VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1988 CABBY.....work in progress....PIC HEAVY

94K views 937 replies 99 participants last post by  mr pibbs 
#1 · (Edited)
1988 CABBY.....work in progress....PIC HEAVY...fuel pump questions/opinions

the day i got it....

then started the work......

FOUND THE OLD PICS....

...ok, ive had this car a while, worked on it off and on, and now im getting it finished up to drive.....almost there...

See less See more
#5 ·
OMG....i had these wheels made at Diamond this way on purpose.....there is something about making my car look like "EVERYONE ELSES" just sounds gay to me....its a fun car...and im mixing styles and staying far from the beaten path if you will....

as for going lower....soon....got to sort out oil pan issues, and ride travel things im working on....i roll on hacked springs, always have...so im working on something to allow me to do that and still have travel, and the height i want...

#12 ·
why thank you.....most people dont "get" this car.....ive stolen ideas from about 60 diff. cars, plus i just do **** i like.....its fun, random....and itll catch eyes....so **** it!....im happy with where its going....and the beauty is, if i decide to change ****....i can...crazy theory i know, but i love driving an ongoing project...its fun, and i huge hobby of mine...

#23 ·
lol...maybe...ive seen it done a few times, and i love how it looked...thats why i did all my mirrors....

BUT...

i taped them off, cut the tape by hand so it was more natural looking,,,....not that digital cut vinyl ****...thats too clean....the old school broke racing boys did all this sort of **** by hand...thats the look i want...

#24 ·
I'm glad you are keeping the car on the road, but I will be honest and tell you it made me cringe. I like the look of the wheels, but like prior posts I think a lil too much poke in the front. 8s always look great in the back, but not in the front as well.

Cheers to you making it your own - and you have to understand that MOST of us that are die-hard Cabriolet fans want to keep them as classic as possible, because they are becoming rarer to find in good condition.

I once got my proverbial vortex ass handed to me because I sacrificed a cabriolet (non running) to make my car what it is today - that include the entire interior, fenders, bits and pieces that were broke in mine. The clipper kit was sold to a good home, as were the wheels and suspension. I now have that engine, an Audi 2a block in my cabby (rebuilt), along with a techtonics exhaust, dual manny, upper stress bar, short shifter etc. I'm just sayin', you can't please them all!

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.