Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 76 to 100 of 129

    Thread: VW DriverGear Sport Springs on a CC -- YES they lower it!

    1. 07-07-2011 12:29 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      For everyone interested/posting up.....

      These springs give a sporty/mild drop, but it's just an alternative and helps get rid of some of the fender gap....and also gain some better handling!

      Even though I have coilovers now, I still have my DG springs for my (future) winter setup
      Why DG springs for the winter setup? Just adjust the coil overs higher for winter and sell your DG springs to me at the ECS sale price a while ago... I think they where $47 back then plus shipping... I have first dibs
      Last edited by pandavw86; 07-07-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Wrong info

    2. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      8,869
      Vehicles
      2014 VW
      07-09-2011 06:47 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by pandavw86 View Post
      Why DG springs for the winter setup? Just adjust the coil overs higher for winter and sell your DG springs to me at the ECS sale price a while ago... I think they where $47 back then plus shipping... I have first dibs
      I bought the ST coilovers and they're not stainless.
      So to keep them clean/protected...I'm just gonna take them off for winter. That way they'll last longer
      And with the DG height in the snow, I know I wouldn't have any issues

      The DG springs, I bought the manual springs & they were $208 + shipping
      (the auto version were the ones on clearance)
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport


      For Sale ----> KW V1 Coilovers: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...W-V1-Coilovers

    3. Member Poprocks01's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 29th, 2011
      Location
      San Fernando Valley, CA
      Posts
      319
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi S4
      07-19-2011 12:28 PM #78
      Best price I can find on these now is $268 before shipping @ Keffer. Bummer

      Kinda feeling my H&R's are too low .....

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2011
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      455
      Vehicles
      2015 Pure White GTI SE, PP, LP, DSG and 1972 MB 280SEL
      07-19-2011 09:50 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Poprocks01 View Post
      Best price I can find on these now is $268 before shipping @ Keffer. Bummer

      Kinda feeling my H&R's are too low .....
      I was thinking I may want H&R. Currently have DG installed...maybe we could get together and have a spring swap....

    5. Member EngTech1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2008
      Location
      Western - Up State NY
      Posts
      1,140
      Vehicles
      CC, V50 - T-Bird , MG , Volvo 122s , Volvo 144 , Volvo 242 GT
      07-20-2011 12:30 AM #80
      Where's a Good Source for Bolts ?

      Especially Sub-Frame Bolts ?
      I'll do My Best to Help You: ** Fall Sale is On ! ** -


    6. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2011
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      455
      Vehicles
      2015 Pure White GTI SE, PP, LP, DSG and 1972 MB 280SEL
      07-20-2011 02:38 PM #81
      ECS I think sells them

    7. Member Poprocks01's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 29th, 2011
      Location
      San Fernando Valley, CA
      Posts
      319
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi S4
      07-31-2011 03:43 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by jkeith72 View Post
      I was thinking I may want H&R. Currently have DG installed...maybe we could get together and have a spring swap....
      Oops I never saw this reply ... Sending pm

    8. Member Poprocks01's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 29th, 2011
      Location
      San Fernando Valley, CA
      Posts
      319
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi S4
      08-24-2011 09:39 PM #83
      Got my Driver Gear springs installed today. Gotta give it a little time to settle, but so far I'm digging the look. DG's definitely corrected the reverse rake appearance I felt the H&R's gave my car.

      Two hours after install, here are the numbers:


      Front: 26 3/8"
      Rear: 26 7/8"

      I'll post back once they settle and with some pics, including a H&R/DG comparison.

      By the way, I have some H&R's for sale Less than 1000mi on them.

    9. Banned Epence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,023
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      08-24-2011 11:07 PM #84
      Oh man you finally got D&G springs. How do you like ride quality compare to h&r?

    10. Member Poprocks01's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 29th, 2011
      Location
      San Fernando Valley, CA
      Posts
      319
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi S4
      08-25-2011 12:14 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by Epence View Post
      Oh man you finally got D&G springs. How do you like ride quality compare to h&r?
      Hey man. Yeah, H&R's just weren't my style.

      I'll put it like this: Stock ride, just a touch floaty and almost too smooth. H&R's, feelin' the potholes loud and clear, and the rebound was kinda bouncy (stock dampers out of their range?). DG's, they seem juuuuuuust right so far ... I only have about 15 miles on them.

      If you change your mind on your coilovers, I know where you can get a set of lightly used H&R's for a great price

    11. Banned Epence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,023
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      08-25-2011 12:51 AM #86
      hehe, I'm still gonna go the coils route.

      don't you need to alignment again? If so, post the difference

    12. Member Boricua_aoc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2004
      Location
      WV, 25419
      Posts
      467
      Vehicles
      2011 4Motion CC VR6 Executive / Previous: 09 CCVR6 Sport - 04 GLI - 97 Jetta VR6
      08-25-2011 12:46 PM #87
      I notice a lot of people running the H&R's and DG. Have anyone tryed the FK's that ECS sells? The FK's are rated for F/1.37 & R/1.57" drop.
      (o\_!_/o)

      2011 Candy White CC VR6 4Motion Executive
      Unitronic Tune, VF Intake, Eibach Pro's, Gold Coast Kit, R steering wheel

    13. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      8,869
      Vehicles
      2014 VW
      09-01-2011 06:38 AM #88
      Good job on keeping this thread alive guys!

      Been busy....got married & had a baby
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport


      For Sale ----> KW V1 Coilovers: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...W-V1-Coilovers

    14. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Virginia Beach
      Posts
      4,892
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta
      09-01-2011 07:46 AM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      Been busy....got married & had a baby

    15. Member Poprocks01's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 29th, 2011
      Location
      San Fernando Valley, CA
      Posts
      319
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi S4
      09-01-2011 09:40 AM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      Been busy....got married & had a baby
      Congrats!! Kind of a life-changer, eh?

      As for the springs, I think Driver Gear are the way to go IF you're keeping stock dampers. The drop is subtle, but more importantly the wheel gap and rake are even and balanced. Ride quality is awesome. I'm loving them.

    16. Junior Member VW McSmile00's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2009
      Location
      Morris Township NJ
      Posts
      25
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC, 2003 Audi RS6
      09-02-2011 03:46 PM #91
      Hi Dan,

      Again very well done on the post. One of the best I've seen. My only question is in the actual labor walk thru on TDIForm he used a suspension limiter. I noticed in your list of parts that was missing.

      Did you use one and if not why?

      Thanks,

      John

    17. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      8,869
      Vehicles
      2014 VW
      09-03-2011 04:41 AM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Poprocks01 View Post
      Congrats!! Kind of a life-changer, eh?

      As for the springs, I think Driver Gear are the way to go IF you're keeping stock dampers. The drop is subtle, but more importantly the wheel gap and rake are even and balanced. Ride quality is awesome. I'm loving them.
      You're telling me!!! lol
      Kind of the reason why I ditched the GTI and got the CC though....for more of a trunk.

      I've soooo been thinking of throwing the DG springs on and selling the ST's for some money back, but I do love the low look
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport


      For Sale ----> KW V1 Coilovers: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...W-V1-Coilovers

    18. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      8,869
      Vehicles
      2014 VW
      09-03-2011 04:45 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by VW McSmile00 View Post
      Hi Dan,

      Again very well done on the post. One of the best I've seen. My only question is in the actual labor walk thru on TDIForm he used a suspension limiter. I noticed in your list of parts that was missing.

      Did you use one and if not why?

      Thanks,

      John
      Yeah VW sells them, but they're not necessary in my opinion and I've never used them on any of my cars (MK5 GTI, MK6 GTI, & my CC).

      I'd rather save the $30 (?) or however much they costs

      Plus installing them requires removal & disassembly of the rear shocks to put them on....not hard, but just more work for something you'll never notice after it's installed

      And considering they're not much that lower than stock, you'll never get low enough to need them. I could see why you'd want them on super low springs though.

      That spacers just creates a buffer between the bump stop & the shock so that if the shock & bumpstop ever fully compressed the compression wouldn't create a vacuum effect or something like that and prevent the shock from rebounding. So the spacer has the small slit as a vent from what I understand. Same reason coilovers or aftermarket dampers have the plastic split washer for the bottom.
      But like I said, with the DG springs....you'll never get that low

      If YOU want peace of mind though...go ahead, but I've run the (DG & aftermarket) springs with them on all my cars....no issues
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport


      For Sale ----> KW V1 Coilovers: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...W-V1-Coilovers

    19. Member JETTAWOLFS98's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2002
      Location
      Omaha,NE
      Posts
      1,109
      Vehicles
      09 JETTA TDI. 13 JSW TDI
      09-15-2011 10:47 AM #94
      nice CC's.

    20. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      8,869
      Vehicles
      2014 VW
      02-23-2012 11:03 PM #95
      Bringing back an old thread....

      The DriverGear springs were a great temporary solution.....BUT......my new advice is to run the Eibach Pro-Kit, which I'm running now for winter
      Part # 85105.140

      Unlike other (aftermarket) Eibach springs which are "progressive"....the Pro-Kit for the CC has "LINEAR" springs (just like OEM & the DG springs were)

      Also, they're designed to work with the stock dampers (just like DriverGear springs):
      http://www.easier.com/9844-eibach-la...-upgrades.html

      Give a nice drop & a nice ride...all for ~$220

      To the Pro-Kit
      Last edited by snobrdrdan; 02-23-2012 at 11:11 PM.
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport


      For Sale ----> KW V1 Coilovers: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...W-V1-Coilovers

    21. Member GeoVDub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2011
      Location
      Northern IL
      Posts
      782
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      02-24-2012 02:42 AM #96
      (Love the thread, always have. Thank you so much for the comparisons!)

      I'd take your advice re: the pro kit but I was assured by my dealer that I could stay under warranty with the DG springs, and I'd rather keep my warranty because I'm the type of guy who would have totally random issues come up.

      Only thing now is the parts dept was unsure if the DG springs would work on the 2013 model (they noted what you/we knew, 09-12 they work perfectly), because the '13 model was listed apart from the 09-12 cluster. Waiting until I get closer to delivery to check it out further unless someone can clarify

      However, if I can't get DG springs, might have to look into the pro kit...

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2011
      Location
      Surburban Philly
      Posts
      664
      Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line 2.0T, 6MT, Black/Cornsilk, GIAC chipped, Koni SS coilovers, Borla catback, DG shrt sh
      02-24-2012 12:22 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      Bringing back an old thread....

      The DriverGear springs were a great temporary solution.....BUT......my new advice is to run the Eibach Pro-Kit, which I'm running now for winter
      Part # 85105.140

      Unlike other (aftermarket) Eibach springs which are "progressive"....the Pro-Kit for the CC has "LINEAR" springs (just like OEM & the DG springs were)

      Also, they're designed to work with the stock dampers (just like DriverGear springs):
      http://www.easier.com/9844-eibach-la...-upgrades.html

      Give a nice drop & a nice ride...all for ~$220

      To the Pro-Kit

      Hi......

      Any pics of your CC with your "winter" Eibach springs?
      I wanna see how low, please.

      Or, if you can measure GTF, front & rear.

      Thanks!

      TM

    23. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      8,869
      Vehicles
      2014 VW
      02-25-2012 07:24 AM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoVDub View Post
      (Love the thread, always have. Thank you so much for the comparisons!)

      I'd take your advice re: the pro kit but I was assured by my dealer that I could stay under warranty with the DG springs, and I'd rather keep my warranty because I'm the type of guy who would have totally random issues come up.

      Only thing now is the parts dept was unsure if the DG springs would work on the 2013 model (they noted what you/we knew, 09-12 they work perfectly), because the '13 model was listed apart from the 09-12 cluster. Waiting until I get closer to delivery to check it out further unless someone can clarify

      However, if I can't get DG springs, might have to look into the pro kit...
      A 2013 already???

      I imagine it'd be the same since the '13 was just a front & rear makeover

      DG springs were nice, but left the rear a little too high still IMO

      Pro-Kit rides the same, but drops it's more. Like I said, this is the best setup I've had on the car so far
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport


      For Sale ----> KW V1 Coilovers: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...W-V1-Coilovers

    24. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      8,869
      Vehicles
      2014 VW
      02-25-2012 07:25 AM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by TMCCRline View Post
      Hi......

      Any pics of your CC with your "winter" Eibach springs?
      I wanna see how low, please.

      Or, if you can measure GTF, front & rear.

      Thanks!

      TM
      Like I told someone else that PM'd me....I haven't washed my car in 4 months now, and it really needs a wheel spacer up front to look proper (instead of the fender shadow hiding the drop) and my snow tires are a little stretched on my stock 17's....so no I don't have any pics at the moment.

      I can try and get some this week though.

      As for good pics....check this out.....a local guy's R-line on the Eibach Pro-Kit, 19" Sagittas, & with a 10mm wheel spacer up front:


      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport


      For Sale ----> KW V1 Coilovers: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...W-V1-Coilovers

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 15th, 2009
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      509
      Vehicles
      2009 CC Sport, 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey, Tinted Windows, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB, APR Stg I
      05-01-2012 08:00 PM #100
      I just ordered my Driver Gear sport springs. It looked like VW may no longer be making (via Eibach) these springs. There were none of the springs available anywhere in the country for automatics and only a few left for manuals. The parts guy said it did not look like they would become available at any point in the future.
      2009 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey Metallic, Tinted Windows, Blue Tooth, APR Stage I, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB
      Audio setup: Focal 165 KRX2 in the front (crossovers removed) powered by Rockford Fosgate T400-4 (one channel per speaker); ARC Audio KAR 265 in the rear powered by Alpine PDX-4.100 (bridged); 8" 250W Powered Bazooka Sub; RF 360.2 Digital Signal Processor

    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •