Hey Dooley, it's J
What engine management you using to run the engine when it's all done?
Also I know it a bit small for that cam your running but if you want my k03 when i swap it out this summer it's yours
im starting a build thread for my rabbit, im out of school and have a real job now so its time to re-do the daily
this is how i got it a little under a year ago
then i threw out the unevenly cut springs, bought some racelands, gave it a little "character" and drove it like that for a while
got tired of getting pulled over all the time so i painted the whole thing and put on some bottlecaps
and it worked, surprisingly.
but now its time to fix the rust, shave the bay, paint it for real, new engine, seal it up, and maybe get some better suspension, depending on the my funds at the end of all this
day 1 i stripped out the interior and the wiring
no rust here yay!
day 2 got the fenders off found some rust , pulled the front suspension, cleaned up the wells a little, and would have dropped the motor but i got my hoist back from a friend with no pins to hold the legs on so it going to have to wait till tomorrow
for the color I'm going Wimbledon white, always loved that color. was also thinking about doing some subtle OEM styled accent striping kind of like the ones on the CAT rabbit
im building an ABA for it on the side, little teaser of that
plans for that are high comp pistons, 276 TT cam, high rev springs, dual 40 webbers, TT high flow valves and guides, half a mil over exhaust valves (just cause they were out of stock size) not sure on what trans yet still doing my research for that
thats it for now thanks for reading.
updates as they happen...
Last edited by DEADheadDOOLEY; 05-21-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Looks good, i cant wait to make the jump into body work and real paint.
83 Rabbit TD-CAT themed diesel http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...+themed+rabbit
04 Jetta sport TDI-Daily
02 Jetta 1.8t-Wifes
well i had a little time tonight after work so i decided to drop the rear beam, and pull out the exhaust, while i was under there i also drained the gas tank, i had a little more in there than i thought haha
the exhaust was something i wanted to re do since i got the car but never got around to it.
as you can see it was Frankenstein'd and not very well either...
i will end up building my own later down the line probably use the same muffler (but new) cause i like the sound. i believe its a flowmaster 40 series.
that is all.
took an hour or two to do some work,
dropped the gas tank
looks pretty good underneath
OEM snail still in tact...
started "poking around" and found some cancer, nothing more than i expected but it always sucks to find it...
pulled off the bumper and tails
and thats it, hopefully get some time in this weekend to do some more cleaning
thanks for reading!
Last edited by DEADheadDOOLEY; 05-26-2011 at 12:45 AM.
pulled the doors off, took out the windows last night
all of them came out with no issues.
pretty awesome, all the windows are non trim except one.
found some rust under the windshield. a decent amount but less than i thought.
this scares me a bit, a ton of bondo next to the wiper base and the fiberglass at the sealing point
Still have to get at it with a grinder to see the real damage
the rears looked pretty good as well
pulling the motor today and going to clean it all up get it ready for body work.
thanks for reading
Finally got some more work done.
Got the motor and trans pulled
My dirty bay that needs a good shave
After a quick rinse down with the pressure washer
i also picked up some wire wheels so i went to town on the suspected bad areas and was greeted with a holy front section
ordered some new sheet metal for the corners in the front, and a new front and rear apron.
I'm probably going to have to go junkyard hunting for a new center windshield section.
then tonight i decided to start shaving
got this out in all of about 10 minuets
then i busted out the welder and finished the back side of my notch that i never did because i could get to it
then i figured hey why its out...
I also straightened out my rad support a little and filled some holes.
[Insert straight picture here]
some of the filled holes
p.s. welding spoons are the shiz.
thanks for reading and more as it comes
finally a little progress, got lots of parts ordered though
started shaving a little
cut off front messed up valance
getting it ready to put in
got bored late one night so i started polishing my stacks
all four after first polish
thanks for reading!
Looks like a good start I want to see more
My caddy build
Haven't updated this in a while,
First off after a long search i finally found a carb manifold for the 8v, really stoked on that
Got a harness and a new alt set up,
A bunch of other parts too, just littering my room.
Did wheel bearings, cleaned up the coil-overs and put the breaks on
Cleaned and painted rear beam, drums, and C-arms
Had Cole (bajacole) disassemble the doors
Took a trip to industrial metal supply, picked up some 3/16 steel
Still have to do the drain plug
Took off the undercoating out of the inner fenders to prep for a patch
Found a bad spot and fixed it,
Accidentally pulled up the passenger sound deadening in one piece found this underneath...
Cleaned it up and found out its not as bad as it looks, still bad enough for me to get a pan though, even just to cut a patch out of.
Decided to take up the rest of it just to make sure this was the worst of it. Got the drivers side off and its looking promising. Don't want to get my hopes up though...
Thanks for reading