VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

ForeverBlue's .:R ToDo List....

23K views 141 replies 22 participants last post by  foreverblue 
#1 · (Edited)
So it's been 2 months I own the R.. driving to work everyday as my safe heaven before the work grind.. :) After 2 months I have been reading this forum, I finally got my list down want to do this car when I get the chance and $$...

[----Interior----]
Beauty Bezels
R - Line Door Sills
DSG Paddle Extensions - Stainless Inlay With Black Script
R32 Dead Pedal Kit
European Chrome Trim Headlight Switch - With Coming Home
Rear Storage Tray
Dash Cubby - Anthracite

[----Exterior----]
V/W OEM "R" Line Accessory Pack
LED Mk5 Eup Golf Taillight Set (Skyline Mod)
Bumper Scuff Plate
Clear Side Markers
VW Center Caps
Blue Tinted & Heated Blind Spot Mirror Set
VW101 18" GunMetal Machined Face ET45 Wheels Set

[----Performance----]
AFE Cold Air Intake System Stage 2
BSH Pendulum Mount
HPA Performance Motor Mounts
UM ECU and DSG Flash
Borla Cat-Back
Schrick 268/264 Cams
Dli-Teknik Transmission Mount
Dli-Teknik Engine Mount

[----Future----]
HPA Gen 2 Switchable Controller

[THE IF AND MAYBE]
Newing Alpil GTI RS kit
Turbo kit

See less See more
#68 ·
installing intake

hello old intake.....

oh man the old filter is dirty...
also what is that opening where I mark the red box??

about an hour after here is the finish result..

Went on a test joy ride... oh baby.. the car can breathe.. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

#69 ·
hello old intake.....
oh man the old filter is dirty...
also what is that opening where I mark the red box??

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
This is a valve that is attached to a spring which activate autonomously based on ambient temperature. The spring shrinks as the temperature lowers causing the valve door to open, this allows warm air to be inducted into the intake system thus speeding up the warmup time of the engine on cold days.

When I ran OEM airbox with a K&N drop-in filter, I removed mine, as it is attached to the wall that compartmentalizes the box, opening up the surface area of usable filter. I then capped off the hole left in the side of the airbox with one of those plumber pipe caps that has a rubber portion that expands to create a nice seal. I live in Florida so I don't need this feature.

¤ Posted via Tapatalk on my G2 ¤

#72 · (Edited)
Hmmm whats in the boxes ....

Box #1~~~ (got to read up on wiring again..... It confused the #### out of me:confused:)

Box #2~~~

That Hockey Puck is bigger than I thought...
:laugh::laugh:

#73 ·
Anyone in my area has VAG-COM and willing let me to use. I will buy a case of beer of your choice. :laugh: I will travel around 50 miles to meet up.

#75 ·
:peace: waiting on my next pay check so I can get the rest of stuff then my stage 1 mod will be almost complete.
Question, should I get the dog bone then install them together or just install the puck for now then do the bone later?

#77 ·
Anyone has VAG-COM and willing to meet up and let me use it at Waterfest. I will get you one case.... make it 2 cases of Beer of your choice!!! :peace:

#81 · (Edited)
Because the price on them, I only can do one per month so that will be my August and Sep. purchase. looks like I am going to miss the special for AP Tuning...:banghead:

I wonder why my friend tell me it's better to do exhaust first before the tune?? beside the sound exhaust will decrease the back pressure so more hp for the engine?

#82 ·
I wonder why my friend tell me it's better to do exhaust first before the tune?? beside the sound exhaust will decrease the back pressure so more hp for the engine?
I'm sure there are people that will argue one or the other. I went in the order of intake > exhaust > tunes just because my mindset was to improve airflow and then get tunes to take better advantage of the mods I had done up to that point.

I just think you'll "feel" the tunes a lot more power/throttle response wise.

There's no beating the borla sound though. A tune won't give you that. lol.

#94 · (Edited)
Finally my long waiting packages.......

Can't wait for this weekend to put everything in...:laugh::laugh:

But can someone to help fella .:R.... needs VAG-COM so I can install the following and I am welling to travel to PA NY NJ... Really don't want to spend 300 and only use it once...

#95 ·
I spy BSH pendulum mount, r36 dead panel, euro leds, euro chrome switch, small center caps for center cap mod?, scuff plate and core interlock mount

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

There should be someone with vagcom locally willing to help you out. check out the regional forums.

This post has been deleted
#106 · (Edited)
time to get to work to take out the old dogbone and insert....

The dogbone was easy, about 5 min to take it out..

However the Insert was other story... it was a b***h... I used every tools I could get my hands on ... pick, pry bar, hammer, flathead screwdriver.... felt like I was killing something... :mad::mad::banghead:

About an hour and half after... Finally done... Btw the torque for the 2 front is 30 ft lb and the one in the back is 74 ft lb plus 1/4 turn.
i need a :beer: , but before that a test drive.

At idle the vibration does feel a bit more and increases as initial acceleration, but the vibration will be gone when the RPM pass 1k... the up and down shift felt cleaner and quick.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

#107 ·
I have been reading about dli-teknik engine and transmission mount... looks very interesting and from what i have been searching, a lot of MK4 R32 used them.. Does anyone use for mk5 R32 and how you like it??

#108 ·
So drove to AP Tuning to get UM ECU/DSG tune.. plus getting some other stuff :)

and yes finally I put on my LED tail light and working properly (a BIG THANKS to Christ aka kaner05jetta)

and got the rest of stuff...

So I will clean out the car soon so I can do my first photoshot then update my to do list..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.