Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: So, Megan Racing called today....

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC
      05-20-2011 10:10 PM #1
      They want to use my car to build the first prototype coilovers for the CC...trial and error different components, perfect the fitment, and see what combination works best for our car. I will keep this thread updated and let you guys know how it turns out.

I am ecstatic - as many of you know, I cut my front springs (and added spacers on top of having wobble bolts) just to get my car to sit the way I want...still not even close.

With the coilovers, I'll be able to adjust every mm to the t

Will also post pics of whatever I can during the process..my appt is going to be scheduled for mid-June.

Update 6/9/11:

Appt was scheduled and I went in on Mon 6/6..(cancelled a Vegas trip for this)

Went inside and was greeted with some cool peeps, and a showcase of some of the items they carry.

Shortly after, the mechanic arrived and we drove to another location nearby where all the actual shop work takes place..

The prototypes below are based on the Passat coilovers they already make - we were hoping they would bolt on and everything will be fine, which 90% of everything was ok..

(Prototypes are black and red, final product will be black and green and a part of their Euro Street Series)

Everything fit great, with no issues. The brackets for the brake lines lined up just fine.

The only issue we had was with height adjustments in the rear. The lowest we could possibly go left my car sitting higher than my lowering springs. We headed back to the Megan WH and got a spring that was 20mm shorter....This helped a lot but brought my car to about the same height in the rear as my B&G S2's. Please note, you will be able to go much lower with the final revision of this set.

I definitely was able to get my car lower in the front (YES!!!), but still mentioned that it would be nice to be able to go lower than what the coils would allow.

In the end, the guys took down extensive notes on what exactly needs to be changed to perfect the final product. The new prototypes will be ready in a few weeks and I will be going back to what I'm hoping will be the last test fitment and finalized set for enthusiasts to be able to get their hands on.

The ride has changed significantly. In a recent survey I participated in about the CC, one of the main concerns of me and others was the feeling of being 'disconnected' from the car while driving. This is no longer a valid concern - The 32 way adjustable shocks (set in the middle at 16 for now), pre-configured spring rates, and shorter sway bar links have left me feeling like I'm driving a BMW or much sportier car while surprisingly keeping comfort levels tolerable. The simplicity involved with changing the shock stiffness allows you to adjust in minutes. Lift the car a few inches and stick your hand behind the wheel to turn a knob for the rear, and pop the hood and turn the knobs on the top center of the shocks for the front. I am more than satisfied and would recommend these to anyone who wants to really feel more control of the car during daily driving as well as the ability to stiffen things up for the track. I'll be glad to answer any of your questions and also keep everyone posted on when these will become available. And no, I do not work for Megan, this was actually my first encounter with them personally although I have used tons of their parts in the past. They mentioned they may also start making more than just suspension parts for the CC as long as there is a demand for it out there, any input on this would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to your responses

Home sweet home:

Oh btw, during this process I had the most amazing PHO out in city of industry, best I've ever had. I'll get the name for you if anyone wants to try it out

Last edited by nstabl; 06-09-2011 at 04:40 PM.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport
      05-20-2011 10:22 PM #2
      Congratulations! I'll be following your progress closely (maybe I'll learn something!). GL

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-Line
      05-20-2011 10:30 PM #3
      Congrats! Who's Megan? Is she hot?!
      OEM+ : Cup Holder, Turns, Piano Black Trim, Ambient Lighting, Dial Pad, RNS-315, F/R Footwell lighting, Door Warning Lights, Euro Switch, Asypherical Anti-Dazzle Mirrors, PIAA Lighting, 9W7, OEM RVC, Black Grill, Custom Painted Lip Spoiler, extra baggage hook! Performance : ///AWE CC Developmental Car: K04 w/GIAC H.O. File, Catback, DP, C|C|B Intake, TOP, S3 + Hose Kit, H&R Springs, Rotiform MIAS, Conti DWS 235/35/19, Pedal Kit, Boost Gauge!

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-line, 2012 GLI Autobahn
      05-20-2011 10:54 PM #4
      Congrats you lucky sob
      2010 CC R-line. 5% tint, Euro Clear Corners, VAG-COM windows,ST Coilovers, Led interior lights, Apr Stage 1 Carbonio Intake, R8 Coilpacks, Hoen xeon light and fog
      2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn- APR Stage 1 Carbonio Intake, Cree DRL, Hoen lights, ST Coilovers

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-Line, 2010 MB C300, 2002 Audi TTQ 225
      05-20-2011 11:44 PM #5
      cool! I already saw the prototype version for the CC and the finish looks great! and the peps from Megan are really cool

Vehicles
      05-21-2011 12:27 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by JHolmes View Post
      Congrats! Who's Megan? Is she hot?!
      They were a smaller company who's grown bigger. Stared off with replica parts and now appear to design their own. Theywere like raceland but now they've gotten bigger. They do mainly tuner cars
      2010 CC R-line. 5% tint, Euro Clear Corners, VAG-COM windows,ST Coilovers, Led interior lights, Apr Stage 1 Carbonio Intake, R8 Coilpacks, Hoen xeon light and fog
      2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn- APR Stage 1 Carbonio Intake, Cree DRL, Hoen lights, ST Coilovers

Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT
      05-21-2011 11:03 AM #7
      Woot! Fun, fun, fun!
      Daily | Weekend | Project

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC
      05-21-2011 11:16 AM #8

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC
      06-09-2011 03:59 PM #9
      bump for updates

Vehicles
      MK6 JSW
      06-09-2011 04:06 PM #10
      nice. cant wait to see the end result.
      gone: 07 Rabbit, 07 A4, 08 R32, 10 CC, 81 Rabbit

EVAC

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC 2.0T Sport MT
      06-09-2011 05:04 PM #11
      You are lucky for sure. Keep us posted. Thanks for also making me hungry with that delicious bowl of Pho.
      2010 VW CC 2.0T Sport MT, Metallic Black/Black Interior
      Current: Euroswitch, Disabled DRLs, Euro Window Mod, Rear Fogs, Smoked Turns, Monster Mats, LED interior/trunk lighting, LED plate lighting, R-Line style smoked tails (film), 4300K HID kit, 35% tint, PlastiDipped grill frame,H&R Sport Springs. Future:Footwell lighting,APR ECU upgrade, MDI.

Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line Black 6MT
      09-08-2011 06:27 PM #12
      any updates?
      MODS: APR Stage 1 Flash | APR Carbonio Stage 1 CAI | 35% Tint All Around | EuroSwitch | 4,550K Hi/Lo Beams | Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog Bulbs | Blacked Out Front Turns | H&K 24MM RSB | BFI Torque Arm Insert Stage 1
      FUTURE MODS: Rear Fog | Lots of Vag-Com Work (DRL, FOB Windows, Auto Rain Up) | Forge Short Shift Kit | Coil Overs | Stage III or K04

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC
      09-11-2011 10:26 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by instigator31 View Post
      any updates?
      Yeah my dude, check the first post

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      09-11-2011 01:02 PM #14
      interesting and looking good

Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line Black 6MT
      09-11-2011 09:01 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by nstabl View Post
      Yeah my dude, check the first post
      Dah...guess I was sleeping when I wrote that
      MODS: APR Stage 1 Flash | APR Carbonio Stage 1 CAI | 35% Tint All Around | EuroSwitch | 4,550K Hi/Lo Beams | Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog Bulbs | Blacked Out Front Turns | H&K 24MM RSB | BFI Torque Arm Insert Stage 1
      FUTURE MODS: Rear Fog | Lots of Vag-Com Work (DRL, FOB Windows, Auto Rain Up) | Forge Short Shift Kit | Coil Overs | Stage III or K04

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC
      09-11-2011 09:33 PM #16
      So, this is a the first coilover kit designed specifically for the CC?

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC
      09-12-2011 03:21 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by SlavaKM View Post
      So, this is a the first coilover kit designed specifically for the CC?
      By Megan Racing, yes.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line 2.0T, 6MT, Black/Cornsilk, GIAC chipped, Koni SS coilovers, Borla catback, DG shrt sh
      02-29-2012 12:25 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by nstabl View Post
      By Megan Racing, yes.
      I wanna keep this thread alive......

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

TM

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-Line
      02-29-2012 08:02 PM #19
      What's the word on pricing and availability?

Sent from the future using Tapatalk
      OEM+ : Cup Holder, Turns, Piano Black Trim, Ambient Lighting, Dial Pad, RNS-315, F/R Footwell lighting, Door Warning Lights, Euro Switch, Asypherical Anti-Dazzle Mirrors, PIAA Lighting, 9W7, OEM RVC, Black Grill, Custom Painted Lip Spoiler, extra baggage hook! Performance : ///AWE CC Developmental Car: K04 w/GIAC H.O. File, Catback, DP, C|C|B Intake, TOP, S3 + Hose Kit, H&R Springs, Rotiform MIAS, Conti DWS 235/35/19, Pedal Kit, Boost Gauge!

Vehicles
      02-29-2012 08:48 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by JHolmes View Post
      What's the word on pricing and availability?

Sent from the future using Tapatalk
      more so what's the word on why this has taken almost a year o.O

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat CC Sport, 2.0L TSI, DSG
      03-14-2012 01:55 PM #21
      nstabl -- How have these coilovers been long term on the CC? How is the ride harshness? The website shows that you are running 7kg (391lb) fronts / 6kg (335lb) rear springs. Not sure what other springs this would compare to.

Let me know...thanks!

Rob
      Rob Thomas
      2010 Volkswagen Passat CC Sport DSG w-paddle shifters | Reflex Silver Metallic / Black leatherette

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC
      03-14-2012 10:09 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by DomozitoLK View Post
      nstabl -- How have these coilovers been long term on the CC? How is the ride harshness? The website shows that you are running 7kg (391lb) fronts / 6kg (335lb) rear springs. Not sure what other springs this would compare to.

Let me know...thanks!

Rob
      Sorry for not following up with anyone for so long, just been swamped and haven't checked the forums lately. Up til now they've been great, no issues at all (except rubbing). As of now, there are some final adjustments that have been made involving ride height and spring rate/lbs and I am expecting a call from them within the next 2 weeks to try them out. After the fitting the production order will be placed, looks like approx. 2 months but please feel free to call them directly as they know where progress is more accurately than I do.

Ride comfort isn't bad - my friend couldn't believe how comfortable the ride is with the handling I get, how low my car sits, and how low pro my tires are. They come with shorter sway bar links as well. I would recommend these...

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat CC Sport, 2.0L TSI, DSG
      03-15-2012 01:03 AM #23
      So are you going for stiffer spring rates than what you have now?
      Rob Thomas
      2010 Volkswagen Passat CC Sport DSG w-paddle shifters | Reflex Silver Metallic / Black leatherette

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC
      08-30-2012 06:36 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by DomozitoLK View Post
      So are you going for stiffer spring rates than what you have now?
      Yes I told them about the rubbing issue and they are correcting that.