driver information display, automatic adaptive bi-xenon headlights, damping control suspension, hill start assist, tire pressure monitor, HomeLink, audio system

Options: Navigation package with Audi Music Interface ($2,300); Audio package ($1,300); Titanium package ($4,000)
      2012 Daytona TT-RS / Tech / ASM Recaro Advanced SR-7 / Alcantara / HRE C93 9.5 x 19 Brushed Polished and staggered.

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 A4 S-Line Avant, 2009 MINI JCW Coupe, 2012 Monza Silver TTRS
      04-29-2012 11:52 AM #2678
      That was my initial thought as well, but ended up going with plan B; 1980's vintage Audi quattro badging.

Vehicles
      04-29-2012 06:40 PM #2679
      Hahah awesome review!

Vehicles
      04-29-2012 06:50 PM #2680
      Hahah awesome review!
      "If I had to choose between the TT RS or the Boxster S, I wouldn’t hesitate for an instant — the Porsche. Why? Because I would keep my driver’s licence longer."

Haha.

21. 04-29-2012 08:18 PM #2681
      I'm confused. Will the US be getting a TT-RS for a 2013 model year?

22. 04-29-2012 08:56 PM #2682
      Quote Originally Posted by btownsoccer22 View Post
      I'm confused. Will the US be getting a TT-RS for a 2013 model year?
      yes.

Vehicles
      04-29-2012 09:04 PM #2683
      "If I had to choose between the TT RS or the Boxster S, I wouldn’t hesitate for an instant — the Porsche. Why? Because I would keep my driver’s licence longer."

Haha.

Love that line.

Vehicles
      2007 B7 Audi S4 - Sprint Blue
      04-29-2012 11:09 PM #2684
      Quote Originally Posted by TopCarbon View Post
      That was my initial thought as well, but ended up going with plan B; 1980's vintage Audi quattro badging.

Love it! Where'd you score the badge?,

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 A4 S-Line Avant, 2009 MINI JCW Coupe, 2012 Monza Silver TTRS
      04-29-2012 11:54 PM #2685
      I had an 85 Audi 4000S Quattro that I'd debadged and this has been sitting in my garage waiting for a new home for over 20 years. It seems fitting, as that was a great car as well with an excellent 2.2 liter 5 cylinder engine.

Vehicles
      04-30-2012 04:22 PM #2686
      Alright so which one of you with the Suzuka parked across from my Phantom @ Milton's today? Koa?

27. Member
      04-30-2012 06:48 PM #2687
      APR has come up with a powerful single stage turbocharger for the TT-RS!!

(now they just have to figure out how to get the weight down )

28. Member
      Vehicles
      '00 TTQC 180 Mk 1, '10 TTSC
      04-30-2012 09:14 PM #2688
      Quote Originally Posted by Axel1 View Post
      APR has come up with a powerful single stage turbocharger for the TT-RS!!

(now they just have to figure out how to get the weight down )
      Ummm... I think lag will be a real problem with that one.
      Code:
      Past:                                     Present:
      '00 TTQC 180 Black (Mk-I - the real Mk-I) '00 TTQC 180 Amulet Red (Mk-I - the real Mk-I)
      '01 TTQC 225 Black (w/MK-I control arms)  '10 TTSC Solar Orange
                                                '12 TTRS Panther Black Crystal

Vehicles
      04-30-2012 10:59 PM #2689
      Going in for stage 1 gaic next week!

Vehicles
      '11 A3, '12 TT-RS, '14 CC R-Line
      05-01-2012 12:23 AM #2690
      Going in for stage 1 gaic next week!
      Nice!!! I just ordered KW V3's, should be here in 2-3 weeks!!

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 12:43 AM #2691
      Quote Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
      Nice!!! I just ordered KW V3's, should be here in 2-3 weeks!!
      I can't even imagine how that thing is going to handle when you get those installed. I think it's safe to say you would spank most on the track. What wheel and tire setup you have?

Do you have GAIC tune on yours?

Last edited by J662; 05-01-2012 at 12:45 AM.

05-01-2012 09:31 AM #2692
      I can't even imagine how that thing is going to handle when you get those installed. I think it's safe to say you would spank most on the track. What wheel and tire setup you have?

Do you have GAIC tune on yours?

Ive got GIAC stage 2 on mine and it is smooth as silk! Here is a shot from the launch event at the recent NE G2G for your viewing pleasure!
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray (wrapped in Avery Dark Gray Matte Metallic and Gloss Black) , CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 10:27 AM #2693
      Quote Originally Posted by Black BeauTTy View Post
      Ive got GIAC stage 2 on mine and it is smooth as silk! Here is a shot from the launch event at the recent NE G2G for your viewing pleasure!
      That's great to hear and love the shot!

05-01-2012 12:15 PM #2694
      That's interesting. I didn't know that.

That's not necessarily true. AWE offers a cat back with or with the secondary delete pipes.

05-01-2012 12:45 PM #2695
      That's great to hear and love the shot!

Thanks, it is pretty cool! Credit goes to BlownEuros...

http://http://blowneurosmedia.com/bl...udi-tt-rs-gtg/

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677787980 LastLast