Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: :| INA - 1.8T to 2.0T Coil Pack Adapters (TECH & FAQ) - INTRO PRICING |:

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-03-2011 08:05 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by herb2k View Post
      When will the v1.3's ship?
      Middle / End of next week.

120 pieces out the door today. Thanks again for the support everyone
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-07-2011 12:19 PM #107
      To date 520 pieces have left the CNC's and into boxes out to customers.
      Thanks for the support everyone
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-08-2011 03:25 PM #108
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      2005 gti, 2010 gti (RIP)
      06-08-2011 04:13 PM #109
      thats approx 138 sets right lots of blinging alu hopefully bigblue and my sets come in by the end of the week so i can do a writeup on them.

Vehicles
      2012 Audobahn GTI
      06-08-2011 06:04 PM #110
      I received my 1.2 in black today.

The whole in the middle isnt wide enough and couldn't get the mk6 coils to seat properly.

I cut some of the rubber ribs around the coil packs and was finally able to get them to sit flush.

they look pretty good. i will snap a picture when i get home.

Vehicles
      Mitsubishi Pajero DI-D, Seat Leon Cupra R, Camaro Z28, Beretta GT, Volvo 240
      06-09-2011 09:28 AM #111
      I got mine today. Got the black ones, not the ones I ordered but still nice. At least they are the correct version.
      Leon Cupra R AWD 2008cc E85, PPT5935R 0.82ar, IE rods, Mahle 83mm 9.5:1CR, Catcam 3651, Ferrea valves, Supertech valvetrain, Calico Bearings, Fluidampr, ARP everything, PPT's ss EX mani, SEM bigport 80mm TB, Walbro E85 450LPH, Bosch Racing 1600cc, Eurodyne, PPT's 550 FMIC, Setrab 13row oil cooler, 42DD catch can, 100cell cat, Hallmans MBC, Forge Supersize DV, FX400, Peloquin F/R, CRC Haldex Controller

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      06-09-2011 10:25 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by checkdalevel View Post

The whole in the middle isnt wide enough and couldn't get the mk6 coils to seat properly.

I cut some of the rubber ribs around the coil packs and was finally able to get them to sit flush.

If you could please take some pictures and send us an email.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email SALES | Facebook Connect
      Performance through Design.....

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      06-09-2011 10:26 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by Gulfstream View Post
      I got mine today. Got the black ones, not the ones I ordered but still nice. At least they are the correct version.
      Please send us an email.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email SALES | Facebook Connect
      Performance through Design.....

Vehicles
      06-09-2011 10:29 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Sales@INA View Post
      Please send us an email.
      Its not life or death to me. Ill keep them if you are ok with that.
      Leon Cupra R AWD 2008cc E85, PPT5935R 0.82ar, IE rods, Mahle 83mm 9.5:1CR, Catcam 3651, Ferrea valves, Supertech valvetrain, Calico Bearings, Fluidampr, ARP everything, PPT's ss EX mani, SEM bigport 80mm TB, Walbro E85 450LPH, Bosch Racing 1600cc, Eurodyne, PPT's 550 FMIC, Setrab 13row oil cooler, 42DD catch can, 100cell cat, Hallmans MBC, Forge Supersize DV, FX400, Peloquin F/R, CRC Haldex Controller

10. 06-09-2011 11:53 AM #115
      yea 05GTIMarine should get a set for free....with coilpacks included

Vehicles
      2005 gti, 2010 gti (RIP)
      06-09-2011 12:07 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by mescaline View Post
      yea 05GTIMarine should get a set for free....with coilpacks included
      i dont need coilpacks and my plates are on there way i hope just would like to know the tracking number

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-09-2011 12:08 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by 05GTIMarine View Post
      be glad you recieved yours man. i was the first one on the list and have not even recieved mine or my buddies.
      Edward,
      I posted a message to Joshua this morning. Send me an email right now if you can

Can you take some images for me please? These are 06H MKVI TSI coils :

Supply the part # of your coil if you can allthough they should all be the same diameter.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

13. 06-09-2011 04:40 PM #118
      just would like to know the tracking number

Guy in sweden getting his before some one that is within 5 hours drive from INA is a little crazy

14. 06-09-2011 04:42 PM #119

I fitted mine today too and found it very difficult to get the coilpacks in as well, VERY tight fit.

