Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Bath and Body Works Wallflower Air Fresheners

Vehicles
      Sold: 2003 VW Jetta 1.8T, Own: 2005 Chevy Tahoe Z71, Drive: 2010 Ford F-150 Extended Cab
      05-20-2011 11:25 AM #1
      I want to know if anyone has solid information on the health hazards of the plug-in wallflowers Bath and Body Works sells. I have a one year-old boy and I don't want him inhaling harmful chemicals. We have these plugins in every room of the house. I tried searching google but all the articles are a few years old and don't directly reflect these wallflowers. I can assume they're like every other air freshener (which is bad) but I'm looking for hardcore proof to show my wife and get them out of the house.

Vehicles
      Is300
      05-20-2011 02:28 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by neloms View Post
      I want to know if anyone has solid information on the health hazards of the plug-in wallflowers Bath and Body Works sells. I have a one year-old boy and I don't want him inhaling harmful chemicals. We have these plugins in every room of the house. I tried searching google but all the articles are a few years old and don't directly reflect these wallflowers. I can assume they're like every other air freshener (which is bad) but I'm looking for hardcore proof to show my wife and get them out of the house.
      im sure they arent going really a huge danger. if you want to swaddle and overprotect, then id say get rid of them. if you understand that its not like you are pouring bleach in his baby bottle you are fine.

I read part of a book called death by rubber ducky, the book got bad quick but we are exposed to so many chemicals i doubt the air freshener was going to make or break it.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      05-20-2011 02:32 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by neloms View Post
      I heard the only risk with Bath and Body Works was getting picked up by gay men.

As far as your question, if in doubt, throw it out!