Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Jb's Offical Jetta6 HID/LED Bulb Guide

1. 03-16-2012 10:41 AM #551
      Quote Originally Posted by Fussgus View Post
      http://www.exledusa.com/index.php?di...oduct_id=29806

I bought this. Babies piss and moan about the price but I love it.
      Those look unreal! I love the dimmer dial, nice touch. Only a couple question...have you had any errors come up at all? The last thing i want to do is short something out and not have it under warrenty and have to pay. Like posted before

Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn
      03-16-2012 02:51 PM #552
      Quote Originally Posted by Drew_P_Wiener View Post
      Just got a 2012 GLI and i am hating the original interior lights so iam looking to replace them with the white LED's. I'm just wondering if these numbers will work with my GLI.

Reading lamps/Glove box: 194 (X3)
      Vanity lights/Rear seats: 39mm (x4)
      Trunk Light: 44mm (x1)

I've been trying to find a kit online to order, but none come with the right bulbs it seems. Maybe if someone could correct me if im looking for the wrong bulbs or help me with a link that would be much appreciated.
      Do you keep the light switches on in the middle position so they turn on and off when you unlock and lock the car? If so do your back seat lights stay dimmed after they turn off and you start driving or w.e? Is that consider a leak? I think its kinda cool cuz they're like accent lights but I just want to make sure its not bad or messing anything up lol. Depening on what position the switches are on the back seat lights will stay dim or the front map lights will. They will stay completly off if you keep both switches in the off position but I like to keep em in the middle position so they turn on and off when I lock and unlock the car.
      Quote Originally Posted by tankisarockstar View Post
      ok sweet dude keep us all informed
      So ya no leak I guess, bulbs are from DDM clearance section only 4bux but like I said before the bulb has a loose connection on one of the top LEDs so they arent working properly and the top 3 LEDs dont light up with the rest of them.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI
      03-17-2012 12:42 AM #553
      [QUOTE=Drew_P_Wiener;76432876]Those look unreal! I love the dimmer dial, nice touch. Only a couple question...have you had any errors come up at all? The last thing i want to do is short something out and not have it under warrenty and have to pay. Like posted before

4. 03-17-2012 01:26 AM #554
      So for the jetta S ( no sunroof console) is the front map light a 39mm festoon as well? I heard some people ordered ones that were too big to fit in there. Anyone got a good link for blue ones for the front and rear dome lights

Vehicles
      12GLi2.0Tautobahn(CW) ~yaya shnelya das iz fantastizh~
      03-17-2012 09:34 AM #555
      Quote Originally Posted by ctheodores View Post
      So for the jetta S ( no sunroof console) is the front map light a 39mm festoon as well? I heard some people ordered ones that were too big to fit in there. Anyone got a good link for blue ones for the front and rear dome lights
      YAP 39 IS lil too big, but 1mm dont do big difference. i fitted blue ones in my rear dome
      VDuB !N I)@ H@u$
      AT

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      03-17-2012 09:36 AM #556
      Man this board I got is the ****!

I'll post the night shot tonight. OMG it's like "BLAM Drightness!"

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      03-17-2012 09:40 AM #557
      Quote Originally Posted by junky View Post
      Has anyone successfully able to have both the DRL and signal light on at the same time?
      yeah some guy in europe wired his up like that the post is around here somewhere.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      03-17-2012 09:46 AM #558
      Quote Originally Posted by korball33 View Post
      clean set up. can u post a link of where you got your euro switch at.
      It will be perfect and less than half the cost (chrome might be shinier than stock but who is really going to notice http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAD-LIGHT-S...ht_2302wt_1037

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      03-17-2012 11:25 AM #559
      So I was browsing the ETKA and came across this...

3AF943021A which is listed as LED License Plate lights comes with 1 for $60.50 (list) and says mating connector is 4B0971832 which are $7.50 (list) each.

However I do not know it these will throw a code or have any other problems. The suposedly look like this...

"They are not massively bright like the aftermarket ones with the 18 LEDs, more like the modified stock BMW ones that people use as well", "...are properly E-marked and legal."

Sources:
      http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/411061/2812824.aspx
      http://www.vw-audi-shop.com/epages/6...cts/3AF943021A
      Last edited by Verebs1; 07-18-2012 at 09:30 PM.

10. 03-17-2012 03:27 PM #560
      Quote Originally Posted by AndriyNYW View Post
      YAP 39 IS lil too big, but 1mm dont do big difference. i fitted blue ones in my rear dome

should I try for some 38MM?

also I do not have the sunroof console. The front bulbs are 38MM just like the back?
      Last edited by ctheodores; 03-17-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Vehicles
      12GLi2.0Tautobahn(CW) ~yaya shnelya das iz fantastizh~
      03-17-2012 10:28 PM #561
      Quote Originally Posted by ctheodores View Post
      should I try for some 38MM?

also I do not have the sunroof console. The front bulbs are 38MM just like the back?
      yea front and back are 38mm and i fitted 39mm here is a pic

and these are the bulbs
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/39MM-ERROR-F...item35b435374e
      VDuB !N I)@ H@u$
      AT

12. 03-18-2012 02:23 PM #562
      I like the exLEDs!

Couldn't decided yet because I wanna get the BEST LEDs...
      was looking for the red interior light and liked this a lot.

I used to have a red LED interior for my corolla but they were not bright like this....
      What do you think?

Should I get this???

this video is not for the VW but take a look at the red color in there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48uvG...rWEYiecQusd1Y=

Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn
      03-19-2012 11:02 AM #563
      The front interior lights are 194. The lights under the visors are 39mm festoons. The first page of this thread shows everything!

14. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MY12 Jetta 147TSI
      03-20-2012 06:28 AM #564
      How do you get the bulbs out of the dome?!?!

Do I need to remove the metallic/dome panel?? How do you do that?

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      03-20-2012 08:22 AM #565
      Quote Originally Posted by frozze View Post
      How do you get the bulbs out of the dome?!?!

Do I need to remove the metallic/dome panel?? How do you do that?

If all you want to do is remove the bulbs then firmly grasp the bulb and pull the bulb at the angle it is. Otherwise if you just pull you will break the bulb off. If you want to remove the whole silver panel then use my DIY lol -->Here Also if you are slightly crafty you may be interested in doing what I did... (very fancy)
      Shown without the lens.

With the lens (that's a slightly modified MK5 light in a MK6 Sunglasses Holder Overhead Console)

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MY12 Jetta 147TSI
      03-20-2012 08:28 AM #566
      Yes, I just want to remove the bulbs! Can I just pull it out straight or is it a twist and pull thing?
      I tried pulling straight out, carefully, but it wouldn't budge!

I saw your thread and it's probably a bit too "DIY-intensive" for me! (

How did you remove the metallic bit? Can it be removed without pulling everything else apart??

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      03-20-2012 08:34 AM #567
      Quote Originally Posted by frozze View Post
      Yes, I just want to remove the bulbs! Can I just pull it out straight or is it a twist and pull thing?
      I tried pulling straight out, carefully, but it wouldn't budge!

I saw your thread and it's probably a bit too "DIY-intensive" for me! (

How did you remove the metallic bit? Can it be removed without pulling everything else apart??
      Just pull the bulbs out they are wedge base. they are tight tho. It would prob. be easier to remove the silver reflector first but that would require you to unscrew the lamp assembly (2x T20 screws).

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2.5 SEL w/ Cov.
      03-20-2012 09:09 AM #568
      [QUOTE=NekoSaur;76297710]Hey all,
      First post!

I just wanted to share the LED conversion pics of my 2011 Jetta SEL.
      Almost all of the advice, information, product recommendations and tips were received from this thread.
      So - THANK YOU!

Here are the kits that I used for this upgrade:

License Plate - Ziza 194's with resistors from ECSTuning

City Lights - Ziza City Light Kit with resistors from ECSTuning

Daytime Running Lights - V-LED Platinum White 20 LED 7W with Heat Sink

Low Beam and High Beam Headlights - GE NightHawk Platinum H7s (4 bulbs total)

Fog Lights - GE NightHawk Platinum 9006

All in all, this cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $190.00. I wanted to do it RIGHT. Use great quality bulbs with reputable manufacturers that will stand behind their products (ECSTuning, GE, V-LEDs)

I fully realize that I could have gotten $3 LEDs from eBay. I did. They sucked. The color was terrible and they were falling apart. Not automotive quality at all. Do yourself a favor and get the decent stuff! It's not worth burning your car up

I think it turned out even better than I had hoped - I love the look. Makes my car look like it's worth about 10k more.

Install was actually not bad - the hardest was the Driver's Side DRL. That was terrible. It took about 45 minutes of weird hand positions, bruises and scrapes to get the bulb in! All the others went in easy using the information on this site.

What do you think?

Ziza LED Platinum DRL on for first time

Another shot of the V-LED Platinums (they look a little green, but are very white)

*** UPDATE ***

I had some trouble with the DRL V-LEDs that I put in as shown above.
      I pulled into my garage shortly after installing them and noticed that one of the bulbs had turned off. Checked all of the wiring and it turns out it had burned out

Called V-LEDs and the rep confirmed that the housing for the DRL on the Jetta is probably too small to safely house a bulb this bright.

He recommended that I replace the Platinum 20 with a lower heat bulb for DRL use. They are on sale for $35.00 a pair.

Not as bright as the previous Platinum bulbs, but they still look great and show up well even in daytime.

So far I like these new bulbs much better - still very bright and they are a little more "White" at 5000k (the old platinums were somewhere near 7000K - lots of blue)

So far, so good - been driving for about a week with them.
      These bulbs are basically a solid chunk of aluminum with 5 huge, oval LED's recessed into the metal. Seems much more durable.

19. 03-20-2012 10:09 PM #569
      Someone had referred these interior lights for my 2012 GLI and said that he installed them in his 2012 TDI with no problems and no error codes

Just wondering if anyone has installed them before in a GLI. If not, im open to suggestions that people have actually installed successfully in a 2012 GLI with no problems or error codes

20. 03-20-2012 10:13 PM #570
      Someone had referred these interior lights for my 2012 GLI and said that he installed them in his 2012 TDI with no problems and no error codes

Just wondering if anyone has installed them before in a GLI. If not, im open to suggestions that people have actually installed successfully in a 2012 GLI with no problems or error codes

Blk 2012 GLI auto w/nav

21. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2.5 SEL w/ Cov.
      03-20-2012 10:18 PM #571
      Quote Originally Posted by Drew_P_Wiener View Post

Blk 2012 GLI auto w/nav
      I have this exact kit on order and in the mail from exLED in Utah.
      I will be installing the entire kit inside my 2011 SEL and will be taking pictures of the product and process. I am sure to blow some fuses on the install so I need to stock up on some 10A reds!

I know that the GLI seems to be a bit more picky. These do have resistors where needed but I just dont know if the GLI will throw a light code anyways.

More to come when it arrives!

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI
      03-20-2012 11:54 PM #572
      Quote Originally Posted by NekoSaur View Post
      I have this exact kit on order and in the mail from exLED in Utah.
      I will be installing the entire kit inside my 2011 SEL and will be taking pictures of the product and process. I am sure to blow some fuses on the install so I need to stock up on some 10A reds!

I know that the GLI seems to be a bit more picky. These do have resistors where needed but I just dont know if the GLI will throw a light code anyways.

More to come when it arrives!
      The only sucky part of the install where I blew a fuse were the ones for the back seat. They sucked. Let me know if they flicker or are really loose when you are done. I made a youtube video about them.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat TDI
      03-20-2012 11:56 PM #573
      Quote Originally Posted by Fussgus View Post
      The only sucky part of the install where I blew a fuse were the ones for the back seat. They sucked. Let me know if they flicker or are really loose when you are done. I made a youtube video about them.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N7O...STgoRpZq8h3SA=

Vehicles
      MkVI Jetta SE
      03-21-2012 10:41 PM #574
      Just swapped my DRLs and plate lights with LEDs I got on eBay. Let me know what you guys think. I don't have pics of the plate lights but will get them up here. Also I blew a fuse trying to swap out my glove box light so went back to stock. The same fuse runs your tail lights (non brake) and interior dome lights. Good thing Napa is a few feet down the road...

Before:

One down:

Both done:

Another angle:

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MY12 Jetta 147TSI
      03-22-2012 07:41 AM #575
      Wow that looks annoying. Have you contacted the manufacturer about this yet? Any solutions?

Also, how on earth did you get the front dome light bulbs out?!?! any tips??

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast