Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 52

    Thread: soooooo....who is buying this car?

    1. 06-10-2011 04:56 AM #1
      beetle anyone?

    2. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 6th, 2011
      Location
      Switzerland
      Posts
      56
      Vehicles
      2011 Audi A1 S-line & E 63 AMG
      06-10-2011 08:20 AM #2
      I think I will be.
      Though I will be waiting until the LED/Xenons are available.

    3. Moderator silverspeedbuggy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2001
      Location
      Cleveland Heights OH
      Posts
      4,279
      Vehicles
      2006 GLI and 1987 Scirocco 16V
      06-10-2011 08:40 AM #3
      Yes. Spring/Summer 2012. Probably pretty close to loaded.

    4. Member LindsayLowhan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2010
      Location
      Jooooosey
      Posts
      1,373
      Vehicles
      Some Germans & some Brits.
      06-10-2011 09:56 AM #4
      Yup. Plat.Grey turbo, black leather, 6-spd, LED/Xenons, 19's, fender system.
      I'd really love a Defender.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 28th, 2001
      Location
      St. Louis MO
      Posts
      1,341
      06-10-2011 10:55 AM #5
      I'm long over due for a new car and this might be it once there are used ones around. I got a 98 in 2000 to avoid the crazy price inflation.

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2nd, 2010
      Posts
      96
      Vehicles
      1999 1.8T Beetle, 2009 2.5 Rabbit/Golf
      06-11-2011 05:22 AM #6
      I intend on getting one when my Rabbit is paid off. I have a 2009 Rabbit with 22000 miles on it. I am hoping to get about 10000 from a private buyer when it is paid off in about a year. That should make for a good down payment so that my monthlys aren't much higher than they are now.
      Engine and software mods should be around pretty quick for this car due to the fact that is shares engine platforms with several other models. 2.5L five pot, 2.0FSI, and the 2.0TDI. I will be looking to get the FSI model. I like the five cylinder that's in the rabbit, but it seems like the aftermarket forgot all about us rabbit owners. As far as I know the only way to turbo this car is to piece it all together yourself and hope someone can tune it for you. Or call C2 motorsports and pay 5000 dollars to have a 235 HP car. I'm not ragging on C2. They had a turbo kit for this car almost as soon as it hit the market. I just don't see any stick or crank upgrades for this car yet and that is where VW locked up all the ponies. If you can make 350HP with a non-FSI 1.8T then you should be able to get at least 400 to 450HP with the 2.5. So I will just give in and convert to the FSI.
      Last edited by rags2riches; 06-11-2011 at 05:31 AM.

    7. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      78,703
      Vehicles
      Harley 48
      06-11-2011 09:31 AM #7
      Not me.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2011
      Location
      Baltimore, Maryland
      Posts
      227
      Vehicles
      2011 Golf 2.5L
      06-13-2011 12:22 AM #8
      The girlfriend is considering it. But the lack of HIDs at launch is lame.

    9. Member umeng2002's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 9th, 2003
      Location
      Miami
      Posts
      5,235
      Vehicles
      2011 Volvo C30 R-Design
      06-13-2011 01:43 AM #9
      I might... need to see it in person.

    10. Member SeasideClub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 19th, 2001
      Posts
      132
      Vehicles
      2001 Passat Wagon, 2007 GTI, 2012 Golf R
      06-14-2011 07:43 PM #10
      Is this a hatchback? Doesn't look like it.

    11. Member vdub10golf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 22nd, 2010
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      1,486
      Vehicles
      '15 GTI Autobahn
      06-14-2011 07:48 PM #11
      If I didn't like my Golf so much I'd trade it in for this. My sister was looking into this car too but she wants a special edition color. Her last new car was a '01 new beetle isotope green turbo.

    12. Member mspastrygurl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Wernersville, PA
      Posts
      1,613
      Vehicles
      2003 NBC
      06-19-2011 12:33 PM #12
      I was going to go put a down payment on the limited edition black one, but I'm gonna wait for a convertible now
      "Just remember honey you cant get pregnant on your knees

      Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
      It was more of a joke...he obviously loves the penis!

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2010
      Location
      201 - Jersey
      Posts
      1,942
      Vehicles
      Shadow Blue GTI
      06-20-2011 07:52 PM #13
      im not but i would really get one

    14. Member 09WHTGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2011
      Location
      Inland Empire, CA
      Posts
      134
      Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI 6 Speed - Candy White/Anthracite
      06-29-2011 11:15 PM #14
      I'll keep my 09 GTI. I love it too much.
      2009 VW GTI
      6-Speed

      Previous VW:
      Mk1 1986 WE Cabriolet - 90hp of fury and a whole lot of dudes checking me out.

    15. 06-30-2011 10:48 PM #15
      I'll get one eventually- hoping to get a TDI.

      I'll probably do like i did for my 2000 nb- buy it used with a good chunk of it's warranty left.

    16. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2009
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      23
      Vehicles
      2K8 Jetta 5 spd
      06-30-2011 11:57 PM #16
      Think I might!

      I love my DD 2k8 Jetta but I think I need one of these instead.

    17. 08-01-2011 08:17 PM #17
      Yep. I'm thinking Denim Blue, 2.5 gas with cloth seats. I would prefer a manual transmission. I may want retro wheels, too. I may consider the Mid-grade Beetle 2.5 IF I can still get cloth seating. I don't like leatherette. I have leatherette in my 2007 Passat and in the summertime, the seat is about 140 degrees when I first get into the car!

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      742
      Vehicles
      VW MKV R32
      08-01-2011 11:00 PM #18
      Waiting to see a R version with dsg and hopefully awd.

    19. 08-02-2011 08:52 AM #19
      I'm seriously interested but I have to see it for myself. It can't feel too cramped when I sit in it and it has to be easy to get in and out without any major back twisting and dropping. A lot of the small cars seem to be made for someone small and young who can crawl and twist with a 20 something flexibility. My PT has been a good fit for the last 6 years but it's time for a new car for me.
      I would like the Turbo but will probably get the 2.5 with sunroof and a high trim level.

    20. 08-02-2011 01:37 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by scarabY2k View Post
      I'll get one eventually- hoping to get a TDI.

      I'll probably do like i did for my 2000 nb- buy it used with a good chunk of it's warranty left.

      Nice to see you over here! I'm on the org as Pushing Fifty! For whatever reason, the Tex wouldn't let me change my user name to fiftysomething when I hit the half-century mark a couple of years back. I 've also thought about waiting until there are used '12's or even 13's out there, but I don't know if I can wait that long!

    21. Member kaitisland's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 30th, 2005
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      1,530
      Vehicles
      2012 Turbo Beetle
      08-03-2011 01:10 PM #21
      I cannot wait to have one of these in my driveway. It's wheels are already waiting in my garage.
      @kaitisland | #hateisland

    22. Senior Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      US 129/ GA SR 60
      Posts
      34,045
      Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      08-03-2011 06:22 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
      Not me.
      Nor will I.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    23. n00b 55reasons's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2011
      Posts
      8
      Vehicles
      my RHD '55 Oval is my fav
      08-05-2011 05:16 PM #23
      Bought mine today.

      Loaded it out.

      No option left behind.


    24. Member l3it3r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 24th, 2004
      Location
      Hagerstown, MD
      Posts
      287
      Vehicles
      '10 Sportwagen TDI, '11 GTI
      08-11-2011 11:30 AM #24
      I had considered getting the Beetle Turbo, but I got a killer deal on the GTI which I also really like.
      2010 JSW TDI - Stock - Anthracite Goals - DSG
      2011 GTI - (nav&sunroof) -APR Stage 2, APR Carbonio Stage 1&2 intake, Eurojet 3" TBE, Autotech lower mount insert, vagcom stuffs, neuspeed sts, AWE Turbo Outlet, Lamin-x, ALL of the deAutoKey LED kits, DXD Stage 2 Daily Clutch & Flywheel (highly recommend for Stage 2!)

    25. 08-27-2011 09:42 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by fiftysomething View Post
      Nice to see you over here! I'm on the org as Pushing Fifty! For whatever reason, the Tex wouldn't let me change my user name to fiftysomething when I hit the half-century mark a couple of years back. I 've also thought about waiting until there are used '12's or even 13's out there, but I don't know if I can wait that long!
      Cool! I know you well

    26. 08-27-2011 02:32 PM #26
      Perhaps I'll meet you at Roswell in 2013!

      On another note, and without a US "build"' configuator online yet, I'm guessing a base Beetle will be $18995 plus about $795 shipping, so that can be rounded to $19800. Then I'm guessing 90% on dealer's lots will be automatic, and I heard that this will add another $1800. (I hope that's wrong, but I'll assume it's true to be safe). Now we're up to $21600, unless I go with a stick and have it ordered. Retro steel wheels with chrome hubcaps will also probably be extra (maybe $1000?) Then, an extended warranty out to 100K miles will probably be another $2000 or so. This brings the total to $24600! I can hope this is a high estimate, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. If this is the case, waiting for a manual would be well worth it. I also prefer rubber floor mats, but I'll probably get those at Auto Zone or Wal Mart.....In either case, I have a 2007 Passat that will knock this down by some 10 grand or so and I'll have saved a couple thousand more in cash, so I'm looking at maybe $275-$300 a month in payments for 5 years. I'm looking to buy one in the springtime. I'll also still keep my 2000 Cyber Green New Beetle as well.
      Last edited by fiftysomething; 08-27-2011 at 02:35 PM.

    27. 08-28-2011 02:27 PM #27
      A post-script here......Financially, it would make far more sense for me to simply trade my Passat in for a late-model used New Beetle of about 2008-2009 vintage. Even with still having a $3400 lien, I could get into a $14000 NB right now for about $275/month for 2 years as oppsed to 5.

      But....As soon as I saw a 2012 Beetle going down the road, I'd likely kick myself!

    28. Member mspastrygurl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Wernersville, PA
      Posts
      1,613
      Vehicles
      2003 NBC
      08-28-2011 05:01 PM #28
      Yea true I was gonna order one, cause I wanted to be the first wig one, but I have the convertible now and rumor has it the convertible is being released next spring. I know if I get the hard top and them see the convertible being advertised 6 months later, I'm gonna be pissed. So I'm waiting for the vert and saving as much money as I can to have a nice down payment

      Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
      "Just remember honey you cant get pregnant on your knees

      Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
      It was more of a joke...he obviously loves the penis!

    29. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2011
      Location
      Pee Dee Ecks
      Posts
      933
      08-29-2011 04:54 AM #29
      Depending on the dealer mark-up, after seeing the room inside and features in person, I might get a base or a 2.5 with sunroof.

      I'd like either denim blue or candy white with manual.

      But considering what it is, and that it's coming out in September, it's likely that I'll be lucky to get one at MSRP and with the things I want. I might just end up getting a Golf instead.

    30. 08-29-2011 08:29 AM #30
      Yes, if dealers try to rape us as they did when the first NB came out in 1998, I'll definitely go the late-model used route with a NB from the late 2000s. I also like the 2011 Golf. I saw a Candy White one with a stick for $19,4xxx.

      When the first water-cooled Beetles came out, the average markup around here was about $4000!

    31. Moderator silverspeedbuggy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2001
      Location
      Cleveland Heights OH
      Posts
      4,279
      Vehicles
      2006 GLI and 1987 Scirocco 16V
      08-29-2011 08:39 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by fiftysomething View Post
      Perhaps I'll meet you at Roswell in 2013!

      On another note, and without a US "build"' configuator online yet, I'm guessing a base Beetle will be $18995 plus about $795 shipping, so that can be rounded to $19800. Then I'm guessing 90% on dealer's lots will be automatic, and I heard that this will add another $1800. (I hope that's wrong, but I'll assume it's true to be safe). Now we're up to $21600, unless I go with a stick and have it ordered. Retro steel wheels with chrome hubcaps will also probably be extra (maybe $1000?) Then, an extended warranty out to 100K miles will probably be another $2000 or so. This brings the total to $24600! I can hope this is a high estimate, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. If this is the case, waiting for a manual would be well worth it. I also prefer rubber floor mats, but I'll probably get those at Auto Zone or Wal Mart.....In either case, I have a 2007 Passat that will knock this down by some 10 grand or so and I'll have saved a couple thousand more in cash, so I'm looking at maybe $275-$300 a month in payments for 5 years. I'm looking to buy one in the springtime. I'll also still keep my 2000 Cyber Green New Beetle as well.
      Go here for prices:
      http://www.vw.com/en/models/beetle/trims-specs.html

      Beetle 2.5 and Beetle 2.5 with sunroof both have the base 'Turbine' wheels. If I've read correctly, the 'spoked' sections are removeable, and the slots are behind that. So, you can just remove the spokes and have the retro wheels for no extra charge. There will be a chrome trim ring sold as an accessory, and it won't cost much.

    32. 08-29-2011 09:29 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      Go here for prices:
      http://www.vw.com/en/models/beetle/trims-specs.html

      Beetle 2.5 and Beetle 2.5 with sunroof both have the base 'Turbine' wheels. If I've read correctly, the 'spoked' sections are removeable, and the slots are behind that. So, you can just remove the spokes and have the retro wheels for no extra charge. There will be a chrome trim ring sold as an accessory, and it won't cost much.
      I don't think that is the case in the US. We are getting the better and larger wheels. The pictures from the mexican trip thread show a turbine wheel that is a full alloy spoke wheel. The heirloom (retro) wheels are probably not bound for the US.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...launches-today.
      The Disc wheels have a hubcap insert but it is still an alloy spoke wheel.
      Last edited by BeetleCurious; 08-29-2011 at 09:42 AM.

    33. 08-29-2011 09:34 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by fiftysomething View Post
      Yes, if dealers try to rape us as they did when the first NB came out in 1998, I'll definitely go the late-model used route with a NB from the late 2000s. I also like the 2011 Golf. I saw a Candy White one with a stick for $19,4xxx.

      When the first water-cooled Beetles came out, the average markup around here was about $4000!
      I'm looking at a 2.5 Sunroof and 6 speed auto. I suspect that will be the most popular model stocked by dealers. If I see that they are adding charges to pad the bill I can just wait for the frenzy to die down. One thing working for our favor in the US is that the factory is in Mexico so we can get them quicker this time. That should help to meet demand.

    34. Moderator silverspeedbuggy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2001
      Location
      Cleveland Heights OH
      Posts
      4,279
      Vehicles
      2006 GLI and 1987 Scirocco 16V
      08-29-2011 11:03 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by BeetleCurious View Post
      I don't think that is the case in the US. We are getting the better and larger wheels. The pictures from the mexican trip thread show a turbine wheel that is a full alloy spoke wheel. The heirloom (retro) wheels are probably not bound for the US.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...launches-today.
      The Disc wheels have a hubcap insert but it is still an alloy spoke wheel.
      Those wheels are not the base Beetle wheels. Read THIS POST from Jamie. He also stated in another thread that VW dealers are going to offer various trim rings and inserts so you can quickly and cheaply change the look of the base wheels.

      Also READ THIS post from Jamie.

      Of course, things change with VWUS all the time, so who knows. But the "Der Prospekt" PDF of the Beetle brochure also shows the 'turbine' wheels as the base wheels for the Beetle, and that 'Heritage' wheels are available.
      Last edited by silverspeedbuggy; 08-29-2011 at 11:10 AM.

    35. 08-29-2011 11:25 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by fiftysomething View Post

      I'll also still keep my 2000 Cyber Green New Beetle as well.
      How many miles does your Cyber have?

      I have an '01 with 192k and a few door dings.

      This MANLY bug looks better me thinks. I'll probably get a TDI and keep it for 500k/40yrs or death... whichever comes first.


      Last edited by Cadenza_7o; 08-29-2011 at 11:33 AM.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •