VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

My build thread: Sleeping Wolf

10K views 88 replies 42 participants last post by  boostd12v 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought the car back in November of 2010 because I needed a decent daily, with decent mileage, 4 dr (for the kids), and I liked the look :p. Bought it with 90K, and currently has 140K. It's my daily and only means of transportation

Current Mods:
Black E-Codes with fogs
Smoked marker lights
Black LED Repeaters
Candy-Cane tails
Stage 1 Chipped (Done by PO, not sure what company)
3" Race Downpipe
VDO Boost gauge in offset column mount
Short Antenna
Debadged Trunk
Wastegate spring Mod
APR R1 Diverter Valve
H&R RSS Club sport Coilovers
10mm wheel spacers in front
20mm wheel spacers in rear

Mods waiting install:
None

Future mods:
Mostly maintenance

Pics (don't have many, as I don't have much time to detail with work, family, etc)

Free Advertising :p

E-Codes, 5000K HIDs, and Hella Fogs

(HIDs have been removed and replaced with SilverStar Ultra bulbs)

Boost Gauge at night

Debadged Trunk

Shorty antenna

Update: Did a full top-end rebuild at 103K due to the timing belt going out. Hopefully she runs good for a while now :thumbup:

138k my auxiliary water pump died...again! Bypassed for now, and probably for good. Can't justify buying one every year, especially when retail is $180 for a tiny pump!

See less See more
#5 ·
Tails will be gone soon; have some candy-canes sitting in the closet, just waiting for the right day (and time) to put them on. Not sure if I want to tint them a little first or not though; probably not :p. I'm not sure about the wing though; is it just stuck on, or will there be holes in the trunk if I remove it?

agreed. without low you'll never really get approval on here though. just a heads up :beer:
I know, hence the "don't even bother" post above :p. I mostly want it stockish looking too, so I doubt I ever will lower it. Another reason for all the OEM like exterior upgrades :p

#8 ·
Tails will be gone, eh on the spoiler, why the HIDs? And what the hell are side vents? And I know how to enter a driveway, I was just trying to show how steep some of the drives around here are; that's not even one of the steepest ones.

there will be holes if you remove the spoiler, because of the third brake light so just get another trunk lid which is what I did. As for the tails, it takes no more than 5 minutes to install them and if you are going for the smoked look just get gli tails.

Oh and bag it.
Hmm, might keep my eye out for a new hatch then. And bags are a possibility, but that's far far far in the future

#21 ·
either use 2x4's to enter your driveway or bag it. im such a problem solver :laugh: if i lived in florida id buy coils just so i can drive around static :thumbup:

#35 ·
Wife won't let you buy coils? Dude, just buy them and have 'em shipped to a friend's place. Put 'em in there, then drive home. She won't notice. If she does, tell her your springs sagged, or that you got the coils for 28.50 shipped. Problem solved.

#40 ·
ill sell you my fks for 400 shipped :laugh:

#42 ·
ill knock 2 off 399 shipped

#48 ·
might as well spend the extra little cash to get the head ported and polished:thumbup:
car looks pretty good, get r/s/r/s tails instead of those candy canes, :thumbup:

#56 ·
i love the v dub community but it kinda gets on my nerves how everyone on this forum is obsessed with dragging their oil pan on the pavement. some people myself included actually like the stock "rally" look

sorry guys just venting to each his own

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.