Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011+ CC Sport Fog Light Retrofit

04-24-2011 05:20 PM #1
      Finally completed adding fog lights to my 2011 CC Sport. Listed below are parts needed for the install and also linked is a How-To document in .pdf format. If you have any questions or want anything clarified, let me know.

CC Fog light install LINK

Parts list:
      Fog lights -
      8T0-941-699 LEFT fog lamp $65.70 Keffer VW includes bulbs
      8T0-941-700 RIGHT fog lamp $65.70 Keffer VW includes bulbs

Also available at orientalparts.com(used to be VAGLink.com) - $99.99 + shipping, just ask them to discount it before you pay and they will.

http://orientalparts.com/Front-Fog-L...-P2196994.aspx

Fog grills -
      3C8-853-665-C-9B9 GRILLE 1 45.26 Keffer VW
      3C8-853-666-C-9B9 GRILLE 1 45.26 Keffer VW

Also available at orientalparts.com(used to be VAGLink.com) - $49.99 free shipping.

http://orientalparts.com/Front-Lower...-P2196999.aspx

Kufatec wiring harness -
      Will need harness for H11 bulbs. $50 + shipping from OEMPlus.com. Will need to email them for availability. Usually 4 week lead time to get the harness in. I contacted VWVortex user Maloosheck and he hooked me up with what I needed and had it in my hands 3 days later. Awesome guy and was incredible in helping troubleshoot with me. JUst be sure whoever you get the harness from it has the right/left wiring combined into one connection. This is how it connects in the CC since we also have the cornering lights.

Euro Switch -
      Available at orientalparts.com(used to be VAGLink.com) for $29.99 free shipping.

http://orientalparts.com/Chrome-Head...-P2196847.aspx

Trigger Wires-
      000-979-009, Qty - 1, 2 optional. Shouldn't be more than a couple bucks.
      I got one from Maloosheck and one from my local dealer. Price will vary with dealer. One wire is needed to wire up the fog lights. Second wire is optional if you wanted to wire up the rear fog lights.

Screws-
      N911-605-01, Qty - 4, they were only $0.70 each.

If you haven't already changed out your amber corners lights, this would be an ideal time to pick up a set as it will be simple to install as you will already have the grill off when you start installing the fog lights.

Relay -
      3C8-951-253. After searching dealers and then telling me it is not available in US, I ended up ordering from TM Tuning as a special order. Took about 2 weeks to deliver coming from Germany.
      Last edited by VdubTX; 04-14-2012 at 10:32 PM.
      2011 Reflex Silver CC Sport - 4300k HID's, DRL's off, 35% Tint, Vag-Com tweaks, Footwell lights, LED interior lights, debadged, extra bag hook, euro switch, rear fogs, fog lights retrofit LINK, clear turns.

CC Windows w/key fob & Rain Closing - LINK

Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT
      04-24-2011 06:46 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by VdubTX View Post
      Finally completed adding fog lights to my 2011 CC Sport. Listed below are parts needed for the install and also linked is a How-To document in .pdf format. If you have any questions or want anything clarified, let me know.

Parts list:
      Fog lights -

Also available at VAGLink.com - $99.99 + shipping, just ask them to discount it before you pay and they will.
      http://www.vaglink.com/VAG/Passat_CC..._Passat_CC.htm

Fog grills -

Also available at VAGlink.com - $49.99 free shipping.

Kufatec wiring harness -
      Will need harness for H11 bulbs. $50 + shipping from OEMPlus.com. Will need to email them for availability. Usually 4 week lead time to get the harness in. I contacted VWVortex user Maloosheck and he hooked me up with what I needed and had it in my hands 3 days later. Awesome guy and was incredible in helping troubleshoot with me. JUst be sure whoever you get the harness from it has the right/left wiring combined into one connection. This is how it connects in the CC since we also have the cornering lights.

Euro Switch -
      Available at VAGlink.com for $39.99 free shipping.

http://www.vaglink.com/VAG/Passat_B6..._Passat_B6.htm

Trigger Wires-
      I got one from Maloosheck and one from my local dealer. Price will vary with dealer. One wire is needed to wire up the fog lights. Second wire is optional if you wanted to wire up the rear fog lights.

Screws-

If you haven't already changed out your amber corners lights, this would be an ideal time to pick up a set as it will be simple to install as you will already have the grill off when you start installing the fog lights.

Relay -
      3C8-951-253. After searching dealers and then telling me it is not available in US, I ended up ordering from TM Tuning as a special order. Took about 2 weeks to deliver coming from Germany.
      Major reps dude! I applaud you for your effort and a job well done!
      Last edited by jspirate; 04-24-2011 at 06:50 PM.
      Daily | Weekend | Project

04-25-2011 02:36 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      Major reps dude! I applaud you for your effort and a job well done!
      No problem. Hope it helps out any 11+ Sport owners that want to install fogs.
      2011 Reflex Silver CC Sport - 4300k HID's, DRL's off, 35% Tint, Vag-Com tweaks, Footwell lights, LED interior lights, debadged, extra bag hook, euro switch, rear fogs, fog lights retrofit LINK, clear turns.

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI
      04-25-2011 04:06 PM #4
      Nice work. I will have to try this soon.

04-25-2011 05:30 PM #5

6. 04-25-2011 06:37 PM #6
      Just one question...

Can the Kufactec wiring harness be ordered through the VW dealership as an OEM item for car that came with the fogs or is the factory wiring different require the actual Kufactec made?

Think I may have asked that before

Great job on the DIY!

Getting ready to do mine along with HID headlights. Might keep the amber turn signals since my car is Lt Brwn Metallic...kinda looks cool with the amber lenses.

04-25-2011 08:35 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Neon View Post
      Just one question...

Can the Kufactec wiring harness be ordered through the VW dealership as an OEM item for car that came with the fogs or is the factory wiring different require the actual Kufactec made?
      You can, but expect to pay quite a bit more. I priced it when I was at the dealership one day and they quoted a price of $200+ for it.

8. 04-25-2011 11:19 PM #8
      You can, but expect to pay quite a bit more. I priced it when I was at the dealership one day and they quoted a price of $200+ for it.

Ahh yes...forgot that factor.

Guess when I went today to price some parts for this re-tro fit the dealer prices were not that bad. The relay was $45.30 plus $20.00 shipping. I am still waiting on TM Tuning for a price quote to see where they are on the part.

9. 05-28-2011 05:55 PM #9
      just wanted to add that i went thru the fog light install process and since I had a MT I had to pick a different firewall to route it thru.. there is plenty of space on the wiring harness coming into the car on the far left side from where the clutch is.. also, i was able to run a hanger (very carefully) from the inside out and then tape the wiring onto it to route it into the cabin, therefore bypassing the removal of the battery altogether..

Vehicles
      askavwsalesguy.com
      05-28-2011 06:11 PM #10

Vehicles
      More than you can afford pal, Ferrari. But seriously, Ferrari.
      05-28-2011 07:03 PM #11
      Nice, but the install link does not work for me.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!

12. 06-14-2011 03:35 PM #12

Parts list:
      Fog lights -

Also available at VAGLink.com - $99.99 + shipping, just ask them to discount it before you pay and they will.

Fog grills -

Also available at VAGlink.com - $49.99 free shipping.

Kufatec wiring harness -

Euro Switch -
      Available at VAGlink.com for $39.99 free shipping.

http://www.vaglink.com/VAG/Passat_B6..._Passat_B6.htm

Trigger Wires-

Screws-

Relay -

PM sent regarding wiring harness.

07-11-2011 02:36 PM #13
      Updated the link for the How-To .pdf file.

Since I last posted to this, 2012's have definitely changed in terms of wiring positions etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Passat SEL Premium TDI
      07-11-2011 02:43 PM #14
      Updated the link for the How-To .pdf file.

Since I last posted to this, 2012's have definitely changed in terms of wiring positions etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.
      Thanks for updating!

If anyone has specifics for 2012 CC Sport to add, it would be greatly appreciated!
      2013 Reflex Silver Passat SEL Premium TDI

15. 07-11-2011 02:55 PM #15
      Excellent write up!

16. 07-11-2011 03:54 PM #16
      I am in the process of doing the fogs on my 2012 CC and it is definitely challenging in terms of wiring/pin#s and Vagcom.

So far what I know is that the items needed are the same for 2011 CC's in terms of bulbs, lense, triggers wires, Euro switch, but wiring it up to the CECM and coding are different.

One note, when trying to enable the rear fogs, I stumbled upon something kinda cool. I hooked the trigger wire up to the correct terminal but wrong pin# and when enabled with the Euro switch, my rear reverse lights came on.

Hopefully will have more soon...

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Passat SEL Premium TDI
      07-23-2011 04:28 PM #17
      I just received my switch from VagLink. One question: So I noticed that in the auto position, you cannot pull out the knob to activate the rear and front fogs...only in the parking light and lights on position you can do that. Is there any way to get the fogs to come on with the headlights when the switch is in the "Auto" position? I have a VAG, but haven't dove into the coding yet as I don't even have the fogs wired up yet. Would this be something you could code using VCDS?

Thanks.
      2013 Reflex Silver Passat SEL Premium TDI

18. 07-24-2011 10:52 PM #18
      No, have the same switch AUTO is for headlights only and fog or rear fogs will not work or come on. Only in parking lights and full headlights. There is no coding.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi A4'97--> Subie WRX'07 Stage 3+--> Murano--> VW GTi'11--> VW CC 2011 now
      08-11-2012 11:36 AM #19
      I'm gonna keep this in mind

how much money did it cost overall?

