Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FireVortex for vBulletin :: Firefox + Google Chrome Supported

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-17-2011 09:46 PM #1
      So... after many months of dirty diapers. I finally had some time to throw together a new version for vBulletin. It was a complete rewrite using jQuery + HTML5 LocalStorage for more cross-browser support. (a few gotchas - certain data/settings domain based)

I'd call it a beta as many features are still missing and i've had limited time to test. The goal was more transparency with the forums and less dependency on firefox xul.

If you would like to code in some features - FireVortex is now on GitHub.

So, give it a whirl and report up any problems, suggestions, etc. I'll batch updates on a monthly basis

Features

Works on VWvortex (testing needs to be done on sister sites) & AudiZine forums (needs testing)
      -- I'll consider other major vBul automotive based forums, must be vBul4.0+

SuperSizeMe mode - removes all extra whitespace from layout

HidePage - keyboard shortcut to hide forum page quickly - for the cubeworkers.

MyPage - pulls in data feeds for topics, forums, etc on main forum page

Highlighting - selectable colors for different members (friends, mods, advertisers)

Full User Ignore - removes threads created by, quoted by, and the default vBul ignore message within threads

Thread Previews - hover over the [p] or last post to display

Forum Previews - hover over the [p] to display new posts for a given forum

Kill Threads - 75 per forum restriction
      Kill Stickies
      Kill Locks

Forum Refresh - select interval to auto refresh the page

First Post excerpt - on secondary thread pages - displays the first post

Kill Quoted Images

Kill Quotes in Signatures

Quick Reply

Emoticons - unlimited, just copy/paste in the url to whatever image you want. I'll add in a selectable list of greenies soon.

Data is parsed in the background every 5 minutes or so

Settings can be accessed via /profile.php?do=editfirevortex (must be logged in)

Last edited by rich!; 01-13-2012 at 04:19 PM.
      .: FireVortex the Browser Extension for VWVortex :: Download now for Firefox & Google Chrome :: Powered by etivite

.: Features: Full Ignore a Member :: Thread Previews :: Kill Threads :: Products Search :: Quick Menu (favorite forums, subscribe topics, recently viewed) :: Custom Emoticons :: Quick Reply :: Full Screen Mode :: MyPage :: Kill Quoted Images :: Kill Quotes in Sigs :: more...

2. Member
      05-19-2011 05:02 PM #2
      Oh my sweet Jeebus, thank you so much. *

*Titan India Pale Ale awaits (or Pampers)!
      Last edited by silverzee; 05-19-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Vehicles
      Charger R/T|Fixie|Light Rail
      05-19-2011 07:36 PM #3
      thank you sir

05-19-2011 08:35 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by rich! View Post
      I'll batch updates on a monthly basis
      lol

oh....you're being serious.

MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-19-2011 08:38 PM #5
      oh uh, that is baby time - so double or triple it
      .: FireVortex the Browser Extension for VWVortex :: Download now for Firefox & Google Chrome :: Powered by etivite

.: Features: Full Ignore a Member :: Thread Previews :: Kill Threads :: Products Search :: Quick Menu (favorite forums, subscribe topics, recently viewed) :: Custom Emoticons :: Quick Reply :: Full Screen Mode :: MyPage :: Kill Quoted Images :: Kill Quotes in Sigs :: more...

6. 05-19-2011 11:26 PM #6
      Thank you for this program. Life can go better now

7. Member
      05-20-2011 04:11 AM #7
      I seem to be having a problem with the color options. I tried turning some of them off by selecting white and now I get this after trying to go back to a color of some sort. I also can't get disabled to stick.

Last edited by silverzee; 05-20-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-20-2011 06:54 AM #8
      Need to know which option you tried changing...

User Highlight won't disable? - found that error and fixed it on my end, fixed in next update push.

Which color?
      Is PsyberVW on a friends/contact list as well?
      Last edited by rich!; 05-20-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Vehicles
      A6 TDI Quattro wagon, A4 TDI Quattro racecar
      05-20-2011 07:00 AM #9
      Awesome! So glad to see this back

I love supersize! It makes the forum so much more usable on a widescreen laptop. No more first thread being 3/4 of the way down the screen

One thing I have noticed - quick reply doesn't seem to insert the signature. I can't find a setting for that. Is that a glitch or a feature?
      Throw an Audi engineer down a hole with a ladder and he will fashion a shovel from it and tunnel his way out

Quote Originally Posted by shwak23 View Post
      You could always call your insurance and say that some vandals tried to swap your car to rwd while you weren't looking.

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-20-2011 07:04 AM #10
      I fixed the signature issue via QuickReply - so when I push the next update.

Vehicles
      05-20-2011 07:34 AM #11
      Throw an Audi engineer down a hole with a ladder and he will fashion a shovel from it and tunnel his way out

You could always call your insurance and say that some vandals tried to swap your car to rwd while you weren't looking.

Vehicles
      05-20-2011 07:44 AM #12
      Oh one other thing - could you make it so the 'subscribe' button defaults to the main vbulletin profile settings please? I have subscriptions turned off, but the box is always ticked in FV quick reply.

Thanks

Vehicles
      I haz a bunnah
      05-20-2011 01:02 PM #13
      One thing I've noticed with the kill thread feature. It ignores the stickys. Now i know there is a kill stickys feature but There are some I'd like to keep and some I'd like to kill. Can the kill thread just be extended to everything?

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      05-20-2011 02:17 PM #14
      Which means, I'll have a Chrome version up soon - which is much faster

15. Member
      05-20-2011 04:46 PM #15
      Need to know which option you tried changing...

User Highlight won't disable? - found that error and fixed it on my end, fixed in next update push.

Which color?
      Is PsyberVW on a friends/contact list as well?
      Correct on the first part.

I was trying to make it so only my friend's posts were highlighted, so I figured I'd start by changing the mods color to white. But as you can see in the picture it's like there are multiple smaller boxes of color that make up the one big box. I can post more screenshots if needed. Would be better to have the option to disable/enable them individually.

05-20-2011 05:14 PM #16
      Thanks for the (continued) hard work!
      i'd lock this thread but i have no clue how...

Vehicles
      05-20-2011 07:08 PM #17
      Noticed a problem when following links off Vortex:

Doesn't happen within Vortex - only when you go to another site. I get a brief "Enhanced by Firevortex" banner at the top of the screen, the message pops up, then the other page loads.

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-20-2011 08:09 PM #18
      hmm, that code is not used in firevortex.

got a link to the post here on the forums? (to which you are clicking the link to an external site)

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-20-2011 08:12 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by wantacad View Post
      One thing I've noticed with the kill thread feature. It ignores the stickys. Now i know there is a kill stickys feature but There are some I'd like to keep and some I'd like to kill. Can the kill thread just be extended to everything?
      done for next udpate but only works when kill stickies is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by silverzee View Post
      Correct on the first part.

I was trying to make it so only my friend's posts were highlighted, so I figured I'd start by changing the mods color to white. But as you can see in the picture it's like there are multiple smaller boxes of color that make up the one big box. I can post more screenshots if needed. Would be better to have the option to disable/enable them individually.
      i see the 2nd issue now, looks like vBul does have some secondary css stuff going on. i'll have to dig into that or recode each highlight with an enable/disable
      Last edited by rich!; 05-20-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Vehicles
      05-21-2011 04:46 AM #20
      hmm, that code is not used in firevortex.

got a link to the post here on the forums? (to which you are clicking the link to an external site)
      I get it on any external link within the forums - even the one to FV in your sig.

Firefox 4.01 on Win7 x64.

I bet its just gonna be me isn't it?

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-21-2011 07:32 AM #21
      possible it may interfere with another extension - i just can't replicate it and don't use that code in the extension. only idea i have at the moment is enable/disable extensions to see which one is causing the issue.

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-21-2011 12:44 PM #22
      FV for Chrome is up... crossing fingers on that one

Vehicles
      05-21-2011 12:56 PM #23
      possible it may interfere with another extension - i just can't replicate it and don't use that code in the extension. only idea i have at the moment is enable/disable extensions to see which one is causing the issue.
      Disabled Adblock & Google toolbar & it made no difference. I guess its just something in my setup. Thanks for looking at it though

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-21-2011 02:32 PM #24
      Can you try the Google Chrome version and see if the same error applies (the code base is the same)

- for others, updated FV to fix a few other minor bugs

Vehicles
      14 CAAD10 5
      05-22-2011 08:50 AM #25
      yesssssssssss its back!!!!

anxiously awaiting the toolbar w/favorite forums, subscribed topics, etc. awesome work so far!!!!
      coolWATER

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta, 1988 Scirocco 6MT, 2010 GTI
      05-22-2011 09:49 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
      I get it on any external link within the forums - even the one to FV in your sig.

Firefox 4.01 on Win7 x64.

I bet its just gonna be me isn't it?
      I have this issue on FF Aurora 5.0a2 Win7 x64
      Any link that goes to an external website comes up with this error.
      other addons

Edit:
      Just installed on Chrome 13.0.772.0 and no issues with outside links.
      Last edited by .skully.; 05-22-2011 at 09:59 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      keep it on topic sir
      BT MK6 GTI Build Thread

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-23-2011 08:03 AM #27
      interesting... digging deeper - found a reference (just wasn't the same output as the screenshot) in the code. so maybe a win7 issue and firevortex firing on all domains instead of just the forums.

instead of clicking an external link - what happens if you just visit the site (copy/paste n go to url bar?)

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta, 1988 Scirocco 6MT, 2010 GTI
      05-23-2011 08:44 AM #28
      instead of clicking an external link - what happens if you just visit the site (copy/paste n go to url bar?)
      I'll try that out during lunch. I don't see why copy/paste wouldn't work since it's not going through the forum code like when we would click on a link. There was a similar popup during the days of FV1.5-1.7 if I remember correctly.

No issues on my work computer...Windows XP.
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      keep it on topic sir
      BT MK6 GTI Build Thread

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      05-23-2011 11:10 AM #29
      FV for Chrome is up... crossing fingers on that one

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-23-2011 02:14 PM #30
      Ok... I was able to reproduce the pop-up error. I had adblock plus enabled with my filters.

VMG uses a third-party script to track any link you click (nasty) that conflicts with FV when you click anything to an external site. I need to find a way to bust around this for normal FV users (chrome seems fine?)

Two work arounds, use the adblock plus filters I provide under the settings (supersizeme) or just right click open tab/new window until I can get a fix in.
      Last edited by rich!; 05-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Vehicles
      05-23-2011 04:57 PM #31
      Thanks - the filter sorted it

Vehicles
      04 R32
      05-24-2011 09:52 AM #32
      Just installed the Chrome version, working pretty good so far. Thanks! Love finally having the FVQR back. *highfive*

The forum preview doesn't seem to be working. But thread preview does. I'm using Chrome 12.0.7 beta.

Also the thread highlight can't be turned off. It highlights every thread I post in when I am in the default forum view. I'd rather it just highlight my posts within a thread, not at the forum level.
      Last edited by Sump; 05-24-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      05-24-2011 10:15 AM #33
      Ok, I'll take a look at the chrome + forum preview (works in FF - so probably a minor thing)

As for the thread highlight - tied to thread subscriptions. I need to recode that section to include an enable/disable for each level of highlighting. For now, just change the highlight color for "Subscribed Topics" to white.

Vehicles
      04 R32
      05-24-2011 10:17 AM #34
      Ok, I'll take a look at the chrome + forum preview (works in FF - so probably a minor thing)

As for the thread highlight - tied to thread subscriptions. I need to recode that section to include an enable/disable for each level of highlighting. For now, just change the highlight color for "Subscribed Topics" to white.
      No worries, thanks!

05-24-2011 11:10 AM #35
      so glad to see this is finally back!!!

any chance we can get an icon to show what threads have images in them, I think the old FV had the binocular icon next to the thread title for all threads with pics.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast