Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Volkshaus: A Kitteh's Perspective

Vehicles
      1991 GTI 8V
      10-29-2012 01:50 PM #106
      I iz posting on hoomanz account, I forgotz my password.
      I iz scared of Sandy, she is yelling outside and making everything move, i no like water.

even hooman cant make me feels better

COOLWATER VW/AUDI CLUB

Lets all just go back to talking about how awesome the mk2 is and how nothing else can compare.

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      10-29-2012 01:54 PM #107
      awww Rusty!!

Ranger has been extra cuddly today. He's been keeping calm to set a good example for Ghillie.

We're watching the news coverage of this poor guy getting pelted with rain down the shore and Nuno's like "Can't they do this from a hotel or something? 'Yeah see that rain out there, I ain't going out there. Neither should you.' ".
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      MK1 Race Car, MK1 Cabby, MK1 TT, MK3 Jetta, MK6 TDI
      11-07-2012 05:23 PM #108
      Iz alive and well, posting from undisclosed locashunz - I may or may not have gotten into a fight on the line for teh kibbles, but hey, cats don't do maths so it was an even day as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, in the aftermaths of Hurricane Sandy, I urge you to help out your friends and neighbors and kittehs in their time of need. Many of us take kibbles, cuddles, and a warm place to sleep for granted.. put yourself in somemew else's kitten mittens and think how you can help. Then do it!!! Then take a nap, because you've earned it!

Let's turn it over to teh tiny thing, who is covering the current weather situation for us (haha, sucker).

........ Ghillie, reporting live from the first snowfall of my nine lives. At first I was like -_____- donotwant

But then I was like :weeee!!: . You wish you had camouflages like this, big mau

Last edited by Puss N' Boost; 11-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
      Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will urinate on your computer.

"I believe that one day everyone, everywhere will know the wonders of my nipples." -- Stimpson J. Cat

Vehicles
      11-23-2012 02:44 PM #109
      I hope everyone had a happy Fangsgiving holiday! I gives thanks for kibble and squishy noms and belly rubs and hoomin hugs and ALL the grass!

While you all were lined up at Walmart like lassie dogs with rabies, teh tiny thing and me were making thoughtful, paw-crafted gifts for our hoomins. Who wouldn't love a freshly mauled squeaky critter on their pillow on Christmas morning??

Ghillie caught a tiny beaver, but I tolds him that doesn't count unless it has guts (plus that's where I hides my catnip. Shhhh!)

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will urinate on your computer.

"I believe that one day everyone, everywhere will know the wonders of my nipples." -- Stimpson J. Cat

Vehicles
      12-09-2012 03:11 PM #110
      My young apprentice is learning well...

Vehicles
      01 Jetta VR6 Wagon
      12-09-2012 06:38 PM #111

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      02-09-2013 11:09 AM #112
      Hope everyone is safe and digging out from the storm! We've got one Jetta on ice and one thawing, plus two kitties not amused

Ghillie has been purring nonstop since he came back inside from his brief foray into his natural habitat

Vehicles
      02-16-2013 11:07 PM #113
      Update from the Volkshaus garage: We are down to 2 CELs and one slow flat (the non-VW that we've been boarding for the winter - Ranger loves the high vantage point on top of the Mercedes ), with no state change on remaining Volkshaus vehicles.

Progress has slowed over the winter not due to lack of provisions, but due to a newfound addiction to The Walking Dead. Even Ranger has been getting into it

Vehicles
      2002 Cabrio
      02-26-2013 01:39 AM #114
      Best thread ever. I must make a point of showing this to my kitteh Scarlet. . . though she's a complete drama-queen princess, so she may not care. . .LOL!
      2002 Mk 3.5 Cabrio
      Thinking about going low and slow. . .
      "No, the Cabrio is NOT a 'Chick Car'! It's a Golf with extra 'headroom'!"

No need to be rude about it.

10. Junior Member Puss N' Boost's Avatar
      Vehicles
      03-27-2013 07:44 PM #115
      Teh hoomins are getting ready for autox, which involved...

... Sticky numbers. That's it. Take that show cars! :glares at hose:

11. Junior Member Puss N' Boost's Avatar
      Vehicles
      06-15-2013 04:39 PM #116

All's good on the Volkshaus homefront. Just wanted to say mew before I continue, er, washing the car.

12. Junior Member Puss N' Boost's Avatar
      Vehicles
      07-13-2013 03:13 PM #117
      Teh hoomins are at Mk1 Madness this weekend. We takes turns keeping watch.

Someone needs to man up and pull security

Vehicles
      1998 Golf GTI, 1968 Beetle
      07-10-2014 04:00 PM #118
      Love it
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      I’m not judgmental, so when I see a person push the wrong pedal, I never assume what gender she is.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Vehicles
      07-27-2014 12:19 PM #119
      It's been a while since our last update! Rest assured that we have been keeping busy... the Audi TT put up a valiant fight against another car, and Ranger put up a good fight against another cat.

Here's everything we missed sharing with you...

The silver Audi TT did amazing on the BFG Rivals as a dual-driven car for the 2013 NNJR SCCA autox season, taking both first and second place in D Stock. Unfortunately, it got edged off the road by an aggressive driver in a non-racing related incident, resulting in damage to the fender, bumper, headlight and hood. It was enough to total it out

The car was recently picked up by a veritable pit crew of awesome dudes that are bringing it back to life and driving like it was meant to be driven. To keep us on the autox course, we figured "why mess with a good thing?" and found another 225RQ with baseball interior. We also officially launched the motorsport chapter of our car club. Ghillie helped with our branding campaign

The finished product:

While we were undergoing our garage trials and tribulashunz, the cats had one of their own... not with each other but with the neighborhood vagrants. Ranger got attacked and his rear leg was injured and became infected due to the bite wound. We were worried that something was broken and had him x-ray'd, which revealed no bone damage but he does have hip dysplasia which is rare in cats.

Ranger was on house arrest for three weeks while healing up. Ghillie was a good sport and granting him his territory.

Vehicles
      07-27-2014 12:43 PM #120
      Waterfest weekend, which is nemo1ner and my anniversary, found us at the road course at Englishtown Raceway Park for this event's autox competition, i.e. Watercross. The TT was classed in B, which included our nemesis from the previous year: 400+hp stage 2 TTRS. To our 225hp stock TT, it would either be an underdog victory or a bloodbath.

After 8 runs battling it out on the course which featured fast sweepers, swift slaloms, and long straights that put us into 3rd gear, results were mixed. Our times put us in 2nd place, but by PAX we were faster.

I took the opportunity to test out the latest member of the family, my new daily (xoxo mk3 Jetta VR6)... a mk6 TDI. The car is surprisingly nimble and hugged the turns despite being on stock low rolling resistance tires.

All in all it was a good day. The TT sat out the afternoon session since the tires were on their last legs, but we threw caution to the wind when the Unitronic girls came by to hand out trophies and take some fun runs around the track.

It was interesting to see our vastly different driving styles in the videos

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...05jN3L8Y3KFRnQ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...unILHAtc-hXzuQ

Vehicles
      07-27-2014 12:54 PM #121
      We do have two new additions to the Volkshaus garage (okay, driveway): one is our original British Racing Green mini Cooper build.

The Mini Cooper was an early release that Ghillie helped us put together. The car is complete but we have not done a formal photoshoot with it yet.

They are available for preorder if you are a Lego VIP, and will hit stores August 1st.

All trolling aside, we were also in the market for a full-size Mini Cooper as a replacement for our other mk3 daily driver, which now has a sizable rust hole in the floor right at the passenger seat bracket mount. Our goal was to get something practical, not flashy, slower/economical, and practical for all seasons.

Instead, we came home with this:

Because really, who can say no to that face?

I think Ranger was hoping for something with a better roof for sleeping (although it did come with a soft top in addition to the vented hard top), but Ghillie has warmed up to it already.

He gave it a thorough once-over inside and out, and even helped us to check to ensure the fuses were all in good working order.

Vehicles
      07-27-2014 12:58 PM #122
      Forgot to mention in the last 3-post update.. while we may be slacking on vortex, we frequently post Instagram updates with #vwvolkshaus. Check us out or follow @nemo1ner =^.^=

Vehicles
      BAGGED 2012 TR BASE GLI
      07-28-2014 07:59 PM #123
      GREAT THREAD!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234