VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

HPA Motorsports Core Interlock Motor Mount For TDI Engines

36K views 127 replies 8 participants last post by  VAD@HPA 
#1 ·
HPA Core Interlock Performance Motor Mounts are designed for comfort without compromise.

NEW APPLICATION!

Based on our popular Mk5 Core Interlock Performance motor mount, we are excited to announce the release of a specially tuned mount specifically for the TDI chassis to create a comfortable yet sporty driving experience. This new application is made with slightly softer durometer polyurethane that is well suited to the TDI daily driver.

WHAT DOES IT DO?

Our upgraded mounts reduce motor flex to improve torque transfer to the drivetrain, and prevent excessive movement under hard acceleration. Shifter engagement is faster and easier and stability is improved. These mounts will solidify the engine's connection to the chassis while still isolating its vibrations from the cabin.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

The unique Core Interlock design was born to balance sensitive chassis harmonics while maintaining a comfortable feel of the engine at idle.

Unlike other urethane inserts which merely reinforce the OEM rubber mount; this is a completely re-engineered one stop solution that will control the engine’s motion without the need to install aftermarket side mounts.

HVW-904-75 TDI Pendulum ("Dog Bone") Mount Applications

Mk5/Mk6 VW Golf/Jetta TDI

OTHER CORE INTERLOCK MOUNTS AVAILABLE:

The HPA Core Interlock Motor Mount is available in four different durometers for the Mk5 and Mk6 platforms. They are physically interchangeable allowing you to fine tune the comfort vs. performance level to suit your driving style. Each durometer offers a distinct driving characteristic and is recommended for the following applications:

• HVW-904-75 softest durometer, ideal for Mk5/Mk6 TDI daily driver
  • HVW-904-80 soft durometer, ideal for Mk6 Golf/Jetta/GTI daily driver
  • HVW-904-85 medium durometer, ideal for the 4 cyl. Mk5, Golf R, and Audi TTS
  • HVW-904-90 harder durometer, ideal for the 6 cyl. Mk5 R32, Audi A3, TT, TTRS

The reviews are in:

I was super happy with the HPA Interlock from day one. Much quicker shifts, not really any noticable vibes in car, super easy to install took under hour from start to finish.

No insane vibrations or buzzing. It’s quite comfortable.

Just for sake of putting it out there, my vibrations have reduced since it was first installed.

The mod is worth it...wow does this thing help smooth out the power delivery in the first few shifts from a stop...feels much better and seems like it comes off the line quicker and more purposeful.

Definitely a noticeable improvement. Was much more noticeable when I switched to M mode, smoother shifts and a more planted feel, the herky jerky unsafe-feeling downshifts have been pretty much thwarted. Can't wait to flog it in some twisties! It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Our TDI Dog Bone Mount is available for only $189.00 + $15.00 Standard Shipping to Continental US and Canada. International inquires should contact us directly for a shipping quote.

Orders can be placed by PayPal through our website, or by calling HPA directly at 604.598.8520.

See less See more
#86 ·
HPA will be closing Friday, December 21st for the holiday break, re-opening for business on Thursday, January 3rd...

All durometers of dog bone mounts are in stock and ready to ship! Send me an e-mail or IM, and I'll get you a quote with shipping to your destination...:thumbup:

#92 ·
For those of you that are considering this mod but was worried about the vibration it might bring, don't be. I'm super ana! about ride comfort and I approve of this mod. I went from having all 3 VF mounts in my mk4 so I know how bad vibrations can be but after putting this HPA mount in the R there has been no difference in cabin vibration.
Maybe I'm so used to how bad my mk4 was, the only time I kinda felt any vibration was at initial startup and at extremely low rpms but even then it was nothing at all. It definitely helps to reduce the sloppiness that some here have referred to.
I'm gonna see if it passes the gf test later on.

Herman
:thumbup::thumbup:

#103 ·
You guys want another test for the mount? Do this... before installing it, head to an empty wide paved road with no other vehicles or pedestrians, take the car to about 40 to 50 mph. Lane change as fast as possible. Feel the engine as it bucks and unsettles the car. Put in the mount, do the same test.... and feel how much more the car feels planted. :thumbup:
:thumbup::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.