Vehicles
      2001 GTI 1.8T, 2006 Jetta 2.5L
      06-09-2011 05:00 PM #120
      So have the v1.3's shipped yet?

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-09-2011 05:47 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by herb2k View Post
      So have the v1.3's shipped yet?
      V1.3's wont start shipping until they return from anodizing.
      Quote Originally Posted by AmIdYfReAk View Post

Guy in sweden getting his before some one that is within 5 hours drive from INA is a little crazy
      In all fairness his was shipped DHL express

Quote Originally Posted by RobSonic View Post
      I fitted mine today too and found it very difficult to get the coilpacks in as well, VERY tight fit.
      Rob,
      Are you satisfied with the fitment or would you like to return it? What is the part # of the coils you have? 07K or 06H?
      The 06E's and 06H units we have trial fitted here and they were pretty much spot on.We didnt want them to be too loose of fitment. So far everyone has been satisfied with the components so if you wish what I can do is on the next batch open up the coil pack bore by a couple thou in order to remove that "super tight" fitment.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      2005 gti, 2010 gti (RIP)
      06-09-2011 05:52 PM #122

the guy in sweden had his shipped next day. i dont feel like paying 100 bucks shipping. i can wait.

shipping has nothing to do with INA as they only hand it to the courier. after that its all up to the fat asses that drive the trucks. i knew ppl that transported boxes, hell i used to work in the shipping department at a very large curtain company and lemme tell you this. truck drivers only get paid so much to drive so slow. anywho hopefully itll be here tonight or tomorow. im not too worried as both bigblue and my cars are down for the count atm. i still will do an unveiling and install photo shoot.

as for the fitment it is meant to be super tight tolerances so that they do not move.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: ( what i will be doing when i get mine)

thoroughly inspect plates and all hardware for damage.

PRE Installation ( im anal about everything being clean)
      1. ensure that you have the proper gapped plugs
      2 clean the chambers in which the coil packs sit. a rag with some cleaner should do the trick.
      3. test fit plate to ensure that all hardware and holes line up
      4. remove plate and clean that as well.

Installation:

1. take a small dab of diluted dish soap and very gingerly aply a thin coat to the rubber on the coilpack
      2a. install the plate on the coilpack. (this will make it easier to install as you wont have to mess with the alignment of the bottom to the spark plug)
      2b. visually check to ensure that the plate is going the right direction.
      3. slide coil pack with plate assy now attached into place. ( you might have to work it a little as the fitment of the coil pack rubber on the spark plug is really snug)
      4. coat fasteners with a very small amount of never sieze. ( it should be applied as a small dot. on only a couple of the first threads, it will be plenty to coat as bolt is screwed down.
      5. install fasteners until snug. after both are snug tighten them down evenly.

WARNING: If you dont pay attention you may strip the hole to the valvecover as the hardware is steel and the cover is aluminum.

6. rinse wash repeat for the last three plates.
      7. hook up your harness to the coilpacks
      8. ensure all tools are out of your engine bay i.e rain tray, valve cover and other various makeshift tool holders.
      9. you can now start your car and enjoy your new coilpacks.

ALERT:

If you already have a set of the spacers. please do a install write up and include pictures.
      Last edited by 05GTIMarine; 06-09-2011 at 06:09 PM.

18. 06-09-2011 05:59 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
      In all fairness his was shipped DHL express
      I figured as such, That or the local DHL driver hates me, a lot.

And i don't even know the guy!

Though, seriously, Is there any tracking numbers?

the guy in sweden had his shipped next day. i dont feel like paying 100 bucks shipping. i can wait.

shipping has nothing to do with INA as they only hand it to the courier. after that its all up to the fat asses that drive the trucks. i knew ppl that transported boxes, hell i used to work in the shipping department at a very large curtain company and lemme tell you this. truck drivers only get paid so much to drive so slow. anywho hopefully itll be here tonight or tomorow. im not too worried as both bigblue and my cars are down for the count atm. i still will do an unveiling and install photo shoot.
      I wasn't trying to open up a can of worms, I was just playing around.

I didn't know talking about shipping would cause such a personal vendetta for delivery drivers.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-09-2011 06:00 PM #124

Branden
      check your email.
      You should be getting a set tomorrow morning according to the tracking #. Ill attach it to the invoice and send it over
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

20. 06-09-2011 06:03 PM #125
      Awesome, Thanks!

Vehicles
      2005 gti, 2010 gti (RIP)
      06-09-2011 06:39 PM #126

I wasn't trying to open up a can of worms, I was just playing around.

I didn't know talking about shipping would cause such a personal vendetta for delivery drivers.
      your fine man lol. josh and i have had bad experiences with lazy deliverymen. they are so lazy they refused to walk upstairs and knock on our apartment door. so they then bring said package back and say it needed to be signed. so the part josh needed next day he got 4 days later.

Vehicles
      2012 Audobahn GTI
      06-09-2011 09:13 PM #127

miiiiine

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI , 2007 GLI
      06-09-2011 10:24 PM #128
      Why would you not want it to be a tight fit???? I didn't even need to use my ECS holders

Vehicles
      2004 hunk' o metal
      06-09-2011 10:52 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboJOSH View Post
      Why would you not want it to be a tight fit???? I didn't even need to use my ECS holders
      There is a difference between a snug fit and "very hard to fit".

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI , 2007 GLI
      06-09-2011 11:40 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by erevlydeux View Post
      There is a difference between a snug fit and "very hard to fit".
      Mine was very snug. A few of us locally got these and just laughed over the comments some people make.

Vehicles
      2004 hunk' o metal
      06-09-2011 11:49 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboJOSH View Post
      Mine was very snug. A few of us locally got these and just laughed over the comments some people make.
      Laughed at the comments they're making? One dude had to literally trim his coils. The fit is obviously very snug for some people... I don't think they're lying or anything.

What I personally laughed at is how many comments have been silently deleted that mentioned any fitment issues. I guess it's no surprise given that the product is at it's 3rd revision without even having been around for more than 2 weeks.... but people seem to be doing OK with them and like them so more power to 'em.

27. 06-09-2011 11:58 PM #132
      if you think its tight, Spray some glass cleaner on it, it will slide in, and the cleaner will evap giving you an awesome seal.

Vehicles
      2005 gti, 2010 gti (RIP)
      06-10-2011 12:38 AM #133
      Laughed at the comments they're making? One dude had to literally trim his coils. The fit is obviously very snug for some people... I don't think they're lying or anything.

What I personally laughed at is how many comments have been silently deleted that mentioned any fitment issues. I guess it's no surprise given that the product is at it's 3rd revision without even having been around for more than 2 weeks.... but people seem to be doing OK with them and like them so more power to 'em.
      dude seriously your so full of fail. GTFO of this thread if you do not plan on buying these your product bashing comments mean nothing when you have never even had the product in your hand. you are not the peoples voice and we dont give a rats ass what you think. go make some sand castles and nit pick the degree of engineering it took to make them.

Anyways to get back on track. mine should be in tomorrow. i will do a full writeup on how they fit with pictures included. so far i have only seen 3-4 pics of them. hopefully we will see more.

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      06-10-2011 01:19 AM #134

The comments are still there:
      The product is not on its 3RD revision. Where did you see anyone from INA post that? We have spoken via private message before and you blamed your comments on having a bad day. What is the excuse today? We made 3 VERSIONS not 3 REVISIONS in other words plates were made to cater to EVERYONES needs. That speaks volumes in itself....I have personally installed probably 15 kits locally alone. It is not like people are installing the coils and finding out "oh **** it dont fit" . All they are saying is that it is tight which it is supposed to be! The inner diameter of coil pack bore is the EXACT same ID as that of a 2.0 FSI T valve cover.
      With the V1.2's you want a somewhat weather tight seal and not have your coil packs pop out (which is what people want).
      Please if you or anyone else have nothing positive to say then simply do not say it.
      Thanks

30. Banned
      Vehicles
      '03 1.8T Jetta
      06-10-2011 01:36 AM #135
      these MK6 coils are a bitch to get into an AGN cover as well....

but; if it dont fit, use spit.

they do go in... mine went in with a twist and some lube.

Vehicles
      2004 hunk' o metal
      06-10-2011 01:49 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by Issam Abed View Post
      The product is not on its 3RD revision. Where did you see anyone from INA post that? We have spoken via private message before and you blamed your comments on having a bad day. What is the excuse today? We made 3 VERSIONS not 3 REVISIONS in other words plates were made to cater to EVERYONES needs. That speaks volumes in itself....I have personally installed probably 15 kits locally alone. It is not like people are installing the coils and finding out "oh **** it dont fit" . All they are saying is that it is tight which it is supposed to be! The inner diameter of coil pack bore is the EXACT same ID as that of a 2.0 FSI T valve cover.
      With the V1.2's you want a somewhat weather tight seal and not have your coil packs pop out (which is what people want).
      Please if you or anyone else have nothing positive to say then simply do not say it.
      Thanks
      I saw two comments today that have now vanished regarding fitment and people making comments about it. I find it a little that you're willing to vehemently defend in any and every thread regarding your product(s) or service but aren't open to letting people leave their comments... they weren't really offensive and if you couldn't handle what they said I don't see how you've been in business so long.

The "version 3" adapter basically looks like a 2nd revision... so... sorry, 2nd revision, not 3rd. Your "3rd design" now has all these mad nice edge fillets and what not and your first two do not really look anything like 'em. It seems like you copped out with a simple design on the first run to try and beat IE/anyone else to market. This is also not mentioning the fact that your first design was literally a direct clone of what 05GTIMarine had originally posted.... a fry cry from "you asked, we listened" - you basically took all the existing info there was and made the plates. MarineDickRider was crying about IE when pete said they were gonna make them and then homeboy flipped his tone and was all on your dick when you decided to make ones that looked like his idea and now these adapters are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This whole attitude that you portray about being so innovative and bringing all this "awesome" stuff to the masses at such "affordable" prices (despite the fact this could have been done for $55 shipped out the door with a 30+% profit margin and all the SS hardware and anodizing...) is annoying as ****.

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      06-10-2011 02:08 AM #137
      I saw two comments today that have now vanished regarding fitment and people making comments about it. I find it a little that you're willing to vehemently defend in any and every thread regarding your product(s) or service but aren't open to letting people leave their comments... they weren't really offensive and if you couldn't handle what they said I don't see how you've been in business so long.
      Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me , any comment that was made is still visible
      The "version 3" adapter basically looks like a 2nd revision... so... sorry, 2nd revision, not 3rd. Your "3rd design" now has all these mad nice edge fillets and what not and your first two do not really look anything like 'em.
      All of our parts have fillets on them and are deburred / tumbled before they go for anodizing. This is standard practice for machined parts. I said this 4 times allready to you (and this is the 5th). The screen shot I put up in the coil pack thread was for ILLUSTRATION purposes .Nothing more and nothing less , however, in the future I will make sure any screen shot I put up meets your standards.

The problem with V1.1 and V1.2 is that they wont work on AEB/AJL/ADR/AYP/etc valve covers without leaving a wide open gap. We were asked if we could make a specific square one (modifying an old AEB design I did years ago) and we did hence a different VERSION not a Revision....
      Not sure what part of this you do not comprehend. We have 3 Versions that cater to every possible combination you can imagine which is what the community wants.

You want 2.0T Coils & you want to run ECS coil pack holders - we got that
      You want 2.0T Coils & you want it to be flush with your valve cover - we got that
      You want 2.0T Coils but you have an AEB engine with a 3-PIN Coil pack and you want to convert to a 4-PIN coil pack - we got that ....

That gives 3 options to anyone looking to run 2.0T Coil Packs.I fail to see where we have gone wrong here so please show me.

33. 06-10-2011 05:06 AM #138
      When I said difficult to fit I meant I had to climb up onto the slam panel and put my entire bodyweight onto the coil pack to get it to go in and stay down (WITH using a little lubricant on the rubber). Standing beside or in front of the engine bay trying to push them down didn't work. As said there is a big difference between a snug fit and almost impossible to fit.

Even now the coilpack on No.3 sits slightly higher than the rest and won't go down any further.
      Last edited by RobSonic; 06-10-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Vehicles
      2004 hunk' o metal
      06-10-2011 07:46 AM #139
      When I said difficult to fit I meant I had to climb up onto the slam panel and put my entire bodyweight onto the coil pack to get it to go in and stay down (WITH using a little lubricant on the rubber). Standing beside or in front of the engine bay trying to push them down didn't work. As said there is a big difference between a snug fit and almost impossible to fit.

Even now the coilpack on No.3 sits slightly higher than the rest and won't go down any further.

Vehicles
      06-10-2011 08:17 AM #140

what partnumber coilpack did you get?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast