Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: VW DriverGear Sport Springs on a CC -- YES they lower it!

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-line, 2012 GLI Autobahn
      05-09-2012 01:00 AM #106
      Whats the measurement difference between the pro kit and the dg springs? Is it like half an inch?
      2010 CC R-line. 5% tint, Euro Clear Corners,ST Coilovers, Whiteline Adjustable Endlinks, Led interior lights, Apr Stage 1 Carbonio Intake, R8 Coilpacks, Hoen lights, BrakePerformance Rotors, EBC Red Pads
      2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn- APR Stage Intake, Cree LED DRL, Hoen lights, ST Coilovers,AWE TOP, VMR V710 Wheels, Gloss Black Roof Wrap

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      05-12-2012 05:57 AM #107
      Depends on the wheel/tire combo (when measuring FTG)....but the Pro-Kit will be about a 0.5" lower in the front & about 0.75-1" lower in the rear versus the DriverGear springs
      Parting out, check the classifieds -->'13 Tiguan S -- Golf R Intercooler
      '13 Tiguan SE

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 CC Sport, 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey, Tinted Windows, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB, APR Stg I
      05-14-2012 06:57 PM #108
      So I got myself a set of the DG sport springs and I am scheduled to have them put on this Wed. But I have never done any suspension modding and am a bit apprehensive because I really want to stay away from anything harsh. I chose the DG springs largely because of the people on this thread who, one after another, said that the springs felt virtually indistinguishable from stock while firming up the handling in cornering.

I guess I am hoping for some reinforcement before I plunk the money down that indeed the springs feel very much like stock in normal, down-the-road driving. Mostly, I just want to get rid of the bounciness at freeway speeds and maybe a little less body roll in corners.

So any feedback would be appreciated from those with experience with these springs.
      2009 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey Metallic, Tinted Windows, Blue Tooth, APR Stage I, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB
      Audio setup: Focal 165 KRX2 in the front (crossovers removed) powered by Rockford Fosgate T400-4 (one channel per speaker); ARC Audio KAR 265 in the rear powered by Alpine PDX-4.100 (bridged); 8" 250W Powered Bazooka Sub; RF 360.2 Digital Signal Processor

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      05-15-2012 06:19 AM #109
      Well they definitely do get rid of the body roll and will get rid of some of that bounciness (since they're stiffer)

They were a nice setup, but I just wanted to go lower still.

If you want more performance over stock, but not much of a change in the ride....they'll do the job
      '13 Tiguan SE

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 CC Sport, 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey, Tinted Windows, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB, APR Stg I
      06-06-2012 07:23 PM #110
      So I finally got my VW DG Sport Springs installed and have been driving on them for the last week. I am very pleased with the results. I could not discern any added harshness or stiffness in daily driving (I was quite concerned about this). Felt exactly the same as stock, only better. In my opinion, the stock CC suspension was somewhat bouncy, especially over larger road undulations at higher speeds. There was a lot or rebound in the suspension and it really got to annoy me. The sport springs do a really nice job of eliminating that. I suppose since they are stiffer, they seem to do a much better job of absorbing the energy as you go over bumps rather than continuing to oscillate. So now, I hit one of those annoying bumps on the freeway and get just one bump and immediately the suspension settles. No more excessive rebounding!

And the occasional shudders from the suspension I would get going over really rough roads is gone too.

As others have mentioned, the car feels considerably more composed in turns and has a lot less body roll. I know my route home very well and exactly how fast I can go on various curved freeway ramps and such and am now able to take those curves at a considerably faster speed and still feel the car is well within its limits. I always felt the car actually had a lot more grip than the suspension would allow me to exploit due to how lively things would start to feel at speed. Now, it is all calm and composed. I'm loving it.

The drop is mild, but noticeable. Feels just right to me as I don't want to have to be excessively careful about scraping driveways and such.

I just don't understand why VW wouldn't put springs like this on the car in the first place. The springs are already available and you get a more composed, sporty drive without any added harshness. Seems like a no brainer to me. I can recommend these springs (or equivalent ones) without a single hesitation to those who are on the fence.

Thanks to those who responded to my PMs about their experiences with the sport springs.
      2009 2.0T, 6MT, Iron Grey Metallic, Tinted Windows, Blue Tooth, APR Stage I, VW DG Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSB
      Audio setup: Focal 165 KRX2 in the front (crossovers removed) powered by Rockford Fosgate T400-4 (one channel per speaker); ARC Audio KAR 265 in the rear powered by Alpine PDX-4.100 (bridged); 8" 250W Powered Bazooka Sub; RF 360.2 Digital Signal Processor

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      06-08-2012 02:56 AM #111
      Glad to hear that someone else finally tried these and loves them!

Now post some pics
      '13 Tiguan SE

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC
      11-17-2012 08:52 PM #112
      I said I wasn't going to do any suspension mods, but the DG or Eibachs seem like they would be a worthwhile performance upgrade more so than dropping the vehicle. I don't want to drop too far since I'm not into that look, but if I can get a slight drop only with an upgrade in handling while staying close to within stock specs then I would be interested. However Dan, you mentioned in another thread that lowering the CC added some rattles. Was this on your older CC and with CO's or from the springs on your '13??

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC
      11-18-2012 12:20 AM #113
      If they even make DG springs for the CC anymore??

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      11-18-2012 06:55 AM #114
      The CC is built/the same as the B6 Passat....so: B6 Passat DG springs = CC DG springs (which I tried in this thread)

As for lowering/handling.....the DG springs will lower the front of the car & the rear just a hair.
      Better handling.

Eibach Pro-Kit springs, for the CC specifically, lower the front & the rear. BUT are linear just like the DG springs with better handling as well too.
      So that's why I recommend the Eibachs nows for the CC, after trying them. I thought they'd be progressive, but they weren't. And they pair up perfectly with the stock dampers.
      A hair stiffer, but in a good way & still a good OEM like ride.

The rattles I complained about were the "usual" ones. I have the Eibachs on my '13 now with no noise.
      On my '11 CC though...I tried about 5 different suspensions, so of course some noises developed from being pretty low. Nothing crazy....again, just the "normal" complaints/noises we hear about on here.

But on my '13....so far, so good & I highly recommend them!
      '13 Tiguan SE

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC
      11-18-2012 11:05 PM #115
      Where can u buy Eibach Pro-Kit springs?? And where can u get DG springs??
      Last edited by DallasCC; 11-19-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      11-21-2012 07:25 AM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by DallasCC View Post
      Where can u buy Eibach Pro-Kit springs?? And where can u get DG springs??
      DG springs....from an online dealer is the best price (just enter the part number):
      www.keffervwparts.com

Eibachs...part number 85105.140....PM'd you back on golfmk6.com about, but TireRack.com, Autoplicity.com, or THmotorsports.com:
      http://thmotorsports.com/eibach/eiba.../i-285966.aspx

Read this thread for info/tips on installing:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...prings-install
      Last edited by snobrdrdan; 11-21-2012 at 07:28 AM.
      '13 Tiguan SE

12. Member
      Vehicles
      11-21-2012 03:15 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by DallasCC View Post
      If they even make DG springs for the CC anymore??
      I don't believe they do. When I got mine about 6 months ago, the parts guy checked inventory across the country and there were none available for DSG and only a few left for manuals.

After six months on the VW DG Sport Springs, I really feel the ride of the car has improved across the board. Less body roll in turns, less bouncing/rebound over bumps on the freeway, no more suspension "shudders" over large bumps at lower speeds, and no added harshness, none. But now I want to replace the rear sway bar.

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      03-15-2013 11:10 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      DG springs....from an online dealer is the best price (just enter the part number):
      www.keffervwparts.com

Eibachs...part number 85105.140....PM'd you back on golfmk6.com about, but TireRack.com, Autoplicity.com, or THmotorsports.com:
      http://thmotorsports.com/eibach/eiba.../i-285966.aspx

Read this thread for info/tips on installing:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...prings-install

Vehicles
      2013 CC Executive 2002 Jetta GLX
      03-18-2013 03:15 PM #119
      My Car History l No one knows what it means, but it's provocative......It gets the people going

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      03-19-2013 06:04 AM #120
      That's where my car ended up.

With a DSG....it should lower the front a hair more, since it's heavier.

But either way....from the factory the car had some reverse rake (higher in the front then the rear).
      With these springs, it lowers the front a little and adds some rake to the car.

But the springs are also stiffer, tightening up the suspension, but not harsh at all.
      '13 Tiguan SE

Vehicles
      '12 VW CC Lux Limited
      03-19-2013 06:10 AM #121
      That's where my car ended up.

With a DSG....it should lower the front a hair more, since it's heavier.

But either way....from the factory the car had some reverse rake (higher in the front then the rear).
      With these springs, it lowers the front a little and adds some rake to the car.

But the springs are also stiffer, tightening up the suspension, but not harsh at all.
      Thanks. I actually deleted my original post because I felt like I was over-thinking things. I don't think this stuff is anywhere near as complicated as I make it out to be sometimes!
      2012 VW CC Lux Limited, Urano Gray/Black

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      03-19-2013 06:14 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by skylux_cc View Post
      Thanks. I actually deleted my original post because I felt like I was over-thinking things. I don't think this stuff is anywhere near as complicated as I make it out to be sometimes!
      Yeah I know it's late and I've been up all night working, but I had to do a double take like 5 times. I swear I saw your post & was writing back to it, but then it disappeared....lol

I was like
      '13 Tiguan SE

Vehicles
      2007 JETTA GLI, 2012 GOLF GTI 35TH ANNIVERSARY
      04-24-2013 05:15 PM #123
      They looks pretty sweat!

19. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      CC VR6 4-motion
      04-24-2013 09:31 PM #124
      Hey guys, I'm a lurker on here. I haven't posted much but I wanted to ask a question about the DG springs. I have a VW CC VR6 4motion. I looked on Keffer Parts but I didn't see any springs for the VR6 4motion. Does anyone know if these are still available and/or what the part number is?

Thanks for your help!

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      04-27-2013 06:31 AM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by gidiyup1 View Post
      Hey guys, I'm a lurker on here. I haven't posted much but I wanted to ask a question about the DG springs. I have a VW CC VR6 4motion. I looked on Keffer Parts but I didn't see any springs for the VR6 4motion. Does anyone know if these are still available and/or what the part number is?

Thanks for your help!
      There are no VR6 specific springs.

But these would still fit/work
      '13 Tiguan SE

21. n00b
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC VR6 4Mo
      12-19-2013 03:04 PM #126
      There are no VR6 specific springs.

But these would still fit/work

I just purchased the DG springs (3C0071679) last week and am hoping to have them installed this weekend. Before I do though, I'm wondering if these springs will give me more than a 1.5" drop since my V6 4 Motion is heavier than the 4 cylinder, 2 wheel drive model CC's? Has anyone else done this on a 4Motion?
      Reason I ask is because I'd really rather not go lower than a 1.5" drop and am now wondering if I should have opted for some adjustable coilovers instead?

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      12-20-2013 10:39 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptorOfSin View Post
      I just purchased the DG springs (3C0071679) last week and am hoping to have them installed this weekend. Before I do though, I'm wondering if these springs will give me more than a 1.5" drop since my V6 4 Motion is heavier than the 4 cylinder, 2 wheel drive model CC's? Has anyone else done this on a 4Motion?
      Reason I ask is because I'd really rather not go lower than a 1.5" drop and am now wondering if I should have opted for some adjustable coilovers instead?
      The most you'll get with DG is about .8 to an inch since you're car is a bit heavier. Nothing more than that. If you wanna be in in the 1.5 inch drop, look at H&R or VW Racing springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      12-21-2013 04:44 AM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptorOfSin View Post
      x2 on what van33 said

You won't see 1.5" drop with these DG springs
      '13 Tiguan SE

24. 08-17-2014 01:41 PM #129
      Is there any bad part to lower it little bit ? any down parts or not ?thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234