Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Detail: Audi A6 Avant

1. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      12-11-2011 09:11 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by PorscheFan997 View Post
      This is how I would set mine if I had one. Plus you cant do that with a SUV.

(These are NOT REAL photos of the car, The photos are grom Gran Turismo 5.And yes I do know how to take photo for REAL, So dont troll about it please.) And if you want, tell me what you think but dont be to harsh. Thanks.
      Looks cool. For a second I thought it had modern Fuchs reps like the 911 Sport Classic... sort of a nod to the RS 2.

2. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      12-11-2011 09:12 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdub View Post
      Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe CAFE standards have an impact in whether Audi would import a wagon (a car) as opposed to an SUV like the Q5 and Q7. SUV's are subject to different standards. Volvo won't sell wagons like the V70 in the US anymore, only jacked-up "wagons" that qualify as SUV's, like the XC70.

I've had a BMW 5 series wagon in the past and loved it. I'd buy an A6 Avant in a heartbeat. The A4 Avant is too small, the A7 seats 4.

Please, why can't I just order what I want! What is want includes a manual transmission by the way.
      My understanding is that CAFE works on averages so Avants selling in low numbers as they do in the USA don't really help the averages.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      78 & 81 Scirocco, 92 T4, 08 A3
      12-13-2011 02:53 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdub View Post
      Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe CAFE standards have an impact in whether Audi would import a wagon (a car) as opposed to an SUV like the Q5 and Q7. SUV's are subject to different standards. Volvo won't sell wagons like the V70 in the US anymore, only jacked-up "wagons" that qualify as SUV's, like the XC70.

I've had a BMW 5 series wagon in the past and loved it. I'd buy an A6 Avant in a heartbeat. The A4 Avant is too small, the A7 seats 4.

Please, why can't I just order what I want! What is want includes a manual transmission by the way.
      I agree, I would like a wagon with manual transmission. I can't stand that you can't get a TDI with a stick in North America.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12