08-11-2012 12:39 PM #20
      Per pricing in my OP, right at about $250.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

21. Member
      Vehicles
      09-24-2012 02:27 PM #21
      wow... checked on Keffer for the fog lights, prices went up.. its 82.50 now... per piece...
      Ko4 ClubCC: CTS AIS,BW Ko4,Neuspeed FMIC,APR DSG,UNI DV Reloc Kit,Forge DV,CTS CCan,BSH Throttle,R8 Coils,R8 Oil Cap,Porsche Coolant Cap,APR DP,Milltek CBE,BSH Torque Mnt,VRC13/Hancook V12,SHS Coils,Hotchkis 27mm RSB,Dectane Headlights,5K/3k Morimoto,RLine Tails,Flat MFSW/shifters,Fully LEDed,WT 27%,Aspherical Mrrs,Alum Interior Accents/Vents&etc In Process:DevilsOwn Stg 2 Install Soon NexT:Ran out of Ideas

09-24-2012 03:25 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
      wow... checked on Keffer for the fog lights, prices went up.. its 82.50 now... per piece...
      Price still $99 for pair at orientalparts.com.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      09-24-2012 03:44 PM #23
      yeah, man i'm checking on them to Was gonna get original VW part, but not worth paying more for OEM )

but Keffer got that relay, you were talking about for 38 bux...i hope thats right part
      Ko4 ClubCC: CTS AIS,BW Ko4,Neuspeed FMIC,APR DSG,UNI DV Reloc Kit,Forge DV,CTS CCan,BSH Throttle,R8 Coils,R8 Oil Cap,Porsche Coolant Cap,APR DP,Milltek CBE,BSH Torque Mnt,VRC13/Hancook V12,SHS Coils,Hotchkis 27mm RSB,Dectane Headlights,5K/3k Morimoto,RLine Tails,Flat MFSW/shifters,Fully LEDed,WT 27%,Aspherical Mrrs,Alum Interior Accents/Vents&etc In Process:DevilsOwn Stg 2 Install Soon NexT:Ran out of Ideas

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      12-28-2012 11:08 AM #24
      Thanks for the detailed explanation. This is truly wonderful for people who have a CC Sport and would like to add fog lights (like me - VW CC Sport 2011 AT).

I understood most of your instructions in the pdf file, up until page 15 where you had screen shots of Bit 0 to Bit 7. Where was that taken and do you need a special tool for that?

Also, the relay that you have mentioned in the parts list is no where to be found currently. TM Tuning site is no longer in existence and I've read tons of warnings about the company being fradulent.

Thanks in advance for your help.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      12-28-2012 03:37 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by van33 View Post
      Thanks for the detailed explanation. This is truly wonderful for people who have a CC Sport and would like to add fog lights (like me - VW CC Sport 2011 AT).

I understood most of your instructions in the pdf file, up until page 15 where you had screen shots of Bit 0 to Bit 7. Where was that taken and do you need a special tool for that?

Also, the relay that you have mentioned in the parts list is no where to be found currently. TM Tuning site is no longer in existence and I've read tons of warnings about the company being fradulent.

screen shots, thats the VAGcom adjusments that you have to make in order for the fogs to work.

If you have questions about parts, shot me a text, i tell you where I got them from..I had it done few month ago.

Cheers!

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      12-28-2012 04:17 PM #26
      Groovy, Stero1D. I have no idea how to do that VAGcom adjusment? Do I need a special tool for that? You said shoot you a text, number please?

27. Member
      Vehicles
      12-28-2012 04:50 PM #27
      Groovy, Stero1D. I have no idea how to do that VAGcom adjusment? Do I need a special tool for that? You said shoot you a text, number please?
      Vagcom - special tool/program to change ECU settings...

Send me a pivate message on here, bro!

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      01-02-2013 12:12 PM #28
      Will I be able to complete this project without the Vagcom tool? If not, how much is the tool on top of the $250 cost for the project?

29. Member
      Vehicles
      01-02-2013 04:11 PM #29
      Will I be able to complete this project without the Vagcom tool? If not, how much is the tool on top of the $250 cost for the project?
      U will not be able to finish it.. but you could find somebody local who can do it for you or tech at the dealership.. no need to buy it, its 250+...

01-03-2013 11:49 AM #30

Sorry, haven't checked in here in awhile. Let me know if you have any additional questions once you start the project.

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      01-03-2013 12:07 PM #31
      Hey VdubTX, do you have a Vagcom tool that I can borrow ? I would like to start on this project soon but I'm afraid that without it, I won't be able to finish just like Stero1D had metioned.

Need help guys. I really want to do this soon.

01-03-2013 12:23 PM #32
      Hey VdubTX, do you have a Vagcom tool that I can borrow ? I would like to start on this project soon but I'm afraid that without it, I won't be able to finish just like Stero1D had metioned.

Need help guys. I really want to do this soon.
      Not sure I would be comfortable lending out a pricy tool to just anyone. No offense. Check out the Vag Com locator - LINK - and see if someone in your area is available to do the tweaks for you. They literally take about 10 minutes tops to do including coding for key fobs, DRL's and rain closing features.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      01-04-2013 02:33 PM #33
      VDubTX, bro maybe he lives close to u and cld swing by for a lil adjustment

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      01-04-2013 02:39 PM #34
      I found someone in the area who has one. Crossing my fingers that he'll respond to my e-mail and help me (beer and some $$ included).

35. Member
      Vehicles
      01-04-2013 02:43 PM #35
      let us knw abt the charges

btw u found all parts? need help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast