VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

MoWsE's .:R32 thread

61K views 439 replies 61 participants last post by  thesharkman 
#1 · (Edited)
So I figured I'd finally get around to starting my own thread for my car :laugh: Granted it's not from the very beginning, but it's a work in progress right? So I'll post up some pics of how she sits currently for now, I'll dig around the find the older ones I have as well...

Current mods:
- Airlift XL bag setup
> 5 gallon aluminum AVS air tank
> Auto Pilot V1 digital management
> Air Lift XL front struts
> STS 808 custom rear with inverted 2500 Dominator bags
> Dual VIAR 380C Compressors
> 3/8″ front line 1/4″ rear line
> AVS water trap
- Avant Garde M310's (18x8 rear, 18x9 front)
- Borla non-resonated exhaust
- EVOM's intake
- JCAPS
- All interior LED's
- Color matched sidemarkers and rear reflectors
- Engine cleanup and deletes

Anyways, onto the pics:

There's tons more pics out there, these are just some of the ones I have handy right now... I'll post other .:R stuff from here in here from time to time... Other stuff in the works:

- full carputer setup going in hopefully sometime soon
- Badgeless grill (from Germany)
- Pheonix Gold Ti 10" sub, with Pheonix Gold 5 channel amp going in the back
- Thinking of either a set of Work Equips or some RS's
- more engine bay cleanup (working with PSU here)
- Haldex and engine mount
- Maybe turbo down the road? :laugh:

Thanks for lookin!! :wave::wave:

See less See more
#140 ·
So I bought some new goodies :laugh:

- badgeless front grill
- working out boser hood with local shop
- dash gauge pod
- 3 easystreet needle gauges
- Dorbitz Designs molded sunglasses holder for Airlift V1 digital management
- Dorbitz Designs FSB brackets
- adjustable FSB endlinks
- H&R front 24mm and rear 28mm sway bars

Also, would like some assistance with decisions here. I'm looking into another set of "daily" wheels, cuz I honestly don't want to run the custom DPE's I'm having made as dailies. But instead of buying another set, was thinking about:

Painting the faces of these wheels (which I already have) white, leaving the inside black

And then (for better use of the term) "stancing" them out like such:

Thoughts? :laugh:

#161 ·
Most definitely! Hopefully will have it all done and on by the end of next week!

On another note (I tried searching but only came up with GTI ones). Does anyone know what fuse is for the headlight washers? I want to pull it, or something since the front bumper is getting shaved this weekend.

#172 ·
So I need some helpful opinions from my fellow b.:Rethren here... I got the badgeless grill still waiting to go on, it's been on hold with the new exhaust and everything coming in :laugh:

Anyways, I'm trying to get opinions on what to do with the grill... I have called around a few places and tossed around some ideas about trying to get it to look like the stock "brushed" look, but it's looking like that'd be rather pricey if I go that route... Also tossed around doing some custom leafing on it, but there isn't anyone on island that knows how to do that stuff really :banghead: 2 other options, paint it silver and hope it looks good, or gloss black and redo my mirror covers black as well...

Opinions? :wave:

#173 ·
I like how it currently is (plastidipped?) but personally, I would stick with some sort of silver or black and keep it simple since it gets a lot of wear. Maybe a vinyl wrap of some kind? I've mentioned the vinyl before and it seems like the best option to me if you don't like the plastidip look.

#182 ·
All I know is the Milltek ones seem to go down to 2.5" and should fit stock compatible components. But doesn't Forge offer headers for their Scorpion exhaust system?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.