Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1673

    Thread: Trolling Vortex.....Who's With me!

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2010
      Location
      YoCo, PA
      Posts
      2,762
      Vehicles
      04 T5M, 06 3.6, 08 600RR
      09-12-2011 12:58 PM #1151
      I never tuned my mkv. I'm glad I didn't, I would have been in the same boat, no tires and no clutch.

      Now, I just have no car lol

    2. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-12-2011 01:02 PM #1152
      Quote Originally Posted by Jakester9500 View Post
      I never tuned my mkv. I'm glad I didn't, I would have been in the same boat, no tires and no clutch.

      Now, I just have no car lol
      Your Gli sold?

      Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2010
      Location
      YoCo, PA
      Posts
      2,762
      Vehicles
      04 T5M, 06 3.6, 08 600RR
      09-12-2011 01:21 PM #1153
      Quote Originally Posted by onevrsix View Post
      Your Gli sold?

      Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk
      yup. it was all pretty fast. From when I decided I was actually going to sell it, to it being out of my name, less than two weeks. I even had a lien on it.

      It went so fast, I didn't do much research for new cars, now I don't know what I want.

    4. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-12-2011 04:06 PM #1154
      Quote Originally Posted by onevrsix View Post
      In hindsight, I would have been better off without the tune. My five month old tires are almost shot, traction in first and second and sometimes third is non existant. Bout to dump serious chedder on a clutch kit ; don't get me wrong the feeling of the power is great but all it did was oppen up a gremlen passage way that lead straight to my car

      Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk
      Make sure you get a good aftermarket clutch that can handle the tune. Get yourself a nice FX series clutch from Clutch Masters. It's going to cost you but you'll never fry it. I guess they don't make them like they use to. I've been throwing my APR tune and 18+ psi at my stock clutch for a long time now with no issues. It still holds like a boss.

      I opened up a Paypal claim for that FPR that I never received. Screw him I want my 15 bucks back. That can buy me a case of cheap beer.
      Last edited by travis_gli; 09-12-2011 at 04:11 PM.

    5. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-12-2011 04:48 PM #1155
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      Make sure you get a good aftermarket clutch that can handle the tune. Get yourself a nice FX series clutch from Clutch Masters. It's going to cost you but you'll never fry it. I guess they don't make them like they use to. I've been throwing my APR tune and 18+ psi at my stock clutch for a long time now with no issues. It still holds like a boss.

      I opened up a Paypal claim for that FPR that I never received. Screw him I want my 15 bucks back. That can buy me a case of cheap beer.
      yeah, the problem with 2.0t tunes is they turn into Tq animals! Uni dyno'd the motor outside the car to make 325 ft/lbs on stage 2 93octane...which is what I have.
      factory clutch is rated at 300ft/lbs max. guess I should be lucky I got 5,500miles out of it. I'm going to go southbend stage II, good for 400ft/lbs, so even if on day I go K04, I'll be covered.
      Even with my sh!ty clutch I destroyed my friends BMW 330i i'll put the video up when I get a chance

    6. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-13-2011 09:54 AM #1156
      Quote Originally Posted by onevrsix View Post
      yeah, the problem with 2.0t tunes is they turn into Tq animals! Uni dyno'd the motor outside the car to make 325 ft/lbs on stage 2 93octane...which is what I have.
      factory clutch is rated at 300ft/lbs max. guess I should be lucky I got 5,500miles out of it. I'm going to go southbend stage II, good for 400ft/lbs, so even if on day I go K04, I'll be covered.
      Even with my sh!ty clutch I destroyed my friends BMW 330i i'll put the video up when I get a chance
      I never looked at the prices of the southbends but you may be able to pickup a clutch masters for cheaper. Also btw if you smoked your clutch you may be wanting to look into a new flywheel or having yours resurfaced.

    7. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      81,429
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI
      09-13-2011 10:55 AM #1157

    8. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-13-2011 11:33 AM #1158
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      I never looked at the prices of the southbends but you may be able to pickup a clutch masters for cheaper. Also btw if you smoked your clutch you may be wanting to look into a new flywheel or having yours resurfaced.
      Yeah, southbend has a new stage two kit they're going to be releasing this month. Good for 400ft/lbs comes with modified pressure plate, clutch disk, throw out bearing, and single mass flywheel; all for the low low price of $1k serious set back, I jsut got my coils in yesterday and I'm thinking about turning around and selling them off. but I also just got wind that i'll be receiving a raise at work and they're going to retro pay me from april, (when my review was originally up, I just didn't have time to complete it until recent) So I'll have a nice little bump in this check for that and I'll have another bump in my next check from bringing my buddy on board with the company three months ago. Refer someone and get a total of $1k skinnies. $500 @ the start, and $500 after three months. so I'll just put it all aside and I should have the clutch paid for by the end of this month. Now to decide whether or not I want to install it myself or have my friend do it. I can't imagine it Being too hard, disconnect trans mount, disconnect axles, disconnect trans/engine bolts remove trans, swap, and reverse.... always sounds easier on paper.

    9. Member MKIII_96's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2006
      Location
      Herndon, PA
      Posts
      1,489
      Vehicles
      MK4 GTI 1.8t project and B3 vr passat wagon
      09-13-2011 12:43 PM #1159
      you might be able to get away with a clutch disk. my 1.8t was makin atleast 350hp and probably close to 350tq and all it had was a vr plate and an ACT 6 puck disk. never slipped for me, but idk how that will work for a 2.0t... but when i get a new clutch ill be getting a clutch masters or clutch net idk yet

    10. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-13-2011 12:47 PM #1160
      Quote Originally Posted by onevrsix View Post
      Yeah, southbend has a new stage two kit they're going to be releasing this month. Good for 400ft/lbs comes with modified pressure plate, clutch disk, throw out bearing, and single mass flywheel; all for the low low price of $1k serious set back, I jsut got my coils in yesterday and I'm thinking about turning around and selling them off. but I also just got wind that i'll be receiving a raise at work and they're going to retro pay me from april, (when my review was originally up, I just didn't have time to complete it until recent) So I'll have a nice little bump in this check for that and I'll have another bump in my next check from bringing my buddy on board with the company three months ago. Refer someone and get a total of $1k skinnies. $500 @ the start, and $500 after three months. so I'll just put it all aside and I should have the clutch paid for by the end of this month. Now to decide whether or not I want to install it myself or have my friend do it. I can't imagine it Being too hard, disconnect trans mount, disconnect axles, disconnect trans/engine bolts remove trans, swap, and reverse.... always sounds easier on paper.
      $1k isn't a bad price for all of that. I wouldn't suggest a highly lightened flywheel or anything I know they gave some major rattling issues on the 02M trans.

    11. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-13-2011 02:56 PM #1161
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      $1k isn't a bad price for all of that. I wouldn't suggest a highly lightened flywheel or anything I know they gave some major rattling issues on the 02M trans.
      yeah I had a single mass in my VR and the chatter while annoying wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. this will be a single mass, and from what I'm being told the southbend stage two (new design is chatter free while using a lightened flywheel. This is the kit I'm hoping to pick up.

    12. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-13-2011 03:06 PM #1162
      Quote Originally Posted by onevrsix View Post
      yeah I had a single mass in my VR and the chatter while annoying wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. this will be a single mass, and from what I'm being told the southbend stage two (new design is chatter free while using a lightened flywheel. This is the kit I'm hoping to pick up.
      I'd make sure what you were told is true first. Do some research. I wouldn't be able to stand the chatter. I have enough rattling and vibrating going on throughout my car from all my hardened mounts, exhaust, etc. I don't think I could deal with more.

    13. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-13-2011 03:23 PM #1163
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      I'd make sure what you were told is true first. Do some research. I wouldn't be able to stand the chatter. I have enough rattling and vibrating going on throughout my car from all my hardened mounts, exhaust, etc. I don't think I could deal with more.
      Yeah I spoke with a guy who is testing one of the prototypes. he called me up and said that the kit is great. southbend hasn't yet released it but i'm going to call John @ soutbend to verify tomorrow.

    14. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-14-2011 09:31 AM #1164
      Hey Brent, thanks for the offer to help but the distance between us makes it tough, and I think I'm going to attempt it @ my friends garage. based off this DIY, this should be a cake walk but as we all know it normally never is. I've also got a buddy who has all the tools at his garage (air ratchets and all) so I think I'm heading to the city for this one. based off this DIY it should only take a few hours.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6#post73532476

    15. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-14-2011 03:22 PM #1165
      Looks like I'm going to win my Paypal dispute against this guy to get my $15 back. Just shows you that post count here on Vortex doesn't mean everything. He kept giving me promises that he would send me an FPR, refund my money, etc etc and never came through. Paypal emailed him probably close to 10 times about the claim and he never responded.

    16. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-14-2011 04:14 PM #1166
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      Looks like I'm going to win my Paypal dispute against this guy to get my $15 back. Just shows you that post count here on Vortex doesn't mean everything. He kept giving me promises that he would send me an FPR, refund my money, etc etc and never came through. Paypal emailed him probably close to 10 times about the claim and he never responded.
      Could be dead. :shouldershrug:

      Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

    17. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-14-2011 04:45 PM #1167
      Quote Originally Posted by onevrsix View Post
      Could be dead. :shouldershrug:

      Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk
      Still want my $15 back Does that make me a bad person?

    18. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-14-2011 06:59 PM #1168
      Ah yes, it's an everclear kind of night.

    19. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-14-2011 08:37 PM #1169
      Quote Originally Posted by travis_gli View Post
      Ah yes, it's an everclear kind of night.

    20. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-15-2011 01:28 PM #1170

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2010
      Location
      YoCo, PA
      Posts
      2,762
      Vehicles
      04 T5M, 06 3.6, 08 600RR
      09-15-2011 01:31 PM #1171
      haha, that one made me laugh

    22. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-15-2011 03:16 PM #1172
      I'm confused... why is this so cheap. Especially when you can flash it yourself....

      http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/v...loadermk4.html

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2010
      Location
      YoCo, PA
      Posts
      2,762
      Vehicles
      04 T5M, 06 3.6, 08 600RR
      09-15-2011 03:57 PM #1173
      45 dollars for a chip? Is that right?

    24. Member travis_gli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Colonial Park, PA
      Posts
      3,050
      Vehicles
      '05 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-15-2011 04:10 PM #1174
      Quote Originally Posted by Jakester9500 View Post
      45 dollars for a chip? Is that right?
      I dunno man I was scratching my head when I seen it. If so I'm ditching the APR tune and getting GIAC. I wanted GIAC originally.

      EDIT: Wait wait... i figured it out.

      2001 - 2005 ALL FWD ALL 1.8T Pump Gas Performance Program

      Regular Price: $450.00

      Special Price: $405.00


      You have to get that first guaranteed.
      Last edited by travis_gli; 09-15-2011 at 04:13 PM.

    25. Member onevrsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2010
      Location
      Philly Area
      Posts
      3,082
      Vehicles
      2013 CC, 2008 yzf-R1, 01 yzf-600r
      09-15-2011 04:13 PM #1175
      ha thats the sale on the extra programs.

    Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •